Symmetric Strength thread

>tfw first day lifting as a fatass

Other urls found in this thread:

symmetricstrength.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wait what the fuck? This has to be bait. If you're a fatass you should be more than just subpar, these are hungry skeleton numbers. How the fuck do you become a fatass without building any muscle mass whatsoever? Especially in your legs? Do you not walk? Holy fuck.

Also great job doing something man keep it up, I'm giving you shit because I'm an asshole on the internet and that's what we do but any workout is better than no workout. Keep progressing.

We're all gonna make it.

>How the fuck do you become a fatass without building any muscle mass whatsoever?
I had an office job so I was sitting down 8 hours a day and basically the same when I got home. I think my squat/dead will progress pretty fast since my legs are somewhat strong, especially as I continue to lose weight.

My upper body is going to be the major issue since it's always been a weakness

What site is this?

symmetricstrength.com

>mirin
Post pics pls

Not much to see. I'm still a fatass.

Still need to lose 30lbs of raw weight and probably 40-50lbs of fat

Yeh budddy

>score was 63.5 four months ago
>added 200lbs to my deadlift

Have you ever done any physical activity in your life?
Im fat but i played football in hs, i dld 185 5x5 first time ever deadlfting im 22 now

>basically only squats the bar

are you a lanklet or a girl?

i played football in middle school and then backyard football in high school but that was over decade ago

dude you need stronglifts, Eat high protein, you should be able to double these numbers in like 2 weeks.

thats what im doing actually

>don't do any of the squats, floor pulls or vertical presses they have listed

Shitty as fuck site desu famalam

good, man. Keep at it until. In a few months you will see a huge difference!

i was about to say, these prob aren't his max lifts
if he is just following SL. it just starts with bar

GL and keep it up

What uh...what do you do?
Go ahead friend. Post lifts and your max on each. I'm interested in seeing what worthwhile variations are not listed

>395 squat
>425 DL

squat lower faggot

>175 OHP
>175 push press

you don't OHP 175

At least you're doing something about it. Now keep going.

>tfw finally hitting blue man
I’ve only been lifting seriously for a few months. I started out weak as shit. Feels like making it.

God bless you DYEL shrimp puff!
I ATG my squat, only variation is that I have a slightly wider stance that is not quite sumo, but its the only way to squat without feeling uncomfortable pressure on my knees.
My Squat and Bench Press are trailing behind because I swapped them out to focus on OHP, Deadlift, and Weighted Dips.
I could show you my other Symmetric Strength pics showing my progression through the year, but I won't. I'm just going to bask in this salt, the byproduct of your oh so pathetic weakness.
>thank you user, for this diamond hard erection
My goal is a 200lb OHP someday. I'm creeping up there slowly but surely. Be sure to come back then.
>this is what it is like to have goals and achieve them user.

Switch to SS. You’ll stall out less often and the guys that write it have a shitload of resources you can learn from.

Well I alternate between these two right now:

1:

1. Pullup / Chinup / Dip superset (3x10 or to exhaustion)
2. Raised Knee Crunches (To exhaustion) / Leg Raises (To exhaustion)
3. Decline Crunch with Weight (15kg) (3x10)
4. Rotary Torso Progression (40-50kg) (3x10)
5. Lower Back machine (70-80 kg) (3x10)
6. Dumbbell Bicep Curl (20kg) / Tricep Extension (28-32kg) / Side Lateral Raises (12kg) / Front Dumbbell Raise (12kg) superset (3x10)
7. Lat Pulldowns Progression (55-65kg) (3x10 or to exhaustion)

2:

1. Pullup / Chinup / Dip superset (3x10 or to exhaustion)
2. Raised Knee Crunches (To exhaustion) / Leg Raises (To exhaustion)
3. Decline Crunch with Weight (15kg) (3x10)
4. Rotary Torso Progression (40-50kg) (3x10)
5. Lower Back machine (70-80 kg) (3x10)
6. Chest Press Progression (100-110kg) (3x10 or to exhaustion)
7. Incline Dumbbell Flys Progression (26-30kg) / Incline Dumbbell Bench Press (26-30kg) (3x10)
8. Seated Cable Rows Progression (50-60kg) (3x10 or to exhaustion)

As well as some mobility exercises, mainly for my hip flexors and that area.

