/fast/ # 143 - Who let the chain die again edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be

While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Attached: 2ab.gif (466x367, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Bm5Yj9h8O-E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Last thread

Can you do a dry fasting regime like OMAD? Will it work?

I've been doing OMAD for a week now and thought of only drinking at that one meal time each day...will this have a desired effect of increased fat loss??

Who else have reached their weight loss goals? What are you working on now?
Me, I'm trying to put in some muscle by lifting while still doing IF. I've gained 3lbs now. How do I know that it's muscle?

Attached: bathroom 1.jpg (1760x2640, 624K)

What was your starting weight before fasting?
Curious because your skin is really nice and doesn't look loose at all. No homo.

Who here Keto IF? Running 20:4 atm. I'll either be having this as my OMAD, or have something after the gym. It'll end up being 22:2 today, cause I got to hit the sack in a bit.

Chicken Legs, Spinach, and Broccoli. I always eat the veg first and make sure there's tons of it, to fill me up. I could still eat another 2 legs though. And another serving of the veg.

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-12 Blade Montane - r bb ( workliftsleeprepeat) • Instagram photos and videos.png (750x562, 1.1M)

How important is water, exactly?
I feel like a dry fast would be just as easy as a water fast. I'm hardly thirsty through the day and only drink water because I'm told I have to to lose weight faster, I don't think I'm convinced about that though.

Attached: DC7HnvwUIAAf5ID.jpg (722x902, 99K)

Wasn't that much, but it was around 175. Some of it is loose if you look closely. I've posted my before pics here last week.

Attached: sort of loose skin.jpg (597x597, 41K)

ANSWER ME PLZ

>first time on a week long fast
>hungry af ~35 hours in

The hunger goes away after the 2-3 day mark r-right

Attached: 1520655396187.jpg (705x527, 247K)

How do I end a water fast?
6th day and I have to end it tomorrow due to job

Attached: animeme.png (704x704, 794K)

lmao

>tfw for me first day is stupid easy while every day after that gets progressively harder

Keto and bone broth.

Lads I need advice

I ended a fast five days in because my heart rate had increased to over 100bpm, and I figured eating again and getting a steady source of potassium would fix that.

It's now two days later and my heart is still beating as fast. Short of seeing my doc (which could take days), what should I do?

W-what

Attached: CcEy8eHUYAAH5T1.jpg (618x390, 49K)

Should I be eating OMAD or the body will accustom to eating normally 3 meals a day after fasting?

Attached: scare.gif (500x532, 904K)

Fasted for 100 hours and didn't drop a pound.

What do you think went wrong user?

OMAD of course. Don't make it a three mealer. Unless you're skinny, then it doesn't matter much.

Is the 0 muscle mass a meme or not?

I dont understand how your body eats up only fat, when ketosis starts around day 3.
I just want to get rid 7-8 pounds for my abs.

It can be a good strategy if you can do it. You'll go into autophagy faster while still being able to eat frequently enough for most exercise programs. Dunno how much it would impact fat loss vs regular OMAD in the long term, but definitely you'd see a big difference from lack of water weight early on.

I like mixing them in on days when I don't have to do anything, in weeks when I'm not eating very many carbs. I find dry fasting & being active gets me super lightheaded//increased heart rate (I've got fairly low blood pressure in general, perhaps this ties in somehow)

Adding to this, it's only when I put my hand on my chest I feel it being fast. When I check through the pulse it's perfectly normal.

My heart can't beat faster than my pulse surely?

>ketosis starts around day 3

I generally start getting that distinct keto taste in my mouth less than 40 hours in, especially if I hit the gym in that timeframe (haven't bothered using the strips so I can't be 100% sure). I've been doing 36-56h fasts multiple times per week every week so far this year, and I haven't noticed any significant loss in my lifting capacity...except for back squats, but the fact that literally everything else has stayed the same or even gone up makes me wonder if that is some unrelated thing I've done to my hamstrings.

I honestly have no fucking idea. I went to the gym everyday, at first I thought it was me holding on to water.

