QTDDTOT

what's better for chest, pec fly machine or high, mid and low cables?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GIX-RyorgkQ&ved=0ahUKEwiTjMv07t7ZAhVLkiwKHccAB4YQwqsBCCowAA&usg=AOvVaw1guoaBwdHLa-uKfvCE56QI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>machines

Do all

everything works for chest except benchpress

what's wrong with doing isolation chest exercise on a machine when i'm done doing all my compound lifts?

explain

benchpress is a meme its like 70% shoulder 30% chest and it wont give any stretch either

I got 0 benefits from cable flyes. Maybe I use too much momentum. I even tried lowering the weight. Pec fly machine however get me better chest gains than anything else . truly revolutionary user

If i ss without gomad can i still gain strength?

I'm at 1/2/2.5/3.5 now and looking to cut because I hate looking fluffy. What routine would you guys recommend? I don't want to lose muscle. Started with ppl 8 months ago, now on phat
I just want to cut back down to 12% body fat, nothing excessive
Pls reply

only if you never work back enough to be able to pull your shoulder blades down and behind you brainlet. learn to bench

2 questions:

1). if I do 3pl8 hacksquats, is that equivelent to 3pl8 barbell squats?

I realize they're completely different exercises, but they're both mainly utilizing the quads correct?

2). Is a 2pl8 Landmine Press the same as a 2pl8 Barbell Bench Press because of the angle?

Or is it more like a 1pl8 BP since you only put the weights on one side of the barbell?

He's right, man. Bench is shit for chest. Stop defending dogma. Just google "bencher's chest", it's a thing and it's well-known.

low to high cable wood chops are pretty good. Use it at the end of your chest workout.

I'm a late novice/eary intermediate. Can I do this but with always 5x5 (1x5 for deadlifts) on the main lifts for a while? I don't want to wait 3 weeks to see progress

>that research paper quotation

google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GIX-RyorgkQ&ved=0ahUKEwiTjMv07t7ZAhVLkiwKHccAB4YQwqsBCCowAA&usg=AOvVaw1guoaBwdHLa-uKfvCE56QI

kek

Pushups.

GET DOWN AND GIVE ME 60!!!

why would you cut before you hit 1/2/3/4?

honestly curious

no and no
use your brain

you wanna explain that a little further bud?

How long should I wait to lift if I sprained my wrist snowboarding? Is there something I can do in the meantime if I gotta take a break.

The picture doesn't really specify how exactly you're supposed to progress, but I'm assuming that those sets of 5, 3 and 1 respectively are meant to be somewhat challenging. That means that when going from doing sets of 5 on week 1 to sets of 3 on week 2, you can still see progress.

For example, personally I can usually lift an extra 5 kg on the bench press if I drop off 2 reps. That means that if I go from doing 5x 100 kg to 3x 107.5 kg then I've actually gotten stronger because otherwise I'd only be handling 105 kg. Get it?

I'm not familiar with this particular program, but it looks like the weekly undulating rep scheme serves to wave the weekly workload up and down. This is part of what makes a program work, so you don't want to mess with that.

Ideally you will want to start loading that wrist up sooner rather than later, as doing so normally leads to faster recovery. But you're obviously not supposed to directly aggravate the pain so it's kind of a balancing act. You may find that you can't perform many of the exercises you usually do. Then be creative and do other shit.

Staying active nearly always beats resting.

Help. i got a killer rash from cardio between thighs

I need to excercise and don’t want to walk anywhere even with talc its painful,

What can I do to burn calories without moving legs and no equipment?

Do you guys have any good routines for shoulder recovery? I'm talking like post-surgery type shit. I had a stabilisation after some labrum tears and I'd love to be active with it again.

Is 4x a week viable?
2 days heavy pushing and pulling/legs.
2 days light pushing and pulling/legs.

Also help with this Asian roastie. I want sum asian smash.

I'm doing circuit training with some friends 3-4 times a week and find I'm too tired to lift more than 2-3 times a week. Am I just being soft?

don't get hung up on the opener, just say something fun. I legit started once with "hey wanna commit a double suicide?" and she thought it was funny.

I went to see what my tdee is and it said my basal metabolic rate is 2,095 cals and for sedentary it's 2,514.
So if i want to do a cut and lose minimal muscle mass i should cut at 500 cals below sedentary, right? So cut at 2,000 cals a day? What would happen if I cut at 500 below basal? If i cut at 1,500 cals a day would I lose more muscle mass?

>cutting, lost ~7kg so far
>been on SL for a month + 1 week
>lifts steadily increasing

>hit major stall across all lifts
>been tracking calories pretty carefully
>sleep has been alright I guess
>only explanation I can think of is that I'm stalling this early due to my cut

basically, will cutting keep fucking with my strength gains? How can I continue gaining strength or at least maintain my strength for the rest of my cut?

that makes sense, thanks

What’s your goal? Do you eat and sleep enough?

