Veganism

A place for discussing all things vegan ethics, politics & health

Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
- Pollutes rivers
- Forests cleared for livestock
- Causes soil degradation
- Massive inefficiency
- Major contributor to global warming.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production

Vegan Health

reddit.com/r/veganfitness/wiki/index

reddit.com/r/vegan/wiki/dieteticorgs

Animals ethics crash course - youtube.com/watch?v=y3-BX-jN_Ac

The most common and well known argument is the argument from marginal cases. Loosely speaking, the argument contends that animals as sentient as retards should have the same moral status

iep.utm.edu/anim-eth/#SSH1fi

(Meatcucks please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)

Ad Hominem - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem e.g. vegans are faggots

Strawman - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman e.g. vegans want white genocide

Appeal to nature - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature e.g. meat is natural and therefore ethical

Tu Quoque - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque e.g. vegans buy computers

Morality is relative - Science, logic, mathematics are all based on axioms that are not proven, what is different about morality and moral axioms? Think this argument through before arguing for it, it is not as simple as you think. (most philosophers are moral realists and believe moral propositions can in fact be true)

Meatcucks please realise the difference between normative ethics (what we ought to do) and descriptive ethics (what beliefs do people have). Normative ethics is what is being discussed with regards to veganism and morality.

e.g.
- people should not eat animals for x reason (relevant normative claim)
- people eat animals for y reason (irrelevant descriptive claim)

Honest Advertising for Omnivores

youtu.be/zF_MlhXAjiE

Attached: Screen-Shot-2016-01-02-at-5.52.09-PM-695x483.png (695x483, 349K)

Other urls found in this thread:

healthyeating.sfgate.com/tempeh-vs-meat-4276.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

vegans are faggots

Just try to make not enjoy feasting on the succulent flesh of animals you daft cunt

There’s like 4 vegan threads already up....

why are vegans so cancerous

pescetarianism is the healthiest diet followed by flexitarian so

Vegans need a good beating

Attached: 1520715769593.jpg (608x767, 100K)

Virgin vegan: food source can ot be sustained without bees
Chad meat indistrury: slowly killing the entire plannet
Virgin Vegan: too proud to admit they want the entire world to die

björk is cute.

veganism is a jewish plot

Vegetarianism is the best way to do it if you just care for health. A humans micro ecosystem is not too different from a Vegan and a Vegetarian, but much better than someone with a typical diet.

Thats one cutie patootie

She should be punished for animal cruelty.
Everything you don't support is a Jewish plot.
Bjork is a cute

I think vegans need to stop focusing on studies and realize that the studies show meat eaters get heart disease because the average unhealthy fuck who doesn't care about his diet is just gonna eat what's normal, and that's meat.
there are plenty of healthy meat options.
the issue with most meat is they are grain fed which causes the omega 6 to 3 ratio to be way off and dicks up your lipid profile.
just eat small fish, grass fed beef and free range chicken in moderation, and you're good to go.

>inb4 gets bombarded with 300000 links to shit vegans expect me to read

This is true, you can be healthy and eat meat. You can also be healthy and not eat meat. But the case of non-human animal ethics that vegans take is the fact that we don't need to eat animals.

Vegetarian not eating eggs reporting in

>Not eating eggs
How do you do it? I'm a first year student and no freshmen dorm as a kitchen so I rely on eggs to get more protein from the school dinner.

Humans are ethically and morally allowed to eat animals because animals aren’t intellectually capable of reciprocating our established social cultural contract. For example, I know better than to shit on my neighbors lawn and he knows better than to shit on my lawn. A cow does not have the ability to do this and it never will. 99% of humans have at least the ability to do express some kind of value system, and if they don’t, we either rehabilitate them, punish them, or kill them. With animals, there isn’t any chance of integrating them into out society and them understanding our social contract, therefore, we are entirely justified in killing them.

Attached: CD8A9C9E-6C4A-481D-BCFC-C9F2A7285D03.png (1000x800, 285K)

Meat adds nothing of benefit to your diet but it won't affect your health negatively if you eat it in moderation. Just like sugary fatty treats aren't healthy, but you still eat them occasionally because you are allowed to enjoy yourself. It won't do too much damage when it's managed in moderation.

I definitely can't argue that one.
we totally can get by without eating meat.

