Endurance general

How do you stack up?

VO2 Max: 62
Sex: M
Cardio/Endurance work: Running, Cycling for transportation, Hiking and backpacking, Arc Trainer at the gym.

I consider this pretty good after being a smoker for 10+ years and quitting just before thirty.

Also, cardio/endurance/run general

Attached: Andrea+Hewitt+Barfoot+Thompson+ITU+World+Triathlon+XIwhxhusAihl.jpg (382x594, 60K)

how would one find a place to test vo2 max?

vo2 max:?
age 37
M
electrician so moving all day, do some gym work, 150 miles a week on the bike
this years goal is to do the mount evans climb on the bike.

Not too bad for an old man OP.

VO2 Max: 69 (Ha)

Exercise: Crossfit/HIIT (Army Unit's Hybrid Combination), Running, Rucking/Hiking, Sprints, etc

Inb4: "HOW DID YOU NOT MAX YOUR SITUPS"

I pulled something in my abs, but it's good now.

Attached: APFT.jpg (4032x3024, 1.97M)

you can search for a medical lab or sports science/fitness center that has equipment in your area if you're serious.
If you're a mere mortal, it depends on whether you're a cyclist or runner or whatever else but for pretty much every sport there's a workout and formula to give you an estimate. It's brutal though since you're testing your max.

Fitbit and garmins will also gives you an estimate of your vo2 max and i would assume a bunch of other fitness wearables would as well.

Attached: 586219.jpg (300x360, 29K)

it just makes me curious since I set some sort of fitness goal every year and since I am a little bit large for being good at climbing I know I will struggle as is. then add in the fact I am going up to 14000 feet it will continue to get harder... if I can figure out how to breath easier then it will lessen the suffering.

the little online calculator puts me at 61.2

Attached: 1419375887310.jpg (640x640, 64K)

Best running routines to improve endurance & allure ?

To improve pure endurance, you should train at or just slightly below your anaerobic threshold. Doing this can actually increase your aerobic capacity which means you can do more work without getting winded, running faster for longer. Get yourself a chest strap and read up on heart monitor training.

Basically, the LSD run is best for pure endurance training. (long, slow, distance) Do one a week.

Also everyone loves HIIT now for increasing vo2 max because a popular study said it's good at that. So do something like that once a week. Fartleks, 400 meter repeats, hill sprints, striders, etc. For pure endurance, i'd probably go with fartleks or 400 meter repeats since you're not training for the kind of explosiveness you need for hill sprints.

Attached: DEL_2244.jpg (4256x2832, 952K)

Crossfit? Kill yourself before your "program" does.

ok thanks

supposedly breathing exercises and breath holds can help for altitude. No idea how true that is though. Could be blog science.

Attached: msj_9254.jpg (3427x2279, 2.04M)

I was probably going to buy an altitude mask and do hill repeats on a 3/4 mile hill that hits around 20% grade

Attached: IrQ7GvqO9KUwDciIuMVWpMpRmwQKAjY7yeV7QsEV6UM-1152x2048.jpg (1152x2048, 403K)

It's ok, kid.

Like I posted, it's a combination of HIIT/Crossfit. No fucking kipping, muscle ups, etc. Just the style/methodology of what Crossfit.

Quick question: What's it like when your boy pussy is split in half by your boyfriend?

Attached: LiberalPussies.jpg (195x259, 13K)

I need to invest in a altitude mask. I've heard good things.

>it's harder to breathe at higher altitudes
>breathing exercises make you better at breathing
yeah, user, pretty sure it's (((blog science)))

Attached: letöltés.png (273x185, 6K)

Attached: tumblr_m3zooaD63K1rw3nexo1_500.jpg (406x610, 41K)

First run after winter break was month ago - knee pain after 1 km, took 3 weeks to heal completely. Today was next one, very same knee pain after 1 km and had to stop.
How to stop being a complete failure?

don't run, do other shit

>run regularly for years
>never any issues
>last year left leg starts hurting like he'll after one run
>keeps hurting even after one month break
>now one year later try it again
>after second run the right leg starts hurting like hell
I hate this, I always liked running and now this was taken away from me. Need to see a doctor.

I ran 15km on Saturday, everything was fine but now I feel some pain/discomfort on the external part of my right foot.

Any idea of what it could be ?

next time run all winter.... desu its about the only time I do run, the snow feels soft under my feet, and the colder weather means I can push myself longer and harder without burning up.

a lot of knee problems start somewhere else. Weak hips, weak core, lower leg, poor form.
Do some stability, balance, and strength exercises and some cross training in the meantime to keep your cardio up.