I definitely noticed increased heartrate when I did a 45h dry fast last week (no problems at all doing 36h water fasts the other days). Was definitely concerning (especially because it was accompanied by this spaced out feeling like I was constantly on the verge of fainting), but went away after a few days of knocking back salt, meat, fruit, and mineral water.

Still trying to figure it out myself, because I want to continue doing dry fasts from time to time...

There have been times when I fasted immediately after a day of eating shitty (lots of bread etc), and didn't see any significant loss until I refed with a bunch of fibre & finally dispelled the massive shit(s) I'd been holding onto.

Less than a pound in 100 hours still seems weird, though.

a few questions man

how much do you weight and your bf
how much do you want to lose and why
how much do you lose per 36h fast
do you exercise and how much during your 36h and what kind of training
what do you reccomend for my case and why.

Attached: lelbearlel.jpg (740x542, 86K)

Cheers dude.

The first day I tried it, I couldnt think. My brain just wasnt working and I felt like a fucking mong...the second day I felt absolutely fine, even more focused than normal. Fucked up and ended up just doing 'wet' OMAD for the next few days but going to start the 'dry' OMAD regime again tomorrow.

I did notice that over the two days I done dry OMAD I lost about 2lbs of weight but most of that would have been water I reckon. Going to try this for couple of weeks and post my results. I'm at 11" 7' and 22% BF right now...hoping to get down to 18% before I go back onto normal OMAD and see what happens.

Can tea , as in just water and the tea bag, break a water fast?

Dont think so...

I drink green tea with a splash of lemon juice...the lemon juice might be fucking things up for me incidentally...

>how much do you weight and your bf
im 180 and hes 120

I just did a 2 day fast to level out my blood sugar and it was pretty great but I broke it with some chicken noodle soup and I had diarrhea 20 minutes after eating. Is this normal? Is there a way to avoid this because I liked the fast but I hate having the runs more

Anyone here who has done water fasting + yohimbine?

Dumb question:
Does your body burn off fat while you sleep or does it do it throughout the day?
I'm on day 7 but I've only lost 2 pounds, yet I have had trouble sleeping

two day fast NEXT MONDAY YEET
youtu.be/Bm5Yj9h8O-E

Attached: 2016-09-26_11h43_32.png (250x233, 43K)

Yes, diarrhea is normal for all types of fasting, it's only a real problem during the fist week though

>Does your body burn off fat while you sleep
no, you are literally completely dead while you sleep so your body uses zero energy.

This
fucking redpill yourself and understand half the time we are alive we are actually dead.

Yeah, eat better food when you break your fast.
Your body was not used to the stuff in the chicken noodle soup and shot that shit out of your body as fast as possible.

Your body burns calories all of the time.
And it might be because your body is converting to keto/using it's own stores of food and is keeping you awake.
It's what happened to me anyway.

To those of you in the middle of a fast: how much longer do you plan to go before breaking your fast? What are you going to eat?

Attached: 1519109798235.jpg (708x480, 37K)

damn. Oh well, OMAD has had me feeling pretty damn healthy so I'll just stick to that and maybe go full keto diet because fuck sugar messes up my mood so much now.

woah

Attached: 0fsspb0i1e401.jpg (1711x925, 70K)

what food would you recommend? I read on a few websites to have chicken broth so I figured chicken noodle soup was pretty good and that 2 days wasn't enough to fuck with my digestive system anyway.

This.

I suggest starting with something like watermelon. Don't binge right away. Just eat a little every two hours. Stick to light food.

I'm going to keep going until I reach my weight goal, breaking it with cheese and a salad

How much do you weigh and what is your goal weight?

>I suggest starting with something like watermelon. Don't binge right away. Just eat a little every two hours. Stick to light food.
Stupid. Refeeding syndrome is caused by sudden high-carb intake with low phosphate levels.

He needs to eat low-carb and eat some lean meat, fish, or beans.

171 fasting till 150lbs

I'm on day 8. I originally intended to go 41 days, but now I plan to refeed when my body tells me that it is the appropriate time (when the extreme hunger kicks in). I'll break my fast with watermelon. Then wait a couple of hours and have some bone broth or soup. Then a couple hours later have some salad. I'll keep it light for the first day or two before going into full binge mode.

fug, good luck user.

