How can modern """""strong"""""men even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titormus
jhandtherapy.org/article/S0894-1130(15)00212-4/fulltext
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Seems legit

It probably weighed less back then

People weren't useless fucking cucks back then. All the strong men have died off in war.

Onions and non gay butt sex

I don't think erosion works in that direction

you fucking idiot, like money, it's weight has obviously gone up with inflation over the years

Bro, it's not erosion. Gravity was less back in the day due to the earth being closer to the moon. The moon was literally doing half the lift for that Greek faggot.

>falling for jewish astronomy

wrong, back then the Moon was only a small chariot driven by the Goddess Selene.
We only got such a big moon around a century before scientists discovered it.

>Gravity was less back in the day due to the earth being closer to the moon

some say this is the only picture of Eumastas that still exists

is...is this the power of Greek Genetics?

Good point it doesn't say how far off the ground it was lifted.

fucker lets see you take 480 KG one nanometer off the ground

Greek Genetics + 6xGOMAD + bloatloading = Bloatlord Eumastas

Is there a name for the diet practiced by the greatest athletes of ancient Greece?

Well, what's our cut-off for 'modern'? I mean, Louis Cyr was pretty impressive, although he died in 1912. I usually see people consider 'modern' to be any time after the Industrial Revolution kicked off.

Or Joe Greenstein 'The Mighty Atom'

>lifted off the ground
like half an inch? any modern strongman can do that easily. some of them can pull that much weight up to their waist

please never post again

What I'm getting from this snippet is that I need to do more calf raises.

>Eumastas
NA soyboys can't compete with true EU lifting masters.

And Veeky Forums tried telling me bread was bad

wtf, wouldn't that be when dinosaurs roamed the earth?

you think gravity was that different just during the Greek reign?

>implying you earned the bread by carrying a bronze statue of yourself

underrated

in bar form, sure, but lets see them do it with a handle-less rock

Exactly. I keep telling people that buttsex was a huge part of ancient fitness, but not gay.

The gay bittsex was for ancient gays and sissy's, realean had their hole pounded and made sick gains.

Case in point, ops pic

Carbs are just so good (ironically shunned in mainstream pseudoscience) that even if bread and gluten have negative properties, eating that much carbs would compensate by providing extremely efficient energy to your muscles, raise your metabolism and so hormonal production (test). Now, if that nigga ate rice instead he would have lifted buildings.

then where is our ancient Chinese Earthshaking Strongman?

Are you describing yourself with your pic?

Offsetted by their soy consumption. Anyway I've seen chinese genetic freaks on Veeky Forums, just never saved the pics.

what about Indians, who lived off of rice and would not have recognized the soybean, but are a miniscule and timid people incapable of summoning the strength to lift so much as a toilet lid

too much dysentery from shitting in the streets

Onions and "Mentoring" young boys for 4 hours a day.

*Stands up*

Twinkcels forever on suicide watch

oh... i get it.

Kek. Eumastas lifted that rock like Methuselah lived to 900+ years old and Hercules sucked Zeus' cock or whatever he did. Those barbaric faggots really had it figured out.

I would consider it before the wide spread of steroids

All that old strong man stuff I dont believe. People loved to believe in gypsy spells, ghosts and magic all kind of silly superstitious shit in the past. Strongman guy that actually super strong? That is gold. The newspaper writers in the past knew their audience and how to sell that paper.

>retarded circus freaks fatsos with round plate with random inflated numbers written on them were stronger than us, this newspaper say he lifted 850 kg with one hand !

>newspapers
>ancient Greece

Wew lad

(((newspapers))) in ancient greece.

The great Gama was said to have lifted a 1200kg stone. He was also an undefeated wrestling champion.

Kek

ROMmogged

its a joke post, brainlets

why the fuck is fit so retarded nowadays holy fucking shit

except he didn't eat rice

It is well-known that people in the past were a lot stronger than modern people. I read some military recruitment text from the 19th century and they found out that the average deadlift (on a dynamometer, but still), for a 50-60 kg recruit was 180 kg+. So, a triple bw deadlift was normal for a completely untrained young man back then. There's also napoleon's experiments with javelin throwing to compare to the old Greek records, there's the stone of Bybon, there's the Athenian rowers, there's Christoph der Starke and August der Starke from medieval Germany, etc, etc.

Strangely enough, people who lift get pretty butthurt when you talk about this.

topkek.

maybe you're mistaking absolute awe at your stupidity for butthurt?

>being so far on the spectrum

whoever was the news boy in ancient greece and newspapers in 19-20th century.

can confirm

>Raw deadlift record WITH A BARBELL Is 460 kg
>Some Euro lifted 480 kg without roids a few millenia ago
How far we have fallen.

yes, the fall of the roman empire was because of the change in the gravitational pull of the moon

q.e.d.

back then people tended the fields and went to war there were no tractors etc to help.

Even today people from the countryside are stronger and thiccer than town dwellers.
And imagine how it was back when they had zero machinery.

fact of life - natural diet and everyday work sunrise to sundown makes you stronger than doing some routine in gym.

>fact of life - natural diet and everyday work sunrise to sundown makes you stronger than doing some routine in gym.
Farmfags tend to have delicious forears and not much else, but maybe that's just modern Americans

>t. I never lifted anything but baby weight few months in the gym then quit.
Can farmers beat ultra instinct goku?

european famers are yoked. you wouldnt see it from distance but they are built like machines.

And thats zero knowledge about diet or routine etc.

I squat 40 kg for 10 reps soooo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titormus
some random Shepard beat the best Athlete in the known world. he also had a pretty badass name

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titormus
Yesus....

