/fast/ # 140 - happy snek edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0

While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

last

How to stop dying on day 2-3?

I have almost zero energy and walking takes too much out of me. Is it because I'm too lean? Should I just do OMAD? I'm currently following a 20:4 IF protocol.

at what bodyfat percentage can i stop eating for atleast a month?
only the weak need food

Gotta link my post I guess
Note that this isn't "muh sad life" shit, I know some vitamin missing is causing this effect. I'd like to know, thanks for help

you have to be fat as fuck, so like 35%+

That's impossible to say. Your height, gender, TDEE, and a ton of other factors come into play.

Depending on how fat you are, you can probably expect to lose anywhere from 1lb to 1.5lb a day, or .75lb to 1lb a day if you're under 200lbs (all approximate). I've seen some people suggest that you shouldn't water fast down to your goal weight, and that it's not a bad idea to stop once you're at 20-25% BF. So, figure out all the math yourself and that'll give you a rough idea of how long you can (or should, rather) fast.

Are 20/4 or 16/8 helpful for weight loss. I'm slightly overweight, also thinking about doing some strenght training for newbies once or twice a week
Also a femanon

kys memer you fast for 12h everyday sleeping step it up and stop being a crybaby

Just give me a drug

>12 hours makes me feel "sad"
Are you sure you're not just a sugar addict?

Coming to the end of my third day on my second fast. Looking to go five days this time, feeling good, but weight is stagnating so feelsbadman...

Newfag here with some questions:

1. Can I fast my way into a 6-pack
2. What kinds of alcohol and drugs can I consume while fasting
3. Is there enough fat on my belly (pic related) to sustain a week without eating and without fucking up my gains
4. Do I have to wait until the fast is over to exercise and get gains
5. Will my body automatically be in a state of Ketosis after 1 week of fasting
6. Will I stop pooping eventually

Thanks in advance fellas

Read the sticky, faggot

Read about it man. All your answers are probably in the starting post and you're asking for people to do the research for you.

>alcohol
Lmao are you even trying

I want to lift x3 a week and get lean
In your opinion, what should be faster for fat loss, doing OMAD every day of the week or 16/8 every lift day and fast the other days?

I cant neither OMAD or fast friday and saturday btw

I'm 255 pounds 6'3 fat fuck. Can I become a twink or at least a skeleton and then twink conceivably before summer? My plan now is to fast for at least a month and then see where I stand. Skeleton for me would probably be anything under 180 pounds. Anyone done something similar?

>gains
Where?

1. yes
2. alcohol is a 100% no no
3. yes, you have no gains to lose
4. no, you can fast and exercise perfectly fine as long as you replenish your electrolytes (see snake juice)
5. it will be in ketosis before 48 hours usually
6. depends

I'm nearing 72 hours and haven't noticed a change in my weight. Is it water retention due to the snake juice? Just wait it out, I'm assuming?

Ok but I won't get gains right? Like if I do pull-ups I'm not gonna gain any more muscle mass

Also btw what would happen if I literally just stopped eating and only drank water and didn't take any vitamins

You'd be fasting?

I'm on day 4 of what I hope to be 41 days water fasting. It's better than day 2, but I'm still weak and tired all the time. So far I've been supplementing with magnesium tablets, plus I've started adding lime juice to water with cayenne pepper for one drink in the morning. I bought some apple cider vinegar and will be adding that to water later this afternoon. I'm doing this for spiritual, health and personal challenge reasons. It's difficult and I'm not even 10% complete. I even had a dream last night where I broke the fast and was like Oh No.

But never mind that. Time to soldier on.

You'd be fasting.

These threads always seem really sketchy

The beginning is the hardest part since your body is getting used to it. Once you reach a "state of balance" your body has all the energy it needs stored in fat cells and you'll feel fine and it's really easy to just continue. Longer fasts are way easier than multiple shorter ones.

Fasting dreams are common. It's nice to wake up and realize it was just a dream.

