Plg - powerlifting general

Love these dogs

CMON

>virgin dog
>chad cat

Any good stretching programs for newb like me?

Why did no one tell me about the lat pulldown and close grip EZ rows? My lats are a fried mess

Also isley gae

Squats today
Working up to a quick triple at 180kg then will drop to 130kg 1x20

5nd for big butts

gross

How do you do squat sets with high reps I'm talking about something like 8 reps. Do you do 2-3 reps in a row then new air or what?

instagram thots sicken me

You just breathe on each rep and do the damn set.

Are you too stupid for this hobby?

Gaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy_seal.png

alex must keep lifting, it's his non-GDE destiny

look at their gross faces tho

>it has been about 2 months since I attempted 1rm
>decide screw it and go for all 3 main lift 1rm
>only go up in 10lbs on the squat, didn't go up in anything else

I guess its time for more accesory work, either that or my mentality is faultering, probably both

You're a virgin.

They're just thots, they're for fucking. Not for autistic facial scrutinizing

nice projection

Projection what?

If you don't have a functioning male sex drive, go to or cut your dick off and move to brazil.

only a virgin would be so desperate theyd want to fuck those things

This is projection

your a projection

Hi sean

sup dino

i can tell you're an insufferable faggot and the world would be a better place if you hanged yourself

he has all the talent in the world but burned out after like 2 years

Most powerlifting programs negates shoulders completely should I do some lateral raises or something for them?

>t. nigger

absolutely. My bench has half stalled and I'm thinking it's because I stopped training shoulders so I'm adding a bunch of shoulder accessories and doing ohp after my meet.

Why are 90% of powerlifters the most obnoxious people in the gym? no h8

if you want big lateral delts, definitely

you could also just OHP too if you want to have strong shoulders in a way that's relevant for benching and also have bigger lateral delts

Any tips what could be good place to do ohp? I think I shouldn't do them too heavy?

I'd do them on day 3. like 3x5-8 add a set each week and deload to 2x5-8 on 4th week

Yeah sounds good, thanks I add them.

Can anyone think of a reason not to do push press over OHP. I find OHP really awkward and a push really helps

I only use a little push to get the bar moving

>300 bench
>progressing 5lb a week

fucking talentchad

thats the default weight in the excel

>doing ohp on a powerlifting routine

ditch the stupid ass power lifting shit if you wanna do a real man's lift

>i can bench more than you and i only do CG paused, incline, and dips every week

My bench is 265 pounds atm. And I can progress suprisingly fast with this program. This is my 2nd cycle and only 1 time I needed to keep the same max for next week.

not burned out from lifting though, his schoolwork and gf are really taking everything he's got

he told me it's not fun anymore

some of that is probably stress from school/gf but still he sounds burned out to me

From everything I know it's a combination of stress from school, his gf, his poor meet performance due to the previous two and lack of food, wanting some time off, and not being able to get back into the gym on a regular basis due to the first 2.

Wasn't he doing one of those high volume/high-ish frequency/high specificity programs?

Combine that with real life commitments and I'm not surprised he got bored and burned out.

>lack of food
is he going broke?

His gains probably slowed which he wasn't used to so he instantly lost motivation

Mental GDE

The only rude thing I do is unintentionally look disdainfully at peoples squats and deadlift attempts

if quitting when your gains slow down is mental gde, i must be a mental talentchad because i barely make progress and still lift

maybe he just took isley's advice

I don't think so I just remember him complaining about losing weight leading up to his last meet.

If your a physical GDE you're used to slow gains though

When you're a talent chad I imagine you're used to making quick gains so if that stop they may not know what to do

>that butt
>big

stand the fuck back, lightweight

he doesn't track macros or anything idt

he got as far as he did just yoloing his diet and not even eating a consistent surplus

>I like owg
>how’s my routine guise
>I do technique work for cardio sometimes
>strength work lolz what are you a powerlifter
>lmao how much do you weigh
>you better be < 50kg or a 100kg snatch is shit
>my coach is a crossfit coach who made it to nationals

I did a bunch of deadlifting volume today. it felt great
after that I got myself a fat fucking calzone, ate it, and fell asleep on the couch watching law and order

heavy volume session into shit ton of food into falling asleep for ten hours accidentally is how i spend most friday night now when i don't have something going on, it's so fkn comfy

i hate myself

^ nobody cares, retarded faggot. no (you) for you. fuck off. go away. kys.

