Is this book good or is it just a meme

is this book good or is it just a meme

Attached: 413_large_image.png (500x669, 303K)

Good if you want to be a powerlifter, meme if you want to look good. Anyone who says you need to do this before an aesthetic split is stupid, lying, or both.

If you are planning to have a long lifting career or approach lifting with any kind of seriousness then you should absolutely read the book.

The routine it self is pretty good and i recommend people do it as i did it and i got strength gains as well as muscle and i did not get fat.. The way i see it is why not do this routine if you are gonna lift? Its such a good introduction to lifting, it teaches you stick the routine, it teaches you how to progress, it teaches you how to grind, being a noob to lifting it also has enough volume for muscle hypertrophy. It will give you the fastest and best gains you'll ever experience in your life and when you are in the middle of it riding the gain train hard and getting stronger then half the gym in matters of months its totally awesome.

Sounds like i am trying to sell you the routine kek. But this is my take on it. I am glad i did it. The meme that its a bad routine is something inly newfags fall for.

You should read it but do gslp, you could stick with it years

>Is ss a meme

Attached: STARTING.png (500x669, 333K)

It is but the advice is horribly misguided. People who are new to lifting shouldn't even think about starting with a heavy compound minimalist routine. You are not able to accurately guage your ability as a beginner. First learn some basic calisthenics, become proficient at it then move to barbell work where SS becomes valuable. Then you have to decide whether or not you even want to focus on strength. Pure strength training is a total waste of time for the vast majority of the population.

what if im scared of power cleans

then you are wise

this is the worst advice i have ever read on this board

t. rippletits

It's okay but may be too detailed, also he has this cringe macho shtick that isn't necessary.

T. Guy who has been lifting for a year and benches 1 pl8

Its good. People who tell you otherwise are usually idiots who were so eager to “get big” that they completely skipped trying to develop any sort of strength foundation so they jump right into a bro split from the get go and now they are small and weak. As a natural, strength and size are extremely closely correlated so all the shit you hear from professional bodybuilders about high reps and low weight and burnouts and whatever else is basically not applicable

>First learn some basic calisthenics, become proficient at it
>people who are new to lifting should introduce themselves to it by doing something that isn't lifting

Attached: 25d.jpg (680x695, 34K)

>muh semantics
you're training a movement pattern and conditioning your body, brainlet.

Attached: 1519244313444.png (623x450, 36K)

then play ping pong

play with my ding dong

Switch them with rows

"No"

Switch them with high pulls or speed deadlifts.

hahahah what?
ss is squat, bench, the press, deadlifts and power cleans. literally the most basic and essential movements for any fitness routine.
you only need to throw in some curls and tricep extensions to aviod t-rex mode.

F U C K I N G R E K T

>squat every single workout
>alternate between DL and power cleans every workout
>1 upper body exercise per workout

You CAN'T avoid T-rex mode on SS without bastardizing the program beyond any recognition.

>Not wanting trex mode

Attached: ripetoe.jpg (640x360, 25K)

Banded Romanian Deadlifts and Pendlay Row on same day

Start rowing more anyways because fuck you my lats amd bis got huge when I did rows on SS and it didn't fuck up my gains. Would make most rookies happier with their progress.

Use a supinated grip and go HEAVY. Cheat a little but keep that back nice and flat

T. rex mode only happens if you stop after 3 months, which is basically what every brainlet half-critic of SS tells you to do. Your legs will max out first because you squat every session and bigger muscles grow faster, but they will hit the end of the noobgains curve while your upper body is just getting started. Keep going and you will even out AND have the upper body of a brosplitter after the same amount of time AND be considerably stronger than they are AND have the ability to blow right past them with volume work because of your superior strength.

Of course, if your sense of aesthetics requires a huge upper body with spindly, almost atrophied legs, in order to accentuate that inverted-triangle body shape, you might also want to fill your house with dozens of marble sculptures of the male genitalia since you are quite obviously a massive faggot.