Works pretty well for me, as I have back problems which I don't really want flared up by doing squats. I am doing the mobility exercises for it though, so maybe one day.

nice copypasta, will be using it in the future for sure

>this is what it is like to have goals and achieve them user.

nice job kid, while you're chasing a sub-2lmaopl8 OHP, I'm well on my way for a 315 OHP

Your squat isn't lagging, you have a shit DL for such a squat, which indicates you're not going deep enough

Not him, but a 30lb gap between squat and dl is kinda odd
Also, ohp and push press are not the same, so it would be quite odd to have the same numbers in both categories
Overall not too bad progress if they are your numbers though

Glad I could contribute to the future trolls of Veeky Forums. Legit though, you might be retarded friend. If I stopped Squatting because I started to Deadlift, what might a (reasonable, sane, intelligent) person be able to infer from that?
>symmetric strength thread
Post your results. I'm actually eager to see what your other lifts are if you have a 315 (e-stat) OHP. Hell, I would pay for a photo of you. Lately I've been getting mires about my shoulders. Would love to see how yours look if you are over 100lbs above me
>...100lbs
How much do you weigh?

Do you not bench?

Yes

>symmetric score -33
>get rid of dips since they are not part of the program I'm doing now
>symmetric score -55

Fug

Thank you. I know there is a discrepancy between my OHP and Push Press but it's because on my 3rd and 4th rep at 175 I tend to wiggle just a little bit, and I tagged it as "Push Press" as a result of not being absolutely strict. I'll remove that.

Tfw extremely long arms:( atleast they help my diddly

>Deadlift 425 x 1
>Sumo DL 385 x 1

Starting Strength or a girl who only squats?

I've been lifting since January.

almost dr manhattan mode

it's his first day. he probably has the strength to lift more, he just doesn't know how much yet, and it's good to start conservative.

>office job

Jesus Christ how lazy

better

it paid the bills

I've been doing that shit constantly for one month and being a giant decided to add weight fast got to 225 for dl and 200 for sq work weight arms are weak tho
Any way just do it 3 days a week keep at it

3.5 years of lifting.

>no dl
>novice squat
Kek

Are you me? About the same amount of time.
Fuck squats.

It paid the bills but that's the kind of work that makes you fat and lazy as you get older

You’re not gonna make it

1 month of lifting
>we're all gonna make it, r-right?

I haven’t improved my bench or ohp since highschool. no matter what routine I do, how much rest, high reps low reps nothing helps

Where can I find images of similar nature, for masturbational purposes?

>. no matter what routine I do, how much rest, high reps low reps nothing helps
eat?

gonna bloatmaxx til 3pl8 bench

Anything off the trolley, dears?

I have an office job and have a gym at my office. Get to workout while getting paid...

I’ve been hovering around 20-25% bodyfat, so I haven’t been counting macros but I’m definitely eating enough calories. I’m also seeing progress in my other lifts just not with my upper body. I should mention I have an undiagnosed elbow injury from football that comes and goes but it rarely affects me while I’m lifting

Slowman getting pretty close to full blue.
>Tfw quads at 44.9 score
Thinking about removing dips from my acessories since I keep hearing horror stories about what they do to shoulders.
Not sure why I have such a hard time deadlifting.

literally the opposite of me.

Is this good for only being 2 months into lifting? I am also on a large calorie deficit right now because I am trying to no longer be fat (Was 225lbs now 185lbs) my squats are low because I struggle with form because ankle flexibility is shit and I haven't touched OHP in about a month so that number is probably better now.

Illl 'av tha lot

Dude Pls squat. This is me after 3.5 years. Greyskull took my 10 rep squat from 225-285 in two months

@168 lbs

>this was me two months
>my lifts have somehow gone down
>hopped onto starting strength from the very beginning and now have difficulty at 95kg squat - hip adductors are very sore. On the positive side I smashed 110kgx5 deadlift yesterday.

can you outline your programming over the last few years? just doing starting strength now and got to 280 3x5 squats @ 170bw but can't keep adding weight 3x a week, thinking of changing programs, deadlift still going up though, deloaded bench and only managed my first set of 5 with 140ohp today

fuck off your ohp is not the same as your push press 1rm lmao

Starting Strength is obviously working for you - I'd highly recommend getting Practical Programming for Strength Training 3rd Ed (PPST3). Just reading it for you now, will summarise its advice.
>The Advanced Novice
Go from 3 full load squat sessions per week to 2 with "the introduction of lighter squats of 60-80% of Monday's work set" on the 2nd squat day of the week.