>I did a bunch of deadlifting volume today
>posted at 7:40
What the fuck are you lifting at 6?

he probably doesn't live in a 3rd world shit hole like you do you faggot mongrel.

Projection, i'm not american

just found a powerlifting gym where i live, so excited to go today. some of the national junior team go there and i finally get to try SSB squats

>i'm not american

yes, we know. thus the part about you being a faggot mongrel from a 3rd world shit hole.

That doesnt make sense, you obviously describe america.

>i am in denial and can not refute your very clear statement of facts, sir

very well, i accept your admission of defeat, mongrel. no more responses from your superior. no more (you)s. it's over. you're done. back to the communal mud hut for you. you lose. cope.

I like you

You keep projecting tho.

redpill me on highbar

100 reps of rear delt raises and tricep pushdowns helped me break through a bench plateau. Thank you, gbro.

>do highbar
>get sore adductors and hams
wtf

I did 100 zercher squats and 100 weighted pushups yesterday to improve my conditioning for my actual back squats and bench press :)

Doesnt fuck up my shoulders like low bar does and seems to be easier to recover from. Give it a try, if it feels better then you can always just do high bar and switch to low bar before a comp.

Did some power cleans yesterday, was really fun. Worked up to lmao2pl8 for a few singles, but it was a 20kg PR since I hadn't done them in ages.

This lowbar/highbar work different muscles thing is bullshit

yeah i guess youre right

do you have a vid of you squatting highbar? curious to see what it looks like

What is a good place to get some equipment in Europe (online)?

Looking for:

a 10mm or 13 mm belt, not sure if buckle or lever
a pair of lifting straps (I heard a lot of good about Iron Minds)
a pair of wrist wraps (Inzer got a lot of recommendaitons in my research)

do u evn lift

I too am curious, contemplating of switching to highbar to potentially spare my back since hitting depth is easier highbar.

or maybe someone who is not used to doing high bar squats would do them inefficient and get doms because of that.

Only vid ive got is failing with 277.5 which i thought was 272.5 (25kg bar)

Didnt film 265 because someone said ‘film 600lbs’

You just feel so much more stable on the unrack which translates into a more confident descent, but its each to their own

>ou just feel so much more stable on the unrack which translates into a more confident descent, but its each to their own
definitely noticed this

everytime i unrack lowbar i feel like im about to die

I still don't understand why people think high bar is inferior due to such a small difference. Guys like Bryce Lewis should be enough proof that it can work great as a main squat stance.

Because lowbar lets you lift more weight

Do you squat with a lordosis or with a perfectly straight back?

>lowbar lets you lift more weight

I switched back to highbar and beat my lowbar comp pb by 10kg, on a fraction of the dose i was on for the comp and 6kg lighter

I dont actively hyperextend

>look guys I got stronger over time!!!!!!!

disgusting, get some taste u fucking braindamaged nigger

garagebros point is tthat he difference in weights isnt that big but highbar is more comfy, easier on the joints and to hit depth allowing more consistency

I feel like my problem with lowbar is I hyperextend and end up losing the hyperextension to hit depth. On highbar I got no problem hitting the depth while hyperextended. Plus highbar feels much comfier.

You dont want to hyperextend

Thoracic extension yeah you wana do that so hard its uncomfortable

why don't you ever upload any videos of training?

I'm not doubting your numbers I just want to compare form

he has a youtube channel hasnt uploaded in a while tho

link?

Too busy training, cba to film everything when its not impressive

When I went to a WL coach in my hometown I got told, for both back and front squats, to "stand like a faggots". Stick your butt out and start the movement with your hips and knees. Feels comfy to me desu.

How do I not hyperextend? I liked rip's cue about "dropping the dick between the legs" and can squat like that with low weight with straight spine but once I hit working weight I just go into hyperextension.

I remember reading that for pulling you want to hyperextend but when the bar is on top of your spine like in squats you want to keep it neutral. I think Duffin says to keep the spine neutral too.

if theres one thing i learned is not to force positions on squats

just go down focusing on midfoot and pushing knees out, your body will dictate the other details

Share your cutting recipes with high volume, please.

I completely agree. There seems to be two views on the topic. There's the one like the WL coach I went to has, extended back, look up and stick your butt out, and there's what guys like Duffing believe, which is having a neutral spine/head. In the end, experiment and do what feels comfortable. If you're able to hit depth, avoid significant technical mistakes and progress then you're doing it right.

clen

behind the back upright rows
y/n

behind the back front lateral delt pullovers

reverse band overhead snatch grip deadlifts with chains
y/n