Anyone here go on the ketogenic diet?

Anyone here go on the ketogenic diet?

Did it help with any health issues?

Attached: KetogenicDietCover-1024x760.png (1024x760, 543K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8nHhdHm3wgo
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the only way to lose weight if you're insulin resistant. yes, the brain prefers ketones as it prefers BHoB. takes time to get adapted, months.

Cool. Yes I've heard diabetics having reversal of symptoms 6 months after starting.

It happens way quicker than that but yeah even 6 months would be amazing

i lost 50 pounds rather quickly doing it and didn't have any health issues

I'm a college student who lives at home so i had to go off of it to save money and let me tell you, that's the worst part. my weight loss has stalled hard the last 3 weeks and it's killing me because i have 20 more pounds to go before i hit my goal

I'm on keto and I feel like I have more energy and I feel less bloated after I eat. Also I spend less time eating and I enjoy my meals. I'm only doing it for my cut, when I get to the weight I want I'm going back to eating balanced food but for now it seems like dieting on easy mode

That's odd, I just feel worn down all the time when on keto

2.5 years on dat dere ketotrain. Dropped 115+ lbs while gaining muscle mass, so probably more fat loss than that. Some of the side effects:

1) Whereas it used to take me ~1 hour to fall asleep at night, it's now more like 10-15 minutes.
2) No more cavities or gum inflammation.
3) My blood triglycerides dropped to 35 and my HDL went up to ~78
4) I only get facial acne now if I forget to wash my face before bed
5) Asthma went away, though that might have been a result of the weight loss.
6) I used to get sick with the cold/flu 4-5 times a year, now I can't remember I got sick enough to miss work. Sometimes I notice that my nose is runny for a day or two, but that's the only evidence that I might be sick, i.e. no other symptoms like fatigue.

E L E C T R O L Y T E S

How long have you been on it? And you may need to eat more fat. It takes a while to be adapted but once you are it's better. Also I don't get sleepy from insulin spikes

How can you possibly get that much fat without anything else without guzzling cooking oil?

drinking oil is a meme, just eat high fat low carb foods like macadamia nuts, eggs, fatty steak, avocado, etc.

You shouldn't be getting sleepy from insulin spikes idiot, that's a sign of resistance

1.eat a bunch of carbs
2. Insulin spikes in response
3. Insulin causes muscle and fat cells to increase uptake of blood glucose
4. Blood sugar drops quickly
5. Blood sugar is now low, resulting in light drowsiness and fatigue
6. Over the next few minutes to hour, blood sugar is regulated back to normal levels

Suck my peepee

2.5 months into keto now, lost about 10kg, 3" from waist
strength is still at 1rm 2/3/4/5, so i'm rather happy

I mainly cut on keto, to "reset" insulin sensitivity so to speak.
when you bulk, you get ALOT of carbs, and i feel like i make better gains if i did a couple months of keto before bulking

Must suck to have such a genetically garbage body that you can't eat the body's preferred fuel source without crashing like a bitch huh

Post body pics you genetic overlord

am 54.. have had belly fat for 20 years, go on keto, lose some belly fat also crushing fatigue is largely replaced by tolerable energy levels. did a pretty strict keto for 11 weeks then shifted upward on proteins still shunning carbs like poison aside from some things like Qunioa, Brown Rice and Buckwheat. Pizza and calzones, ice creams and anything with added sugars are verboten.

Lost 20kg in 6 months on keto. It works but shit just got expensive and I lost a lot of strength. Also I took a crap maybe twice a week

Your turn dudeio

Attached: Snapchat-1971357868.jpg (1080x1920, 306K)

>pretty lean, but no real size, just look at (fore)arms
>faggy hair
>faggy necklace
topkek

this, holy kek

Not even him but that dude has a body within the top 0.5 percentile of the male population. Don't be a faggot, post your pic.