>After this
Do back-off sets. Do your 5lb increase on Monday and Friday, but only for your first workset. Then deload 5-10% for your 2nd and 3rd set of the day. Keep light squats on day 2 at 60-80% of your new Monday max.

>"Backoff methods work better with squats and the 3x3 method works better with presses."
Reduce your OHP and bench volume to 3x3 and continue adding the weight following normal procedures.

>After this
Move to Texas Method or suitable other. PPST3 has loads of good intermediate workouts programmed in a similar fashion.

My bench sucks for some reason and I've always had issues with squat form. Soon 1.5 years of lifting.

ahhh that squat method makes sense to me
I'm confused by the 3x3 though, wouldn't we want volume to be the same? I was listening to barbell medicine and they recommended doing 5x3 with ohp and bench until you can hit 5x5 then up the weight and do 5x3 again but they might be deviants
thanks for sharing

The final 2 sets from experience and studies don't provide much benefit. Ie there isn't much, if any advantage of 5 sets over 3 sets. You'll never do 5x3 until you hit 5x5 increasing weight? Do 3x3 until you stall, then change program.

Ah sorry that's the difference - with barbell medicine you stay with a constant weight until you get 5x5. Doing 3x3 on SS you should continue increasing 2.5kg a workout.

Barbell Medicine increase volume every workout to regulate increases, with weight secondary, SS increases weight every workout to regulate increases, with volume secondary. While you can increase weight every workout and eke out linear progression, do the SS method.

I did a shitty meme routine til I got 1/2/3/4 which made my deadlift way more than my squat(don't do meme routines) so in December I deloaded everything to do greyskull and I've been pring every workout session. Since December my lifts were this
Deadlift:405-455
Squat:225X10-285X10
Ohp: 135-165
Bench:235-275

Angela white

You're the anti-me

are those numbers by x5 or singles?
very nice, been thinking of trying GSLP

Fat people are going to be subpar in just about everything starting except for presses most likely. I'd imagine he could probably 5x5 100 or more pounds on bench press next week. But it's better for him to be careful and start slow with that so he can save his shoulders. We tend to forget that BP is a fairly technique driven lift.
Did you lose 50lb but chopping off your legs, because you look just as fat in the upper body?

Symmetric strength takes weight into account. I lift less than my friends but my score is higher because I can lift more for my weight

Me too, OP
>feelsbadman

Nice work, now keep it up and don't stop. Practice good form and don't forget your cardio.

>tfw full subpar last month and now full untrained

post body. your lats must be huge.

>on my way for 315 OHP

post it or fuck off

fuck ya bro

wow. woah. no way! you're better at one type of deadlift than the other? that's insane! unheard of! wow! woah!

>tfw giant fucking legs that are not only disproportionately long compared to the rest of me but also disproportionately thick in terms of bone density

SL is better than SS

lol same, have 4.5plate deadlift but can't bench 2 plates.

>tfw we have similar stats
>tfw i have thicc legs too

hm

LONDON?
O
N
D
O
N

im male

>still entirely untrained
I'll join your ranks one day bros

Don't be a fucking faggot, he clearly looks thinner

>same weight for OHP and push press
>yfw

Not doing to bad myself, only been going to the gym for 11 months but i grew up in the mountains so i was already pretty fit.

>1 month
Keep going, it'll 7 months before you see a real change

H A M P S H I R E

110 lbs deadlift bruh? That means you're using 2.5lb plates bruh??? i didnt even know that was allowed on a deadlift.

for real tho good work. just stick with it and in ~10 months youll be patting yourself on the back while a blonde bimbo pats you on the cock

Same problem. Everyone says my arms are small but the problem is that my muscle insertions are really long and as such they look tiny.

Sure thing, not that big though. I just do 100kg 6 reps at RPE8 as my working sets which gives eRM of around 127kg. Or maybe the lighting is just shit and I have body dysmorphia.

Relearning how to squat after being run over