Remember that time where you didn´t grow no matter what you did? What was the reason?

You fixed it and grew. What was it?

-Not enough calories?
-Not enough protein?
-Training too often/ rarely?
-Not enough volume?
-Not enough intensity?
-Poor choice of lifts?
-Inconsistent schedule?

You name it. Perhaps you can help me find out why I´m stuck in a plateau for a long long while

Attached: 141691436.jpg (1500x1120, 124K)

I did a programme where i simply add a few pounds to the left every time instead of one that calculate based on percentage and shift between high reps and low reps

i have been lifting for 3 years and still havent stopped growing
i just make sure to sleep all i need, eat in a big surplus (dont care about getting fat) and most importantly never rest more than 30 seconds between sets and not follow rep schemes just do all the reps i can

Not enough training.

Was training each muscle hard, but once a week. Like 120 reps for chest.

calories and sleep mainly

Because I hit the natty limit after 6 months on SS and GOMAD

Attached: 1507763604988.jpg (738x742, 38K)

Did you get fat though? And do you stuff yourself or just eat unconcernedly?

low test

so you ran a cycle?

i began morbidly obese so i never got under 15%, i just eat what i feel like is enough for me and hover around that body fat. i focus on eating more after lifting and avoid simple carbs flour and sugar as they are the only foods that you can overdo without feeling full

and also drink 1 liter of grass fed semi skimmed milk

Nah, had to get bloodwork for other medical reasons. They ran hormone checks too for T4 T3 test etc... Test came back at 13.3 mmol/l

My old routine
>upper lower
>xULxULxx
>focus on 3x5
>deload If you fail two weeks in a row
>lacked enough accessory work like tricep, bicep volume and had no direct trap or lateral delt work
>did it because it was popular (fierce 5) and I didn’t know what I was doing

New routine
>PPL every other day
>PxPxLxPxPxLx
>rest day after every session
>can focus on individual muscle groups more
>routine aligns with my goals instead of someone else’s
>freedom of choosing which exercises I like and making sure muscles are hit sufficiently
>dumbells instead of barbells, better symmetry gains and ROM/joint health
>broad 6-8 rep goal on compounds instead of a fixed 3x5 scheme
>have yet to deload
>only deload if I fail to add reps for weeks in a row(has yet to happen)

It’s funny because technically the frequency is lower but I’ve been making better gains doing this. Not to mention I actually enjoy going to the gym and don’t feel murdered since I’m lifting for an hour instead of 1.5 hours. My arms are growing steadily and they weren’t on the other routine.

Attached: 59873170-23DA-421A-BE09-65560E46EB91.jpg (640x750, 67K)

Haven't fixed it yet, but main ones are
>not enough sleep
>not enough calories
>fasting for no reason
>too drained mentally and emotionally after work, thus shit workouts or skippong workouts
>not doing my rehab daily
>not sticking to the program

I pretty much make all the mistakes lol

I was training too much and I was stalling on the benchpress really hard. I tried lots of things, but nothing helped me. Until I tried doing less BP and I actually continued progressing kek. Also what helped me was shooting for balanced body. When I brought up my weak squats and deadlifts into strength standard where my bench was, bench and even ohp increased tremendously

these are really enlightening, thanks

ULx seems brutal if youre using compounds
and I also gained huge on the bench when I swapped for heavy DB

Followed a shitty bro split where I hit everything once a week, didnt really train legs because I fell for the "its all about the arms and abs bro" meme.

Later found out that squats and deadlifts build abs, in the end I had good arms and shoulders but hardly had abs and sticks for legs.

Now my diet is on point, I'm on PPL twice a week (PPLPPLoff), I hit everything twice a week. Not just my legs but my whole body is growing.

dear lord someone pls deliver for once and tell who this jungalo is?????

Yea it was brutal, especially on upper days because I was doing 4 upper body compounds and two accessories and now 2 compounds and 4 accessories, which is still challenging mind you but not so much that I’m burnt out. If I did an upper lower again using the knowledge I have I’d remove exercises completely to take advantage of the frequency better, I was getting chronic injuries and since I do a PPL the only thing I’ve had to overcome is elbow tendinitis but I’ve fixed that by experimenting with different tricep work.

Upper A
>flat bench/incline bench 3x6-8
>row/pull-up 3x6-8
>bicep exercise 3x8-12
>tricep exercise 3x8-12
>lateral raise 3x10-15
>rear delt exercise 3x10-15
>shrugs 3x8-12

Lower
>Squat/leg press 3x6-8
>RDL/deadlift 3x6-8
>Leg extension 3x8-12
>Leg curl 3x8-12
>Hanging leg raises 3xF
>Calf exercise 3x10-15

You could add more sets to the compounds if you needed to like 4x6-8 or even 5x6-8 That’s how I’d like to run one if I did it again but it’s still not ideal imo. I still much prefer PPL since you focus on individual muscles which is more ideal for growth in my experience.

Depression. It was severe so I didn't want to do anything but lie in bed all day and waggle my willy every now and then. I went to the gym perhaps once a week at best. Even then, I gave up on difficult sets easily.

Then it became extreme and I experienced complete death of my ego and sense of self-preservation. I lost all satisfaction from things like video games and fapping. So I only had lifting being able to provide me with any sort of stimulation. I switched to doing only lifting very heavy, and set a target weight and reps I would complete for the day, and I didn't care whether my body wanted to lift the weight or not.

Sometimes I failed 4 or 5 times on a lift and spent two hours at the gym hogging a barbell trying the same thing over and over. I didn't care how much pain I was in, or how tired I was, nor the stares I got. But I kept going until I either got the lift or I physically could not move the muscle group anymore. If it was a failure, I would try another lift, no matter what it was.

I broke through all my plateaus like this, and added 30lb to my bench, 47.5lb to my squat, 65lb to my deadlift, 20lb to my press, and 40lb to my row over about a month.

Anyways, the lesson here is that it is a mindset. You have to want to get the lift more than anything else in the world. Your mind must be blank and your entire focus and will must be on executing the lift. Nothing else matters at that moment but moving the weight to completion.
Of course, it helps if you are apathetic to any potential injury, but I wouldn't recommend taking the same route I did to achieve the same result.

Attached: 1520820195352.jpg (500x547, 138K)

I used to take zero supplements or protein powder so my growth was so slow.

I realized that steroids and external medication for my body was what I needed to look good so that's what I started using since last October and the results are great.

Still no fucking idea. I trained for 3/4 months, on a caloric surplus of around 500-1000, two to three protein shakes a day. 3-4 times a week, doing powerlifts.

I had minimal gains to show for it after those 3 months or so. I do remember my bench form being shit, but that's not the only thing I did obviously.

Nowadays Im hitting up the gym 3 times a week, doing a program I came up with basically, rooted in SS, but more db excersises to help progress and destroy muscles better.

I eat at a DEFICIT of 1000-1250 kcal bc I got overweight last year, and I can see visible amazing gains after almost two months of training. Sure a lot of it has to do with fat loss = definition. But I can lift more, I see muscles I never knew I had, and I look leaner at 30% bf than I did at 20%bf after I stopped training in the past.

I did however increase reps from 5 to 10 per exercise, so I guess targeting Type B muscles could've fixed me up?

Her name is Rebecca Bootyington

>Rebecca Bootyington
u cheeky fk