Is swimming the best exercise to built endurance and strenght at the same time?

is swimming the best exercise to built endurance and strenght at the same time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WwMxH7a892A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

yes

No, but it's pretty good for endurance

You won't get very strong and you won't look like an Olympic swimmer without PEDs

ok but what exercise is superior?

Maybe

Swimming is the white man's sport

In my opinion it's great cardio. I used to do a lot of jogging but it clashed hard with squatting, and it wasn't a lot of fun walking around feeling numb in the legs all the time.

I've only just recently started swimming myself after not having done it since I was a young teenager, and I've been improving rapidly.

The main problem with swimming is it puts too much stress on your shoulders. It's great cardio for average Joes and dyels, but if you're lifting seriously, your shoulders take a beating from heavy benchpress, OHP, dips and whatnot. You're better off resting them as much as possible and go for cardio that puts emphasis on your legs alone.

You need weights training if you want to be a good swimmer.

you need to be strong for dolphin style. it will definitly give you strenght gains when you start at noob level.

I hadn't considered this. Maybe I'll just stick to benching and cut down on the dips and the like. Thanks user.

Backstroke, butterfly, and front crawl (sometimes called freestyle, though freestyle technically means any style) are certainly a workout for the shoulders, but breaststroke focus primarily on the kick. I think you could do breaststroke day one, upper body lift day two, front crawl day three, lower body day four.

>calling it dolphin style
>expecting me to believe the rest of your post
wew

Do rowing, it's tougher than swimming. Comes with sculpted shoulders though

swimming is GOAT for endurance, but not that much for strenght, actually sucks for strenght

what if i told you weight training fucked me up when i used to be a competitive swimmer ?

to be honest, it didnt help me, just fucked my endurance up, i probably got a more explosive start but nothing else

Do professional swimmers lift too or do they get these physiques from roids alone?

>professional swimmers lift too or do they get these physiques from roids alone?

some of them do, for example michael phelps used to do weighted pull ups, but lifting alone wont make you a good swimmer, swimming is a lot about body leverages and having TOP TIER flexibility, specially being double jointed, also having a gifted lung capacity as well as many other factors, but the first one that comes to mind right now is flexibility and good posture, you will never see a good swimmer with stiff joints and bad posture, it just doesnt happen

Well at least it was pretty great for me. I was always the strongest kid since first grade with only swimming. I was allready 150lbs lean before even starting lifting at 14 yrs old. Back strength is still unparalelled among basically anybody. Could do somewhat ugly one arm chin up at 200 lbs before my first actual bulk at 17 year old. So all and all it was really great overall. Mostly it got me so much gains because my dad knew what he was doing when he was training my swimming team. It works just like with running: Sprints=gains Long distance=homosex, shoulder injuries and no gains

One arm chin up at 200 lbs with no lifting at 17 years old ?

Unless its the grabbing wrist with the other hand version i call it bullshit, otherwise you are a genetic freak

No, water polo is

The problem with swimming is that it's hard to progressive overload.
You can swim more, maybe try to go faster, but the average person will find it hard to push themselves.

>endurance
Sure
>strength
lolno. I was a swimmer for years and was always a hungry skeleton. It doesn't make you strong

>Endurance
Yes, absolutely. Your entire body is in motion, fighting against a liquid.

>Strength
Not really. Hand paddle swims are such a GOAT exercise and you get a nice pump from it, but it's not going to give you much for strength gains.

>strenght
maybe if you're swimming in tar

swimming is great cardio and can train your shoulders (and back to a degree) but all competitive swimmers obviously do resistance exercise too

I think i wrote that part a bit retartedly so let me clarify.
i somewhat started lifting 3 years before but i had little to no idea what i was doing the first 2 years. Then after some research I decided to start a specialized routine just for OAC and 4 months later i landed it(somewhat). Then i started my first actual bulk. Even the basic training and all considered it´s easily my best performance in sports. I think i should note that i´ve done chinups occasionally from kindergarden and did a lot whitewater kayaking for a few years before the OAC, so it wasn´t only the swimming but i think it played a significant role in it.

Also one thing related that really grinds my gears and makes me really despise myself.
>train for OAC for months several times a week
>finally land one rep
>drop all training and go to the beach to drink beer for all summer for reasons unknown
>lose some gains
years later at 20 yrs old
>start training OAC at 225 lbs
>repeat the same cycle
>fug

still thats good genetics there you faggot, stop browsing here and focus on pull ups

Yeah i gotta admit that i got some seriously god tier genes when it comes to sports overall, not just chinups. I did 330 as my first DL ever and hit 550 in 11 months at my 17th birthday.
Just came back from climbing so back is allready taken care of. I just found my motivation for sports again so i think i´ll give the good ol OAC a one last go on the side. I´ll post a video this time if i succeed.

what about diving

what muscles does diving work

looool you are a legit genetic freak, whats your bench max ? you should consider weightlifting

whats your height and weight at the moment ?

Legs mostly. The sport in itself isn´t even that athletic but those dudes have some brutal additional practices. The pros do propably one of the highest amounts of core training in all sports.

i´m 6`2 220 lbs 21yrs with 270 bench now.
At prime i was 240lbs with 290b/450s/560dl 17 yrs

Yeah i seriously considered joining a team when i was younger and taking the stuff more seriously. Then i actually took it too seriously and fucked my psyche in a few months of not so fun training. Lost my motivation and have been going to gym only ~10-30 times a year after that. I´m still dreaming off completing at least a one season of training but it´s off limits for a year or so since i have my military service starting this summer.

youtube.com/watch?v=WwMxH7a892A Vid somewhat related. One day i was browsing youtube before gym and some leeman deadlift vid came up. I thought he seemed as he was mentally fucked and had seriously unhealthy relationship with powerlifting. Then i realized i had the same problem as him and started a 6 month break on that instance.

lol you are a weakling now, looks like you matured increadible fast and now hit the wall at 20

The only muscles you need to weight train for swimming are shoulders and lats
Core is best trained doing dolphin kicks
Legs need endurance more than power
t. swammer

Mostly your abs, cock and anus because divers are 3x as gay as swimmers

yes
but most competitive swimmers also go lifting heavy

>Egg of the Soy King

Veeky Forums knows shit about health. Lifting heavy is counterproductive for swimming retard.

Butterfly and Dolphin are a shit ton of strength

How do I into swimming?

Worst thing about swimming is you can't listen to music or anything while you're doing it. Just staring at the bottom of a swimming pool for hours.

>inb4 waterproof headphones

Literally all public pools ban them because of evacuation and lifeguarding procedures. Try it and even if you're a strong, built swimmer you'll be told to take them off or leave.

Is swimming a good way to meet guys?

I work at pools during college/summer time and it's never been an issue brought up. You could argue that they are either 1. for keeping water out of your ear. 2. You can't hear whistles very well while actively swimming and even slightly submerged (could barely hear a starter pistol while at a swim meet.). Remind them they can stick their hand/tube in the water to get your attention. I wear them all the time. Depends on where you live I guess?

no most aren't gay despite the behavior/outfits. t. swimmer

this

The documentary Free told me otherwise

Butterfly and Dolphin are the same
Yes 'm just calling out the BS you're writing