Just a reminder if you can’t snatch your bodyweight, then you shouldint even bother lifting

Just a reminder if you can’t snatch your bodyweight, then you shouldint even bother lifting.

Attached: 74309882-5DF4-4834-92A4-28D4DC0283AA.jpg (500x364, 133K)

alright i guess i'll start packing up then. thanks op. good thread

It's interesting how different some people are. I've been lifting for 18 months now and I still can't snatch my bodyweight. But when I started I could only power snatch 40 without pain so I guess progress is progress. I can snatch 75 now and I weigh 80 so BW soon. My max FS was 100 and now it's 123.

When you start lifting in your 20s and you've been a sedentary underweight beta your entire life up until that point, gains are harder to come by than someone whose been athletic and active and started lifting when they were young.

Unfortunately the only gym close to me I would be kicked out of if I started snatching heavy.

Just do high pulls

i've never done a snatch in my life and i never will, too much technical complexity too little reward

i don't care about doing gymnastics with a barbell i'll leave that to actual hand-picked train-from-child genetic elite olympic lifters

Attached: ayylmao_nigga.webm (1898x1064, 2.99M)

I snatch grip 2 inch deficit deadlift though

t. manlet who can't snatch his bodyweight and spends a bunch of time watching roider up asian manlets with stumpy legs who can

Attached: 1510534482709.jpg (780x620, 122K)

More like 105 kg fattie who cant be snatch bw

okay, fat manlet it is.

>tfw 1.75x bw snatch
>tfw OP BTFO

Attached: 1467762340345.jpg (474x474, 44K)

If you're a man's weight that's borderline Olympic level

>goku vs jiren

>borderline
yeah tell me about it, lot of good it does

Attached: 1492205910028.jpg (206x210, 11K)

i cant weightlift because of lowerback and stiff joints everywhere, i wanna kill myself

i feel so dumb doing the big three, its not life

i feel you brah.

Attached: feels.jpg (500x500, 83K)

I know it's bait but this is a stupid mentality, weak people people are the ones who benefit most from lifting.

Attached: images(7).jpg (183x275, 10K)

oh my god im laughing

Attached: 1428000506837-1.jpg (605x806, 47K)

BW snatch is not impressive in the slightest

>tfw can't snatch bodyweight
>shouldn't even bother lifting

Then how am I supposed to work my way up to where I CAN snatch my own bodyweight

I can't snatch BW. I still gotta lift, though.

>tfw no Oly gyms in my area
There's a relatively strong guy in my gym who does Oly shit sometimes, would it be autistic to ask to train with him?

>too much technical complexity

It's no more complicated than a bench press, which I'm certain you consider an essential lift. You're either a pussy or a GDE with a sub-24 inch vertical.

That's the point; if you can't even attain that basic level of athletic performance in a year or so of training, you're a fucking GDE who shouldn't even bother.

>It's no more complicated than a bench press
this is one of the most retarded things i've ever read on Veeky Forums, well done lad

Attached: 1509083963092.png (645x773, 37K)

the snatch is a lot about having flexible joints, if you are stiff you are fucked, doesnt matter how strong you are

>/pol/ meets a jew.webm

You think a snatch is harder because bench is a staple of gym culture, and it's rare to find a gym that will even LET you snatch. It's really not that hard; you just pull the bar off the floor and PUNCH it overhead.

no, a snatch is harder because it requires a whole lot more coordination, timing, flexibility, etc

Attached: 1517437644084.png (514x438, 20K)

I guess my body is just weird then because I found a snatch much easier to take on then benching.

I can high pull 2pl8 but my snatch technique is trash.

what is snatching?

I also think snatching is far easier than bench. Feels much more natural.

Wouldn't that be a good reason to start lifting?

How hard is snatch anyway, bw doesn't seem that high

stealing someone else's loaded bar from their rack

what, no it isn't

>no lift
>bombs out because he can't stop pressing his elbows out

Lmaoing @ ur life

Anyone can bench, almost nobody I've met can do an atg squat due to poor hip mobility

You clearly have no fucking clue how to snatch
>punch the bar over head
What the fuck? I think you mixing up your lifts there user

punch up is a common cue for snatch

Please show me ONE article or post where "punch up" is used.

Seriously I want to know- there isn't even a motion in the snatch where you would "punch up."

Initiate first pull, extend second pull out of power position, pull your self under bar to lock out in catch, stand up. That is a snatch...maybe your thinking of a jerk?

Attached: image.jpg (166x209, 12K)

never done an olympic lift in my life

why should I? will it target some muscle i'm neglecting?

i dont read articles about wl, but ive heard it before many times and my coach has used it

No but its easy way to snap your shit up wiyhout coaching

>my uncle is a professional olympic lifter and he said it!!!

no, but i am a wler and i've heard it

>im a professional olympic lifter and i said it!!!

so basically I should do it because it's dangerous, and looks cool?

is this really how Olympic lifters justify themselves?

im not a professional, just a wler. you clearly arent however

KEK, that look in his eyes