I don't know about the environmental impact it would have if we shifted from farms that have cattle and chickens to nothing but land full of crops.
it's pretty obvious that us relying on nothing but what grows from the ground would require substantially more fresh a
water consumption.
so that might be a downfall I suppose

>Humans are ethically and morally allowed to eat animals because animals aren’t intellectually capable of reciprocating our established social cultural contract.
So what you're saying is, if a person is dumb enough, it's ethical and moral to eat them. Cool.

this is true as well.
we only value the lives of animals because of what we are viewing to be ethical due to our culture and our assumed intelligence.
to an animal, everything else is just food. it's only cruel to kill an animal because we say it is

>Meat adds nothing of benefit to your diet
Bruh look at this dude
OH NO NO
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
*coughs*
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
*inhales*
*wheezes*
*braps*
HEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 6B329395-3E24-44AF-8B73-FEDD9A9D0EF1.jpg (640x389, 206K)

>it's pretty obvious that us relying on nothing but what grows from the ground would require substantially more fresh a water consumption.
You do realize animals have to eat something right? And you do realize energy transfer is never 100% effective so you can't produce more calories in meat than the feed that was given to the cattle. Not to mention the massive amounts of waste cows produce which have to be filtered and diluted so you don't fuck up the ground water so you have to spend even more energy on the waste of your cattle.

It's not more effective, but there's a market which is why there's a monetary incentive to still produce meat.

Right, let me rephrase that. Meat adds nothing of benefit to your diet that can not be found in higher concentration in plants or fungi. In addition those sources will not contain saturated fats, cholesterol or other carcinogenic compounds found in red and processed meat.

>dumb
That’s not what I said, you actual retard.

>what is the death penalty

retards can't reciprocate morality either, I guess I'll be eating chromosomes dinner

Attached: 1520781910707.jpg (194x260, 10K)

>Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
Um no sweetie. Animals are natural so they are GOOD for the environment.
Global warming/pollution is a chinese hoax.

Name one plant that has more protein than chicken breast at the same portion size

Vegans will get the rope

I'm imagining more just large fields of grass where the cows eat what naturally grows from the rain. pooping on the ground and fertilizing it.

that would be ok if it exists

Tempeh has about the same amount per 100g.

Hello plebbit

OFFICIAL UNDENIABLE VEGAN TIER LIST

Great tier vegans:
>I don’t eat meat or dairy because of dietary restrictions or fitness goals, I’ve done my own research on my needs and what I’d lack as a result of opting out of a carnivorous diet. I know that my diet is my choice alone and is not something I force on anyone else, especially my carnivore pets and if applicable, my children, who’s diets need as much complete nutrition as possible

Acceptable tier vegans:
>I don’t eat meat because I do not agree with the ethics of animal consumption or with the process by which meat products are delivered.
>I don’t eat meat because I do not believe it is sustainable for the environment and I would like to do my part in helping reduce my impact on the health of the planet

Low tier vegans:
>I don’t eat meat because of the above reasons and I believe that I am here to spread these schools of thought among my meat eating peers and neighbors. I will continue to perpetuate my beliefs in the hopes that most, of not all people will join me, not necessarily out of my own goodwill, but for my desire for my beliefs to become mainstream.

Shit tier vegans:
>I don’t eat meat because it’s barbaric and cruel, I only feed my pets and children vegan based diets even though I’ve done zero research on how this will affect their wellbeing. Everyone I know must be vegan as well or else they disgust me as people and should be gassed. Everyone should respect and be aware of my choices, but in no way am I obligated to do the same for others. I go to protests and vegan festivals, as well as participate in radical demonstrations for the purpose of virulently spreading my obviously correct philosophy. Submit to my opinion or become my enemy.

Meme tier vegans:
>I hate meatcucks because of what I read on Veeky Forums and reddit, I’ve already prepared extensive shitposts and copy pastas for the sole purpose of triggering fleshplebs

Attached: 93D0687C-6115-412B-9677-7096166E445A.gif (215x194, 566K)

That is not economically viable in large scales though which is why it's so rare these days.

>saturated fats are bad
user...

Yes they can. If they can’t, society attempts to rehabilitate them. If a retard commits a crime, we punish them the same as a regular person.

I'll eat whatever I want regardless of what some skinny green faggot on Veeky Forums tries to sell me.

most animals haven't committed any crimes m8. You've still got a gaping hole in your reciprocation of morality argument

>they're not
How's that meat industry cock taste?

>about

>healthyeating.sfgate.com/tempeh-vs-meat-4276.html
>For example, a 4-ounce serving of tempeh contains approximately 21 grams of protein, while equivalent servings of chicken or pork loin contain 35 or 29 grams of protein, respectively
Literally the first google result

It's a crime how tasty animals can be

The growing demand for vegan food will cause just as much pollution as the meat industry if it grows to the same size. You can't feed millions of people using a few small plots of land and lack of industrial techniques

Sad!

