Running thread

running thread

share tips, best time/distance, running music, goals, etc

What the fuck does that picture have to do with running you stupid cunt

why? does it make you insecure?

>running tips
you go outside and you start moving your legs fast

you got fucking told, OP. Now take those bitch ass love handles and get the fuck out.

is there a point in doing cardio if I can only do it twice a week (and only a mile each day to boot). Is there a quality > quantity thing? Every time I run a mile I go for a PR and i've gotten my mile time from 10 minutes to 7:50. I know its a dumb question but is my heart getting better? How can only 2 miles a week improve my cardio when there are people who do 10 miles a week easy?

you are not doing enough

do HIIT for 20 minutes 3 times a week instead.

Let's say you lift 3 times a week.
Do you run on your off days or do you run on workout days after your workout?

cardio immediately after workout

I went for a 3.5 mile run after work today and had a 7:27 average. Was pretty happy. Most I've ever gone in one go without stopping is 8 miles. Gonna do a half marathon in August on my birthday.

sprinkled one in front second from left

I'd prefer vanilla but still good sprinkle choice

Keep it up. Seeing your times go down is very rewarding. I started at a 545 mike and now I’m down to 430 and 940 for two

Start low then work your way up try not to squat n diddly close to the days you sprint at least 2-3 days
I will now lay out my list of feats, superior traits, and admirable deeds:

I can lift a fully-grown horse above my head, and I can hold my breath for ten minutes. To settle a wager, I once ate a pound of P.B. Fouke's strongest badger poison and then ran a mile in the nude. I cannot feel pain, and I can see for two miles unaided by a lens. No man can kill me. I have beaten a man of every race in formal combat, including a Turk, a Pygmy Negro Man and a rare Deepwater Jew. A medical doctor and two priests have written and signed a document confirming that I have no soul. There is no species of fauna in America which I have not personally killed and skinned. I will never sire a child because I loathe women. I bathe only once a year in an icy pond. I have burnt down one church per month for the last thirty years, and I will never be brought to justice because all lawmen fear me

how the hell are you so fast

Someone help me cure my posterior shin splints, it's been months and they still won't go away while running

>tfw failed 1.5 mile run in under 13 minutes for job
wat do

how do i get my 1.5 mile time to 10 minutes 30 secs god this is frustrating my best is 11;03

stop being fat

I'm struggling to run my 1.5 mile in under 12:10 wtf

run on dirt. or crushed gravel. buy some better shoes.

I'm running 60 MPW. I'm gaining weight... I can only contain my hunger when I'm down around 30 MPW but I like marathons. What to do?

i'm not tho

Sup FBI

I believe you

im doing 5 miles every other day but it takes me like an hour. bretty good though since i burn 700+ each time i do it. aiming for

Literally just go out and run more often if you want to get faster, 5-6 times a week if you are serious 18:56 5k pr

I know this from experience: posterior shin splints have the same symptoms as tibial stress fractures and if you're feeling pain there for months it's worth seeing a doctor. They'll probably tell you to replace your running with biking or swimming for 6-8 weeks.

>share tips

move left foot, right food. left foot, right food. left foot, right food. left foot, right food. left foot, right food. left foot, right food. left foot, right food. left foot, right food. left foot, right food. left foot, right food. left foot, right food. left foot, right food. left foot, right food. left foot, right food. left foot, right food. left foot, right food. left foot, right food. left foot, right food

>right food

Fucking look at your words before you copypaste, man.

Do you open track races or are you in college?

Ran 25:45 8K in college and lost all motivation to run after I dropped out

80+ mile weeks and doubles can suck my dick

Train over your race distance. Do 3 mile workouts

Run 3x a week (i.e. TuThSa)

Run 1: Run as close to your pace time and distance as possible.

Run 2: Run 400m strides at faster-than-pace, and walk 200m in-between. The number of 400m strides you do should be (total goal distance in meters)/400. Once you can do this, slowly increase the pace of your 200m rest periods *OR* switch to 800m strides (I prefer 800m strides).

Run 3: Trail run at a casual pace for 2x the goal distance.

Do this a month and your guaranteed to improve as long as you're not a bitch. Running (particularly endurance running) is what we evolved to do, so gains aren't hard as long as you're not a lazy fuck.

not eating while running at same time to maximize BLOATMAXING potential

How accurate to actual running stats is an elliptical?

