Can someone redpill me on veganism

Also what is Veeky Forums's opinion on this guy? nutritionfacts.org/2013/02/12/less-cancer-in-vegan-men-despite-more-testosterone/
What food is healthy and won't kill you? A lot of contradictory things are apparently terrible for you.

Attached: Benefits-of-Soy.jpg (960x960, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3362219/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/pmc5403510/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tP_LIY8cjf4
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/1710093
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.3181/0711-mr-311
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/article-abstract/1812385?redirect=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

thats a jew, should give you enough information as to what our opinion is on him

>benefits of soy

stopped reading there

Dr. Mark Hyman is a jew, too. He also thinks veganism is dumb.

((())) is not an argument

veganism has more jews, and the evil ratio on jews is about 95%. So its about equal to that.

veganism is great

Dr Greger is not

Attached: 1520752218859.webm (640x360, 1.67M)

What's the main draw?

>okinawan diet got 4-7% of yearly calories from meat
>as soon as they replaced the purple sweet potato for bread there life expectancy plummeted lower than the Japanese average

>Mediterranean diet has been proven to be the most clinically effective for reducing preventable mortality
>they eat plenty of meat and fish

>high omega 3:6 ratio is possible the single biggest factor for preventing heart disease
>particularly DHA and EPA both of these are readily available in fish but not in vegan sources (except plankton)

>vegans are systemically low in taurine, again one of the biggest contributors to Japan's life expectancy

vegans are trash, i dont know if its because of their diet or if trash people are attracted to it.

>low meat diets correspond to longer life expectancy

>therefore veganism is bad

brainlet.png

Attached: Cronometer_Edit.png (755x1610, 229K)

>as soon as they replaced the purple sweet potato for bread there life expectancy plummeted lower than the Japanese average

Source needed.

>Mediterranean diet has been proven to be the most clinically effective for reducing preventable mortality
>they eat plenty of meat and fish

Both wrong. Vegans and vegetarians live longer, the Mediterranean diet does not include a lot of meat, and its protective characteristics tend to be its inclusion of plant foods.

>high omega 3:6 ratio is possible the single biggest factor for preventing heart disease

No lol.

a shitty, low quality life lived longer

wtf i love veganism now

holy hell she is such an insecure poser I bet she is surrounded by orbitters

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3362219/

Also Okinawan longevity is attributed to low calorie not low meat. See other low calorie societies for more detail:

Straight from the (vegan) horses mouth:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tP_LIY8cjf4

Pesco-vegetarians fair better than vegans for mortality rates in seventh day Adventist populations:
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/1710093
However very little statistical difference is seen in any diet.

Omega 3:6 ratio and chronic diseases:
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.3181/0711-mr-311

Feel free to close the door on the way out

did I say that?
it would seem the inclusion of grains and processed food has had the biggest effect on Okinawan life expectancy

Not to mention when adjusted for bmi the mortality rate for vegetarians is 0.88 and for non vegetarians is 0.90. Statistically insignificant.

Your silence is deafening btw :)

Greger is pretty based

Greger can barely be called a scientist. He makes up a conclusion and then finds the evidence

Wow that's almost as if veganism isn't unhealthy like you try to claim and as such it is a moral imperative to be vegan since there is no good reason to cause harm

>Pesco-vegetarians fair better than vegans for mortality rates in seventh day Adventist populations:
If you read this more closely (look at the actual data, specifically table 4), vegan men were the healthiest group. The total category of vegan was thrown off by the women, who had relatively high heart disease rates, which may be due to the way they adjusted the data for women.
>adjusted for hormone therapy, which is relevant to both heart disease and cancer
>authors note that "far fewer vegans were receiving hormone therapy" which would disproportionately remove potentially unhealthy meat eaters from the analysis
Not saying it's great evidence either way but you should read studies before posting them.

Attached: ioi130047t4[1].png (1946x1738, 242K)

>back to muh morality argument
thoroughly assblasted

Did I say it was unhealthy? I just don’t think it’s healthier than any other calorie restrictive, non-processed diet

>if you ignore 50% of the population vegans are healthier
>even if you do that the mortality rate for vegans and pesci-vegetarians is the same
>if you factor in bmi pesci-vegetarians have a lower mortality rate

WHOOPSIE

Did you not understand my post explaining the women data?
>mortality rate is the same
Due entirely to the "other" category. I guess eating fish prevents car accidents.
>if you factor in bmi pesci-vegetarians have a lower mortality rate
You've just made that up.
Wait until you're right about something before being obnoxious.

>he thinks other includes car accidents

I didn’t make that up. Read the additional remarks part okay

>post omega-6 bullshit in other thread and get refuted
>come into this thread and repeat the same bullshit like nothing happened

Ashkenazi Jews are the smartest group of people on the planet so it makes sense that they would go for veganism.

"Other" includes any cause of death outside of those categories.
>I didn’t make that up. Read the additional remarks part okay
Can't find anything. The phrase BMI isn't even found anywhere in the document.

That’s not me. Even then I am quite clearly saying omega 6s are pro inflammatory. Can you read?

>136g fiber
>flax seeds
>BMR of an average adult woman

bye bye test, soyboy-san

Attached: tenor.gif (308x312, 3.15M)

Have a read of the AHA report refuting that belief then, friendo.

Here:
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/article-abstract/1812385?redirect=true

No where in that report does it disagree with anything I said. It’s about the ratio of 3:6. This should be achieved by upping omega 3 (not reducing 6 as it has obvious benefits to the body)

Girls can browse Veeky Forums though.

Additionally, it is mainly addressing Linoelic acid (the one in olive oil) which since I’m a proponent of the Mediterranean diet, is quite clearly not restricted. You can literally eat as much as you like. The problematic omega 6s come mainly from generic vegetable oil and refined sunflower oils. Try again user

You didn't make it up I guess, you just got it wrong.

