Does close grip barbell bench press use your chest...

Does close grip barbell bench press use your chest? I'm wondering if it's redundant to do both bench and close grip on the same day.

Attached: 02f334b787511b0b90ef482dc0426105.jpg (1024x741, 195K)

Bump. Cause i also do this. I feel close grip is better though cause i feel it more

no it works calves

SERIOUSLY

Sure it does. I do closer than normal grip because it feels more comfortable.

yes, it works your chest
no, it's not redundant

it's a more tricep oriented version of the bench press with a longer range of motion and a longer moment arm between your front delts and the bar, this makes it really nice for OHP carryover and great for hypertrophy

close grip primarily goes on tricep. of course you still use your chest but you wont fully exhaust the chest because your tricep will be your weakest link

do reverse grip variation instead. extremely underrated and hits upper chest harder than incline

close grip bench is my go to tri workout and its fantastic after benching or not

if you're doing cg bp solely for triceps then change to a more effective movement
Exercise – % EMG Muscle Stimulation

Attached: tri.png (470x247, 17K)

seconding the notion of decline triceps extensions being excellent for triceps use.

>isolating triceps
Sounds like you faggots don't do enough pressing

Attached: 1520025442413.png (866x900, 108K)

the funny thing is that if your setup is tight CG should use MORE chest also as well as more triceps over the longer ROM

closer grip = deeper stretch on the pecs provided the delts stay locked in position

There is an QTDDTOT for a reason.

I hear close grip bench is a trricep exercise, but squeeze press with dbs is a chest isolation? Seems like the same principle but i feel the difference in stress. But maybe thats just placebo.

reverse grip is also primarily tricep, don't know where you're getting this shit that it's an upper chest movement lol. Just do incline for upper

do wide reverse grip you dummy. and I am getting this from a study I have seen posted once where they showed that upper chest and the whole chest in general is more activated during reverse than any other variation

reverse grip has higher clavicular head activation than incline bench

Still it's mainly tricep. If I had to choose between revers grip or close grip for tricep gains, I'd choose reverse.

well I just love reverse in general. much better for your shoulders and hits everything more thoroughly

close grip does triceps
wide grip does chest