I'm a 6'4" lanklet who can't reach the bar when conventional dead lifting

I'm a 6'4" lanklet who can't reach the bar when conventional dead lifting.

I've been stretching for the last 2 months and am getting closer but my back still rounds when I move my arms out to grab the bar.

In the mean time I've been doing the sumo pull instead.

Would it be valuable to do the conventional stance dead-lift where the legs a little wider and hands are inside instead of Sumo? Could someone please to a guide on the form to do this.

Attached: 1516043153955.jpg (1919x2404, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

orthoinfo.org/en/recovery/knee-conditioning-program/knee-pdf/
youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I've been stretching for the last 2 months and am getting closer but my back still rounds when I move my arms out to grab the bar.

from the sound of this you may not have enough hip flexion ROM, structurally, to reach the bar without rounding your lower back, and it's not going to be fixed with any amount of mobility work

do sumo or trap bar or get arm extension surgery

Use a rack

do people really think that by giving up fast food and getting into shape, you're going to get laid? You're still going to be an charismatic fucking loser, just with a nice body.

Anyway, just stick with the sumo

*uncharismatic

what the fuck do you mean you can't reach the bar? just squat down and pick it up, it's not like you're trying to touch your toes while keeping your legs perfectly straight.

If you get fit enough you will get laid no matter how bad your social skills as long as you actually put yourself out there. The only ones who get fit and don't get laid are the ones who literally never sign up for dating sites, never ask anyone out and never go to bars and shit.

It definitely helps
You can be a fat autist or a handsome autist

Initially this. Who would a guy (who isn't desperate) be more likely to fuck? An autistic Tumblr fatty? Or an autistic Tumblr hotty? They're both retarded, but one gives a much better visual and physical sexual experience.

>Initially
Meant unironically*

has nothing to do with height
it has to do with your posterior chain, which isn't as fit as it should be because you spend most of your time sitting (probably)
i did this for a couple weeks, and i could squat with full rom: orthoinfo.org/en/recovery/knee-conditioning-program/knee-pdf/

you say it has to do with his posterior chain, then you give a link to a knee conditioning program? for something that helped you squat, when his issue is hip flexion ROM not allowing him to hinge properly?

this board boggles my fucking mind man

He's trying to do an SS setup most likely, which for some people will put your back almost horizontal. He's also insanely inflexible apparently.
youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE
It sounds like you might be setting up weird and trying to do stiff-leg deads. Check your setup, because you should be able to reach the bar anyway. I can grab my feet standing up and I'm 6'3. You should at least be able to touch your toes, an obviously the bar. You are doing something very wrong. Are your arms not hanging straight down? Are you not keeping the bar mid-foot?

>6'4" lanklet
>dead lifting

Dead lifts are for manlets only. You are going to fuck up your back doing that stupid meme lift.

this, im 6 feet and besides having longish arms deadlifting is a pain on the my lower back, i stick with squats and some hyperflexion work

hyperextension*

>6 foot
>Thinks he's so far removed from manlets
Come now, friend, you're only one rung away from the manlet kings.

i have ultra long legs

they're not for manlets, i'm your height and deadlift just fine

if you have long legs without proportionally long arms (which is unusual, but can happen), then deadlifts are not for you, which i suspect is your case

lmao i like how that pic included isely's torso before he became a fatass

>He's trying to do an SS setup most likely, which for some people will put your back almost horizontal.

Correct.

I'm 57% legs from the floor to the top of my hip bone and I don't think my arms are log enough to match. I can touch my toes with back rounding easy enough. If i follow the SS guide and leave the bar a inch away from my shins I just cant reach the bar without having my upper back round.

Upper back rounding isn't a big deal, lower back rounding is what you have to watch out for. I think you are being too much of a stickler for form, when you weight gets up your upper back will round and theres nothing you can do about it.

My setup puts me nearly horizontal because I have a long torso and slightly short arms proportionally. I switched to sumo as well, and don't regret it at all. I still pull conventional for higher volume on my lighter days.

This was the exact same case for me, stick tour ass out and almost slav squat inorder to pick it up, it will feel weird and wrong at first but thats exactly how u do it

How the fuck can you not reach the bar being 6'4? Are you a literal T-Rex?

I've never heard of anyone not being able to reach the bar

I'm a 6'4 lanklet as well, and I do Sumo deadlifts as they require less stretching for me to perform. If I stretch more before I can do conventional deads, but they're certainly more difficult and require more stretching. My legs are long and torso are long and my arms are proportionally correct for my height, you sound like you're in the same boat.

Are you able to get a photo of you miming picking up the bar? Are you in a squatting position before pulling, or are your legs locked?