It sounds cliche but you've gotta forget what you think you know brah, this stuff is legit

There mostly in my shoulders and back dude and to a lesser extent biceps. You can't really see in the picture but that's beside the point

Yeah. Had like 5 I-just-broke-my-fast dreams in one night once. Felt good when I woke up and realized I hadn't. Kinda like waking up thinking there's an exam and there ain't.

I tried four days and it's mostly not BS. The painful feeling in your stomach that you usually associate with hunger disappears after the second day and doesn't come back. After that you just kind of coast and don't even feel hungry. I usually have to stop because I get really tired though. I just want to lay in bed and sleep all day.

Well stay away then. It's not like there's anything to sell so it doesn't matter to anyone else if you're into fasting or not.

Regarding Question 2:

On day 2 of the fast I'm currently doing, I got my hair cut. The barber asks if I want to smoke weed with him. I agree and we step outside and smoke a joint. BIG MISTAKE. I went back inside, the guy finished my haircut and shave. When I went to get up, my vision was cutting out, I felt dizzy and almost fell over. I sat down, they got me some water and I started to feel better. I ended up chilling with them in the barber shop for the next half hour while I regained my composure. It was definitely a combination of not having smoked in a few months, coupled with fasting and then standing up too fast.

Best just to avoid all drugs. Don't be dumb like me user.

Hard to be bs when it's literally what we have evolved to do. Feast-famine cycle was the name of the game until modern agriculture/infrastructure. Fasting is just artificial famine, nothing more nothing less.

Tried to do my first three day fast, broke after a day and a half. Got any advice?

What the fuck kind of barber is that.

Stop eating

you fasted longer than most people have. Grats. Research more and find out why you failed and try again.

Do it again. You don't run before you can walk. What made you cave in? Work at that. It's hard to give real advice when the devil is often in the details and everyone's relationship with food is a bit different.

The 24-36 hour mark is by far the hardest
Just stick with it and try to take a nap or whatever if you're bored.

I get way more pleasure from having dreams of food compared to really eating food so fasting feels great for me.

In addition to the other replies consider why this seemingly miraculous treatment of obesity is not seen in the mainstream. It's quite simple: there isn't any money to be made off of fasting - no supplements, no protein powders. Also, it takes a lot of willpower, most people in our modern lifestyle just want a quick fix, an easy diet plan or exercise routine to go by. They don't want to be told that you have to do all by yourself, and the beauty of fasting is that one you go past that initial hurdle, it only gets easier.

So...blame the jews?

just bought some adult diapers, I've already shat myself twice

This makes so goddamn much sense.

More broadly the pharma companies, "health food" shops who are only looking to maximise their profits

It was probably my fault for keeping a jar of almonds in plain view. I'll try again on Friday

yup

americans now do feast-maintain cycles for +3lb/yr clean bulking

Of course
Where do you think you are?

Tough luck man. I shit myself and puked bile once while fasting and going for a 5k run. It should pass if you don't eat too much salt.

I'm in Mexico City. Need I say more?

Actually I will say more, since its funny to me. I went into the shop because it looks like a nice upscale place from the outside and the inside. The guy running it spoke English and said he had been running the shop for four years. He later told me he was deported from the US and was asking me (a leaf) if he would be allowed into Canada if he has a felony record in the States. So yeah, it's that kind of place.

You don't need any jews to form a cabal but it sure does help.

Damn, here in Northern Europe if you so much as mention drugs someone might try to citizen's arrest you :D. Barbers especially shouldn't make too many risque comments since they'll just lose their jobs.

I ordered an electrolyte supplement hoping it'll be easier than salt on my intestines.
I've been shitting bile and mucus for weeks now and it's nasty as fuck. Regular shit smells like flowers in comparison.

Shouldn't be a problem because I'm not a pot smoker. Also trying to stop drinking though I still wanna use kratom and caffeine

I'm about 16 hours in to my first fast ever (want to clear 42 hours), really not as bad as people make it out to be? Or when I hit a certain hour will I know?

