/Routine Thread/

also routine bread.
Post your lifting routine and ask questions you have about exercises and programming.
All routines and questions should be accompanied by your stats: height, weight, time lifting and lifts.

Some quick info for beginners

>#1: Read the Fucking Sticky

>If you want to gain/lose weight, TRACK YOUR CALORIES
>Unless you're late-Intermediate to Advanced, a tried and tested program is always going to be better than something you or your friend Brad who "used to bench 2plate" came up with
>Greyskull LP is overral the best all-purpose beginner routine
>SS, Reg Park's, SL or any LP program based on the 4 big lifts is fine too

The number 1 thing to keep in mind is that as a Beginner, you just need to pick a routine and stick to it, dont program-hop.

>Bodyweight exercises are a good gauge to know if you're gaining too much fat too quickly. If your Rows and DL are progressing but your pullups are laggin behind, chances are you gotta lose some weight. do em
if you can't do pullups, use band-assisted pullups or negatives and work your way up

>You can gain strenght while losing fat. Unless you're pretty advanced, Cut/Bulk is not really needed, just stay at a sensible bf% and eat enough healthy food and plenty of protons
Having said that, eating at a surplus will give you the BEST results
>Track your fucking calories

>"Cardio kills gains" is a meme. You need cardiovascular health and aerobic capacity
>do HIIT optimally, low intensity steady state cardio is fine too, HIIT can be tough to recover from.

>You should STRETCH. Make it a habit. Mobility is crucial both for gains and joint health.
>Do not static stretch before lifting, stretching cold muscles makes them more prone to injury and hinders your strenght.
>Do Dynamic warmups, warm up ALL joints and antagonistic muscles before a lift. static stretch after lifting

If you're having trouble progressing, your routine is solid, you're resting, eating and sleeping enough, feel free to post a form check.

Attached: phrakgslp.png (547x465, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleandstrength.com/articles/go-heavy-get-explosive-grow-bigger.html
streamable.com/44ipy
streamable.com/uk5dp
streamable.com/yzhw8
streamable.com/iqt5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tbh what's the difference between 3x5 and 5x5. I wanna gain strength. Also I throw in hypertrophy (8-12 rep) sets on weekends.

Diddlys I do 5x3 though.

>Tbh what's the difference between 3x5 and 5x5
seems pretty straightforward, more volume.
you'll struggle with 5x5 if you used to be a potato with no athletic background
>Also I throw in hypertrophy (8-12 rep) sets on weekends. Diddlys I do 5x3 though.
>I wanna gain strength
do a strenght program then

>Be literally doing that picture
>I'm either doing squats wrong or deadlifts wrong and have no one to teach me
>Read Starting Strength and tried to copy its form
>Have garbage lower body flexibility
>Hurt my lower back
>Now trying to replace squats and deadlifts with something easier to progress with once my back feels about ready to get back into the gym

So, how do you do a lower intensity deadlift or replace deadlifts? Squats are pretty simple; use body weight squats, goblet squats, and/or leg press. But what about deadlifts?

Attached: 1507459950129.png (655x509, 25K)

3x5 is better if you're doing the lifts more frequently than 1x per week (i.e. beginner programs). 5x5 is better for intermediates who only do a lift once a week

Was doing pic related for about 2 years then switched to PPL. Finding lack of time is a problem so want to go back to a full body 3x a week routine. Is GSLP/phraks still my best bet? I also want to increase cardio probably some both after some workouts and on off days without going crazy.

>height, weight, time lifting and lifts.
6'2", 178#, 6m (4-5 effective due to injuries, vacations, etc), 110/135/210/305

I'm on my 3rd cutting week + IF (2200) and recently switched to 6day PPL + cycling on rest day.
I want to return to maintenance calories ASAP (2700). Where can i fit 20m HIIT sessions? Fasted or after post work out/dinner meal?

Need to improve bench and upper body ASAP, what would be best while recomping?
Stick to 6day PPL? Ivysaur 448? Candito 4day LP?

