Is it true most of the board can't lift 1/2/3/4? If so, why do people ask questions...

Is it true most of the board can't lift 1/2/3/4? If so, why do people ask questions? Also doesn't it mean we should do the opposite of fit? They say SS but don't lift...

Honest question

Attached: IMG_8342.jpg (960x804, 175K)

The vast majority of people are lifting for aesthetics. People ask questions because they want to be bigger.

Because squatting 3pl8s+ is hard.

I can lift 1.5 / 2.5 / 2.5 / 4. Sue me.

>bench 195 for 5
>squat 225 for 3
ah gad im the meme

>Is it true most of the board can't lift 1/2/3/4? If so, why do people ask questions?
the fuck kind of logic is that?

Ah see, but if this is the case, then we could assume that you are merely ironically shitposting as well. In an attempt to fluster the naive and weak-willed Veeky Forumsizen by disguising your sophisticated bait as a low- effort shitpost.
Checked

Yes.

Because they want answers.

The opposite of their actions, not what most say. Everyone knows ss is what you do till youre an intermediate and have a solid foundation to work with. But getting to even the intermediate level isn't easy. Its easier and more fun for most people to stay at some mediocre novice weight and feel the burn while getting no actual progress. Check out dat sick pump tho, tiem for some leg presses bruh.

Yes it's true. Most people that come to this board are either starting and looking for answers or people that just come here out of habit and don't train regularly

Attached: operationbrapsniff.png (800x469, 518K)

What does 1/2/3/4 mean? I keep seeing this posted.

OHP/Bench/Squat?Deadlift number is plates on each side

Overhead press bench squat and deadlift. The number represent how many 45 pound plates on each side of the bar bell. Just an arbitrary determination of strength.

>They say SS but don't lift...
I mean, SS is a really good way to reach 1/2/3/4 quickly

Number of pull-ups you can do in 10 seconds/15s/20s/25s

I can do 1.75/2.75/5/5.25

Thank you. I'm still a dyel so I'll use this as reference.

Oddly, I think the squat is the easiest part of 1/2/3/4.
OK, maybe second to OHP (which then becomes the hardest part of 2/3/4/5).

Post body with timestamp, liar

Honestly, the 3/4 have been pretty damn hard for me, but I also rarely see guys do this at the gym. Only the fucking huge guys

I'm at 1.15/2.05/2.5/3.75

I'll never come close to a 3 plate squat but whatever. Curlbro ottermode is where it's at

Attached: Based Lee.jpg (800x600, 34K)

Why don't you just fucking type 1/2/5/5 you autist?

Wait, is it expected to be able to Dead lift more than you can squat? Maybe I have been fucking scared of hurting my back so I have always been more conservative with how much I dead lift.

Maybe this is because bros like to bench so much.
3 plate squat, 4 plate deadlift is actually easier to get to in a short amount of time, but I think a lot of guys care about their bench more (and will work on it for years). OHP goes up as a corollary to bench strength.

Who is this, brehs?

Wierd i had no problem of squat im getting back to things but my old stats where 185 ohp 260 bench 315 squat 450 dl idk why my squt was always shit i dont know why

At the beginner to intermediate levels most people should be able to deadlift more than they squat unless your leverages make a squat easier than a deadlift. At the elite levels, most athletes can squat more than they deadlift.

Wtf i meant to say i had problems with squat

I feel like form was probably a major problem for you if you were only squatting 3 plates with a 450lb dead. You could squat way more.
I don't think it's super-uncommon to have a higher squat than dead, but it's not the norm.

Yeah dude i always feel like i was being way too self consious on my form maybe with deadlift it it didnt take me very long to have good form and didnt have to think much i just fucking picked that shit up

Deadlift is certainly a simpler lift. If you've got the strength to pull 450, you have the strength to squat 405 with good form.

Coz 1.75 is far better than 1pl8

You're wrong about the squat/deadlift thing. The only time it's common for the elite is when they are suited. And that's because a deadlift suit doesn't add Jack shit to your deadlift. As were a squat suit can add a few hundred lbs to ones squat.

source

made for bbc

Thefuck is wrong with your squat

.5, 1, 2, 0

Fuck deadlifting. I'm happy with my spine the way it is.

Attached: 1520712471141.png (1344x1306, 1.97M)

Protip: Squats can take you to Snap City just as easy
>t. Snap City resident

Most of the board that can't 1/2/3/4 are here asking questions to the few that can 1/2/3/4

im never doing squats and deads again, those are just too dangerous for my back

>can 1/2/3 but not 4

why the fuck is deadlift such a stupid lift

Attached: 1509211799469.jpg (1059x962, 312K)

I got to a 2 plate squat in no time (unsurprising, given my starting weight), so I'm trying to focus on better technique for squat and upping my garbage bench and ohp to avoid dinosaurism.

Try doing it romanian style and not stiff legged. When you lift drive from your heels using your legs, watch you shoot up.

