Snap City is avoidable

Since snap city threads are the new mainstream now:
DON'T DO THE BIG 3.

They will hurt you and injure you as soon as you push any meaningful weight, maybe even before. Are you a competitive pwoerlifter? No? Then don't do them. And don't max out either.

Alternatives:
>Bench
Weighted push ups
Dips
Single Bar Dips
Landmine
Flyes and similar movements
Floor press
PULLOVERS

>Squat
Step ups
Split Squats
Lunges
Hill sprints
Depth jumps
Leg press

>Deadlift
Hyperextensions
Weighted back extensions
Reverse hyperextensions
Heavy rows
Power Cleans

heavy rows with a weak lower back will fuck you up quickly

And diddlys with a weak lower back will also fuck you up.

but progressing heavier on diddlys builds your lower back simultaneously but rowing doesnt

>power cleans as a safe alternative to deadlifting
>not deadlifting because hes not a power lifter, but doing power cleans when hes not a weight lifter
Its basically a deadlift but with swinging the wieght arround.
Its also a performance lift so shit for building muscle.

NO, DL will build your hams and butt mainly. It's a leg exercise, not a lower back exercise.

>Its basically a deadlift but with swinging the wieght arround.
Found the SS victim.

While I agree with the rest you said, cleans are good for hamstring development.

Maybe learn the proper form for the lifts and don't try to do a 10% PR every single week on them (not counting noob gains). DL is probably the absolute best single lift for general health and well being if you don't fuck it up.

>Maybe learn the proper form for the lifts and don't try to do a 10% PR every single week on them (not counting noob gains). DL is probably the absolute best single lift for general health and well being if you don't fuck it up.
Completely and objectively as wrong as you can be.

>leg press
>avoiding snap city
pick one

wat? DLs are great for spinal erectors

Or you know, ask any respected authority on strength and conditioning and have them tell you the same thing. Or take the advice of some nigger on a Laotian spearfishing forum. Hard fucking call mate.

>B-bu-but if you utilize proper technique there is minimal risk

HOW TO GET HURT

Basically injuries occur when you're subjected to loads that you're not conditioned to handle.
LOAD here is defined as the total amount of work you do (volume x intensity) as well as how tough it is (rate of perceived exertion).

You can experience a single event of a massive fucking load, which will result in immediate structural damage, as the capacity of your tissues is exceeded. This is called an overload injury.

You can also experience a so-called overuse injury as a result of a series of accumulated loads that are either slightly above your tissue capacity, or if there are simply too much and you recover too little. These are the kinds of pains that sneak up on you.

Overuse injuries are much more common than overload injuries, and overload injuries oftentimes have an overuse component, meaning that your body has needed a deload for a while, but you ignored this and now it slaps you right in the face.

Now, how BADLY you get injured depends on how big this load is compared to your individual capacity (and sometimes just poor luck). If you can deadlift 315 with good form and you're pretty well recovered, you're quite unlikely to snap your shit up trying to pull 320. If you've really been pushing the envelope and need a deload, lifting even half your max CAN hurt you (won't necessarily).

Certain factors influence how well you can tolerance load. For example your lifting technique can help distribute the load better, so you can handle more of it.
If you're stressed as fuck or tired, this makes you tolerate less load.

This is what SCIENCE says about how injuries happen. If you want to learn more, look up research by Tim Gabbett.

It's not the exercise that hurts you. It's how YOU choose to approach the exercise. Any exercise can be potentially harmful, and any can be safe. Yes, too much stress (load) can hurt you, but at the same time, stress (load) is exactly what we need to become stronger and more injury resilient. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE DOSE.

>telling them

come on man we are having fun over here

This is my problem right now. How to strengthen lower back?

>snapping your shit on bench
Literally fucking how

People tend to tear up their shoulders benching. Usually it's poor scapular control and/or too much elbow flare but a lot of proficient benchers have busted shoulders despite their technique.

Pretty insightful thanks mate

Just because you got injured with your shitty form doesn't mean that somebody with good form will be injured.

I used to laught at statements like these but once I got my BP to 100 kg my shoulder begun to hurt and its been 6 months now and its not fully recovered.

lel. kys yourself you giant gaping vagina

nice digits

Since everyone seems to be ignoring it, what's up with this dude's abs? Presumably roids, but that bubble looks more like a tumor.

kek

i bet you're the indian manlet from my gym

Check'd n Correct

>don’t do bench to prevent injury
>recommends dips
retard alert

SHUT THE FUCK UP FAGGOT. I'm starting SL, dont discourage me

Weakling detected

Are we seriously not going to talk about this guy's bloody tumor

Nice post user, thanks for the scientific explanation.

Second. Too high to be a hernia. SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION!

gr8 b8

Name one who isn't fucking nigh crippled or coaches people who are nigh crippled.

I'll wait.

Glute Ham Raises and bridges

Are you kidding? Dips are fine and less injury prone than bench. It's dumbasses who try to dip too much weight and destroy their shoulders

Thank you for this good post

Don't bench alone, don't deadlift without a belt, don't squat.

post pic fag

Great thread

i think we can include front squats on this list. you arent gonna snap your shit up and if you fail a rep you can drop it

kek, it took over 20 posts for someone to mention it

that is impressive

>Snap City is avoidable
>do dips guys
hahahahahahhaha no

If you don't squat and deadlift, you are a pussy, end of.

Just because you're shit at them doesn't make them bad for you lmao

its not about how much you life its about how good you look

As long as I lift more than anybody who says this.

The digits have spoken, this thread is retarded and over.

sorry I don't like showing off and squeezing my ass in front of other men, fag

I lift heavy and got a hernia from doing crunches.

you can injure yourself with any lift

ignore the OP

I somewhat agree.

I've replaced back squats with front squats because you can't ego lift with them.
I've under-trained chest while focusing on OHP. I'll look like a greek statue because of it too if I manage my cut.
I don't deadlift but do RDL.

I also do high rep sets instead of powerlifting.

Go do aerobics faggot

whats wrong with his tummy

I think it's a hernia

This. Bit of his organs is sticking out of a hole in his stomach wall.

Ouch!

>Alternatives:
>>Bench
Bench with less weight and for more reps

>>Squat
Squat with less weight and for more reps

>>Deadlift
Hyperextensions, you don't do light fucking deadlifts

This is the most retarded thread on Veeky Forums right now, congratulations! I either assume this is an elaborate bait to bring total noobs to snap city, or you're an idiot.
About 3/4 of the "alternatives" you propose are more taxing on joints (explosive motions like in the depth jumps and similar plyometrics, hill sprints, depth jumps), or plain harmful for your lumbar region (hyperextension, reverse hyperextension) or not comparable at all (everything under "Deadlift", leg press) or slightly more dangerous (dips, flyes, "heavy" rows)
Here's your (You), fuck off

>tfw erector spinae strain

can confirm :(

>HOW TO GET HURT
don't worry user I got it

nigga that's like the number one way people tear their rotary cuff.

thanks for clarifying

It's a belly button hernia. You can get a hernia anywhere on the abdominal wall.

>not having an extra ab

never gonna make it lad