>Warm-up: 3x5 close-grip chin-ups, light pendlay rows

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

A
>2x5, 1x5+ Bench
>2x10-15 DB Hammer Curls
>2x5, 1x5+ Front Squat
>2x5, 1x5+ Close-grip Bench (EXTRA, IF FEEL GOOD)

B
>2x5, 1x5+ OHP
>2x6-8 Weighted Close-grip Chin-ups
>2x6-8 Pendlay Row
>1x5+ Diddly
>2x6-8 Weighted Dips (EXTRA, IF FEEL GOOD)

Attached: 1514773297293.png (449x602, 10K)

>So, how do you do a lower intensity deadlift
Hmm, what if you use lighter weights? I know, wild but could work.
Try box squats and rack pulls

Attached: squattin.png (555x555, 183K)

you're cutting at 178?

Every exercise 1xF, Body By Science style
>super slow movement (10 seconds up, pause at peak contraction, 10 seconds down)
>hit three types of failure- positive, static hold, then negative
>after negative failure take three breaths, then his failure again, then three breaths, then failure again
>if total time under load was 2:00 or greater, increase weight next session
>if total time under load was :45 or less, decrease weight next session

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 11.24.38 AM.png (724x138, 27K)

so bad

just to starting strength noob

Already did kiddo

Nsuns 531 w/ builiding the monolith accessories day 6 is pause squats and deficit deads

>not full body
U train 20 times in one month, but hit ur chest 4 times
>full body, a/b setup, 3 times a week
You train 12 times in one month, but still hit chest 6 (six) times

Attached: cdb.jpg (499x499, 18K)

Already done that too. Now I'm experimenting with extreme high intensity training, as opposed to strength or volume training.

Wait what, where are your squats?

Squats are too dangerous for HIT, thus the leg press as a substitute. As mentioned, I go to true failure, and a compromise in form under a barbell is just too likely.

Bump
>pls post

How much are you lifting on the big 3?

Seems like 3 days a week wouldnt do much at first sight but in thinking of doing xABABxx aka 4 days a week myself.

Attached: 1516539698843.png (2439x914, 160K)

The one on the top is an old routine, I'm currently blending it in a new autismal one in which volume-load on a per-training session is considered too
Also some slight changes in exercise selection and ordering
Also some slight changes in 1RM calculation for practical purposes

Attached: temp.jpg (2490x2074, 509K)

0.5/1/1.5/2
>da fuckingwithyourroutinefivemonthsgodtier
I was doing same routine but with A/B/C, third day was like A but with incline bench and back squats. It wasn't good choice.

What's a god damn 6-day program for a natty?

Hypertrophy, but will not do 15 silly reps. Must include DL, SQ, OP.

Was thinking about adding some arm exercises to this work out, like curls. Good idea?

What's the point of only doing 1 set of DL a week

>squatting every day six days a week
>and as a first exercise
user, I...
>deadlift twice and as the last exercise
>165kgx5 and that's it
user, I....
>allegedly benches three plates
user...
I simply won't believe those stats coupled with that moronic "routine"

>six days a week
*three days a week
>deadlift twice
*once
(the remark is the same anyway)

>Estimated max is true 1rm
lmao

>You shouldn't squat 3 days a week as the first exercise
lmao

>Deadlift shouldn't be the last exercise
lmao

I could post vids of me performing those lifts if you want

it could look like this

Attached: fit gs.png (700x600, 37K)

>super slow movement (10 seconds up, pause at peak contraction, 10 seconds down).

Fucking retarded. You wanna be big, you gotta lift big. You wanna lift big, you gotta lift FAST. See: muscleandstrength.com/articles/go-heavy-get-explosive-grow-bigger.html

There's a reason why top strength athletes tend to have massive vertical leaps (Jonnie Candito can dunk at 5'7") and competitive sprints up to about 100 meters. Getting big without getting strong only happens with massive amounts of steroids. You have to EXPLODE. If you can't get the fast twitch fibers firing, you are a fucking GDE and should stick to marathons

I like the look of the camb push pull routine, but who is he?

