Why so much hate for Alan on /fit? Is it because he has a deeper voice than you guys? MOGed

Why so much hate for Alan on /fit? Is it because he has a deeper voice than you guys? MOGed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Vh0uaQuhX3k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i leik him

He crushes my unrealistic dreams of looking bomb without dedicating my life to fitness, wich he does and looks like shit

he is alright, not sure why he fell for the SS meme but nobody is perfect i guess

He's not a bodybuilder though, he doesn't lift for aesthetics

He genuinely enjoys it. You can hear his passion when he talks about strongman and his story.

Youre a special kind of retard, arent you?

Black girl legs

He told me crunches were bad for me

I like him. He is an inspiration.

I like him quite a bit, nicely compliments Rippetoe without going full retard on some topics like Rip.

His lifts are shit compared to his weight and time spent lifting.

I like him but I don't like his beard.

Crunches are bad for you
t. Dr. McGill

We're all just jealous of his love for squats.

Rebbit transplants hate him because he recommends strength programs to beginners. His videos are very helpful to beginners and hes generally knowledgeable. The only valid criticisms of him are that his lifts are sub-par considering the amount of time hes been training and his cringey beard obsession.

he lifts heavier than 99% of Veeky Forums, probably including you just by statistical coincidence

Nothing wrong with him. More relatable than most of the douche canoes on youtube.

A bit of that is that he is still natty.

Ye but he's also not very strong

He's also been lifting for over a decade

He's strong.

1). any given person can only deal with the genes they were born with. Maybe his natty limit is different from someone else's

2). most people who lift for over a decade probably turn to steroids at one point or another

its because hes most likely actually natty. Veeky Forums hates all YouTube natties (alphadestiny, Alan thrall, e.t.c) because it shows them realistic bodies and lifts but despite the fact that 99percent of Veeky Forums will never even reach these numbers they complain and say "hes too small!!!" and instead listen to a bunch of roiders and do brosplits

Mid-high 500 deadlift and 3pl8+ bench is not very strong? Okay.

its because hes comparing Alan to obvious drug users like david laid, silent mike and the rest of youtube 'fitness'

>silent mike
The dudes natty mate

Why is SS a meme? Genuinely curious

What's his full name?

it was created as a meme to trick beginners into getting a big oversized ass

>works with and for a bunch of well known drug users
>deadlifts over 700 pounds and benches over 400
>natty

come one brah, hes clearly not. Mark and him are running a business they need a supposed 'natty' lifter to attract the normies

Veeky Forums doesn't hate the Bugez though

It's not a meme. However, it is a meme to say that SS is a meme.

maybe, probably just honest

I NEED HIS NAME

come on, SS has never worked for anybody on all these years on Veeky Forums

Never see much hate here for him unless it's trolling.

alan thrall

It's what I lift and I started lifting when I was 26, with no physical activity prior to being 25.
I don't go around calling myself a strongman, or even strong by any means.

This is his fucking career and his lifts just OKish, for somebody who lifts as a hobby.

He competes in the sport of strongman, therefore he can call himself a strongman.
And as an FYI there's more to strongman than just WSM and the Arnold, there are amateur level contests out there.

90% of posters on Veeky Forums are fat neckbeards that want to turn their life around

I see it more like this
>works with some of the most knowledgeable lifters in the entire world
>lifts since over a decade
>spends full time on lifting
>doesn't visually look like a roider at all, has the typical soft look of a natty when not flexing

There is no reason he couldn't lift those numbers natty.

He's not natty

He's natty

He’s not natty

He's natty

He’s not natty

aint natty

He's natty

Definitely natty

Doubt it

Convinced by it

He's natty.

