How do you think you’d do playing rugby, Veeky Forums? Are you big/tough enough for it?

How do you think you’d do playing rugby, Veeky Forums? Are you big/tough enough for it?

Attached: 5567CD50-A13D-4D93-810E-C566EC3C35B2.jpg (754x960, 103K)

>rugby
>tough
Lol. Anyone that played high school football would dominate in rugby.

Attached: Rugby vs Football.jpg (610x515, 177K)

Wrong, they gas out doing 10 second sprints in between advert breaks

Being big isnt impressive if you have the work capacity of a pensioner

Yeah American football players are all unfit cunts so they wouldn’t be able to catch the rugby players anyway

How is it that the American football player looks gayer than a bloke wearing pink

The handegger won't be able to use his steel armour to protect him in rugby though. He would get destroyed

college club coach thought it was a good idea to make me a forward at 5'11 150lbs. I stopped playing after about a month

I do play rugby.
So hard to keep making progress with lifts during the season but wont give up the game.

Some big fuckers on that pitch but I'd say its the general wear and tear of constant srpints/jogging + tackels, rucking, scrums rather than any single "big" hit that takes its toll.

Definitely bigger single hits in american football - almost inevitable when you stick young guys (who almost always feel indestructible anyway) in armour and a helmet

I find that whilst playing rugby I’m building muscle while staying lean such is the cardio I’ve been doing. Haven’t played since January due to a bad back and the gains haven’t felt the same since

>football

Attached: JJ_WATT_SEALE_QB-0022.jpg (654x846, 321K)

>would have to be taken off in five minutes playing rugby

>rugby

Attached: rugby.jpg (634x997, 91K)

*plays a full 80 minute game and drink 12 pints afterwards*

Still probably fitter than JJ pal

Based Jimmy

you just described 90 % of our university team

Part of the culture

I've played rugby, in a local club during college. It's fun as fuck, you don't have to be big, being tough mentally is a huge necessity though. I was running cross country so I was lean and fast as fuck. I would play back positions and help run the ball. Whatever your bodytype, there's a suitable position.

I highly encourage you to try it, your aerobic fitness will go through the roof and it's fun as hell.

The guy in pink still looks tougher lmao. What a joke

But being big certainly helps, especially if you’re still able to be powerful while big

he wear orange doofus

Sure. Plenty of big guys can't run though. There area few of those adonis types that have it all, tall and muscular, big enough but still agile. You've got to work with what you're born with though and if you play club, it honestly doesn't fucking matter.

Playing sports and being in the military, some of the toughest guys I've ever known were little guys. Some of the biggest cheesedicks were guys who looked like they should be gods, but just couldn't hack it.

I think you might be retarted. That's definitely pink.

I guess yeah, but at top age grade rugby in places like NZ or even England you’d be hard pressed to find many forwards under 100kg

i used to play rugby but i quit since you cant increase your lifts at all due all the aerobic shit you do

I used to play. No way I'd have ever cut it as a pro, but I wasn't too bad. Big enough I was always assigned to the forward pack, small and fleet enough I was always a flanker, usually blindside.

Attached: Milwaukee RFC.jpg (236x203, 10K)

Rugby is just a one way ticket to snap city

The number of people I know that have snapped their shit up doing it is staggering

Broken wrists
Torn ACLs
Dislocated shoulders
etc

Kek

Yup, it’s fucking brutal

American football injuries are much more brutal. Just saying.

Attached: 630x420_LattimoreInjury-300x200.jpg (980x653, 56K)

2 time state champion wrestler and im doing amateur mma rn in college, yea, i could do it. Rugby is for EU fags who think they are tough anyways

IRELAND ARE THE BEST BITCHES.

Kek you sound like you’d get ripped apart on a rugby field

>He thinks mma and wrestling have anything to do with rugby
Christ, you're retarded. Didn't expect much from a mutt desu.

Not well. I am shit with any games where you have to handle a ball, I am even worse with an egg ball. I played touch "rugby" few and couldnt handle it. I guess with training its doable but rugby is very much a team game its also cultural, thats why people of certain countries like it and play it.

I like top tier rugby players because they are usually tall and muscular and the sport itself is demanding (unlike players in other sports like fucking football or basketball) apart from that the games is stupid

OP asked about toughness. fight me irl without ur rugby skull shaping helmet puci

You've never ever felt a bone crushing rugby tackle and been forced to get up and go again and again. You haven't a clue, mutt. And I'd say 10% of rugby players actually wear scrum caps.

bone crushing indeed

Attached: peakathletisicm.jpg (1500x1056, 229K)

Rugby hits aren't as violent as you think they are, retard.