Watermelon does sound pretty good. Doesn't it raise test or something?

try keto for couple of days before you start next time, worked for me

I read from a few online sources that watermelon is a good stepping stone to breaking a fast since it's mostly water anyways and won't overwhelm your digestive system. I'm not sure if it raises test though.

Dry fasting has its benefits but is hazardous as there are limits as to how long the human body can go without drinking.

I seem to recall that Cole (Snake Diet guy) did a 10-day dry fast, but that guy is a bit of a psycho.

Why not try it and see how you go, but remember to carry a litre of fresh water with you wherever you go in case of the sudden onset of symptoms (dizziness, fainting, etc.).

Still not sure I would recommend more than 4 days first time around though.

>Can tea , as in just water and the tea bag, break a water fast?
No. Literally zero calories in tea unless you add them (e.g. milk, sugar, lemon, artificial sweeteners, etc.)

Does cum break my fast?

Shit, you're right where I'm at. What is your height? I'm 5'8", at my fittest I was 159lb. Need to get there again but it may not be possible because I think I have more muscle now.

omad with breakfast after you get home from the gym

>Does your body burn off fat while you sleep or does it do it throughout the day?
In my experience, my body burns off fat continuously throughout the day, but seem to lose more weight at night, although I am led to understand that this is mostly water weight through sweating.

will applesauce break my fast

Will breakfast break my fast?

Will the scent of a sweet smelling shampoo break my fast

>I suggest starting with something like watermelon

>I'll break my fast with watermelon

Because a shit load of fructose is just what I need to spike my insulin after a fast to reduce my insulin dependence...

On second thoughts, maybe not...

Attached: Drooling Pepe.jpg (1920x1541, 145K)

Fuck off tripfag, let him enjoy his food post-fast.

FUCK I WANT TO EAT

EVERYTHING LOOKS AND SOUNDS SO YUMMY FUCK ME

I know coke is bad and should be avoided at all costs but if I drink just one coke Zero can will it break the fast?

People on here say the sweeteners will trigger an insulin response. No idea if that's actually true or not, but it makes sense.

What I'm wondering is what happens when the body realizes there's no calories in the thing it just triggered a response over.

Coke Zero is better than original Coke, but it's still loaded with tons of artificial sweeteners and flavour enhancers that will kick your body's insulin response into overdrive.

Don't do it bro.

This is one of the reasons we suggest a pre-fasting detox to get rid of the worst of your addictions (primarily sugar and complex carbohydrates) beforehand, since it is those addictions that are most likely to derail fasting.

>complex carbohydrates
you mean simple right

No, when I say sugar I mean simple carbohydrates. Complex carbohydrates are things like rice, pasta, potatoes and other starchy vegetables.

I'm like 90% sure all of that is still considered simple. My understanding was complex = fiber.

nvm I'm wrong. Learn something new every day.

How often should I do extended fasts (3-5 days) from your experience?

I'm planning on doing it twice a month, alternating fasting and eating weeks while I'm on a weightloss. Eating weeks will still be fairly OMAD and I'm gonna be doing this mostly to save up money while I'm losing fat.

I'll still be taking vitamins I'm on the snake juice, and I'm 5'11, 265, 37% body fat right now in case that's relevant.

>Learn something new every day.

Which is why we're here bro. I'm 50 and still stunned by how much shit I don't know.

I still learn new stuff every day.

Depends on how much cum you downing

I’m about a month into OMAD with three 48-hour fasts so far, and looking forward to trying a slightly longer one soon.
Beyond the weight loss and improved energy, it’s really been incredible observing the power hunger holds over us when I’m at work. People (and me until last month) constantly snacking on fruit, complaining about hunger and fatigue, wishing that lunch would be sooner, panicking that a meeting has been set up during lunch, praying someone brought cake for afternoon coffee, crashing in the afternoon, dreading grocery shopping on your way back during rush hour etc.

It’s so freeing to be rid of that hunger and to knpw that you’ll be perfectly fine without eating something every 60 minutes.