Even a treadmill is not very accurate. Elliptical is less so.

Is it bad to have this as a goal body? It's not really too lean, not really too hooj, but it does look alright

Literally goal body
What'd be the fat % on this?
Also any info on height/weight?

ive had these over the summer, i literally had to stop running for 3 months for a full recovery
im fine now but its a bitch to go back and re-do all the things i used to do

dude you always post these comments along with your pic
how insecure are you that you have to post your own compliments?
gtfo OP

ok dork

My pb is a 5km in 19.47mins and I achieved it though weight training 3 times a week and running on the days between 3 times a week, either 5km or 10km and just focused on enjoying it and it eventually just came, very happy with that time, and dropped down from 220 to 175 at 5.9 to boot

Isnt jump roping better?

How much SPRINTING is appropriate if I'm currently bulking?

I've been reading about people who do things such as only 10 minutes of cardio, with spurts of sprinting sprinkled in that add up to 1 minute

very sick of the anti-cardio broscience on Veeky Forums, and I hope I'll get answers of actual substance in this thread

>no abs, or obliques

I mean, if that's what you want user ...

this thread just gave me the motivation to run a mile at 4am in 18 degree weather thanks fit

Shoes user. I ran alot and still do and shoes and focus on your stance.

dont smoke

i've taken up running again and my god i hate myself for every joint i smoked the last few weeks.

How did you know when it was ok to get back to running? I have these too, they go away if I lay off for a week but return once I go running

My goal body right there, how long from dyel skinnyfat will that take to achieve natty?

but did you do it ?

yea
running in the cold is not too bad once you get warmed up

Which movie ?

How much cardio do I need in order to not end up like Zyzz?

Is 5-10k once a week enough?

an hour of tren jogs
and 10 sets of cytomel sprints

I mentally pictured a nigger hopping on one leg stuffing sandwiches down his pipe

Also did my first half marathon last weekend with a time of 1:52:46/21.2km

Pr for the 5k is 16:58

Will road running ruin my knees

eastern promises

Run on your toes like a sprinter. Might not immediately fix the issue if they're bad, but I guarantee you'll feel instant relief.

>not just living with the debilitating effects of smoking so much that you eventually stop noticing the difference in your wind
I will NEVER give up the feel of a cig and/or joint after a strong run.

Anyways, if you do decide to quit down the road, it’ll be like taking off weighted training clothes for your lungs. Just like in my favorite Chinese cartoons!

What's a good ratio for running HIIT?

>not going for the milkers up the back

>tfw my 10km pace is more than sufficient to pass

shit, 8 months ago I could barely run 1.5 miles

Run for at least a half hour on the off days.

Two miles a week is barely making a dent in your aerobic ability. The time improvements you see are because you are getting comfortable running. You should not be trying to run a mile as fast as you can, rather aim to run farther every day. Instead of trying to run one mile straight, attempt to run 1 min, walk 2 min for at a half hour. Eventually increase the running time and decrease the walk. Soon you will be able to run for 30 mins straight.

Great stuff user. Half marathon will be a great distance to test yourself. That said, if it is in August if you wanted you could seriously train for it, the experience would be more interesting and more of a challenge as well. Maybe skim some plans, certainly attempt to vary you mileage and paces during the week.

He runs quite a bit I'd imagine. That is nothing extraodinary though, not to diminish his accomplishments. It takes serious work to hit those times.

You need to run further than 1.5 miles at once to be better at 1 mile. See above.

Other than being more strict in your diet (no added sugar (soda), no processed foods, meat + veggies + good fats + rice/beans/oats) you should probably introduce some strength training as well.

>80+ mile weeks and doubles can suck my dick.
This.

In general the novice runner, especially one who lifts as well (assuming a decently strong lower body from squats, deads, w/e), is wasting their time running 400m or 800m repeats. They will probably not be experienced enough to run at a proper pace for either of those distances for an effective workout. Instead, they should find a hill no great than a half mile in length and run up it. Ideally run hard for 20-30 seconds then jog down, repeat. Hill running provides more feedback than the track, and will develop better form in the novice.

looking good breh

Goal body

that's what a man should look like not some low bodyfat faggotry, that guy looks strong and healthy and not gym obsessed

Airforce?

