Is this true?

Is this true?
With added tuna and GOMAD is this the ultimate bulking diet?

Other urls found in this thread:

straightdope.com/columns/read/2828/could-i-survive-on-nothing-but-potatoes-and-milk/
amazon.de/dp/3038009040/
youtube.com/watch?v=z3amxDnuVnk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I always found potatoes extremely filling. Awful stuff for bulking.

most essential nutrients are found in potatoes. potatoes have large amounts of all nutrients except for vitamin A and B12. Technically butter contains A and B12 but in small amounts, there are far better sources than butter, such as sea food (shellfish and oceanic fish especially), organ meats (esp. liver), meats (esp. red meat), and dairy (milk and cheese have much more B12 than butter, as B12 is water soluble and butter is mostly fat. Vitamin A is fat soluble so butter has larger amounts per calorie as milk and cheese.)

so yeah, any of those foods would be more nutritious than butter, but that image is clearly meant to apply to fat americans who love greasy potatoes.

personally I find mashed potatoes much tastier than buttery potatoes, and replacing butter with milk significantly increases nutrition, notably in terms of protein, and water soluble vitamins and minerals.

Thanks, bulking will be cheap this year

I assumed the butter was just for dietary fat... which potatoes won't provide.

Neither potatoes nor butter contain large amounts of protein.

>starch
>insulin resistance

almost.
straightdope.com/columns/read/2828/could-i-survive-on-nothing-but-potatoes-and-milk/

>he fell for the protein meme

Just stick to potatoes.
t. Irishman

Too much carbs. I feel tired when I eat a lot of carbs

No protein, no gains.

Potatoes are great once you've filled up your protein quota.
They're the carb replacement for pasta, rice, quinoa, maize, or whatever your staple food is.

yes but u can easily double or triple the calories.

1 potatoe (125g)
1tbsp butter 100 cal
1tbsp sour cream 125 cal

325 cal per potatoe and u get vitamin c and a.

600g potatoes gives 100g carb. 150g rice gives 100g carb

Because you don't do enough. It's energy, and you're telling me energy makes you tired? You're just either bored or lazy you dumb fucking twat

you never got tired after a meal?

That picture is right.
But that fucking idiot forgot to mention that you need to eat the skin as well.

Immediately after a meal is normal. But if you don't use that energy shortly afterwards, of course you'll stay tired.

You know its bullshit right ?
Every dietician will tell you its not true and if he says it is then hes a moron with no education or online degree.

not dying because you are getting the bare minimum nutrition is very different to being healthy and making optimal gains

That's why op said he would add tuna and milk. The bare minimum of protein to survive is very low.

I thought this was only the case for apples and carrots

Can you tell us why it is not true and why some people do get really fucking tired after big meals?

because they eat fat, you retard. Digesting fat takes a lot of time so they get tired while digesting it.

No, most of the nutrients are right beneath and in the skin.
There is a WW2 book that talks about how to use every single part of the potato and get maximum nutrition from it.

But I'll be damned if I can remember the name of it.

this

Sorry but that is wrong.

I know a cookbook that contains a recipe for potato peels. They are used in a soup.
Sadly, the book is only available in German: amazon.de/dp/3038009040/
The book was also mentioned in a TV report: youtube.com/watch?v=z3amxDnuVnk