Attached: 1520554760906.jpg (2544x1850, 1.79M)

So I've been going 3 days a week for the past 2 and a half months, I've been going up in most of my lifts apart from deadlifts, gone up to 70 in Bench for reps from like 50, I only weigh 74 kilos. But I can't deadlift for shit, I literally can only do 60 for 6 reps, I feel so exhausted and weak everytime I do them, I don't know if I have poor form but I just haven't gone up in it. I used to be quite good at them a few years ago, but I also had the same problem, I was doing about 80 for 8 reps, but I hated the effort of high reps, now I can't even do low reps for weaker weight. Should I drop down to 40 and just do high reps and slowly build my way up, I'm only deadlifting once a week for 6 sets, Just can't understand how I can find it easier to Bench more than I can deadlift when my weight is so low.

This is the routine I'm doing. Just replaced back squats with front and I added 2x10 leg raises.

day starts with 5m on the bike
using a Starting Strength modeled warmup before I begin the working sets

ABABAxx

A - heavy
pullups 3x? (currently at 4, slowly increasing number daily)
Bench 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
OHP 3x5
Squat 3x5

B - lighter
pullups 3x? (currently at 4, slowly increasing number daily)
Bench 3x12
Squat 3x12
OHP 3x12

I've been just learning correct form, just got gym membership last week after 2 months of dumbbells/calisthenics at home
is this routine too much for a beginner?
might just do deadlifts on Monday & Friday
at the end of my first week my lifts were
>bench 1pl8 3x5
>deadlift 205 1x5 (successfully completed 2pl8 for 1 rep at the end, didn't want to tax myself too much in case poor form)
>OHP 95 3x5
>squat 1pl8 3x5
all completed on Friday
my squat form really needs help, can't figure out how to properly rest the bar in high or low position
friend also said I wasn't going low enough, looks like I'm parallel with the floor but not dipping my hip under my knee

Thinking about starting with that routine, but the "extra" armwork might be too much for me to recover from? I dunno

Also 1x DL/week is enough? I don't care about powerlifting or anything like that

started at 183. felt bloated and have bad love handles. just want be reach ~12%bf and recomp for a while

Progress weight every day, back-off as necessary

Monday

Incline Pause Bench Press 3x5
Bench Press 3×5
Pec Deck 4×15
Triceps Pushdown 3×20
Shrugs 5×12+
Dumbbell Upright Row 3×10
Face Pulls 3×15
Machine Preacher Curl 3×10
Hammer Curl 3×10
Dips 3×AMRAP

Tuesday

Dips 3xAMRAP
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 3×15-30
Incline Dumbbell Flyes 2x12
Elbows-Out Extensions 3×8
High Pulls 5×2
Farmer Walks 5×30-60s
Reverse Pec Deck 3×15
EZ-Bar Curl 3×8
Incline Curls 3×12
Russian Twist 3×50

Wednesday, progress with 2.5 upper / 5 lower

Barbell Squat 3x5
Deadlift 3x5
Bench Press 3x5
OHP 3x5

Thursday

Paused Overhead Press 3x5
Reverse Grip Bench Press 3×5
Pec Deck 3×10
Reverse Pushdowns 3×20
Barbell Shrug 5×15
Dumbell Pullovers 3×10
Alternate Curls 3×10 (each arm)
Barbell Curl 3×50

Friday

Incline Close Grip Bench Press 3x5
Arnold Press 4×8
Pec Deck 3×10
Overhead Barbell Extension 3×8
Seated Barbell/Dumbbell Shrugs With 3s Squeeze 4×12
Cable Upright Row 4×10
Half Rep Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3×10
Machine Preacher Curl 3×12
Cable Curl 3×15

Attached: 09d.png (400x400, 126K)

you won't post anything simply because you're a larper and an underage faggot, those "lmao" are telling us everything already.

You'll be fine. I'm running it AxBxAxx one week then BxAxBxx the next so I dl 3 times every two weeks though.

full body is the most retarded meme ever. useful only for maintenance of total beginners.
Sadly piece of shit like you feel seems to enjoy trolling noobs while frogposting.

retarded and ineffective, you are not getting enough volume in 2/3 of the training days in any relevant muscle group and you're only straining yourself to hell and back
autismo but nice
I'm going to hack into your PC and delete that obnoxious ancient memetic jpeg
>OHP after pullups, bench and deadlift
1x5 deadlift strikes again
good luck with OHP after all that
you are not getting enough volume in any major muscle group
meme, good for beginners
>Incline pause
meme
too many random exercises with random rep ranges
1x5 is still totally ineffective if you're not a beginner
I'd rather respect more replacing it with rack pulls and trying some few fucking more sets

full body is the most retarded meme ever. useful only for maintenance, or for total beginners.
Sadly pieces of shit like you seem to enjoy trolling noobs while frogposting so much.