>They will probably not be experienced enough to run at a proper pace for either of those distances for an effective workout.

treadmill?

I used to run 11.2s 100s in high school, had a friend time me the other day and ran 11.6
I think I'm pretty quick naturally, what training can I do to get under 11?
I'm not planning to compete just want to be by far the quickest person when I play sports

off days.

For what? Aeerobic development? No. I imagine you don't jump rope for half an hou, but even if you did, it would not be.

This is a good way to do it.

Sprinting can be a good way to develop strength. But 10 mins is not cardio, anyone who says this is a workout is very ignorant. It is a warmup. And the sprinting mixed in with that would not be incredibly effective at anything either. For training maximum speed you will want to run 30-40m with significant rest.

Not if you do it right, same as squatting or anything else.

What that user should have clarified is do not run only on your toes. Attempt to make contact with the ground somehwere between you midfoot and forefoot areas, and absorb the impact with your glutes and leg muscles. Your heel will probably come to the ground and it very much should. Attempt to land your foot beneath your body rather than in front.

Sure. But in my opinion no one should ever run on the treadmill, ESPECIALLY a novice runner. The treadmill does not encourage development of proper form, indeed can impeed that. For someone who is not an experienced runner, they need the freedom to develop their body's motions, freedom to learn to regulate their own pace, and the vastly greater amount of external feedback and stimulus that running outside provides.

In the weight room: Squats, glute bridge, deads, etc.
Outside: DRILLS, standard sprint workouts, and DRILLS.

How are you limited to only a mile? Do you really only have ten minutes free to run?
If you're really that limited, do intervals of sprints or skip/jump rope for intensity.

British army non-combat?

Many law enforcement and security jobs require a similar benchmark.

Hey faggots, 37 min 10k time. Did middle distance track and cross country at high school. If you want to be a better runner its all about running faster than you are comfortable with. No easy 70% long run bullshit. Intervals, speed work and hill repeats is all you need to do. I presume the anons in here dont want to waste their non existent gains so twice a week do this great workout for better running form, speed, muscle growth and hgh output. 5min warm up, 2x 100m high knees, 2x100m butt kicks, 2x100m running backwards, 2x 100m stride 85% effort. Go to steep hill 50m hill and do 8-10 repeats max effort all the way through. Fully recover after each repeat. 5 min warm down. Gives great conditioning, makes you a more efficent runner and minimizes impact doing it up hill and gives good resistances. Improves vo'2 max and minimizes the chance for coristol production and boosts metabolism through out the day. Dont forget the endorphin rush and as a natural progression in training you become a better sprinter so need to stress when you need to burn a dyel in a foot race!

>running
>actually just hopping on one leg

ran 5 miles in 40:20 the other day. currently training for a half marathon in may, aiming to complete at under 9:00 min/mile pace. i think i will be able to get it without any issues. any advice for race day? never ran a race before.

Just finished a 7 mile run. Keep working hard guys, you're gonna make it!

Attached: 1485635563643.jpg (910x752, 51K)

Whats a good shoe for running? I dont really care about speed I just want to run comfortably for medium-long distance (5-10 miles)

biggest part about a longer race is keeping your cool. your first instinct is going to be going out like a bat out of hell - don't. keep calm, run just like a regular run. if you can comfortably do 5 in 40:20, 9's for a half should be alright.
you're gonna do great, make sure you take a shit before you start

that depends - do you want cushion-y shoes or flatter shoes?
i bought into the whole barefoot-style shoe a while back, and i love mine. not for everyone though. if you want something with a good amount of support, HOKAs are the way to go. if you want more like what i use, brands like skora, merrell, and inov-8 are all good options.

You should probably go for the Saucony Kinvara.

This winter I've been running on an indoor track - sprinting around the end of the track, medium pace the rest of the way. Do this for 40 minutes or so a couple of times a week.

Started running outside again now that the weather's getting warm, and seeing some really significant gains on my old routes.

Who knew timed HIIT training could make such a diff.

I've been following the B210K progression but I've been having a lot of leg pain. I'm only running 10 min miles but I get a lot of pain in my hip flexors as well as my legs begin to cramp up near the end of the run. Any tips?

there are a lot of threads with images that have nothing to do with the subject
chill out

Attached: 1509660595847.png (611x361, 210K)