Why do you have to use minoxidil for life if you have fin and fin is supposed to eliminate further hair loss...

Why do you have to use minoxidil for life if you have fin and fin is supposed to eliminate further hair loss, but apparently does not keep the hair gains from minoxidil?

Because minoxidil only treats the symptoms and not the cause like finasteride does. Minoxidil is like necromancy magic that artificially raises dead hairs back from the afterlife.youre better off with finasteride + hair transplant, so the hair is actually yours.

Because Minoxidil keeps your hair at the growing stage, and once you stop taking it it directly goes to the shedding stage and that's where you have hairloss.

just wear a hair system for 10 years until they figure out the cure for baldness

Minoxidil is overrated and only works for regrowth for a few years before it becomes ineffective, as in the regrowth gets over taken by the balding progression. Most of what you gain will be lost if you stop using it.

Finasteride effects the root cause of hairloss, almost stopping it in the majority of people, along side regrowing hair, but studies have shown there's still a small loss of hair on average over time. You can use other regrowth treatments to help prevent this or you can accept that you may still lose hair over the next few decades, even if things seem stable on Fin.

You'll still slightly thin after around 15 years on finasteride because it inhibits about 85% of DHT in your blood. Dutasteride is not (((FDA))) approved yet, But it theoretically inhibits 100% of DHT production at the cost of slightly higher chance of sides. If you're losing hair after dutasteride then you don't have MPB and have another form of alopecia.

Finasteride should be fine for people starting because there's shit tons of hairloss projects right now and I'd be flabbergasted if there were no cure in 15 years

Anyone here use RU58841?

>eyebrows and eyelashes gains from Minoxidil
Feels good man

Heard about it. Isn't it localised finasteride so you don't have to hormonally fuck yourself up?

I wish I could use it on my mustache but it dries the fuck out of my skin like nothing else.

Assuming Dutasteride is effective in the person, I agree, but I want to point out there's other things that seemingly block enough DHT topically or heal the follicles enough that, alongside Finasteride, should completely halt hair loss over the long term in most people.

Finasteride, on average, stops the damage to the point where you just slowly lose hair, but in some people, it stops the damage to the point where they still won't lose hair over time. It's not necessarily the levels of DHT in their system but how sensitive they were in the first place.

KCZ shampoo, for example, decreases the sebaceous glands area in most people, even after years of use. As increasing sebaceous glands area is the result of damage from hairloss, one can assume that KCZ is actually stopping the follicles from being damaged. I bet dermarolling would also help the follicles out enough that most people on Fin wouldn't lose hair.

Don't bother. It's less effective than Finasteride and much more expensive. It hasn't been studied long term so it could be worse for you than any possible side effect from Fin.

Minoxidil decreases collagen production. Don't use it on your face unless you want to look older. Another reason why it's overrated.

>job requires me to wear awkward head protection
>after six months I realize my hair has started thinning substantially
Is this reversible with fina?

Here's the Fin chart showing hair count over time.

While you take Minoxidil, the follicle generally is still being damaged but the drug makes the growth period of your hair longer so you should have some regrowth in balding areas. It's almost like the illusion of growth because if you stop taking it, you will be at the point of if you never took it to begin with. You only bought yourself some time providing you take it for the rest of your life, and the vast majority of people think it's too time consuming and quit at one point. It is not a stand alone treatment.

Maybe, but your hair likely isn't thinning because of the head protection unless it's something other than male pattern baldness. Probably unrelated.

And here is the chart for Minoxdil. You can see, it's still treading downwards even with the new regrowth. Treatment was stopped at 96 weeks and the hair goes to the point where it would have been without any Minoxdil use.

i heard some user takes fin once per week and it's enough to stop hairloss anyone can confirm this?

It differs by person. Hell, I've been taking fin once daily for about a year now and my hair looks shittier than ever.

It may if your hair loss isn't that aggressive but it's probably not good for your DHT levels to be jumping up in down. If you're worried about the cost, you only need small dose to drastically lower your DHT levels. You can dissolve a pill in ethanol and take a fraction of it each day. A single pill could last a month. This chart is a single dose. Anything dose that lowers DHT even slightly will build up over time. .03mg per day is probably the lowest effective dose, if I remember correctly.

I'm off for now, I'll answer any more replies tomorrow if the thread is still up.

I had this problem and switched brands.
This new one seems to work better and less sides.

>switched brands
Motherfucker.
I've been under the suspicion that my pills my pharmacy was giving me weren't working for a while, because I have a twin brother who's been doing fine on finaesteride while I've been losing.
Why didn't I think of this?

thanks user

Because you're a silly willy