Attached: pouting-trump.jpg (640x427, 39K)

>most animals haven't committed any crimes m8.
When the fuck did I ever imply that?
>You've still got a gaping hole in your reciprocation of morality argument
Please enlighten me.

most food is grown to feed livestock

educate yourself

Attached: animalagriculture.png (1212x1244, 2.23M)

It does. Eating meat gives you easy access to macros vegetarians and vegans can't obtain, however we can enriching them ourselves. You can be healthy and eat meat! It might actually be easier, but there are benefits to not eating like a healthier micro-ecosystem.
If you think morally you're able to treat non-hy
Now in your case could be justified if you're morally alike on each case. To treat animals because of intelligence differently and in order to be coherent with your idea you must believe it's okay to treat people within our society differently based on intelligence. So if someone doesn't have the mental capabilities of other humans that and a non-human animal like a primate out classes them intelligently you must be okay with killing the human.

retards can't reciprocate morality m8, and presumably you're not okay with killing and eating them

Here’s your (You)

Attached: 90607BD4-F659-4FC9-A7F3-82A0D847421A.jpg (720x736, 42K)

Well, I guess you're right in that regard.

what am I looking at here

My original post:
Didn’t mention intelligence once. You’re strawmanning me.

Prove it then. I guarantee you’re wrong.

>Humans are ethically and morally allowed to eat animals because animals aren’t intellectually capable of reciprocating
First sentence

Intellect =/= Intelligence, you troglodyte. Don’t try to play semantics if you can’t even fucking comprehend the English language.

Attached: A287DD1F-5511-4214-91E4-9D91B394D69C.jpg (496x486, 92K)

Yes but until they make lab-grown meat affordable, we're sticking to eating bambi

End of story

basically this, why are so many vegans shit tier? I personally just do veganism solo and dont bother anyone with it. mostly because I see so many vegans making idiots out of themselves.

T. Dont call me out for being a shitcunt fucking vegans making me feel like a total shit idiot by stating out a few facts

Serious question. How many of you guys, who engage in a vegan lifestyle, are doing it in hopes that your abstinence from animal products will cause the meat industry to collapse?
Because even if a hypothetical number like 1 out of 10 people are vegan, it will not affect the industry in the least. 90,000 people will be engaging in the industry for every 10,000 vegans.
Do you guys do it to just ease your own conscience?

Because not being a narcissistic dumbass is apparently difficult for most people, and alternative lifestyle practices are usually attractive to narcissistic dumbasses who just want to be different, rather than be who they truly are

Then please, change the my post to where it says Intelligence to intellect and refute it.

Some people are just delusional, user. Others genuinely seek revolution, they just don’t have the capacity to accomplish it

this is the goal.
im not even a vegan but i do want the meat industry to die. if it died, it would allow small local guys to sell their meat, which would improve our community because the money would stay here being spent until someone spends it online or at a big name store.

cope

>browse health borad
>Post about health related board
>Be angry

strawman

meat is a jewish plot
Look at what jews eat

There are several reasons to be vegan, not just one.

Fucking vegans being so narcisitic why they cant let us just murder all the animals we want, taste pleasure is important.

What?

Discord for vegan brahs

discord.gg/gSAMEHN

Attached: amberlft-20180312-0001.jpg (1080x1348, 120K)

Humans don't need to own animals. I don't think anyone here thinks she should have been allowed to "own" that Fox.

Hitler was a Vegan, ate soy, and planned to end meat-eating after the war.

Not him but
>Don’t try to play semantics!!!
>INTELECT AND INTELLIGENCESES ARE DIFFURENT THANGS!!!
>Btw no semantics allowed!!!
ok retard.

And you seem to not understand your own point of view considering social contract. Your whole argument here is that animals are unable to understand that humans trade some of the freedom of choice to some other rights and protection ("I dont wanna be killed or imprisoned so I wont comit crimes that will lead to that") since they lack INTELLECT to do so. Now the thing is, this argument falls apart when you consider that we have mentally ill people that also simply wouldnt understand this, or those who ignore it. Your argument makes it permissible to eat mentally ill. What about dogs, cats or even children? Surely you dont think infants are able to understand this concept. Moreover, the value you have put into this argument is arbitrary.

Not a vegan btw, just wanted to point out that you lack in INTELLECT department, this gives me urges to eat you (out) fuccboi.

Attached: 1496433249096.png (600x422, 553K)

>not killing and eating suicide-bomber Muhamad
>not killing and eating dindu nuffing Tyrone

That’s not what I mean, fool, point your fallacious argument and shit spelling somewhere else

Forcing your own beliefs and opinions onto others against their will is narcissistic

That's not what Narcissism is, lmao.

Attached: devil.png (480x633, 355K)