Did you really delete your post to add a comma lol.

no, I've corrected few more typos
thanks for the contribution anyway

The last two quotes I made of you were lmaoing at you cause you don't even know about Texas Method.

>you are not getting enough volume in 2/3 of the training days
>Implying you don't need a balance between volume and intensity

>no vids
what a surprise
>texas
shut the fuck up already, that's not memetexas.

>balance between volume and intensity
you still need volume, but it seems you've read some blog post rather than documenting yourself on NSCA or academic sources.
Besides, you're adding squat+bb row+bench+pull ups + random "pump sets"+occasional random deadlifts
the 5RM for squats is ~87% 1RM so at least twice it's too taxing for all the subsequent exercises
10RM at 50% for both bb row and bench is taxing pretty much as 85% on 5RM
you're hitting everything, and you're hitting everything inefficiently
not that you're here to get some informed opinions or change your mind it seems
I've stumbled upon >>Estimated max is true 1rm
>lmao
your estimated (not working, not conservative, but estimated) 1RM should be pretty much close to your real 1RM; btw, traditional formulas tend to undershoot the real 1RM for big muscle groups (-9% in deadlift and -%1 in squat, more or less, and if using Wathen; other formulas undershoot more)
so, your real 1RM should be higher than your estimated one, unless you've practiced some more adjustments
if you know for a fact that you can't bench 3pl8s, something is odd. using a conservative 1RM is ok but you're using conservative RM on a conservative RM, and chances are that your "max effort" (85%~90% on 5 reps) is your actual ~98%5RM max.

I never said it was Texas Method. I was lmaoing cause Texas Method has you squatting first 3x week, and Deadlifting as the last exercise, which is the same as what I'm doing.

And what about this >No vids
I said I could if you want, but nobody said they wanted me to, so why would I?
But since you asked so nicely, here's me doing 72.5kg OHP 1x5 streamable.com/44ipy
115kg Bench 1x5 streamable.com/uk5dp
152.5kg Squat 1x5 streamable.com/yzhw8
180kg Deadlift 1x5 streamable.com/iqt5g
I dropped the deadlift 5rm weight cause I was losing form at 180kg.

First, I watched all the videos from T3DMJ on the Training Pyramid, then I watched various youtubers like Brian Alsruhe on training and programming, I read through Stronger By Science, and also read various other sources on training.
As for the 'too taxing' 5rm's, I am able to complete subsequent exercises, and progress on squats, therefore they are not too taxing.
As for the 10rm's at 50%, I am able to complete them with ease also, therefore they are not 'too taxing'. In fact, I upped the weight for my 10rm on Bench Press by 5kg last week cause it was just too easy.
The deadlifts are not random. They are there, just as in Texas Method.

The most I've ever benched was 137.5kg, and my previous 1rm when I tested was 135kg, cause I had lost strength, not on this program though.

>>OHP after pullups, bench and deadlift
what would you recommend for more volume then, because it looks similar to the Greyskull in the OP, except with more volume?
maybe if I did bench 2 days, OHP 2 days, bench last day...

Used to do GSLP for a while, got good gains, then had to move.
I don't have a lot of time to workout, what I like about GSLP is it gets me in and out of the gym, fast, thrice per week. Perfect.
New gym near my place has no squat rack and no proper barbells.
Any dumbbell-based routine you guys can recommend that I can do for full-body workouts thrice a week?

>Brian Alsruhe
I can tell since the memetic bb rows+bench, yep. None of what you cited is academic, albeit training pyramid (not the videos, the actual book) is close to that. Still, you fucked up somehow.
>As for the 'too taxing' 5rm's, I am able to complete subsequent exercises, and progress on squats, therefore they are not too taxing.
Therefore, you're wasting your training sessions, given your claim that you can complete 4+ compounds so close to their intended RM.
>As for the 10rm's at 50%, I am able to complete them with ease also, therefore they are not 'too taxing'. In fact, I upped the weight for my 10rm on Bench Press by 5kg last week cause it was just too easy.
Same as above.
>The deadlifts are not random. They are there, just as in Texas Method.
That's not the Texas Method (which, by the way, is horrible), and 1x5 once a week close to 5RM is a waste.

