Meditation sounds solid

meditation sounds solid
but on the other hand, there are a thousand fucking roasties doing this shit and they also believe in meme nutrition, so it makes me very skeptical
is it a meme or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

frankzane.com/frank-zanes-mind-muscle-meditation-machine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>there are a thousand fucking roasties doing this shit
most of the ones who say they meditate just say it for attention
most of the ones who actually attempt to meditate are doing it wrong

frankzane.com/frank-zanes-mind-muscle-meditation-machine/

roasties also eat, and breath, and go to the gym.

think for yourself, nigger.

meditation is great to reduce stress
stress kills gainz
meditation is good for gainz

if you are curious just try it. it will not harm you.

There's plenty of scientific papers on meditation, both focused attention and open minded meditation. They both work as a way to improve cognition and reduce stress

k, so if i want to start, what kind do i do and for how long per day?

>grow, grow, grow

do meditation if you want for spiritual reasons, if it's just for meme relaxation reasons take a nap, serious meditation won't always relax you and may leave you more anxious than before and it may take time to work through it (as in weeks or months of hard work) so doing it for meme reasons makes no sense

if you want to do it read this book which is the best introduction i've seen, should be available in pdf on the internet

I get TMJ and Stress Migraines so I usually use meditation to unclench my face when it feels like it's full of steel plates. I get the impression a lot of people say they do meditation simply as some kind of virtue signaling.

i want to improve myself mentally, especially focus

30 - 60min a day
you can't start right away, you have to learn it. don't except great results in the first days.
just check youtube for meditation music, make yourself comfortable and let your mind drift away.
for me it helps to concentrate on my breathing to clean my mind.

It's a meme for new age faggots

I found this book to be hard to comprehend.
Instead of "do this and that, because of this and that" it is filled with metaphors and sometimes comes dangerously close to spirituality.
I think I helped myself somewhat later, by thinking of focusing and distractions as a means to train the mind muscle. Every time you bring the attention back you are training that muscle. Was it too hard for the author to say, or am I wrong? I would just like if the book was more pragmatic.

if you want to improve focus and discipline, learn to schedule, create a schedule, and stick to it and practice focus. Like force yourself to do something like you wouldn't otherwise, full focus, for 5 minutes, like reading an article, no tab switching and shit like that allowed, or do body exercises with full focus for 5 minutes, and try to increase the time or whatever. The important thing is that you start with an amount of time that you will be able to achieve, don't start with 30 minutes and then do 3 minutes with no focus. That won't help

Meditation is a different thing and using it as a meme won't do you any good, you may end up way more unfocused than before after a meditation session, and then getting back your focus would take you even more effort than before meditating. It may help improve focus, but that's on the long term and you may have to work through nasty shit before you get there, so only do meditation if what you really want to do is meditation and are willing to work through all the issues that may come up

>and sometimes comes dangerously close to spirituality.
well that's because meditation is spirituality, if you just want to work on your focus, do exercises to work on your focus, there's no need to do meditation, which may bring a lot of stuff that you aren't really looking for

OP, I take it that your argument is something along the lines of
1. Roasties do stupid things.
2. Roasties meditate.
3. Therefore, meditation is a stupid thing.
This is a very clear case of affirming the consequent. Maybe, before you start to even consider meditating, you should try and grasp the basics of logic and argumentation. Your later mindfulness gains will be much more useful if you can reason correctly about the world. Also, no OP, meditation is not a meme; It is great for stress relief, can help with some underlying psychological conditions, and can provide a mild benefit to cognitive abilities.

What normies and roasties mean when they say they meditate is they sit there and practice breathing for 5 minutes, then just sit around thinking about how bad they wanna use their phone for 15. Roasties especially are extremely good at following directions and completing repetitive tasks even if nothing good comes of it, just because they're told to do it.

It's solid regardless. Pursue it.

just try it, you will see how hard it is at first. Meditation has been dragged through the mud by normies with their "ummmmmm" bullshit, do actual meditation

Meditation is probably the best habit you can build

Yup only men can truly meditate

Im loving the blackpill here lately.

Love to the Brotherhood.

For the brotherhood

Hard to say. There are too many different forms of meditations and methods for getting into the "correct state".

I think it's probably one of those things where different people get different things out of it. But here are my experiences.

Many, many years ago I used to meditate several times per day. Except I didn't call it meditating or even consider myself doing anything specific. I just sat very still with a blank mind for 5-10 minutes at a time throughout the day in between tasks... If I had came home from the gym and had an extra hour before I had to get ready for work. I'd sit with no sound and just clear my mind for 10 minutes as a kind of brain "reset". It helped me a lot and I loved it... Bare in mind that at the same time I called bullshit whenever I seen meditation on TV or someone talked about it. Without knowing that I was kind of doing it every day lol.

I eventually stopped doing that naturally due to moving in with a girl and losing the ability to have total silence whenever I wanted... I didn't really notice I had stopped though until I read about meditation online more recently. So I gave it a try again.

But this time it wasn't as easy as just sitting there. Maybe because I had a specific goal in mind and I as TRYING to do something. I'm not even sure what.. This was a month or so ago btw. I sat and forced myself to not think of anything. Which was surprisingly hard. I felt the urge to laugh. It was so strong that I actually felt very happy about it. But I forcefully ignored it and consciously blocked out every sense I could.

After a few minutes I even managed to block out the sound of my own heartbeat and started to hear an imaginary humming sound. Probably due to how quiet everything was and the lack of thoughts. I could tell it was starting to work and that I felt extreme calm and clarity, without consciously thinking it. It was just a knowing.. if that makes sense.

Cont.

Then I hear the front door open and slam shut. I manage to block out having any thoughts about it. It was great. Knowing that I had reached such a calm state in such a short period of time.Then I hear her thumping footsteps come towards me. She must know my eyes are shut and that the tv and lights are off, but she doesn't seem to care. She turns the light on. Turns the tv on. Throws her jacket onto the couch and drops her bag onto the floor.

She exhales as loud as possible to get my attention, so I just open my eyes and attempt to smile at her.. giving up but still happy at what I had achieved.

Then she gets up and walks to the kitchen... The stench of an eggy fart that she must have been holding in all day infiltrates my senses. The first smell I have smelled in the past 30 minutes is my girlfriends fart. A fart she wouldn't dare release upon her coworkers. A fart held in for 8 hours. All for me. She doesn't even consider leaving the room before releasing the poison gas into the air. She only leaves after smelling how bad it is.

Fuck meditation and fuck bitches. Fuck cardio.

Actual meditation is ace.
Last week I met a girl who seemed pretty hip and cool, starts talking to me about meditation and how much it’s changed her life.
Ask her if she’s read any Zen and she tells me no she doesn’t even know what zen is.
So ask her how she normally practices then, and she tells me some guy who spoke to her class once taught her a breathing exercise so she does that once a day and calls it meditation
Roasties going roastie

>being mad about your gf brapping you
Get a load of this guy!!!

brraaaapppp

This.

Hearty kek!

10 mins a day. as you get better try go up to an hour gradually

My ex had serious anxiety issues. I tried to get her into meditation forever, even got her headspace to ease her into it. She finally claimed she had been doing it and it was really helping her. Turns out she was just listening to youtube videos of a woman telling her how amazing and smart and great she is, and she didn't understand why that wasn't the same thing.

WHAT'S HER ASS LOOK LIKE THOUGH?

>meditating to enhance dat BRRAAAPPPPP

fucking hell, no wonder she is an ex of yours now. good move

top blog

> relatable story about meditation is actually just a BRAPost