> we reported results for a sensitivity analysis in which BMI was a covariate. This had only modest effects, which were described in our article.1 The odds ratio for all-cause mortality for men and women combined for all vegetarians vs nonvegetarians changed from 0.88 (95% CI, 0.80-0.97) to 0.90 (95% CI, 0.82-0.98) when BMI was included.1
This is for all vegetarian groups (pescitarian, lacto-ovo, and probably semi-vegetarian) combined vs non-vegetarians. It was 10% lower mortality vs 12%. Not pesce vs vegan.
> Advice to reduce omega-6 PUFA intakes is typically framed as a call to lower the ratio of dietary omega-6 to omega-3 PUFAs.1–4 Although increasing omega-3 PUFA tissue levels does reduce the risk for CHD,77,78 it does not follow that decreasing omega-6 levels will do the same. Indeed, the evidence considered here suggests that it would have the opposite effect. Higher omega-6 PUFA intakes can inhibit the conversion of α-linolenic acid to eicosapentaenoic acid,79 but such conversion is already quite low,80 and whether additional small changes would have net effects on CHD risk after the other benefits of LA consumption are taken into account is not clear. The focus on ratios, rather than on levels of intake of each type of PUFA, has many conceptual and biological limitations

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3362219/
>

These don't mention an exclusion of sweet potatoes. One says Okinawans live longer due to caloric restrictions. Okinawans live longer than other populations with caloric restrictions. Adventist vegetarians also live longer than Okinawans.

>m.youtube.com/watch?v=tP_LIY8cjf4

Uh, yes. Says vegans suffer from the same mortality rates if they don't supplement properly.

>The adjusted hazard ratio (HR) for all-cause mortality in all vegetarians combined vs nonvegetarians was 0.88 (95% CI, 0.80-0.97). The adjusted HR for all-cause mortality in vegans was 0.85 (95% CI, 0.73-1.01); in lacto-ovo–vegetarians, 0.91 (95% CI, 0.82-1.00); in pesco-vegetarians, 0.81 (95% CI, 0.69-0.94); and in semi-vegetarians, 0.92 (95% CI, 0.75-1.13) compared with nonvegetarians.

>Omega 3:6 ratio and chronic diseases:

Omega 3s are also found in plant foods.

I mean not vs, instead of

True, given that Pesci-vegetarians have on average a larger bmi, one can conclude that normalising for this would have a greater reduction on mortality than vegan participants. With out the raw data it’s a bit of a leap but it’s still a logical conclusion.

Purple sweet potato was 70% of the traditional Okinawan diet.

>vegans suffer unless they supplement with things readily available in animal products

Omega 3s are found in plants but not DHA and EPA. Also the ratios are generally much lower

They don't have a larger BMI than the non-vegetarians. Their adjustment was for all vegetarian groups vs non-vegetarians, and that only made a 2% difference. Your conclusion was dumb and based on a misunderstanding of what you posted.

Veganism and diet is like
Scientology and religion
Black Lives Matter and ideology
Wall Street Bailout and welfare

If you want to discuss the diet you better of looking at sources that look at various vegetarian diets.
If you want to be a puppet on a string to corporations with an agenda, you can join the Cult of Vegan.

Yes? Again, healthy plant foods also make up a great percentage of many traditional diets, but their consumers don't live as long as Okinawans. Others with caloric restriction do not live as long, either. But Adventist vegetarians live even longer.

>Omega 3s are found in plants but not DHA and EPA.

Supplementable.

lol

Attached: b047c2a18b62016291f02e4ca52acae30bc98c6b4a47e8ce7d415cc4f8501619.jpg (2600x1976, 657K)

>seventh day Adventist populations

skewed data by a group which is run by the kikes.

not an argument.

you cannot just say something is like a religon without saying why

>adjusted for bmi the mortality rate for vegetarians is 0.88 and for non vegetarians is 0.90. Statistically insignificant.
Amazing! Especially when you consider that the group of non-vegetarians include MacDonald junkies and consumers of large quantities of cheap processed garbage.

Bet a healthy meat diet beats a vegan diet flat out, but people who naturally stick to such a diet are either fitizens or rich, thus disqualifying them from entering competition according to the research globalist.

>1200 calories of kidney beans
Does anybody actually eat like this? What the fuck thats over three cans worth

You can find a study to support just about ANY opinion, so....

exactly. health conscious normal bmi meat eaters consistently btfo vegans

wrong

Attached: Diet_and_Hormones.png (833x543, 161K)

>I'm wrong
Your pic says nothing about age and health. Just various hormones.
It basically shows meat eaters are happier than vegans.

>comparing total hormones
Means literally nothing

>coping this hard

Attached: 1520779711541.jpg (194x260, 10K)

Attached: shredderadvice.jpg (1743x994, 481K)

>listening to that guy
>not to medical Chad

Not to mention the way he structures his videos with a spammy barrage of ((peer-reviewed)) walls of text research that he cherrypicked despite other studies show the complete opposite.

>grog have big muscles
>grog smart

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1734x980, 188K)

/x/ here, according to The Spirit World by Clarence Larkin veganism is a satanist plot to weaken your mind, body, and spirit. You see a robust and healthy man is less likely to fall to the temptations of Satan, that's why vegan lifters have to juice because they're being influenced by unworldly powers.

Attached: Clarence Larkin.jpg (361x500, 35K)

Dr Greger always seem to provide good documentation for his statements. I've been looking at his youtube videos, and also What the Health and Cowspiracy, and after this, my views on eating meat have completely changed.

The main problem is that he looks a bit jewish, so who knows? maybe he recives more hidden incomes from this than his book? Anyone knows?