>I'll never have a gf like this

Attached: 1421510838757.png (412x351, 74K)

do you know the difference between low bar and high bar squat?

Its such shid. My sciatica pops up randomly and ruins any agility I had past a slow walk for a day or two

.5/1/2/2.5
I lurk until I can 1/2/3/4. I honestly think it should be a requirement to post, the board wouldn't even need janitors at that point.

the boobs and butt are shooped, look closely user

i dont think ill ever hit 4 plate dead

and i already passed 4 plate squat and im getting close to 3 plate bench

hahaha you should be able to hit that at 6 months, 4pl8 at 1 year

I’m a skeleton who started lifting seriously two months ago, I’m currently at 0.5/1/2/2

you must be a true brainlet if decimals are this confusing for you

>never hit 4 plate dead
>already hitting 3 plate bench

wtf

what the fuck is that thing

i'm at 1/1.5/2.5/2.5

fairly confident i'll hit 1/2/3/4 this year, although my deadlift i guess will always be even with my squat

I'm okay with that though, i'll take both to 5pl8's someday

>bench is 115 lbs
>squat is 225

These are my 1RM. I don't do starting strength and I do front squat

1RM or for whatever number of reps and sets?

>1/1.5/2.5/2.5
>I'm okay with that though, i'll take both to 5pl8's someday
what are you talking about you're obviously not adding weight to your deadlift.
I've been lifting for 2 months and i did 2.5 for five reps this week.

it's a smelliscope for braaaaaaaphogs

who why i have so many questions

Idk maybe I am a lowkey gymbro, but i hit 1pl8 OHP for 5 reps and 2pl8 bench for 5 reps this summer without trying too hard, squat is still at 120kg, diddlys at 140kg. Maybe because I used to do lots of pushups and dips as a kid.

No it isn't, you fucking curlbro.

4months in. Can OHP 1 plate and my squat is at 40 pounds. Home gym with no cage so it is what it is.

Bruh, thats the weight I started at, and I only used such a low load because I didnt want to overdo it on my first workout

Attached: 1506271878516.jpg (352x351, 45K)

My 5rm

85kg OHP / 105kg Bench / 150kg Squat / 190kg Deadlift

I dislocated my shoulder and lost a lot of ground with my bench from the resulting tendon/muscle injury, oddly the injury didn't limit my OHP strength or mobility.

I also severely injured my spine in a non-gym related incident and it took more than a full year to recover enough to start doing squats and diddies again. I'm only just past the recovery stage, and the lifts are slowly coming back, but I'm finding it hard keeping a proper routine now to push those lifts back up.

i don't think you know what 1 plate means

currently around 1/2/2.25/3.5 due to some injuries and lifting not being my main focus anymore
feels good to not care about lift numbers anymore

1/2/3/4 isn't hard, I can do it at 138lbs

Great post. Your participation award for this thread will come to you via mail. Congrats.

I'm glad we have genetically inferior people like you among us, makes it easier for everyone else to make it.

12x5 sets.

Skeleton here can do 1/1/3/3

bench 235 for 5
squat 235 for 5

it's highbar but just doesnt go up

You do know 1/2/3/4 is 5RM, right?

MILK TRUG AREIV

Attached: index.jpg (250x202, 6K)

>everybody in the thread complaining that 3/4 is hard but 1/2 is easy
im at 3,5/4,5 and 1/1,9
and im on ppl
i do fucking legs once a week and skip the second leg day
>just fuck my shit up senpai

I deadlift 170kg and squat 120kg, must be a leverage thing as I rarely deadlift heavy. I squat high bar atg though doubt that makes much difference.

My stats are as follows

190cm 87kg
Bench 1x105kg
OHP 1x57,5kg
Squat 1x120kg
Deadlift 1x190kg

Squatting just seems so damn hard compared to the other lifts. The deadlift was maybe easier than the other max lifts, since I always concentrate so much in deadlift technique.

I just think that people can't deadlift properly, desu. If you have a 140kg max squat, you should be able to deadlift far more than 180kg.

Yeah, because Veeky Forums is fucking DYEL. You have so many tards here who decided to lift, fucked around for a month, quit, but decided to stay on Veeky Forums anyway. Then you have /hm/ and /pol/ and /r9k/. Many posters here who tell you to do this or that don't even fucking lift.

Generally speaking, most people can reach 1/2/3/4 in several months. If you squat lmoa1plaet!!!111 in your first day, and add 2,5 kilos to your squat during every workout while squatting 3 times a week, you will add 30 kg to your squat every single month. You will have work sets of 120 kg, which probably equate to an 1RM of lmao3pl8!!!!1 in like 2 months. And that is while adding 2,5 kilos every workout; SS has you add 5 kilos to your squats during your first wokrouts.

To fuck up reaching 1/2/3/4 you have to half-ass your workout, have retarded routines, and (most probably)not eat enough.

mfw 0.25/1/0.75/0 11months into lifting
fuck strength, aesthetics all the way bros :^)
pic not related

Attached: 1519535496419.jpg (503x730, 26K)