No he’s not

Yeah he is

>this fucking thread

>rubs hands

>doesn't rub hands

This

defending cringey destiny or beardo thrall even ironically is weak bait, 2/10 since i've replied

It's a proven, efficient beginner program to get people new to weight training as strong as they can in as short a time as possible by taking advantage of the novice adaptation rate. It's great and actually works and makes you strong, so it's highly recommended for people that come to Veeky Forums that are just getting into lifting for the first time. Because it's recommended so much, everyone sees it so often and starts to take the piss out of it just cause that's what Veeky Forums does to everything. Go on any board and there's always that one thing everyone knows because it's such a deep component of the board's culture, and garners a love/hate relationship among the posters. Also, most people only think of the absolute bare bones version of the program (press, bench, squat, deadlift) when they make jokes about it, saying it makes you a t-rex, even though its pretty well known by anyone doing the program to add accessories like dips, chins, curls, tricep extensions, so on to get a more balanced physique. People new to lifting also have unrealistic expectations before they start lifting, and think that they'll look like Ronnie Coleman after they pick up a weight for the first time, and don't realize that building a strong, good looking body takes years of effort and discipline. If you don't wanna waste time, and take advantage of your noob gains to get as strong as you can your first year lifting, do starting strength. Or you can dick around doing some reddit meme routine and waste your time.

>Or you can dick around doing some reddit meme routine and waste your time.

To be fair, reddit suggests GSLP and then move to 5/3/1.

Fair enough
All linear progression novice routines work in the same way and produce basically the same results for anyone doing them. But starting strength has an entire book written on it with tons of extremely important and useful information rather than just "here's a routine, do it", so it's recommended most. Gotta learn your form.

Dude fucking Maxx Chewning puts up higher numbers than he does at, what, 80lbs less? Without even fully committing his life to lifting like Alan. Thrall has pathetic numbers for his weight and time lifting. He seems like an okay dude outside of that

Okay, then if we're being fair, post some vids of you lifting atlas stones and pulling trucks and shit.

His >career is running his gym and business, for many years his training had to take a massive backseat to that
Maxx chewning has a massive deadlift and no bench or squat to speak of, you're talking out your ass

His beard looks like pubes but he’s knowledgeable

>Is it because he has a deeper voice than you guys?
lmao is anyone actually buying that? he does the overly loud comp voice like that thing alex destiny used to do. alan is too afraid to use his real voice

youtu.be/Vh0uaQuhX3k 6:30
His bench is relatively trash, but I'm pretty sure he's benched 315 in comp. Definitely above 300, which is hardly less than what Thrall puts up

I think he's cute. N-no homo.

Neither are you sonny

Chewning is talented, Alan is not

it's really that simple guys

Alan Thrall is what happens when you lift with a strength focus for like a decade, but are not particularly genetically gifted, you end up with some alright lifts that some people will just fucking decimate with nowhere near your bodyweight or time spent training

that´s not Descartes

holy shit faggot, the dude likes lifting and helps others, not everyone is trying to be the strongest person in the world you coward.

not really

Alan is what happens when you're filled with broscience and fall for the starting strength meme, rap them together into one big fat mess.

He took 8,9 years to hit a 500 deadlift. Probably thinking you shouldn't overtrain, probably thinking maxing out is dangerous, probably thinking a load of bullshit. I wouldn't follow his advice past novice level, ever.

actually if you follow his trainees barbell medicine got his on right path, some of his trainees are already stronger than him, man learns on his mistakes, slowly but does. Hes natty and has 1500+ total. Hes not the strongest, hes medicore but hes dedicated.

There are random dumb cunts at my gym who are natty that bench 330+ for high reps who do a bro-split, but have been lifting for 15+ years.

Its sort of interesting to see that they can bench more than Alan despite just being some random idiot at the gym.

He was more interesting when he was doing strongman. I never found his form videos very useful. I’d recommend Brian Alsruhe form videos to a beginner over thrall

cause he looks annoying desu, with his reddit beard and hair
dude looks disgusting

>who are natty

Lol

Everyone at the gym is natty, so where are all the dirty needles in the biohazard bin coming from?!?

The best benchers are often the least "knowledgeable". It's a lift that responds best to bro science

>Veeky Forums hates all YouTube natties
So that's why Veeky Forums hates Jeff Seid

Not at the elite level.

>as you post this, kirill sarychev is probably taking ice baths, doing 8h arm workouts, taking all suplememes, thinking about muscle confusion.

Fair enough, but the quickest path to the 225 - 315 range is that of the bro.

Alan Thrall. He has a youtube channel

Hi Alan