You're confirming that you're not here to change your mind, nor to get any feed back. Good luck with that

> intensity
> volume
how about something based on gzclp?
tier1 main lift 3x5 (i.e squat)
tier2 main lift 3x12 (i.e bench)
tier3 accessory rows 3x8-12 (i.e pulldown)
optional1: compound body weight 3x8-12 (i.e dips)
optional2: 1-2 isolation 4x8-12 (i.e curls, abs, etc)

The next day, tier2 becomes tier1 and viceversa. Rinse and repeat for OHP and diddly.
Change tier3/optional lifts to match tier1 lift.

So basically you're saying that if it was too taxing, I'm doing it wrong, and since it's not too taxing, I'm doing it wrong.

Thanks.

And now you're saying that a tried and true powerlifting routine such as the Texas Method is written by retards as well.

>You're confirming that you're not here to change your mind, nor to get any feed back. Good luck with that
Why would I trust the advice of some random internet weeb who thinks he knows better than someone who's done Olympic WEightlifting for over 2 decades, and has a masters degree in the field?

Yeah ok mate

It's funny, you got so defensive 'cause I've invited you to document yourself on reputable academic or NCSA-approved sources. Do whatever you want mate, it can't be helped. You'll find a way to dumb down everything I post and compliment yourself for nothing. I'm not here to convince anyone, as long as you can convince yourself everyone is fine. You're here only to insult everyone commenting on something you posted for feedback. Good luck and adios
>maybe if I did bench 2 days, OHP 2 days, bench last day...
or you know, something like
A1 B1
A2 B2
A3
A1 = start with bench
the goal is chest, so you add incline db bench with db or flyes or some accessory
then you hit shoulders
A2 = start with OHP
the goal are shoulders and deltoids, therefore you then add incline bench or db lat raises/front raises and so
then you hit chest
on A3 I'd actually start with squat or deadlifts

I didn't realize that the only sources you can ever get useful information on was reputable academic or NCSA-approved sources.

I'm insulting retardedness where retardedness is present. You're the one who's only here to shove their own brand of advice into peoples faces, and then tell them to cite only sources from certain areas if they want to refute it. You called Texas Method a horrible program, but I didn't see you citing any NCSA sources to back that up.

Push
>3x5 Flat Bench
>3x12 OHP
>3x12 Push Downs
>2x12 Machine Flys, with 15 push ups in between
>3x10 Machine Rows
>2x12 Barbell Tricep Extensions
>3x8 Decline Bench Dumbell
>2x20 Dips

Legs
>3x8 Squats
>2x20 Cable Crunches
>3x8 Front Squats
>3x10 Hip Thrusts
>3x10 Seated Calf Raises
>3x10 Romanian Diddly
>2x20 Leg Raises

Pull
>2x10 Concentration Curls
>3x8 Diddly
>3x10 Barbell Curls
>3x12 Pull Ups
>2x12 Preacher Curls
>3x10 Lat Pulldowns
>3x8 Hammer Curls
>3x10 Cable Rows

Could stand to add a couple more, but just looking for someone to rate my routine.

so just switch the order of my routine every heavy day, and add some more accessories to hit the first group of muscles targeted...
>bench
>incline bench
>flys
>ohp
>squat
something like that?

