>1996
>Be 4
>My dad owns a gym
>Vividly remember these days, its literally just straight muscle heads and aerobic bitches
>All of the men are super jacked, all of them know eachother very well, its like a brotherhood
>Gym closes in 2002 because huge fitness center comes to town, its bitter sweet but time to move on, never forget my days growing up in that gym and how overtly masculine everyone there was while still being extremely caring and kind

>2018
>be 25
>Start working out with the intention of someday being a muscle dummy, want to get into fighting, starting out doing strength training, slowly getting stronger
>Go to the gym a few times a week
>Dont see anyone thats super jacked their that often
>Lots of dudes in man buns, lots of overweight women doing treadmill
>The gym just seems like a weird hipster thing for most people, nothing like what I remember from growing up
>Go to a few other gyms in the area to see if its different, it isnt, its worse at most places.
>Look around at society, there isnt these super jacked dudes much anywhere anymore now that I think of it, mainly just see man tits and slobs
>Something changed
>Think back to growing up, sitting in the gym in the 90s while queen plays in the background and looking around watching dudes dead lift 350+ pounds, thinking "I'm never gonna be like these guys"
>Think of now, this is literally a dying breed, and my attitude is im gonna be one of the very last of them

So what happened to not only Gym culture but society at large? one of my male friends was recently saying to me "Well I was never that masculine" and I honestly cringed, growing up in that environment I didn't know such people existed, but now its the norm and masculine is repulsive.

Attached: 12239870_10153743094021974_6758033973554948546_n.jpg (960x839, 113K)

>>Dont see anyone thats super jacked their that often

how does somebody even mess that up

most people have become lazy and complacent. through feminism women are encouraged to not exercise as they are "beautiful at every size", this seems to have had a pass over effect to men as well who dont want to spend time getting in shape, instead they complain or jest about being fat while doing nothing to help themselves. I have two male friends who envy the fact that I go to the gym 6 days a week and always mire me, but they never have the drive to go themselves even though they say they want to and complain about being chubby

Attached: 1520678984137.jpg (3884x7735, 3.62M)

Claiming that all bodies are beautiful and that sexy has no shape. This movement legit killed the gym movement

What I find especially disturbing is my friends lack of interest and almost like they seem upset if I try to talk about fitness with them. Its seriously shined some light into how big of losers alot of people I associate with are. one of my friends just changes the subject to painting action figures and his collection of thousands of figures, I do find it kind of funny his wife is body positive. Another guy I know got angry because I told him I couldn't give him rides to work because I had to go to the gym, he offered me nothing and is 30 and lives on someones couch. None of the guys I grew up around in my old mans gym are anything like any guys I see anywhere today, unless theyre 10+ years older, I dont see anyone thats super jacked anywhere, even at the gym, and people are legitimately disgusted when i say I'm into fitness or want to get into good shape. I have 1 friend thats more of an acquaintance who I can talk to this stuff about, I honestly think that its gonna turn into people talking shit about me behind my back, ive already been called a try hard for even just starting strength training.

>le good old days

Attached: 1520574654838.jpg (979x832, 546K)

Find a local gym theres usually good ones that are attached to mma gyms. By good i mean its more equipment than at la fitness shoved into a small room and theres hardly anyone ever there.

>muh rose tinted glasses
>muh wrong generation

this. I go to a gym that has a reputation of being the bodybuilder gym in town. There are photos on the walls of all the men and women who competed.

It's got a sweet 80s early 90s aesthetic to it as well.

WISH WE COULD TURN BACK TIME

I want to start MMA this time next year, I need to get strong first, I'm gonna look for this.

My uni's rec center is nothing but jacked dude bros and 9/10 qts with asses that could kill if stared at for too long. Find a gym closer to a university and I guarantee you'll see different people.

Gyms like this are GOAT tier because they have both a natural normie-repellant effect and usually won’t tolerate too much silly bullshit from people still in the honeymoon phase.

Theres a gym for the university in my city but you can only get in it if you go to the university.

I see quite a few guys who are bigger and stronger than me at the gym, maybe every one in ten. my friends actually don't mind talking about exercise and stuff just they never do it, they got memberships at my gym, went 2/3 times a week for a month and then quit. they don't count calories or anything like that and then seem surprised when they don't lose weight. I've given them all the advice I can give, there's nothing I can do short of drag them to the gym with me at 6am

my god , you're like me in a different life.

Since my parents immigrated here, my only masculine experiences were from my culture. Typical man in charge of household/breadwinner/manual labor and typical woman housewife.

Despite the somewhat overly mysoginistic things I experienced, I was taught how to "be a man", or more accurately put, how to not be a little bitch. And it has come a long way. Nowadays I honestly can't believe how many unmasculine males I see around. And I can just tell by looking into their eyes... the lack of confidence, the inability to maintain eye contact, the insecurities, etc... Which makes the term "soyboy" so fitting as an insult these days.

Anyway, I know how you feel. I would suggest trying to find a gym dedicated to powerlifting, strongman or WL. Or just find a gym where the PLer's, WLer's, SM go. You'll be able to tell by walking in if people take strength training seriously. Maybe also see if the trainers have coaching certs for USAPL or OLYWL.

Or, be homegymgoi like me. Luckily I have a few close friends who I invite over to train with me even if they don't take it seriously, but respect that I do. If I knew you I'd invite you over faggot.

>dad met his life long friend at his gym between shifts at the video store that grandpa owned
>turned out to be his best man and my godfather
>known each other going on 40 years
>always asking me if I've spoken to someone at the gym or if I've made any friends there, have to tell him that no one speaks to each other at the gym anymore and that it's weird if you make eye contact or try to talk to someone, you're just there to train on your own now
>could see sadness and enthusiasm die in his eyes as he tells me times have changed

What happened bros? Was it the acceptance of gays into society so that any man could theoretically be a homo and you don't know it that killed male bonding? Was it diversification of our communities that stunted natural formation of said communities?

I just want a gym best friend

Faggots. The 90s were an objectively better time than right now.

when youre typing fast, almost like youre just talking through your hands, you just auto pilot one of the random there/their/theyre trio. the brain thinks/visualizes the sound and fires the neurons and before youve thought about which their to type youve already typed it.

really though, attacking grammar and spelling is meaningless

I feel like accepting faggotry is a huge part of it. Nowadays we can't have a close male bond without people questioning whether you're straight. I mean look at how we view them when interpreting historic people. Lots of men are considered "gay" because they were very close with other men not because they were friends.

This is very true, even i'm guilty of this. Like Alexander the great for example.

Pussyfication of the west