Deload, eat a bit more if you have to

>look good with a pump
>Look shit without one

Does the natty ride ever end?

Cutting atm. Food is a bit below maintenance, sleep is a bit less than normal and thought that might be why I was feeling off, but it never mattered before starting circuit training.

Try a bit less, might be your cns doesn’t get enough rest. Zma for sleep.

>What would happen if I cut at 500 below basal?
What would happen is that you would shit all over what's recommended by people who know what they're talking about and doing something completely random instead. Does that sound like a recipe for success?

current /fat/ty here (but been losing). i just got a job with 45/50lb lifting constantly, how quick will the noob gains come?

What is a good triceps exercise?

whens the best time ti take zinc supplements? before i go to bed? or after i wake up?

Acquired these Monster Fatburner pills the other day, they contain
>50 mg ephedrine
>250 mg caffeine
>150 mg aspirin
>50 mg 1,3 dmaa

I've been taking one pill as PWO so far, and I'm honestly feeling the energy and heat. The bottle suggests taking 1-2 pills a day, while I'm just wondering if the second pill would be pure overkill, or if it's still a plausible thing to do?

how the fuck are you positioning yourself to where you’re using 70% shoulders, are you some kind of fucking anotomical freak?

I take neuroleptics for schizofrenia. I'm tall so from the calorie a day. But I'm pretty sure I eat much less than that. Why am I not losing weight? Are the neuroleptics responsible?

>I'm tall so from the calorie a day
Something went wrong. It should have been:
>I'm tall so from the calorie calculator I need to eat 3160 calories a day.

Would it be fine to do push-ups and pullups (weighted + volume work) everyday?
I used to just alternate them (push/pull/push/pull etc) but I've read that they don't tax your body as much as heavy BB exercises and you can do them daily.
I'm on a quest to find out how much gains can I get with only pullups and pushups (and dips I guess)

My left shoulder always feel like it's very unstable and might dislocate. I prefer cardio so only do some basic dumbbell and pushup shit that seems to aggravate it. My pushup form is quite good I think, and I make effort to not splay my arms out. Just curious about what could be causing the problem?

You'd have to be pretty fucking massive and be doing heavy cardio to burn 3000+ a day.

Whats 1/2/3/4 and how much does 1 plate weight in kg?
If youre feeling sore how much should you rest? Think i bench pressed right for the first time and was sore for 3-4 days didnt even hit the gym.
Also what exactly does cardio do? Just makes you spend energy so your daily calories balance goes down? Assuming im 18 5ft8 and still looking to grow could this hinder my height growth since i dont get enough calories in?

60 kg ohp
100 kg bench
140 kg squat
180 kg deadlift
all for 5 reps
>If youre feeling sore how much should you rest?
don't trust your feelings and do what your routine says
>Also what exactly does cardio do?
read the sticky; also it makes your heart stronger so theres more blood in your muscles so you can lift more
>Assuming im 18 5ft8 and still looking to grow could this hinder my height growth since i dont get enough calories in?
no. Also you could just eat more

I have tendonitis in both shoulders. My labrum isn't the best either

check out scoobys beginner routine

lying triceps extensions, seated t. e., dips, cgbp

holy shit this doesn't matter

started going to the gym 2 weeks ago still got a long way to go apparently.. 1/2/3/4 is achieved when youre at like intermediate level? serious lifter? or what

Sounds like either your traps are too tight or you have no lats/back muscles

Yep that sounds like it. I was doing shitty pushup form for several months when this started.

no it's a meme. Enter the lifts at symmetricstrength.com and you'll see it's completely unbalanced

Does the testboost from 7days nofap go back to normal test level on day 8+?

it varies a lot from person to person

I've started waking up 3 or 4 times each night for no reason. I fall back asleep pretty quick, but I'm worried I'm not getting into a deep sleep state because of it.

I don't wake up itchy, short of breath, or in pain, so I don't know what's causing it. What the fuck's going on?

how long do you sleep?
google how to improve your sleep. If that doesn't help see a doctor

do you feel tired throughout the day because of it?

tl;dw? (honestly, im listening to music and couldn't be bothered to listen to mans beat around the bush for 4 mins before he gets to the point)

Tha's what the calculator states. I'm 26 years old, 6.4 feet tall, 270 pounds and do little exercise..

I'm sorry

Burpees

So if im getting stronger while cutting and losing weight, im not losing any muscle right? Its a dumb question but i dont give a shit

that's correct, muscle loss will be minimal

What's a normal day like for a Veeky Forums person?

Do you work out before or after work?

Can someone recommend me an adjustable bench for dumbbell exercises at home. Also tell me to shave my head the /hairline/ thread is dead.

Not so much after deadlifting but after squatting my lower back feels all sorts of fucked up and I’m sure my form is solid (feet planted a little wider than shoulder width apart, knees not going inverted, back as straight as possible without leaning forward). I am moving to doing just high reps like 8-12 instead of doing my usual 3-5 reps, so could that be a factor? I have been slacking on the gym lately the past couple months so I’m going back into it hard as well.

