How did humans get fit before the invention of sets/reps and calories/protein?

How did humans get fit before the invention of sets/reps and calories/protein?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IqNlXuOlzew
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_of_Croton
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Semen increases test

>before the invention of calories/protein
The fuck?

some ancient greeks worked out in gyms
lifting heavy stones, wrestling, spear throwing, doing cardio, gymnastic etc

By bringing home the bread.

Consistency is way more important than your actual routine. If you spend more time on Veeky Forums than you do working out, you're being outdone by a curlbro who just works out randomly with whatever feels good brah

Because early humans were intuitive and knew their shit from years of experience, not like soyboys today who do everything based off pre-set boundaries and flamboyant fad diets.

They ate what humans where evolved to eat (natural healthy food) and did physical work to support themselves rather than sit down jobs

no sedentary lifestyle + in some areas people had more acces to food than in others

so much this
my dad is doing a total meme routine, not effective at all, from some magazine
but he does the workout 2 times per week without fail
even in holidays and if he's sick
and he can bench 1 plate and he's happy with it and is mostly just maintaining strength as he's hitting 60 soon

Waking up at 4 AM and working in the field until 6 PM.

You must have shit genetics to no get gains from that.

If their survival required physical labor (which was almost always the case) they were fit. If it didn't, they weren't.

Willful, conscious exercise for the purpose of developing health and physique is a fairly modern invention.

>They ate what humans where evolved to eat (natural healthy food)
Wrong
>and did physical work to support themselves rather than sit down jobs
Correct. They didn't need super scientific, regimented diet and exercise because they were basically always exercising.

Well let's see;
>10x more physically active since no cars, no tv/internet/vidya etc...
>everything they ate was prime organic with plenty of wild game meat, which is the best source of proteins

You had to lift everyday and do cardio everyday just to survive and provide for your family

They hardly sat. Or else they'll starve.

>everything they ate was prime organic with plenty of wild game meat, which is the best source of proteins
Is this a fucking joke

Even if they still had carbs and fat it wasn't the processed versions that's giving everyone obesity today, most people where pretty much eating the medditeranian diet

>10x more physically active since no cars,

This shit is not a joke. I moved from a city where I drove everywhere to a city where I always walked or took the subway, and I lost two inches from my waistline while the rest of my activity remained stagnant.

But I thought muscles need rest to grow?

What is sleep

not enough rest

BABY DON'T HURT ME

1. Training consistently and listening to your body
2. Eating real healthy food and not trying to cram as much bullshit into your diet as possible because it fits your macros
3. Genetics

Easy

By working labor jobs like men should

These are just shitposting threads, right? God I hope people on this board aren’t really this dumb.

I still have to walk to work and lift shit all day just to be able to buy food to eat and it keeps me in great shape even if I don't go to the gym

Its like getting paid to workout

onion based diet

>maybe if i pickup this heavy thing a bunch, i could pickup even heavier things
invention of weight lifting
>maybe if i can't lift the heavier thing, i could just lift this lighter thing a bunch of times
invention of reps
>maybe if i take a break for a bit, i can keep lifting the heavy thing more
invention of sets
>boy im tired after all that. im hungry!
unknowingly getting calories and protein

/thread

war, sex, hunting, sailing

Someone post the copy pasta about the Greeks working out and fucking ass

Le enlightened frequenter of reddit

So they grow at a much slower rate, but they still do

Ok soy boy

Post body

That's some 21st century brilliance. Nobody could have figured that out in the past!

So eating lots of seamen?

Scoops

rofl

Are talking about the vikings who ate cum?

hard work you fucking idiot

Socrates was not only ripped, he was FUCKING ripped. Pretty much every Greek Philosopher, poet, tragedian, and so on would have been, because they were all adult male citizens, and either had to fight in the army or row in the fleet.

People underestimate the level of physical exertion these things required. These guys worked out EVERY day. They worked out so much that they actually liked working out. They lived to work out.

Their entire leisure time was composed of:

-working out
-getting gay over how hot their bods were in the balmy mediterranean sun.

The first ten fucking pages in Plato’s FIRST dialogue have Socrates lusting over a teenager’s sweaty, manly pecs through his toga. Socrates likens himself to a lion that is about to gobble up its prey. He can barely control himself.

That is how the Western Philosophical tradition starts: Homoerotic lust for ripped abs.

When Alcibiades the manliest man in history bursts into the famous drinking party at which guests are discussing the urbane topic of love, asks Socrates why he never fucked him in the ass when they cuddled.

That dialogue ends with Socrates going to the gymnasium and working out.

It is understandable that modern historians, coming from a society of flabby, skinnyfat wimps are unable to compregend the sheer manliness of Athens. Socrates saved Alciabides in a hoplite battle in the Peloponnesian War.

Aeschylus, the tragic poet fought at the battle of Marathon.

All of them worked out and fucked ass, at every moment they weren’t inventing Westerncivilization.

sucking dick, eating pussy, and kicking ass
youtube.com/watch?v=IqNlXuOlzew

Post body

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_of_Croton

>Milo of Croton (/ˈmaJloʊ/; Greek: Μίλων, Mílōn; gen.: Μίλωνος, Mílōnos) was a 6th-century BC wrestler from the Magna Graecian city of Croton, who enjoyed a brilliant wrestling career and won many victories in the most important athletic festivals of ancient Greece.[1][2][3]

>Anecdotes about Milo's almost superhuman strength and lifestyle abound. His daily diet allegedly consisted of 9 kg (20 lbs) of meat, 9 kg (20 lbs) of bread, and 10 litres (18 pt) of wine.[3] Pliny the Elder (XXXVII, 54 = 144) and Solinus (De mirabilibus mundi, 77) both attribute Milo's invincibility in competition to the wrestler's consumption of alectoriae, the gizzard stones of roosters.[2][12] Legends say he carried his own bronze statue to its place at Olympia, and once carried a four-year-old bull on his shoulders before slaughtering, roasting, and devouring it in one day.[2][3] He was said to have achieved the feat of lifting the bull by starting in childhood, lifting and carrying a newborn calf and repeating the feat daily as it grew to maturity.[13][14]

>Before the invention of sets/reps and calories/protein
Nigga you know we always knew about this stuff but we just formalised it?

That's some life model shit right there

what is sunday?

>we always knew about this

[Citation needed]

Should I do Starting Sodomy? Will I get good gains?