/owg/ Olympic Weightlifting general

>actually hit the bump limit edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
yashathoughts.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Feel free to post PRs, form checks etc.

Attached: oly_form.jpg (1008x707, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dMdn0uFUaew
youtube.com/watch?v=sEyqrwP1Yo4
youtube.com/watch?v=jmN9q1Ok-7Y
youtu.be/tCqKBXDMxl4
youtube.com/watch?v=qrcPc6EYMCA&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=xv9oCgLndZI
gist.github.com/acbraith/786db98d0b9fd0d357f8c3a7d0b3adcb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Snatch
Clean and Jerk
Complex
Squat
Accessories

Congrats you have a program

Made a PR 136 c+j yesterday, which gave me a PR 241 total. Also hit my best front squat double (150kg) for 6 doubles. Competition lifts aren't dialed in as I've been in a hypertrophy and strength block, but really excited to focus on them over the next 6 weeks. If all goes well, 115/140 will be my third attempts.

Niggers

holy fuck
this picture made me laugh
these fucking 'brainy' lifter personalities that make lifting weights out to be this super duper scientific brainy thing in order to have shit to say when making their youtube video or sell their book

I think you got the wrong thread

The clean and jerk/snatch are not bench press.

Any webm request?

just did some snatchs and oww my wrist hurts, especially when gripping the bar. time to buy straps?
lu xiaojun's best lifts

Attached: koha_120cj.webm (1200x1080, 2.63M)

Now just slice and dice

Mon: Snatch + C&J
Tue: Squat + acc.
Wed: rest
Thu: Snatch + C&J
Fri: Complexes
Sat: Squat + acc.
Sun: rest

>Thumbnail doesn't match webm....

my mind is blown.

>two snatch sessions in a day
bout ready to collapse now

Bullshit, there's no reason lifters shouldn't be doing some variation of the lifts every day. Also two days of squats, are you a fucking normie or something?

Attached: 1470528263572.webm (644x360, 2.27M)

> Had compression fractures in my lumbar region (l3, l4, l5) last august.
When is it safe to clean and snatch again?
> Doctors say no weightlifting ever again but I'm skeptical.
> I want to hear what anonymous strangers on a mongolian basket weaving forum think.

Well geez go ahead and destroy ur body for a dying sport! Hope you can still walk after 5 years.

Jk but srsly unless you're on a national level, 5 sessions a week is plenty

Are you talking about Zack "hungry skelly" Telander?

>that webm
cute

Attached: pyrros_dimas_snatch.webm (733x550, 1.06M)

OK, settle this once and for all
Snatch:

internal

or

external?

Attached: 1485147197222.jpg (1634x1168, 119K)

Internall. if someone says external, dont take them on as a coach.

Attached: Alexia 507 push jerk.webm (1920x1080, 1.62M)

How can Olympic lifting stay alive in the era of powerlifting and strongman?

Especially since people don't really care about the Olympics like they used to

By having trips that are strong. Dont worry bby ill be there soon.

It's mind boggling how his elbows never looked fully extended. How strong were his triceps to support that weight?

Unironically, Crossfit.

More attractive people need to start doing weightlifting, it's the only solution

If proper weightlifting integration is introduced into crossfit, then maybe.

Attached: aslan 100kg @ 73kg.webm (1920x1080, 943K)

There are plenty of good weightlifting coaches in crossfit, even Klokov and this dude give seminars but they have tens of thousands of boxes all around the world so obviously most teachers will suck especially since most of them are only level 1 certified. Doesn't mean there's no talent being discovered from crossfit and eventually transitioned into oly lifting.

>push jerk
It's a power jerk, his feet leave the floor.

How much will not doing front squats stop me from progressing my lifts? I absolutely hate front squats and am thinking about just doing back + overhead variations.

Dude's 225lbs

If you hate a movement you should probably doing much more of it

If you want to have any substantial improvement in your technique, you should be doing some variation of the lifts every session. And people should be squatting at least 3x a week, if not more, even if you're a casual.

Attached: CJ Cummings (69, 16 y-o) - 165-173-183kg Clean and Jerk Slow Motion - from YouTube.webm (1280x720, 1.96M)

Not the answer I wanted, but the one I expected

Olympic lifting is more popular with casuals now more than ever thanks to crossfit. Also, nobody respects powerlifting outside of the strength training community, because it's a low sport for mongoloids.

Attached: botev.webm (480x360, 2.08M)

Should I do starting strength before getting into weightlifting to have a solid base? Maybe with cleans instead of deadlift or something?

time to do wrist curls and farmer's walks you lil ninny

you fall off a roof and try to stick the landing or something?

You are fucking delusional, ever heard of diminishing returns?

Powerlifters don't look like atheltes, I think it discourages a lot of people. Powerlifting meets are also boring af

Starting strength has power cleans you brainlet, buy the book

They look like strength athletes. Plenty of Weightlifters in the heavier classes look like absolute butterballs.

>400lb butterballs in squat suits moving 6 inches while heavy metal blares and their buddies scream

vs

>400lb butterballs throwing hundreds of kilos overhead and standing up

One is a much more visually entertaining sport

I know, I mean like is doing another sort of clean (or snatch?) exercise instead of deadlift better for wanting to get into weightlifting? Ive heard people here say deadlift doesnt have much carry over

Because he's like 6'8. He should be into the 280s at his height. Therefore, he's a skellington

Forget the names, your bois getting stronger.
youtube.com/watch?v=dMdn0uFUaew
275 clean and jerk - miss

youtube.com/watch?v=sEyqrwP1Yo4
195 snatch

youtube.com/watch?v=jmN9q1Ok-7Y
235 clean and jerk

youtu.be/tCqKBXDMxl4
Bit on my toes but

>youtube.com/watch?v=qrcPc6EYMCA&feature=youtu.be

going for maxes wednesday. Given this is 75kg, do u guise think i could hit 80? even 85?