>I'm insulting retardedness where retardedness is present.
Only cry-babies insult even more to get some spoon-feeding. It's too late now. The Texas Method was just an obiter dictum and you're not doing the Texas Method (nor a variation of it), so you're nagging for the sake of it. I've spent enough words for you already. If you want to document yourself about both minimal necessary training volume to elicit a muscle response and RM formulas, get a copy of the NSCA Essential Strength Training Fourth Edition and the Training Pyramid book (but possibly get the J. of Strength and Conditioning papers on which some of the arguments are based, you may get those even if you aren't enrolled in a university via sci-hub and similar sites). You're not getting any help from me, nor that you're interested in that.
>You're the one who's only here to shove their own brand of advice into peoples faces
Fuck off my dear.
Exercise ordering is fundamental, OHP and Bench tend to negatively impact each other. I'd attempt to always hit 12x3+5x5 or 12x3+12x3 or something like that targeting that desired muscle group. Given that it's a beginner routine targeting everything you could start with squat more often and halve the above mentioned volume for the target "aesthetic" muscle groups in order to favour CNS and neuromuscular adaptations. You just got a gym membership last week, right? Don't be afraid to squat and deadlift. Consider that the program you used as a "base" wasn't intended for that frequency

Would someone take a look at this? I'm trying to make a barbell only PPL, with the weights and the little equipment I have at home.

I have had to substitute some of the exercises and I'm not sure if it's balanced or practical anymore. Ignore the listed weight, they are left over from the old template.

Attached: help.png (1244x235, 55K)

that's nice, I'd do more real rows if possible. it's not clear if you have a rack (maybe you have a rack but not a bench?) rack pulls would be a nice alternative for pull days
on ppl anyway you're supposed to go for a frequency like PPLPPLx, or you'll be hitting each muscle group only once a week

Yeah, I was going to explain odd equipment setup but it's confusing. Right now I use jackstands to load on my floor press and I have a set of study saw horses I use as stands to bottom up squat with. It's stupid, but it works until I get something better.

I may do bent over rows one week and inverted the next, but you're right. I just really like the inverted row. You mean substitute the deadlift on pull days for rackpulls? Same 1x5+ or more volume?

sturdy saw horses* Fug

>You mean substitute the deadlift on pull days for rackpulls? Same 1x5+ or more volume?
if you insert rack pulls, you definitively want to go way heavier and you can definitively add more volume for your back. on leg days you'll want then to trade that 3x12 romanian deadlift with a more tradition deadlift (less sets, less reps)
calf raises are pretty much a meme, running uphill on cardio days is more beneficial imho
shrugs and something targeting traps explicitly would be a nice addition maybe
the setup is not stupid, props to you for elaborating something like that to work out

>tradition
*traditional
>less
*fewer
gotta sleep a little

No worries, I should sleep as well. Thanks for the advice.

Guys, I ONLY have access to dumbells and a pullup up bar. I'm too poor for a gym membership or home gym.

Is there any decent dumbell only routines?

Attached: funny-sporty-fit-man-lifting-light-dumbbell-weight-young-muscular-FKJ855.jpg (1300x1064, 105K)

Senpaitachi im travelling this spring break guve me a good beginner bodyweight or calisthenics routine that i can do without equipment.

Attached: 1520666480662.png (843x471, 342K)

Doing this but with 5/3/1 progression and bbb sets on the main lifts. Is this retarded? The reason I do it is because I can't progress linearly anymore but still like this program.

Attached: do_this_one.png (700x600, 19K)

Check out scoobys website. He got some home-workout plans.

Some user posted this a week or so back and it seemed okay to me. just wanted to see other peoples thoughts on it in case I have no idea

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 10.16.50 pm.png (263x239, 29K)

>lifting heavy weights
>train full body 3 times a week
>useless
Why I know you don't even lift

Attached: brainlet.jpg (1129x1200, 118K)

>I don't have a lot of time to workout, what I like about GSLP is it gets me in and out of the gym, fast, thrice per week. Perfect.
>Any dumbbell-based routine you guys can recommend that I can do for full-body workouts thrice a week?
Just use dumbbell variants, why change routine if it works

Attached: 300-Workout-dumbbells-deadlift.jpg (459x461, 35K)

Is this good for an intermediate lifter? I made it myself and want some feedback/criticism.
The cleans i mostly do for fun, not for any big strength or hypotrophy benefits

Attached: program 2.png (503x691, 21K)

If u read the book u know you can drop first or both x5 sets if you want and hit only amraps. Or just deload and hit higher rep maxes. What you should do is rotating your lifts
>ohp > push press
>bench > incline bench
>squat > front squat
>deadlift > rack pull
Or whatever you want use

>I'll alternate frogposting with wojacks
Get a load of this fucking idiot. You don't know shit about lifting heavy. You stumbled upon GSLP and you're drooling all over it, spewing bullshits while recommending it to literally anyone.