1. shave your head
2. cut 5-10 kg fat
3. start training neck you look like shit
4. lean bulk after cut
5. not gonna answer your question

I started working out by doing push-ups and squats and the like while waiting for my online games to start, recently I got into the gym but now when I'm playing I feel awkward for not working out.

How bad would it be if I do some light excercise (5 to 10 push-ups/squats every hour) in adition to my normal routine? I work out 3 days a week and trying to gain weight.

Is there any point at all in bulking past 20%BF?
I started lifting 1 year and a half ago, weighed 87kgs, 18-20%BF at 6'7/198cm, right now I'm at 104kgs 22-23%BF. Wondering if I should just go ham on training and food and worry about cutting later (maybe once I weigh 110-115kgs) or cut right now and start bulking again from lower bodyfat?

Roger that thanks

lean bulking for some months, doing 50/25/25 on macros(carbs/fat(protein)

want to start cutting and will go down to like 40/25/35 or maybe 40/30/30 or even 45/25/30

do higher carbs = more fulness when cutting?

I have trouble getting 50% carbs even when lean bulking I usually end up in the 40s range and sometimes high fat so lower carbs arent a prob for me but if I eat more of them I can look more full then I guess I can stack on potatoes

Oh if I need to shave my head bc of balding, can I just buzz it shorter or am I supposed to be 100% bald now

Can't lift the empty barbell bar what do?

There’s a girls barbell that weighs 10 lbs less otherwise stick to dumbbells until you get stronger.

is my workout balanced? have ready a million dif stickies and i am so confused right now.

Bench Press
Lat Pull Down
Shoulder Press
Row (cable)
Rear Delt machine
Lateral Flies w dumbells

Squats
Calf Raises
---OR---
Leg Extension
Leg Curl
Calf Raises

Triceps (extensions) Dumbells
Biceps Curl Bar

explain this you disgusting animals

How do I deal with a girl who has a reputation for leading guys on? I have a feeling that she gets off on cock -teasing me. I know i should really just drop her, but shes gorgeous.

>Doing gslp
>All my lifts have stalled
>But still weak as shit
What do? Do I just need to eat more, or is my form also potentially holding me back?

What can a brainlet add to this for max mental gains?

I keep stalling on Gslp despite deloading twice. What is a good followup Routine if I don't want to work out more than 4 days per week?

Either no janitors or they're not doing their job

Is it too redundant to have RDLs and good mornings in the same routine?

best way to fix imbalances? using upper lower split, hopping on 4day chest back legs shoulder+arm.

how much maca root powder per day? Im doing 10g
already have a good sex drive but I want to expand it even further, I used to fuck 3x day and still be horny and I miss that

What can I do to put more back/lat work on Coolcicada's PPl routine

fuck off back to plebbit

Hair grows back. Shave it and see what happens.

How do you deal with counting calories at college? My dining hall gives macros but all the serving sizes are in grams for some reason. I've just been guessing/googling macros but I haven't been losing weight as much as I'd like to. Is there any way around this or will I have to put up with it.

>also home for spring break
>everyone sending me back with sweets and cookies
>too nice/autistic to ask for something else
Is it retarded to give them away or should I man up and say I don't want them

>tdee supposed to be around 2000kcals
>eat 2300kcals
>lose weight
>177cm and 69.3kg at around 12-13%bf TOPS
>all I do is just lift 5x week, ULxPPL

how the fuck, I count even the garlic, aspargus, oil and all that, even went high fat and carb that day

A workout plan isn't just a list of exercises. What volumes? Rep and set schemes? What frequency?

If you're a rank noob you probably don't need to isolate your shoulders, but someone will be around shortly to call me a retard for that. Otherwise those exercises find the standard bill of a decent beginners programme, probs better stick with squats over machines and add in deads. Also never too early to do core work: hypers and weighted crunches should work for now.

>My dining hall gives macros but all the serving sizes are in grams for some reason.
So? That's fucking ideal, are you too retarded to remember that 1g of carbs/proteins has about 4kcal and 1g of fat about 9kcal?

Either your tdee and intake calculations are off or you have beaten thermodynamics.

I'm obese and need to lose some weighit fast. I've started counting calories and eat spirulina to inhibit hunger but it's quite expensive, just not for my budget. What are some good and cheap products (favoring pills) to stop hunger?

>systolic bp is always around 120
>pulse is around 75
>but diastolic bp is about 60
what could be behind this and how fucked am i?

Willpower. Stomach shrinking is a real thing, the hunger will get a lot more tolerable after a while. Also limit your simple carbs intake as much as you can tolerate without feeling miserable - it helps a lot too; cutting carbs completely helps even more with hunger - but good look training consistently on a low carb diet.

Yeah I'm good for now because I've started. I worry I will fall apart after a few weeks.
But the health problems are a big push into losing weight.