Each teaspoon of cum has only 5 to 7 calories, so you'd need to drink a lot to kick you out of ketosis. It does contain some good micronutrients though.
- Fructose (sugar)
- Water
- Ascorbic acid (a.k.a., Vitamin C)
- Citric acid
- Enzymes
- Protein
- Phosphate and bicarbonate buffers (bases)
- Zinc

You forgot the sodium and potassium that are essential for /fast/

Just hit 24hrs on my first fast. It was pretty easy. Starting to feel hungry for the first time. I imagine it'll get worse before it gets better? Anyway I'm feeling too proud of myself to fuck it up now.

Attached: C9C07D2C-8E25-432B-BA3F-87AD321446C3.jpg (2918x2968, 1.67M)

>You forgot the sodium and potassium that are essential for /fast/

Isn't cum the very definition of Snake Juice?

Cole should try cum fasting

You can eat and not eat whenever you want. It doesn't matter all that much. The longer and more frequently you fast, the more weight and insulin resistance you'll lose. If you have social obligations, you can eat, then go back to fasting immediately. For 20 hours or for 2 weeks. That's the beauty of the thing. You can do whatever you want. There's only one rule: just stop eating.

Wait, did you say you're right feet tall?

Snekman puts lemon juice into snek juice.

Sharing this strategy I have for managing cravings. I find it's better for me to keep watching food videos in youtube or smell good food when I can in order to desensitize myself from those things temporarily.

I mean it's autistic as fuck but it works super good for me.

>my heart rate had increased to over 100bpm
wow instaed of asking people on a Korean cartoon recycling center , you should see a doctor.

Attached: barf.jpg (2494x2005, 767K)

>OMAD for 6 months
>Lost around 45ibs
>dog, my only and best friend, passed away
>got depressed so i started eating more
>tfw i gained all my weight back plus 10 more
>mfw i try to repeat but i can not get back into OMAD

WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME ALL THE TIME. LIFES GOING GOOD AND THEN SOMETHING FUCKS ME UP AND I LOSE MOTIVATION TO EVER DO IT AGAIN

Attached: 1520610850244.jpg (600x484, 24K)

get another doggo

First time doing more than 1 day, on 58 hours mark now.
I got fucked up yesterday though.
Got really dizzy everytime I get up from laying down/crouching, even almost fall at one point.
Drank some salt water and I'm okay again now.
Also lose 4.5kg since the last time I ate.

240 ish lbs at 6'1"
im gonna fast till im about 170ish
ive got a fair ammount of muscle though so that number might be a little higher
wish me luck lads
what do you reckon the time frame will be? i intend to cycle every day about 500-1000 calories away

Didn't really fast until recently but I dropped 57lb in 4 months on by eating 1k everyday (with some cheat days)
I'm sure it will be much faster If I'm discipline, or actually fasting

thats a good effort
in 2015 i managed to lose 45lbs in almost three months doing keto and swimming vigorously once a week with additional exercise but now i want to do something which will make me lose my bad eating habits and shed off weight quickly

Fasting literally reboots everything. I don't know if anyone else experienced this but even my alcohol cravings get shut out along with the food cravings. You're gonna make it man

thanks friend
were all gonna make it

Cream of Tartar is the only accessible good source of non-caloric potassium for me since online shopping is shit in my area. Is it ok for snek juice? How many do you put in say 500ml?

What are Veeky Forumss thoughts on water intake during extended fasts? Should I drink water every day until my urine is clear, or just drink when thirsty?

Just until you are not thirsty. Keep an eye on your sodium and potassium. Go in keto if you can, for easiest experience.

>40 day fast finally over
>still couldn't eat anything because stuck at the fucking night shift
FUCK

I've started doing 19:5 IF recently and I've lost 10 lbs so far. What I dont understand is how Im supposed to get 185 g of protein in 1 meal (I weigh 185). I would either get too full or would have to eat a ton of calories to get to that amount. Is the 1g/lb of protein a meme?

Attached: 1429905231504.png (470x483, 513K)

>tfw about to go to bed
>breaking my fast tomorrow

lmao smell ya later, hungry dorks.

Attached: literally you rn.webm (880x495, 1.02M)

>tfw 6'0 at 180
>trying to fast for the first time
>mom makes my favorite bbq ribs for dinner
>mfw

Attached: uv3izq6iv0gz.jpg (500x332, 15K)