Hey bud, my stats are almost totally identical to yours, started at 255lbs on the dot (except I'm one inch taller lmao manlet :^)))) ). I also have a very similar goal to you.

I'll tell you this much--I'm currently on my seventh day of water fasting, and I'm down to about 238lbs. Now, the majority of that is probably water weight, sure, but pretty fucking gud progress I think.

I intend to go another week or two and get down to either 225lbs or 215lbs, then switch over to OMAD or even just CICO to get down to about 195 or so. It's been recommended to me not to water fast all the way down to your goal weight, but plenty of people have done that, so you could get this all done before me if you started now. Hoping to have this all done before mid-May.

So, there you go. I think it's definitely possible. Good luck!

Salt is bad if you drink too much of it since it draws out water from the intestine wall creating water inside the colon and other parts of the intestinal track, which is then shit out as diarrhea. If you sip salt water very slowly throughout the day you shouldn't experience any ill effects. If the electrolyte supplements keep the shits away and it works for you, you do you man!

It's way better than the nofap threads, I'll say

Lmao this has happened to me too.

Every time I woke up, I was so fucking pissed at myself for breaking my fast, and then half a second later I realize it's a dream and I feel so relived.

Now that the hunger/cravings are gone, though, I haven't had one since.

Thanks lanky :D! I've done a bit of fasting before but never a longer one, so I was just looking if the weight loss slows down significantly on fasts over a month. Long fasts seem pretty good for not getting loose skin so I'll just see what happens.

>If you sip salt water very slowly throughout the day you shouldn't experience any ill effects

I know, but I could only handle the constant taste of salt for the first few days. It's been over a month now and I just can't handle tasting salt anymore.

How could you be cynical about becoming a pheromone pussy magnet and gaining superhuman sensory powers by not experiencing orgasms? You must be kidding.

That's odd. I grew to like it after not having anything to eat. It was like shitty broth. At first I drank salt water and fresh water alternating until I was fine with the taste.

Seems like you took too big of a hit, I doubt that had anything to do with the fasting, to be honest. I've had times where I'll take a hit off a freshly cleaned bong and I'll have to sit down for a second because of the insane headrush

which fasting diet should i follow when i reach 12%?

Depends on what you want. OMAD is a quick and dirty do all that has worked for me so far.

what i want is get ripped fast as possible

Pls b bait

I'm doing a combination of OMAD and fasting days (1-2 per week) as I see fit based on if I have fat I need to get rid of.

Ripped can be lowering bodyfat or gaining muscle mass. It's very hard to do both. Fasting obviously makes it harder to put on muscle mass so it might be a good idea to just fast 1 or maybe 2 days a week completely and other days eat like a madman for bulking. Fot lower Bf just keep on fasting, the more extreme the faster it'll come. Omad is easy to do but takes a while to get fucking ripped.

Sometimes when u stop eating your digestive tract stops and then starts to work in reverse. It happens because the person had too many white blood cells before the fast. Take 10x the normal amount of exlax to fix this. It's called tetosis.

was just wondering if fasting continuously was still viable after 12%

Guys i have an acidic stomach on water fasting. anything that comes to mind here?

>so I was just looking if the weight loss slows down significantly on fasts over a month.
It's more like it slows down significantly after a few days, since those first few days, you're mostly losing a shitload of water weight. I think the rule of thumb is that you can lose about 1lb to 1.5lbs of fat a day. Since I think I've only just very recently tapered off with my water weight gains, I can't say for sure what my rate of weight loss will be in the long term.

Anyway, if this is your first long fast, I'll just give some tips from my personal experience:

>First couple days, you'll be hungry as fuck, but it's not -too- bad. That tapers off over time, so just make sure to keep yourself busy those first few days. The food cravings are a lot worse, but those'll get better as the hunger goes away.