On average, a tackle in football generates 3x more force than a "tackle" in rugby.

Attached: dog-pryce-blog480.jpg (480x314, 45K)

Nice job watching a bunch of roided up retards wearing knee pads(so they don't scratch their knees when they're sucking dick after the gane) hit each other while wearing shoulder pads and helmets(so their tampons don't fall off after getting hit).

I love how you put the tackle in quotation marks for rugby to imply that it's not a proper tackle lol. In NFL they literally just run at each other and shoulder charge. So much technique in that tackle brooooo

>niggercollide

They don't wear the armor to protect themselves.
They wear the armor so they can hit each other harder with more confidence and pretend that they are protecting the players when parents and insurance people ask around.

Football players who've played pro or even college for long enough are all fucked forever.
That's a fact.

>all these yuropoors think that rugby is anywhere near as tough as American football

they literally almost banned the sport because people were dying

the hits are harder and the game is much more intense

I’ve know a few broken collar bones

Well I say a few it was the same guy rebreaking it a few times

rugby > football by a wide margin

Attached: 14168557655756.gif (410x212, 2.35M)

okay...
I popped my shoulder out of joint during a play and popped it back in before the next play.
We still lost that game.

You have to realize that most football players are borderline retarded and just want to see 2 dudes smash each other to entertain themselves. The bigger and more roided up they are the better. Any game involving strategy or technique makes their head hurt. They'd rather sit there for 4 hours(2.5 of which are commercials) and watch roided up freaks smash each other than watch an 80 minute game that involves a little strategy or technique.

...but you're wearing body armour you retarded fuck

>watch roided up freaks smash each other than watch an 80 minute game that involves a little strategy or technique.

The fuck are you talking about you faggot?
What strategy and technique is there in Rugby?
They're all roided out freaks running into each other or jogging slowly in the outfield while a few guys fight over a ball and soft tackle each other.

There's no technique or strategy in that shit.

Genetically superior athletes play both, and could be successful in both sports. Stupid discussion. At high school levels, you'll have losers on both sides as well.

Attached: 1515185753648.png (527x700, 909K)

I'm 1,68m so I always played as half scrum.
Great sport, best bodies (no homo), and superb camaraderie.

>remember that time when I tackled a 2m height guy. Again, I'm 1,68m. Absolutemadman.jpg
Hockey girls mired.

Attached: Tuilagi vs Ashton.gif (498x296, 981K)

Go wear your knee pads so your knees don't hurt when you're giving a post game blowjob. Also, don't forget to put some of your tampons under you shoulder pads so your shoulders don't hurt too much. You're fucking retarded bro. By bro I mean never my bro, fucking faggot.

>They don't wear the armor to protect themselves.
Lmao.

Tackling tall people is easy though especially if you're short,way easier to get below their hips and break them down. Tackling short fat dudes is the hardest and most scariest for me.

>b-but we have hoggy

this is why I don't play contact sports. I just lift heavy and have the physique of a rugby player, comes without the damaged brain and body

>snap city
Nigga, I've seen guys that ended quadriplegic after the scrum went wrong.
Neckpill is not a joke.

dat feel when you're a flanker and don't have to worry about getting your neck smashed in or having a deformed face. Who here knows dat feel?

Kek

You’re a mong who’s clearly never played rugby lol, strategy is a huge part of the game

I fucking hate Rugby vs Football threads, because I love both sports. Can't we just get along? Football players are athletic and strong as fuck, and so are Rugby players. Why do we have to fight? Rugby vs Football is like my parents fighting.

I have no hate for my football brethren, I only have hate for retards who talk shit about rugby because their coach put them in for 5 minutes after they were up by 50 points their senior year.

Same, it's a suicidal sport where you show other men how tough you are by destroying your body. No thanks.

Agree, mate. It's like stopping a full closet.
This guy was tall, not fat at all but a bit thick. Once on the ground my mind was in total blank and the boys we laughing...., even if the ball was still being played.

i'm not gay enough for rugby

Yeah you probably aren’t big enough anyway

Probs

They tried to get me to play winger while I was in high school and i was an athlete (110 hurdles). Wasn't keen on the head/neck injuries.

>he doesnt realise most professional footy teams crosstrain in bjj and/or judo

You're retarded

Kek

This.