Elliptical vs. Treadmill vs. Bike

I want an option of doing cardio at home for when I want to exercise by not leaving the house.

From a strictly cardio point of view, which of these contraptions is the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/Bf_JfXigdjl/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Elliptical is very easy on the joints I likw that one.

If your fat an elliptical would be good because it easy on your joints. But personally if your not fat why not just jump rope or run outside. Gym cardio equipment is expensive as fuck if you want a good one. Jump rope coast like 8-12 bucks. If you want a machine just get a plant fitness membership for 10 bucks.

instagram.com/p/Bf_JfXigdjl/

bike is probably the cheapest and will last way longer, but if moneys not an issue i like the elliptical personally.

I personally HATE elliptical so I just do bike/treadmill.

Pic related.

This or a rower

>doing cardio at home
Jump Rope

Treadmill is the shittiest, since there is no resistance
Bike is better, but you sit on your arse, which is suboptimal
Elliptical would be my choice

Just keep in mind a quality cardio macheen that feels right "like the ones at the gym", is expensive
I remember growing up my parents bought a few cardio machine, but they always got cheap ones and they felt so awkward and shitty... no one in the family actually used them

Rowing machine
Trampoline

Both superior in every way

>threadmill is the shittiest since no resistance

Threadmill is actually the best because your body must balance itself after every step, therefore it works your whole body and not just your legs

>treadmill
go run outside
>bike
great, get one that is not stationary and ride outside
>elliptical
good if you can't go outside or need to be soft on your kness

Quit being a useless weak faggot and exercise outside.

Buying a machine for cardio is silly, but if your going to get one then the stationary bike is the best.

The one you will actually use.

Rowing machine is pretty fun. I

how the fuck can one jump inside a flat with that thing not hitting the ceiling? I need 55" of space above my head for it work freely.

Skipping rope is absolutely patrician tier, everyone should do it.

Not everyone has that option.. single parents with young children can't just up and go for a bike ride. Not to mention the weather is unsuitable for many at the moment..

>single parents with young children
So you fucked up?

>cardio
>it works your whole body and not just your legs

you must have misread that

The choice in spouse, yes. Being single was the least fucking up I have done since. Lifts back up, dropped all weight gained and on path to success.

>wasting money on cardio
Retard too stupid running outside?

Buy a rower you mong

No I read properly my man.
The threadmill improves your balance/core. So better abs and overall agility

Recumbent stationary bikes are gentle with my back, comfy and give me the conditioning for real cycling when weather is shitty.

Context: I'm doing a 20m HIIT program, fasted, twice a week on top of 6day/week PPL and 2-4h bike ride.

Absolutely recommend. It's a pain in the ass to find an adequate space to do this. Not only is it more efficient in terms of cardio gains when compared to running, it helps build calves, and improves coordination. It's also fun as hell when you start to try routines e.g. double unders, crossovers, sidestepping, etc.

are you literally retarded?
OP asked about cardio. not balance. not core. not abs. not agility.
C A R D I O

Aerobic exercise (also known as cardio) is physical exercise of low to high intensity that depends primarily on the aerobic energy-generating process.[1] Aerobic literally means "relating to, involving, or requiring free oxygen",[2] and refers to the use of oxygen to adequately meet energy demands during exercise via aerobic metabolism.[3] Generally, light-to-moderate intensity activities that are sufficiently supported by aerobic metabolism can be performed for extended periods of time.[1]

When practiced in this way, examples of cardiovascular/aerobic exercise are medium to long distance running/jogging, swimming, cycling, and walking.

>the threadmill

>brainlet posting

bike child seat or a trailer

Oh I get it, you're just some bored retard looking to argue and debate. Have a good day my friend

Those things are not fun to use and it still doesn't solve the weather problem. Not gonna go on a bike ride or run in sub 30 degrees. Stationary bike is cheap and does a good job IMO.

>Not gonna go on a bike ride or run in sub 30 degrees.

>never gonna make it

>elliptical or treadmill
Lol just run outside
>Bike
Just drive a bike lol
>Rowing machine
Lol just ride a row boat in your local river or lake

Attached: 1519326577074.jpg (480x490, 30K)

I did elliptical at the gym earlier for the first time. How am I supposed to be working out on it? I went slow with high resistance

I accept your defeat and wish you a nice weekend, Sir.

With a five yr old strapped to the bike? That sounds fun to you?

Atleast you'll have company.

Get a rowing machine, it will change ur life

Thanks for suggestions and opinions. I'm more inclined to guy a stationary bike, since it's cheaper and takes up less space. It will do for indoor cardio exercise over winter or when I don't feel like going outside. It's also time saving, which is a big deal if you have a job.

But now I guess the question is: a spin bike or a regular upright bike (I already decided I don't want to use recumbent type)?

Attached: spin-vs-upright.jpg (300x205, 19K)

Its true and no elliptical does not simulate running

Attached: s7d2.scene7.jpg (1811x2000, 286K)

My roommate bought an expensive elliptical and moved out. The only issue is the power cord is broken and hasn't been replaced in 3 years. Roommate moved out 1+years ago. Probably 30 dollars to replace from supplier, hopefully nothing broke inside the connection port thing. If that doesn't work I'll go heart attack spec. Hope you boys are putting in more effort than me. I love you and I'm proud of you. Our souls will meet next euphoric workout high.

What are some good rowing machines?

Attached: 1520034149908.jpg (800x600, 329K)

Rowing machine is ubermensch tier

Boat and oars

I just ride a bike to the gym, why do they have to put six fake bikes inside the gym anyway? It just takes up place.

Attached: intelligent.png (659x525, 205K)

Because I'm not a bike-wanker

*travels faster and cheaper than you in urban areas*
Psssh... Nothing personal... automobile driver...

Attached: 0030358_2018-6ku-fixie-single-speed-bike-dallas_1200.jpg (1200x900, 386K)

Biking causes sexual dysfunction.

Concept 2 masterrace

It will be fun for the kid.
Just wear warm clothes.

This, no real point in buying a different brand.

really no alternative?

Concept 2 is literally the only brand you'll ever see in a boat house or at an erg competition. It's possible that there are other decent models, but Concept 2 is the rowing world standard. It's durable, comfortable, and precise.

Id say bike, easiest on the joints and you can get the highest iintensity on it. dont sit on the bike, do it seriously

Rowing machine = legs, core, back, arms through different parts of the drive.

Bike = legs

There's a reason submarines have rowing machines on them - they work the whole body.

the actual reason is that when shit hits the fan they must be able to row the sub home.

Kek

how is that good? legs literally evolved for endurance. when you do rows you will either have shit intensity and might as well do nothing at all or you will hamper recovery of arms, core and back. and if you say otherwise you dont deadlift and squat enough and should do those instead because they are a thousand times better than any endurance shit

Go outside

It sounds like your legs are vastly over-developed compared to your upper body, friend.

Rowing provides an excellent workout which can be used as a warm up, cool down, HIIT or endurance exercise - I'm not saying it works muscle groups as hard as focussed, weighted workouts, it would be stupid to say so, but it's certainly not to be disregarded as part of a well rounded, total body fitness regimen.

I wish. my back is my strongest part. it just gets tired from squatting and deading so I rest it properly or my performance drops