Attached: Jodie+Duff+2013+Australian+Youth+Olympic+Festival+q0AnSQZOm6ql.jpg (408x594, 81K)

it was probably the run...
seriously though, muscles and cardio adapt faster than tendons and ligaments, so you usually have to progress a lot slower than you want to or think you could.

>How do you stack up?
>VO2 Max: 46
>Age: 19
>Sex: M
>Cardio/Endurance work: None. Weightlifting 4-5x a week. Got into fitness through running however. my VO2 max is getting better appearantly however. But seeing other peoples results on fit im surprised either how bad I am or how good you anons are.

Attached: Screenshot_20180311-230603.png (1440x2560, 185K)

>69 mL/kg·min from crossfit and casual running

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 8K)

you won't find a reliable VO2max number unless you have a power meter on a bike (still super iffy with calculation) or do it in a lab

HIIT won't increase your VO2max unless you are a fat fuck and have like 20 mL/kg min

You need to do VO2max intervals (duh) which is at least 4 minutes at 96-100% max HR for reps (usually 4-5)

what's your BMI?
height and weight matter a lot. I'm at the lower end of normal for BMI so I naturally have a higher VO2max. If you carry a lot of muscle or fat it'll be tougher to keep a high VO2max.

Since Veeky Forums is mostly vain dudes pushing weights for mirror selfies instead of performance, I figure I probably do a lot more cardio than your average fitizen.

Attached: Olympics+Day+8+Triathlon+ASk_EcyNbE8x.jpg (1024x683, 181K)

How long should I rest between reps ?

>HIIT won't increase VO2max
>You need to do VO2max intervals
>VO2max intervals are INTERVALS at a HIGH INTENSITY.

ok bud.

4 minutes between the first 2, then 8-12 then do another 2 with 4 minutes inbetween again

What %VO2max ? 50% ?

HIIT is usually stupid meme shit like sprints for 20 sec, easy 10 sec, 20 sec sprint, etc for like 4-8 min

that won't do much unless you do it for like an hour

you need to run at max HR and you can't get to max HR unless you are going all out for more than 3 minutes, unless you are a fat fuck then you can reach max HR much quicker, but for people that are somewhat fit it takes at least 2-3 min to reach a steady state of max HR and then you need to hold that intensity for a couple minutes in order to actually create the stress

t. cat 2 cyclist

Run 10-20 miles a week
Bike 50 miles a week
Row 5k 2-3 times a week

Gotta keep that cardio guessing my dudes

Did a 60 mile ride with like 4k elevation today

k m8 >t. cat 2 cyclist
You must be 100% right

Original Tabata Protocol was
8 repeats of
20 seconds at 170% VO2Max
10 seconds recovery.

Still gets used because it is most effective.

Key is the 170% of V02Max, if you can maintain your wattage without difficulty, you are not at 170%

I actually have never tested my Vo2 max but here is some info and stats on me:
22 years old, Football(soccer) player turned runner.

70-80 km/week. Gearing up for my first Ultra.

My current best 10k time is 39:50

routine ?

Fartleks are gods gift to man

Usually divide my workouts into 3 categories: speed, distance and recovery. Once a week I go for speed, which is 10k trying to go for under 4:30 each km.

Then I do two 20k runs for distance. I make sure to never do speed and distance back to back.

The recovery runs are usually 10k or more, but with slow paced. Really depends on how my body is feeling. Now that I'm trying ultra I sometimes make my long runs longer, like 30k

I think I got a different metric here, I use this table, a month ago I was going for my 100% (195) until I told my instructor and he said I was being retarded for going to the 100% and I should instead aim for 60-80% to be safe.

My current is:
Max: 160 bpm (beats per minute)

Exercise: gym bike

Attached: Tabla Frec HR (1).jpg (628x316, 70K)

How does a week look like ?
You keep 1 day of rest between each run ?

That wont do shit unless you are super out of shape
you need to be in oxy debt to improve vo2max
those 10 second breaks uptake oxygen again and you are just needlessly prolonging the interval, this is why HIIT is good for burning fat, its shit for increasing VO2max

on/offs are very popular for increasing FTP and vo2max would benefit a little bit, but on/offs are done of in this tabata format are done over at least 30 minutes

I'd like to add that it's been working miracles for me, I was 115 kg last January, now I'm 88 kg, aiming for 70-75 kg, depending on how I look by then.

Attached: fitness-motivation-XVX.jpg (2304x1728, 711K)

Thats a good point you bring up actually. My BMI is about 26.5, so slight overweight, the lowest I got it in the last year was probably 24.5. So its always been quite high. i should probably start doing some HIIT once the weather becomes a bit nicer.

who are these women