People are telling me two different things and I'm about to have enough

People are telling me two different things and I'm about to have enough

>dude if you have trouble lifting that weight lower it and up your reps for max gains
>dude progressive overload you have to up the weight every other week to increase strenght

which one is the true?

Attached: 1520547612039.jpg (530x800, 52K)

Yes

neither

If you want to gain size you go with your max weight and take that minus 10lbs to 20lbs and do as many reps till failure as possible. Your body will start buiding larger muscles to accommodate for the extra strain in those areas. If you want to strengthen the muscle you currently have you go with low weight or at least 50% of your max that you can do very high number of reps with. Do that till failure. You'll see gains/results in fairly short amount if time depending on your diet and sleep.

how do i figure out max weight? just take the heavy shit i believe i can and lift it for 1 rep?

both is true. if you can't lift a weight, you obviously can't lift it. if you add no weight, no anabolism will take place.

Up the weight and increase reps for maximum gains

either test it or use a weight you can lift for less than 10 reps to calculate your 1rm. former is more precise latter is a lot safer.

Cara a cute.

What did he mean by this?

>tfw eyebrow fetish
muh dick

Attached: 1520229986709.png (836x900, 231K)

If you're not lifting for Cara, are you even lifting?

The general idea is to progressive overload untill you plateau, then deload and work on your reps, then progressive overload untill you plateau again.

For example, you can benchpress 80kg for 8 reps now. You now start working with 100kg and can barely squeeze out 4. You start aiming for 5 sets of 4 reps. You do this untill you can do 5 sets of 5 reps and then increase the weight. You can now do 5 sets of 3 reps because the weight is 105kg. You keep this up untill you can do 5x4 or 5x5 again, and work to 110kg. If you struggle getting 5x5 for weeks, it's time to deload. You can now probably lift 90kg for 8 reps easy.

You lift 90kg for 8 reps for a few weeks, and then go to 110 for 5x5. 115kg for 5x3 untill you can do 5x4 or 5x5 etc etc.

All of these numbers are an example, you should get the general idea. You increase your maximum strength by sitting in a low rep range 1-5 with high weight. Once your max strength is increased, you can use your newfound strength to up your working weight in the high rep ranges.

Wrong

Attached: 148ac16504b0e07e96d85e5bbeeea2b2[1].jpg (1468x959, 263K)

Are you training for strength, hypertrophy, or both?

Both

Carl a cute

so much this.

I fucking hate women with weak ass eyebrows.
some even just depilate hem and put some makeup or tattoo them. fucking disgusting

Attached: f5b67a55b9472d803c86968e600779fa3539ac0ece829b551ba55792d2219aea.png (640x360, 295K)

Alternate between the two on a biweekly basis

trouble lifting = bad technique
progressive overload when technique and diet are good

Well if you are having trouble lifting the weight them of course lower it. You should start every workout with a heavy compound for a 3×5 and finish it with light weight for high rep like a 3×10

Kek

So if I do 3x5 I will become stronger in that lift, correct? And the other other with high reps is for hypertrophy?

but sometimes after I lift with fewer sets/reps but high weight I don't feel the DOMS as much as with high sets/reps

>implying she doesn't look cute there

Attached: 693.jpg (2312x3024, 829K)

You're close when the reps get considerably slower

Both are right, you do it to failure. If that means a lot low and slow that's fine, if that means 5-8 with as heavy a weight as you can handle that's fine, if that means starting really heavy and dropping weight between sets to start your arms off dead but keep going that's fine. If you do it with controlled, good form and do enough to where you're done at the end of the minimum reps but push through to the most possible, you'll gain.

So lets say my 1 rep max is idk 90kg on bench. I should just take like 10lbs off and go with china town with that until i can lift it for like 3x5 right?

>high weight low reps for size
>low weight high reps strenght
OP, don't listen to this retard, he is trying to confuse you even more, its the other way around.

Attached: 1515736091300.png (230x219, 5K)

Pls can you explain further dude? If i want a hypertrophy program/builf what should i strive for?

>what is periodization

Attached: 1516403758536.png (499x338, 38K)

this is precisely the opposite of what i know

Low sets are for strength yes. They also will cause hypertrophy but we want to increase the muscle tissue breakdown so you are going to exhaust the muscle

Also doms don't mean shit

So if i want hypertrophy say 4x8 is optimal right?

you'll never be big if you dont lift big as a natural, period. You can spend 20 years curling 10 pound dumbells and you'll have the same body 20 years later. if you can only press or handle x amount of weight, you'll have the appropriate muscle mass to show for it.

Problem is you have these fitness celeberties like kali muscle telling people on youtube "HAHA bro you don't have to lift heavy just curl and press these 30 pound dumbells!" That fucking works if you taking steroids and have 10x the fucking amount of testosterone the average male has.

So its best to switch between strengt and hyper. What do you do?

5x5

lifting heavier gives you strength and hypertrophy. Progress in weight with compound lifts. Press, squat, overhead, and dead slowly. Add like 1-5 pound every week or whenever u feel ready. Accessories like curling and stuff increase by 5 pounds after you progressed on compounds by 15 pounds. Whenever you feel stronger and like getting stronger, increase the weight!

>I'm about to have enough

I can just imagine the impending tantrum.

>you'll never be big if you dont lift big as a natural, period. You can spend 20 years curling 10 pound dumbells and you'll have the same body 20 years later. if you can only press or handle x amount of weight, you'll have the appropriate muscle mass to show for it.
Yeah no you're a retard, absolutely no bodybuilder ever says you should not increase weight, they put emphasis on the range of motion over just breaking form to push more weight though.

If you're a strength lifter then the goal is just to move weight. The RoM and form is only there to protect your from snapping your shit up. And nearly everyone will cheat so some degree, if its an OHP for example they will bend their back more and more to push that weight.

All that matters is you preform the lift with proper form. Are you cheating at all? For example, is your back straight during the squat? Is your core braced the whole time?

If you can preform the lift with proper form for an entire set of reps, that's a weight you can handle. Considering moving up. If you feel tempted to cheat your form, that's a sign that you're approaching your maximum safe weight.

Regardless of strength or mass training the calculation is the same;

Weight x Reps x Sets x Time = Volume

There are two other factors, but they should always be persistent; Good Form and full Range of Motion.

If your volume keeps increasing your strength and mass will increase. However your body will get accustomed to what you are doing even if you push more weight.

Try doing 3 weeks of 1 to 5 rep range. Then do 3 weeks of 10 to 12 rep range. Then switch back to 3 weeks. See if that works for you.

After newbie gainz stall I say work in waves, volume first, then intensity.
>5x5 until it stalls
>1x5 until it stalls ("ramped" 5x5 @ 60/70/80/90/100% of that day's work weight)
>1x3 until it stalls ("ramped" 5x3 @ 60/70/80/90/100% of that day's work weight)
>5/4/3/2/1, 10% jumps
and when that stalls take a week off and repeat

barbara > cara delivigne

Attached: glutes1.jpg (740x511, 99K)

No fuck off and do what i said

the second one

the real answer is to reduce the weight a little and slow your reps down to like 4s each up/down. if you were doing 5-10 reps at weight X, try 5-10 slow reps at X-10lb or X-20lb