Great training session today!

Great training session today!
That will be $50 please!
Let's see what we covered in our 30 minute session:

Random push up type exercise
5 minutes on a random tricep machine, no consistency or rep counts
5 min water break
and finished off by tossing the medicine ball off the wall a couple times

Hey, and now that youve worked out you can go home and eat whatever you want. You are making great progress!

Attached: how_to_set_fitness_goals.jpg (508x300, 35K)

PTs is the biggest scam in this word

>Everyone looks DYEL
>"EAT ALOT OF FOOD"
>*sees your form is shit* but goes "great form, more weight, you doing great"
>"You see this machine? you put your hands here and push up like you lifting something"

at the anytime fitness I go to, the trainer is out of shape, not like huge, but has a niced sized beer gut

last time I saw some 50 year old man being told to pickup a medicine ball from the floor and spill it over his shoulder

My gym membership came with a free session with the personal trainer, who literally looked like he had less muscle than I do.

I just told him no thanks, and he seemed genuinely upset about it.

did he clean up the spilled medicine afterwards?

Yeah man, you tell them what you want to do. Don't be retarded. Here's your "a thread died for this"

ya, because they get a commission off the sessions. He seemed upset because he missed out on another sucker

yo lol

PT exist because there are people leting them exist, if people werent that brainlets and knew how their bodies worked those niggas wouldnt exist

I am a PT
I make money watching girls and guys workout

I make barely minimum wage

>PT exist because there are people leting them exist
No, PTs exist because coaches exist, and trainers exist.

coaches exists mostly because of the sterods mostyl, athletes doesnt even need them

and trainers, need to exist at some extent to teach you the basics

60 year old lady pt at my gym does circuit training with a crowd of overweight middle aged women and takes up multiple machines and pieces of equipment. Always has me seething

>and trainers, need to exist at some extent to teach you the basics
and how is this diff from PTs teaching someone for 2-3 months to get them to deadlift and squat and bench correctly in proper routines?

I used to have a PT and all he ever did was make me drop medicine balls on my stomach. I never backed out of anything so quickly in my life

>get commission off a comp session
???

Guess you should be working on your sales because most PTs I know exist only to shill suppliments and meme classes (spin, taebo, etc)

>PTs teaching someone for 2-3 months to get them to deadlift and squat and bench correctly in proper routines

if you can find a pt who teach you correct form in those lifts and then he isnt teasing you anymore then great

anyways i was refering more to complex sporting techniques like sho tputting, sprinting technique , sports rules and so

Because most of them tell people to do some machine bullshit.

PT is great to get yourself started if youre a fatty, helps to have something to keep you going back
>huuurrrr durrrr weak willed
No shit thats why theyre fat

The gym foots the bill, the trainer still gets paid

that's not what commission means
that's base rate idiot

you might be retarded.

>hurr ur retard

My PT is pretty cool

>form check, critical as fuck
>i do compound lifts, he sees what areas I need to work ok, adds on accesories
>tracks progress with a body scan machine, lets me know if i need to eat more
>have been adding 5 lbs every 2 weeks for 3 months now

Started out beching the bar, now I'm up to 1pl8 in 3 months, and I'm half way to 1234 pl8

Attached: 1518563045825.jpg (1252x954, 557K)

I asked a former coworker who is now a PT how I should begin getting in shape. She said she couldn't give any advice without knowing my limits first.

I asked her if she thought starting strength was a good program, and she had never heard of it.

I guess I dodged a bullet, though. Now I only pay for a gym membership, when in the past I had been considering hiring her.

PT "qualifications" take a few months to get here. I wouldn't put much stock in anything they say unless theyre jacked or have some legit sport science credentials

>tracks progress with body machine

What a mirror? Also you should track progress with calorie counters and lifting stats. Sounds like you are buying barrels of snake oil

a personal trainers biggest downfall is that they can't know what person is eating, or really even teach how to eat. Figuring out how to exercised is far none the easiest part of losing weight. Eating right consistently is the challenge. PT are dogshit useless

personal trianers are needed for people who wont go to the gym without an appointment and need someone to talk to, a fit psychologist if you will

Attached: 3B937BD4-3F90-470E-8A66-0234FDA1AB85.jpg (700x679, 81K)

None of that information was relevant to what i said nor does it disprove my statement (which btw, is a use).
you probably should've quoted op.

personal trainers are a joke, there is one at my gym who is a 20 year old skinny fag, literally has arms like twigs. When I'm in he's coaching some lanky 40 year old guy. they did squats the other day, 1.5pl8 for 8 reps, the 40 year old quarter reps the weight and towards the end of the set his heels are coming off the floor and he's standing on his toes. after the pt pats him on the back and praises him etc. felt like going over and teaching the guy how to actually squat but if he wants to waste his time and money that's fine, besides I'd rather not get kicked out of the gym for arguing with the staff

No, he cleaned the ball. Can't you read?