Do you guys have any recommendations for cutting while learning the Snatch and C&J? Aside from CICO, I'm wondering if there's anything you guys did that you saw good success with. Thinking of just tacking some conditioning onto the end of my workouts.

>t. fatfuck

Looked easy dude. I think you could do 85kg if you try

You can make linear progress on the lifts while cutting, considering it will mostly be technique, not strength, that holds back beginners (assuming you have a base of strength).

Attached: Naim Suleymanoglu - 1996 Atlanta World Record - from YouTube.webm (480x270, 1.54M)

is crossfit a bad place to find a coach

i want to learn the oly lifts

Yeah, that's sort of why I figured now would be a good time to cut. I'm still going heavy on some lifts (push pressing and squatting mostly), but since there's a lot of technique stuff I figured things wouldn't be too bad.

No, just make sure your coach isreputable

I learned and trained oly lifts at a crossfit gym for a few years and it was fine. There was some of the typical shitty crossfit stuff there, but they had legit olympic lifting training times all week as well. Check USAW's website for gyms near you with certified coaches and then maybe look into their website too if you can. Only reason I left that gym was due to moving states

>tfw wondering how anyone could possibly c+j 5 times their bodyweight

I'm a fucking retard

good left lad nice and snippety

form check plz

fuck off retard

fuck you, i hope your jerk sucks lmao

You go 85 probs, but stop doing that jerky start

4th week of an intermediate program when I got sick after spending the weekend in the city. Coughed so hard last weekend that I think I have myself a hernia. Not sick anymore but can't donshit without my bladder feeling like its poking out near my left hip crease. Wtf Veeky Forums why me...

Attached: image.jpg (1200x900, 229K)

conventional deadlifts have plenty of carryover but you could be doing clean deadlifts, snatch deadlifts, clean pulls, snatch pulls, pulls from the knee and so on, or better yet actual snatches and cleans

looked pree easy
should probably keep your back tight tho

Why haven't you done your tricep extensions today?

Attached: 1494387080277.gif (500x190, 991K)

Holy fuck. So clean alone are easy, jerks alone are easy. But clean and jerks fucking suckkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

maybe rack press

youll be okay, you can still lift

>ywn have a pixie weightlifting waifu

Why even try, brehs?

There's a few cuties at my gym but I feel like it would be weird to ask one of them out given that it's a pretty close knit/small group

youtube.com/watch?v=xv9oCgLndZI
Who else has a crew like clarence ?

These 3 post made me happy.

just did 100 reps of tricep extensions m8

You're supposed to do these every single session.

Snatch movement (hang snatch, snatch pull etc)

C&J movement (power clean, push press, etc)

Complex (C&J x2+2 etc)

Squat movement (front, back, overhead)

Accessories (Ab work, chest press, shoulder work etc)

gist.github.com/acbraith/786db98d0b9fd0d357f8c3a7d0b3adcb

>
I wouldn't recover enough. All sessions would just pretty much suck.

What are your stats? 101/125 + 157.5kg back squat here

oww my lower back

oww

is it worth it to pay 225$ for romaleo 3s? I've worn the 2s and heard the 3s wear out quicker but I'm set on them. Problem is they're all sold out and can only find them for 200+.

ok guys, serious question.
Am i the only one who sometimes punches his dick + nuts with the bar when doing snatches?

I hate when this happens.

>mfw

Attached: 1495395682899.gif (225x249, 808K)

sometimes I hit the tip of dink during snatches yeah, but never balls. It mostly happens because I'm extending too early.

yeah, its always my dick too....not very plesant.

why do they make u happy lol

Attached: 1520888394513.png (387x529, 349K)

damn

Attached: 1520559630896.jpg (800x600, 159K)

I catch the tip in cleans sometimes when i don't tuck everything away.

Attached: klokov_162_press.webm (853x480, 1.46M)

Best bumper plate brand for home gym? Price isn't really an issue, jusy want best quality. Looking for colored ones as I am used to those.

Attached: clarence_185_sn.webm (1280x720, 1.16M)

Eleiko.

Attached: 403500_344057782327255_1128435875_n.jpg (242x300, 16K)

Attached: 1518623159382.png (720x720, 125K)

I just got some klokov plates and I like them so far

I stole your apu

Attached: 1520626260775.jpg (320x320, 14K)

Stop letting your hips shoot up.

Attached: Tian_Tao_Rio_2016.jpg (240x323, 14K)

I get this shit coming down or on a deadlift but thats because im fat and the pubis juts foreward. The more weight i lose, the less it gets in the way. Down 25lbs and it barely happens now

Eleiko or Uesaka or however it's spelt

Any olympic lifters yall watch on youtube? I watch kris10pope and torokhtiy, but wish there were more

Era of powerlifting and strongman

Literal citation needed

Powershitting is gay

Strongman is a meme

>tfw you finally feel like you're improving

Finally extending somewhat correctly and pulling somewhat on time

Finally not yanking the bar up with my arms and using my legs

Feels good brehs

Attached: 1503952213603.jpg (1000x1500, 611K)

>Look at my routine for tomorrow
>Back squats 6x3 @ 80%
>Followed by 5x5 @ 70%

Fug

Attached: 1504133517929.jpg (830x1332, 136K)

I cleaned the bar off the platform to do jerks, and it went right into my nuts. Hurt like fuck.

Attached: Sanya (85) 211kg c+j.webm (800x720, 2.86M)

Yeah, that tends to happen when I don't fully extend my legs before the pull

It sucks