Home Cardio

So, I decided I wanted to get into some cardio. I can't run because my knees are too strained if I do (likely due to short hamstrings). Since walking isn't intense enough and running is out of the question, I figured that walking up and down the stairs was a worthy substitute.

Now, I've read somewhere that to burn the equivalent of a Snickers bar, I would have to ruin 122 flights of stairs, provided these stairs have 12 steps. This seems in line with I previously read on the topic of calorie-burning, which made me conclude, at the time, that undereating was the best way to burn fat, over all forms of exercising (short of swimming and running).

The question is: is it still worth "stairing"? Not primarily for the fat loss, but for the heart gainz also.

Discuss.

More generally: home gyms and home work outs.

Picture unrelated.

Attached: needs of children.jpg (302x500, 35K)

Rather than inventing some bizarre alternate form of cardio, you could work on your mobility to the point where running doesn't fuck up your knees

Buy a rower, there is your discussion

Attached: 51jzMdD5JTL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x469, 52K)

is that book any good ?

Yes, it's excellent. I'm reading it to understand my own childhood, my student (I'm a teacher), and, hopefully, my future children.

That book should be mandatory for anyone who wants to become a parent.

seconded

But get a concept 2 if you can afford it, way superior build quality and is the benchmark for rowers. Solid as fuck, most of the concept2s at my rowing club are 5+ years old and have 100,000+ km on them and work smooth as butter.

I don't want to buy anything, though I could buy a rower from a friend. I have very little space. And I'm planning on buying lifting equipment soon.

Good rowers like the concept2 or waterrower dont need much space. I have a flat and bad knees too. Cardio is at least as important as weights.

Attached: 1518264662085.jpg (425x301, 28K)

>concept 2

Keep going, I'm getting convinced. I only lift and do zero cardio for now.

I bought the waterrower though because its not as noisy as the concept2 and looks like furniture. I also love the sound and feel of it while watching a good series or a movie in bigscreen

Good to know. I didn't even know those things existed.

Someone on Veeky Forums told me to get a Bastard bar, opinions?

More opinions on home cardio?

Is cardio necessary at all? What's it for?

Do bodyweight exercises in a complex. Buy a doorway pullup bar and do pull ups, pushups, bw squats and lunges without rest.

You could also invest in a kettlebell and do complexes with that. Or a dumbell. Or a barbell. Or a heavy rock. Its that simple.

I have minimal equipment for strength training. I got DB's, a pullup bar.

Not resting between sets would just reduce my volume. If I wanted to add cardio to my lifting stuff, I'd focus all of it on my squats, I imagine. I squat without additional weight, for now.

Do a seperate complex after your strength work with different movement variations. If your strength work is squat bench deadlift, then do a complex with dumbell goblet squats, one arm dumbell clean, and one arm dumbell press

Cant do much without a barbell m8

Swimming is perfect cardio for someone with joint pain. In fact, I would recommend it for anyone dealing with just about any sort of muscular/joint pain. One of the lowest impact sports possible and it works your entire body.

I figure... I've been working out since 2015, and while there is progress, people on barbell seem to get the progress I have in much less time.

I've been lifting the same DB weight for over a year now.

Cardio increases estrogen

Is that good?

But that's a lie, cardio increases testo.

Opinions on walking up and down the stairs specifically?

No
Go away soyboy
Avoid

Swear to God, I read that test was increased by repetitive activity involving cardio.

Got any source for your claims?

Why avoid stairs? Does it matter how you do your cardio as long as your heart gets to work?

What better groups of muscles to target than legs when it comes to cardio? How is this worse than cycling?

Cardio is bad for you, period.
((((((Studies)))))) say soy is good for you

Soy milk isn't that big a deal; beer has way more estrogen than soy milk.

Poor trolling.

Drink neither

Is it true that ingesting beer through the dick reverses the estrogen effects and creates a testo surplus that is worthy of the gods?