Potassium

I read the adult daily recommended intake of potassium is 4,700mg per day.

There is no way anybody consumes that much potassium in their daily diet. For example, the only foods I ate with potassium today were two chicken breasts (358mg of potassium each) and broccoli (468mg) which put me at a 1,184mg.

Who here actually consumes the daily recommended amount of potassium? What are the problems if you don't get enough potassium? Should I supplement with potassium?

Attached: High-potassium-foods.jpg (1000x683, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00UI9F01C/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/sugar-guideline/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Cronometer says I'm getting 5,300mg of potassium daily
are you even eating?

Dumbass

Attached: Screenshot_20180310-111229.png (1080x1920, 231K)

what did you eat that gave you so much potassium?

get more zinc

Ik pal I usually do

Attached: Screenshot_20180310-112755.png (1080x1920, 175K)

eat more bananas retard

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (371x185, 14K)

>He eats 7 bananas a day

that's probably the minimum desu. A good day is 10 or more, 15 at most

Are you a chimp?

I wish I could fit 600 to 1,300 calories of banana into my daily diet. I admire you.

Das raysis maine

>10 bananas
>63 grams of sugar
>144 grams of starch

Beetus?

>There is no way anybody consumes that much potassium in their daily diet
Your diet is just shit. I usually hit at least 6g in a day.

Beans, vegetables, fruits, and sweet potatoes.

No. Just black

Bananas are THE perfect food for distance running

fuck off ketard you don't know how diabetes works

>running a marathon, start to feel like I'm about to hit the wall
>pull a banana out of my ass and peel it, revealing a the perfectly clean flesh
>with the power of the potassium and carbs I finish my run
I agree

I buy this .. Potassium Citrate

amazon.com/gp/product/B00UI9F01C/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

its about 3:1 critic acid to K so if I scoop out 3g of the stuff I get about a gram of K.

Buy sodium free salt substitute, it's just potassium salt. I use it with regular salt and sugar free soda syrup to make electrolyte water for the gym.

>a gram of potassium
>25% of daily radiation allowance

Enjoy you gastrointestinal cancer

Attached: CRON-O-Meter 2014-12-08 02-31-16.png (746x1409, 128K)

>110 grams of sugar

Dude what

>fruit

mad props for 115g fiber in 2500 calories, what were the biggest sources?

why do you fail to understand what i clearly wrote in my post?

The powder is Potassium Citrate not pure elemental potassium.. the label says there is 99 mg of K per 270 mg of powder.. get it? a scoop of three grams of powder has about 1 gram of K I could take 9 grams of this powder and only get near the 4 grams of K per day K is K I also eat a lot of Miso

I get close on 1500kcal

Attached: Screenshot_20180310-151639.png (1080x1920, 160K)

P O T A T O E S
you niggers

This is what I eat. Kale and broccoli are great for potassium

Attached: Screenshot_20180310-151932.png (1080x1920, 160K)

>1500 calories
Are you cutting hard as fuck?

I supplement Potassium along with my Sodium because I'm a Ketofag.

I put 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp lite salt, and 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar in a bottle and sip on it.

Not the best tasting thing in the world, but not awful.

Lentils by far. A cup of cooked lentils is like 18g fiber.

Alright faggots instead of flexing your my fitness pal screenshots post some science on how it helps gains

It keeps your blood pressure low and normal.

Yeah. I'm a fat fuck who needs to lose another 30lbs or so.

Attached: 2018-02-07.jpg (800x1150, 109K)

>how does getting enough micros and being healthy helps you make gains
Gee, I don't fucking know.

Good on you then

I use NoSalt to salt all my shit

thanks for starting this m8. I've been racking my brain over this. I'm eating a high sodium diet because I can't cook for the next month or 2, so I've been looking for ways to mitigate any water retention. Drinking water and increasing potassium intake seem to be the only ways. Water I already drink alot, when I started calculating potassium, I find that I'm far below the daily intake. I started eating avocados (even though I'm trying to cut) and eating sweet potatoes with their skin. Idk how effective all this is yet since according to my digital scale my water weight keeps going up, who knows though.

Hell yeah bro, keep at it.

Amazing plug for your shit app. Veeky Forums is kilt.

>extreme distance runner Courtney Dauwalter
>drinks beer and eats nachos

>Dean Karnazes
>doesn't even mention bananas when talking about running food

Sure pal.

GOMAD!
Milk gives you all the potassium you need. A lot of other source will give you more kcal than potassium which may be a nuisance if you find it easy to gain weight.
Milk also gives you vitamin D, B and protein.

Also most people don't need 4700 mg/day as long as your healthy kidneys efficient at recycling and you don't sweat like a fat pig.

not eating potato with every meal

this, milk contains all the electrolytes in perfect ratio

the only two people iv known in real life that needed to go to the doctor because of a vitamin deficiency problem (which of course they didnt know until they went to the doc) found out that it was because of low potassium

Attached: dont let your girl read.jpg (970x388, 41K)

Potassiumlets will never understand the power of butternut squash.

Attached: oats.png (918x400, 668K)

Literally just eat fruits and veggies and you will get plenty of it.

Keep at it

>fruits and veggies
Even though it requires potassium to grow, making it an essential ingredient in fertilizer, the industry always try and develop strains that grows big and fast with as low requirement on the soil as possible.
Crop is mostly carbon dioxide and with genetic engineering you can make it grow more carbs (which makes for weight to sell) and less minerals (soil requirement) than ever.
So those traditional sources may not be a great choice if cutting.

how bout a daily multi?

>Chicken breasts
There's your problem, friendo.

Attached: Take the vegan pill.jpg (451x565, 67K)

Glad people are taking the potassium pill. It's crazy that we're supposed to consume so much more potassium than sodium yet nobody does.

Also, sorry but you didn't get that much from your chicken since potassium is water soluble and most of it is evaporated from the flesh or lost in the chicken liquid. I think humans just the get decent potassium mostly because they ate meat and fish raw.

Personally, I do a huge kale/baby spinach and a bit of blueberries in the morning, and a big salad of that in the afternoon with some avocado. I get around 2500 mgs from this, the rest I get from raw eggs, yogurt, and fish or steak cooked medium; I also stay in keto eating like this. Ever since I started meeting my daily Potassium intake I've felt amazing body benefits, it's like my muscles are perfectly synchronized with my brain and I barely feel muscle aches anymore the day after intense workouts.

>how bout a daily multi?
Can you provide a link to a multi that gives you at least 50% of potassium RDI ?

>100 grams of sugar

>I can cite two runners out of thousands and thousands that don't mention bananas in a 3 minute interview therefore no runner eats bananas case closed

Attached: 1500954903938.png (645x729, 70K)

who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/sugar-guideline/en/
>“We have solid evidence that keeping intake of free sugars to less than 10% of total energy intake reduces the risk of overweight, obesity and tooth decay,” says Dr Francesco Branca, Director of WHO’s Department of Nutrition for Health and Development.
>Free sugars refer to monosaccharides (such as glucose, fructose) and disaccharides (such as sucrose or table sugar) added to foods and drinks by the manufacturer, cook or consumer, and sugars naturally present in honey, syrups, fruit juices and fruit juice concentrates.

>>The WHO guideline does not refer to the sugars in fresh fruits and vegetables, and sugars naturally present in milk, because there is no reported evidence of adverse effects of consuming these sugars.

>Who here actually consumes the daily recommended amount of potassium?
I'm between 5000 and 9000 mg every day, just eat your god damn vegetables.

but u need dat chloride, not citrate