I'll take the
>Nopic
As a concession, stay safe love u

I'm 6'3" and 290 right now, what should I be doing for exercise? trying to fix my low back before I start doing any gym stuff, hoping losing the weight will help with it.

>tfw no chin

I've never done it for longer than a month but heres what I noticed from doing it a couple times:

1. skin becomes incredibly clear/good looking
2. you feel really tired for the first 2 weeks but not really foggy, just kind of tired
3. you notice how much foggier your brain is on carbs
4. I would say my mood elevated a bit
5. cardio becomes brutal, I bike a lot and a normal ride for me is 40-80 miles. Doing 15-20 miles in keto is absolutely brutal. Lifting isn't that bad but does suffer.
6. the diet sucks and you get sick of it really fast
7. less bloated feeling after eating
8. you shed body fat very fast
9. your mouth feels clean all the time, no gunk build up in the morning
10. maybe less anxiety
11. start having dreams again and better sleep, I never remember dreams when eating carbs, I would get really vivid dreams on keto

I think it is not a meme and is probably the best diet out there, too bad it really sucks to stick with.

me on the right

Would you recommend running it at intervals? Like do keto for 1 month, then go off for 2 weeks, then back on etc? Or just continuously run it?

so i mean how can you mantain getting muscle, how much meat are you consiuming that you are gaining? what does a breakfast look like?

The benefits of ketosis come from being in a ketogenic state. Cycling it is stupid. Do it for a few weeks to ascend to BHB godhood if you want sure — do it for a few months for full muscle adaptation to ketones

I've done it twice. The only advantage it has over a regular diet is the hunger suppression.

Just noticed, damn this is my favorite pic now

>the only way to lose weight if you're insulin resistant
Total bullshit.

I don't know, I know carb cycling of 4 days keto 2 days carb is a thing. Every time I've done that I stop the diet.

For endurance sports I think it might make sense to maybe to 1 month keto then 2 weeks carb though, where you you would schedule 4 weeks of endurance training on keto and then 2 weeks of build where you focus on interval work to build power.
Anyone who says they do competitive endurance sports in keto is a liar. You lose so much power.

And 24/7 steady blood sugar, hence constant energy and no crashes or sleepiness throughout the day. And nootropic effect from BHB uptake by the brain. And less oxidative stress due to minimal glycation. And anti-catabolic effects of the diet. And etc.

>the only way to lose weight if you're insulin resistant
This is what fatties actually believe

post your picture

I love keto because it keeps me away from sugar. If I have sugar at all during the day I have a constant hunger for more. It's pathetic but I can't control myself. But for some reason when I have a reason to avoid it, it becomes something my little willpower can regulate. I've lost 100lb on keto. I was a fat fug.

OP here, have you tried pulsing the regimen?

"Fat For Fuel" by Dr. Mercola has a supposed solution to the fatigue that cycles in carbs on 6-7 day intervals after the body has converted to being in ketosis. They should obviously be healthy carbs with increased protein. He calls it Mitochondrial Metabolic Therapy and I think there is merit to doing keto this way.

Say what you will, I'd fuck him.

No homo

Attached: 1517686041915.jpg (396x425, 108K)

I'm on keto for 6 months now. Feel better than ever, stronger and leaner. I eat as much as i want whenever I want. Skin is cleaner, and haven't had a single sick day. Also, groceries are much cheaper.

Did I say Keto? I meant Vegan. Eating mostly fat is a terrible idea.

I heard that on keto you could fuck up your liver

I only eat breakfast on days after I lift, otherwise I fast till dinner. Breakfast looks like 3-4 eggs scrambled with cheese and a whey protein shake with some peanut powder and coconut or MCT oil. Dinner is usually chicken, beef, pork, sardines, or some other fish with some sides like spinach or broccoli, and some nuts like almonds, pecans, walnuts or macadamias. Usually another whey or casein shake before bed. Desert is a 1oz square of 100% cocoa unsweetened chocolate, which tastes pretty good once you're used to not eating sugar after a while.