>Ab-crunch
the crunch machine? Pretty much a meme, raised planks/dragon flags are more effective.
>20 reps on smaller muscle groups like tris and biceps
I'd prefer to keep it in the 12, max 15 rep range, eventually supersetting them if you're really going to target them together
On light day you're isolating lateral delts and rear delts, with a good enough volume, that's not so "light"; yet again, you're not taking that opportunity to hit anterior delts with e.g. front raises, you're hitting ant delts only on "volume day" with incl bench and on "heavy day" with OHP. I think that you could boost OHP if you hit the ant delts specifically. You placed "(shoulders opt)" on "Volume day", you may want to add something like front raises there maybe

Info: 22, male, 75kg, 172cm (manlet F)

So, my current program is:
>Running 3-5km to warm-up.
>Sitting Bench Press - 91kg, 5x5
>Flyes - 70kg, 5x5
>Cable rope pull down - 23kg, 5x5
>Cable rope overhead tricep extension - 43kg, 5x5
>Leg press Hamstring - 105kg, 5x3
>Leg press Qiadroceps - 100kg, 5x2

- Superset -
>Barbell curl - 25kg, 5x5
>Barbell shoulder press - 25kg, 5x3
>Upright row - 25kg, 5x2
>Pull ups - 75kg, 5x1
>Behind the back wrist curls - 27.5kg, 5x5
>Back extension - 10x3
>Sit ups - 30 to 50x2

And lastly, Seated cable row 51kg 5x5 to chill from the superset.

Leddit told me I was a fucking retard, are they correct?
I got told to look at their wiki and their programs only list programs to do 3 days a week, I need to exercise at least 5.

You guys have suggestions?
I am going exlusively for strength.

>inb4 Leddit

>im butt hurted and mad
How's you life m8?

Attached: 1513520597492.png (128x112, 8K)

Question about this program regarding the warmup sets and general sets
What does 2x5, 1x5+ mean? And how much weight should I use on the warmup sets?

Attached: 1515277267742.png (1398x925, 644K)

>Running pre-workout
ok, it's "only" 3-5 km, yet it may be too much. I'd rather place it on a different day
>leg press hams
>leg press quads
just fucking squat and go for a rack pull/romanian deadlift maybe?
>barbell curl
but why, don't you have dumbbells? preacher curls aside, dbs are superior for forearms/biceps
and 5x5 on biceps is pretty much wrong
>upright row
pls spare your shoulders
>behind the back wrist curl
unnecessary complicated, effective anyway
>back extensions
>sit ups
hammering the lumbar region for no reason at all
That's not a strength program at all, you're hitting everything with insufficient volume
also no diddlies, no squat, no rows, and a meme bench press machine
trash it, start over and don't do the same shit every time you hit the gym with the same exercise ordering and rep ranges

>What does 2x5, 1x5+ mean? And how much weight should I use on the warmup sets?
Brother did you even read it? You do three sets, first and second are 5 reps. At third you do as many reps as you can. Your body tells you how many warmup sets u need. I use something like that
>barbell x10
>50% of working set x5
>70% 2x5
>80% x5
>90% x3
>95% x3
>97% x2

when you see a "plus" it generally means that you should try to get more reps if possible. It could be translated into "do three sets, five repetitions each, on the last set try to go for same more reps"
>>barbell x10
% of working set x5
% 2x5
% x5
% x3
% x3
% x2
what the fucking hell is this supposed to be.

>what the fucking hell is this supposed to be.
That's warmup bruh. First you hit empty barbell, then 50% of your set and go up and up. U hit your working set without warming?

>And how much weight should I use on the warmup sets?
I generally do one set within the same rep range of the main exercise, but at 35~45% of the training load. For example, let's say that the 12RM is 100 kg, and my working set is 3x12. The warmup is 35kg-40kg x 12. That's it, unless I'm going to test close to 1RM or 3RM (then I'll follow more of a "ladder" warm up)

50% x5 reps, 70% x10 reps, 80% x5 reps, 90% x3 reps, 95% x3 reps, 97% x2 reps
you've accumulated the same volume of ~21 reps of your working set already. If you're going for a 5x5, you've almost doubled your volume for the exercise.
Gradual warmups are a thing (usually in the range of the equivalent of 5~9 reps of the working set), but that's just too much. Unless you're testing your 1RM or something.