>It's probably a good idea to ease into the fast by doing a keto diet for a few days. I didn't personally do that and I've turned out mostly fine, but it'll probably make things go easier.

>The first week will probably be pretty shitty as a whole since you'll be fucking around trying to find the right balance of electrolytes to put into your water. Personally, I've found that 1tsp of pink salt and 1tsp of nosalt is just about perfect. Anything more tastes too salty, and gives me the squirts. I got bad heartburn the other day, and that was when I experimented with using table salt instead of pink salt, hence why I recommend the pink salt. That may just be because the table salt has a higher concentration of sodium, though.

>Lastly, I'd personally recommend against a lot of the additives people recommend, like lemon juice, ACV, and cayenne pepper. YMMV, but personally I've found that whenever I ingest anything that isn't black coffee, tea, snek juice, or fresh water, I start to feel fucky. You may even want to stay away from coffee or water it down if you're not used to drinking it black, but the caffeine gives you a nice energy boost that first few days, and helps suppress your appetite. If you can manage the cayenne pepper, that helps boost your metabolism, suppress your appetite, and makes the snek juice a bit more tolerable, too. Maybe the additives get better in the long run when your gut is a bit more stable, but I couldn't say.

>Long fasts seem pretty good for not getting loose skin so I'll just see what happens.
I've seen a handful of people here recommend getting down to 20% BF or so, then transitioning to OMAD or CICO for health reasons and to help with the prevention of loose skin, but like I said, plenty of people have fasted down to their goal weight and turned out pretty alright. I'm going to play it on the safe side, but do what you think is best.

Depends on the person slightly but Yes. Seemed to work pretty well for the prisoners in Auschwitz, but it'll also eat away muscle tissue when your fat reserves start getting lower. Pick your posion; intermittent fasting for less muscle loss but slower change in bf or water/dry fast for more muscle tissue loss, but faster bf drop.

My best guess is too much sodium.

You can try mixing a bit of baking soda with some water to help quell your stomach, but personally, when I tried that, I'm pretty sure it made me nauseous, so just be careful.

Requesting "arctic camel" image.

tell me why you want it and ill post it
if youre gonna share that shit on reddit i hope you drop dead

apple cider vinegar helped me, take a few tablespoons eriday.

I'm so damn cold today, is this what it feels like to be undead?

Stop being a pussy

just go into the fucking archive you lazy cunt

Someone?

>got stomach pain.
>Dropped culprit.
>Have withdrawals.
So far so good.
Now I wanna crank it up and I thought of fasting.
What is a better way to let some wild animal health, but letting it alone?
Any tips you want to give me?

I'm about 20% BF and I've been fasting for 36 hours now hoping for a 3 week fast. Is this an overkill or will I reach about 12% BF within April? I have some cravings for food but I know that's because I'm craving carbs and sugar and not actually hungry so I'm doing a good job at not quoting.

Quitting*

Who the fuck cares

GET LEAN

It depends how big you are and how much you are exercising. You will lose between 0.5-1.5 lbs per day depending if you're a man or woman and how big you are. Exercise will increase this obviously. Calculate what weight you need to be for you to be 12% bodyfat.

The snake diet guy recommends I mix my snake juice up with evian water, but shit's super expensive compared to tap. Is there a cheaper alternative that still has similar benefits?

I haven't eaten in so long guys I miss food please h-hold me ;_;

are there any alternatives to the nosalt? in spaghettilang we don't have that

how long?
yes. I bought water tester and now im buying water that costs like 0,50e

27 days, I want boiled chicken

Any salt that has KCl is fine. Northern Europe has PanSalt.

shiieeeeeeeeet

how long are you planning on going for? what's your progress/goal weight look like?

Sorry but it's hard to imagine you aren't all skeleton mode. Are you all lifting as well as fasting >1 day at a time? I see the sticky the article: SIXTEEN / EIGHT Intermittent fast can maintain muscle mass, but 3 days of no eating and your body will turn on the muscle for food.