Good share. What a monster that guy had to be..

what do you think his diet was?

Bavarian here. My uncle is a farmer and weighs like 130kg (pretty fat) but has forearms like tree hunks and hands as big as a fucking pan. I saw him lifting some heavy as shit i'm pretty sure he could deadlift 5+ pl8 completely untrained.

No idea but Im pretty sure he wasnt vegan and he ate a lot. 0 gmo too. fresh mountain air.

Literally a different species to modern man.

thats what Im saying. Im from Croatia and I worked with a lot of people in farming parts of country, they are all 100 kg plus no matter the height, and not even fat! They arent slim but its fairly common to see a man of 110-130 kg, about 6 foot and fingers hands like bear paws. It just happens from daily work.

You see the back on them - they could chip a wall with those backs.
I have the nice definition and I am fairly fit compared to masses, but people who work for a living - manual labor, they are on some next level shit.

everyone in the past was a manlet. Manlets have self worth issues so are known to lie a lot to feel better about themselves. Put 2 and 2 together you'd realize all these stories are bullshit.

savage..

He must've been a giant of sorts.

YOU HAVE TO LIVE IT

They pretty much look like strongmen. I think the huge hands and general massive frame come from hard work since being a child, Wolfs law and all that.
I grew up in the city and am pretty strong, but whenever i meet him, i get brutally mogged by his handshake alone. His hands feel like stone from the calluses.

>tfw lonely shepherd
>tfw hear village girls talking about Milo of Scrotum
>they giggle and point at me and my little sheep herd
>IMGONNASHOWEM.jpeg
>next time after milking bulls I find a big stone
>tfw not big enough
>find a bigger stone and inscribe in it: "Eumastas son of Kritobolos lifted me off the Earth"
>pay some poet in sheeps to write how I defeatet milo of scrotum
>tfw worth it because some dyels at plant based asian comic forum will know of me
>tfw made it

So your telling me that modern athletes with all of their training, drugs, nutrition and selection based upon skill in their field don't even measure up to some fucking dudes from several hundred years ago when they didn't even know that getting drunk while pregnant fucked you up?
What's more likely, modern day athletes who train their whole life not being as good at feats of strength as our ancient ancestors, or that the recordings of these people's feats is a bunch of horseshit?

true, and many exercises from strongman competitions have a lot in common with daily work of farmers

Tell me about it man, my fingers are thin, get cold easily and I know dudes slimmer than me, but they are mechanics or woodworkers and their fists mogg all day..
I have longer fingers than most guys I know even guys taller than 200 cm but I need to work with them to thiccen them... Gonna find some way.

neanderthals were stronger too and pretty much did intermitent fasting with approx daily 10 000 ccal intake.

You underestimate power of living in nature, having healthy hormonal balance and working a lot.

>Ancient Roman bread vs modern soy-infused Jew bread

So make your own god damn bread.

>of an extraordinary bigness

fucking faggot they didn't invent kilos until the 18th century

My hands are always warm, but my hands are pretty small, i can even wear my moms gloves..

Maybe it's the raw milk these guy drink pretty much every day, or the beer. Eating your own produce and very few processed foods must play a big role too.

I had homegrown tomatoes and there is a difference in them. Like they have more soul or smth.

Imagine the same but with pigs and poultry... Its on a different level. U cant say those mentally stressed chickens in tiny cages having their kids taken away every day, are same quality of food as happy chicken walking around in backyard eating buggs and proton rich larvas..

Top kek, 1cm RoM bloater btfo

Inferior Dravidian genetics. Their closest relations are the Abos of Australia. A small infusion of Persian/Greek virility from the steppes of Eurasia is no match for that sort of GDE heritage.

Fake

>Not taking the GAMAD pill

GOTTA EAT BIG TO GET BIT CMON!!!!

>So your telling me that modern athletes with all of their training, drugs, nutrition and selection based upon skill in their field don't even measure up to some fucking dudes from several hundred years ago when they didn't even know that getting drunk while pregnant fucked you up?
>What's more likely, modern day athletes who train their whole life not being as good at feats of strength as our ancient ancestors, or that the recordings of these people's feats is a bunch of horseshit?
Yup, that's exactly what I am telling you. German sports scientists also did some tests with German champions vs. ancient Greek Olympic records and the Greeks were better. Their comment was "Very impressive".

Example: A modern discus thrower has trouble lifting an ancient discos, nevermind throwing it.

>back then people tended the fields and went to war there were no tractors etc to help.
>19th century
Bro. Stop.

Men today are weaker than their fathers. So, extrapolate a bit.

jhandtherapy.org/article/S0894-1130(15)00212-4/fulltext

Generation Z, that includes YOU, will be our downfall.

>ancient Greek Olympic records
Well that's exactly the type of hard data point I can trust. Those Greeks man. You know Hercules captured the fucking guardian of the underworld? I mean, Thesus killed a damn minotaur. We don't even have minotaurs around anymore! By the way, did you know that many ancient Sumerian kings ruled for as long as 40,000 years?
Actually, you seem like a sharp guy. Hmu sometime, I've got a sweet bridge to sell you.

I mean to be fair it doesn't specify whether a lever was used. Maybe this guy built some sort of contraption that helped him lift it

> they don't realise he was quoting
Fucking newfags holy shit at least learn the culture before posting.

nevertheless, this dude probably was dyel as fuck and couldnt deadlift as much as most of Veeky Forums

these threads depress me because i will never be born in a time where men are men

Tit-or-Miss

Holy shit, you are even more retarded than

>based on a true story