If I'm eating out I'll usually get roasted asparagus or brussel sprouts. A little bit of green/red/yellow peppers and onions is OK too.

Care to elaborate?

>Eating mostly fat is a terrible idea.

Care to elaborate?

It's a slippery slope into an eating disorder usually. Folks get too into the macro counting and calorie tracking and fall into heavier and heavier restriction. Just stick to the general low carb rule and don't fall for the meme that going over 20 carbs will immediately render you a paraplegic or some shit

I heard it's healthy to eat 6 meals a day :^)

>It's a slippery slope into an eating disorder usually.

I never considered this possibility. But I think going on keto could help the OCD so my possibility of getting neurotic about this shit would cancel out.

carbs are amazing, that's probably the hardest

post pic pls?

Sure did. Losing weight pretty steadily, 10 lbs a month although it's starting to slow. The main thing about it is it's smoothed out my energy levels, no more massive dips and spikes and hence my mood is a lot better. I work a swing shift schedule as well, which is hell for consistency in that.

Attached: tmp_27291-Screenshot_20180222-165705214515642740974196.png (1080x1920, 1.24M)

Steak, egg, avocado, nuts, cheese you faggot

He probably means fatty liver disease

Sounds like an unfounded claim that going into ketosis would be a main contributor to FLD.

Anyone know if it affects muscle mass negatively?

you might be alergic to gluten which is making your nose clog up during the night, causing you to mouth breathe during the night(causing the morning gunk).
Try mouth taping. It worked for me both for bad breath and feeling tired in the morning.
youtube.com/watch?v=8nHhdHm3wgo

It worked, but there's NO WAY to do it forever if you're not a rich celebrity. You will put all the weight back on. Just eat less bread. It will accomplish almost the same thing but you can keep it up.

Vegans continue to be the most obnoxious fags on Earth.

>brain prefers ketones
>is literally always dependent on glucose, and mental performance suffers the less glucose you have available

can these retards die already

>You will put all the weight back on. Just eat less bread. It will accomplish almost the same thing but you can keep it up.
This is retarded and plain wrong, although I will agree keto is not something to do 'forever'

>No more cavities or gum inflammation.
This is quite possibly the best thing you listed that is actually realistic.
I always suffered from cavities and bleeding gums as a child to even this day, I never tried treating my tooth health with a ketogenic diet though.

BHB provides more energy per unit of oxygen used in metabolism. It *may* be a superior source of fuel. Even if it's not, BHB makes you feel stimmed as fuck -- alert, minus all the jitters and anxiety.

Does keto really up your intelligence overall?
This is a wild claim made by those who sell keto based products and supplements.

nice chest, doll face

Supposedly a ketogenic diet is, and has been used as for thousands of years, a good way to deal with epilepsy.

It helps if you're underweight due to Crohn's or gastroptosis too.

that it's the ONLY way is BS, but it is the easiest.

for me that was a nice extra after recovering from Crohn's. I hadn't even considered my teeth, but they're much smoother, much less buildup, last visit to dentist showed zero new cavities.

how does one bulk, or grow, on keto?
seems like you need to bulk with carbs, then you can maintain on keto after you reach your goals

pls respond

CICO

It's not as easy without calorie-dense junk, but it's doable. Eat more than you think you need to.

Attached: 145b48a1eb212c3f0ca8f4bea912b674.jpg (1280x1793, 842K)

is there any data on building muscle whilst on keto? I've been cutting with keto for a year and I'm still getting stronger

There was a study where they administered a ketogenic diet to elite gymnasts. They lost significant bodyfat and somehow gained a small but significant amount of muscle as well

This. The only time I would ever try Keto seriously is when I am absolutely done with ALL college work and am in a steady employment position where I don't have to be very mentally sound at most times.

Until then I will keep supplying my brain with glucose to keep it performing its best.