Pretty much this. You could pull any entry-level 30-60 minute exercise routine off the internet and it'd be just as effective as anything the PT gives you. Only differences are that there's no money involved and hence no obligation, and you have some company while you lift.

That's probably why we see mostly old people using PTs, as well as the occasional land whale who wants to do a few empty-barbell lifts and get pats on the back.

The PTs connected to my gym chain really annoys me. I've never consulted one or picked up on any offer for a free consultation since I hate them from observation. (So have no idea what knowledge they possess)

1) Never reracks or put shit back.

2) Lead customer to treadmill. Tell them to warm up. Then go away and chat idly with other PT until bored.

3) Doing stupid exercises like "double-dutch" but calling it "battle-ropes" and similar cross-fit weirdness. (They seem to hate free weights.)

4) Saw someone spotting a squatter, hugging him from behind to help if he couldn't manage his 2pl8s. That's not bad in itself, the bad thing was he didn't correct his flip-phone form. (Probably couldn't see it while hugging and probably only let the customer squat because he demanded it.)

5) Using equipment and benches all over the gym as their personal clothes hanger. I mean... it's their work place so they obviously feel have the right to treat everything like they own it. Dragging a bench away to sit on while they watch the customer work out. wtf!

6) Dress like mongoloids. I should probably sneak a few pics since this is hard to explain. Guess they get tired of going to work every day in traditional gym clothes so they inspire each other to dress up in a way that stands out. (Several all black garments with white rubbersocks on your feet, being the current fashion.)

A few of them are so skinny it's hard to believe they lift. At least it's obvious they're natty. One looks like he's actually lifting, but he also looks like a natty that could stand to lose 30 lbs.

my former girlfriend used a PT. told her it was stupid and I could teach her anything she needed to know but she thought I would be too critical or some dumb girl shit like that.

anyway, her PT would sell her these retarded fucking supplements that cost so much and did absolutely nothing for her.

I joined her on one of her workouts with the PT once. it was actually a decent workout but more cardio focused than strength. which is fine, that's what she wanted but I was still annoyed that she was jewed so hard on those supplements.

I always see these dyel PT's with these cute girls, and you know they end up fucking after due to all that physical contact.

Makes me angry

I'm new to gyms, and I need someone to show me proper squat and deadlift form. Should I get a personal trainer for this? And if so, how long will it take for them to show me proper lifting form?

Keep in mind I spent summers working hard labor jobs in sawmills when I was younger, and it probably has my back slightly messed up.

>1PLAYT bench in three months

Should have done SS, faggot.

Attached: Do SS.png (310x335, 69K)

at my uni gym the pt was a russian olympic lifting guy. still lifted in his off time. really cool guy. if you needed help with form hed help you out and give an exercise to work on it without needing to pay.

watch a video online and save yourself the money

How was the person waving to someone in the past? Some weird space-time rift?

>Of all the PTs in my gym a singular one lifts
>Never eats so is skinny like the rest of them

I get filthy looks for dumping a bench pr attempt but at least I look like I lift

Can't believe rippertoe started working at planet fitness

>convince some dyel to injure his internal organs for an hour every day
>he pays me and says thank you
the chad pt
the virgin trainee

Attached: 1518984799410.jpg (369x292, 30K)

Are you retarded? I do mma and I wouldn't be able to do mma without my coach

The pt's at my gym teach mostly compounds and olympic lifts to the new people. I'm not complete noob but I've been thinking about getting lessons in olympic lifts, since they seem to be bit more difficult to perform

>Half way
Umm user...

At mine a grill PT gets as many DYELs and fatties as she can and stacks them up doing random shit right in the walking path between the free weights and the drinking fountain.
it's my biggest pet peeve to stand in a walking path

>gym has three PTs
>one guy is a total bro, always chat with him
>one is a dyel sporty type, he's ok
>last one absolutely hates my guts for some reason
>walking around with some 18-22 girl who he's coaching
>no progress for months
>I'm squatting 2 pl8 (lol 6'3 with long legs)
>its more than anyone in my gym squats
>girl asks him when she can start squatting
>he mumbles something which basically means "never"

I honestly think they're there to sabotage progress, I've never seen a PT tell someone to do compounds. And too bad about that girl, she would have a very nice ass, maybe I should coach her now that I'm single.