Put your compounds before accessories. Don't do curls then pulldowns. Do pull-downs then curls. Otherwise your lats will be held back by your biceps being fatigued. Even better, why cuurls before deadlifts? Same for abs then front squats and RDLs, why?

Your program sucks copy someone else's, preferably someone that knows wtf they're doing. You've also fallen for meme rep ranges that'll prevent you from ever getting to a weight that might let you gain muscle

Oh god, you are right. I try lower warmups next time

Attached: 1424628392181.jpg (515x600, 27K)

Thanks homies

Why the fuck would you lower volume and hope that creates any progress beyond tapering already built upon strength. 531 is the superior option here, swapping out lifts is not. Conjugate has repetition days for volume for a reason.

regarding warmups for barbell movements, considering lifts above 1 plate:
empty bar: x10
bar + x up to 25% of working weight: x5
idem but up to 50%: x3
and up to 75%: x1

Don't want to lift a lot before working sets.

Has anyone tried Mad cow 5x5 before? I'm about to hit 1/2/3/4 thanks to SL and am gonna progress soon and that's the routine that they reccommend on the website.

can someone critique my self made plan?
I've been lifting rather seriously for the past month and only really put this together this week.
5x5 OHP dumbells
5x5 Deadlift
5x10 Dumbbell press
5x5 Goblet Squat
5x10 bent over dumbbell rows
5x10 bicep curls
2x20 push ups
5x 1 min plank
2x5 pull up
10 chin ups to end
thoughts? I have made visible progress and I'm feeling pretty good about it

forgot to mention that this is 5 days a week generally

A: compounds 5x5 isolation 4x8
B: all 4x8-12

Push

Bench
OHP
Skull crusher's
Dumbbell fly
Triceps extension
Ft side raises
OH triceps extension
Seated pushdown superset with:
Dips 4xfailure
Hand release push ups 4xfailure

Pull

DL
Barbell row
Dumbbell mid row
Shrugs
Lateral pull downs
21s
Preacher curls
Hammer curl's
Chin ups 4xfailure
Pull ups 4x failure

Legs

Squat
Lunge
Curls n extensions

195lb
Bench 225 3x5
OHP 135 1rm (old pr can prolly get 3x5)
Squat 2.5 plate 4x5

someone please fucking help me i am a goddamn retard

i do back and leg work on a friends house who has barbbells but i only got dumbbells at my home

is this at least ok for the muscles mentioned?

A chest biceps

dumbbell press
db press close grip
db flyes
regular curls
hammer curls
concentration curls

B shoulders triceps

tricep press
standing extension
kickback
shoulder press
lateral raises
reverse flyes

AxBxAxx BxAxBxx

im gonna join a proper gym but i have to wait till june

I'd like to do the same thing everyday, hence why I "only do 3-5km"

>leg press
Will look into it

>Barbell curl
Yeah my gym got tons of barbells, I am just a retard with them, explain and help me /fitbro/

>Upright row
What else should I do?

>BTBWC
Complicated? It's piss easy and it hurts like a bit on the last set, pretty gud though.

How would you recommend a program then? Since I got no clue.

5'11", 185lbs, 30yo, lifting for ~10 mo

Day A: Chest + Arms
1. Bench Press, 5x5, 190 lbs
2. Dumbbell OHP, 5x5, 50 lbs
3. Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extension, 5x10, 25 lbs
4. Dumbbell Curl, 5x10, 35 lbs

Day B: Legs + Back
1. Zercher Squat, 5x5, 135 lbs
2. Bent Over Row, 5x5, 165 lbs
3. Romanian Deadlift, 5x5, 225 lbs
4. Standing Calf Raises, 10x20, holding two 50 lb dumbbells

Looked into it, will try out the Romanian Deadlift and Rack pull instead of the leg press tomorrow, any more suggestions are appreciated.

anyone?