What does Veeky Forums think about Dna testing...

What does Veeky Forums think about Dna testing? I'm about to drop 159$ on 23andme health+ancestry report and having second thoughts on placing the order

Attached: dae8153f8ff393fac746dbf1fed67963.png (628x414, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

squawker.org/culture-wars/dna-testing-companies-like-23andme-admit-adding-fake-african-ancestry-to-white-profiles-in-order-to-screw-with-racists/
insideedition.com/investigative/21784-how-reliable-are-home-dna-ancestry-tests-investigation-uses-triplets-to-find-out
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They try and pretend like there will be "surprises" in your DNA, but it's not true. You pretty much know what it is before you even get it.

The only surprises are 1% and less, which are so nugatory as to be totally not worth mentioning.

“Muh Jews”

Literally the only argument against it. Other than the health aspect of it. There’s some stuff I wish I never learn like if you carry the breast cancer gene

>paying jews to keep a record of your dna
Wew lad. Absolute best goy

not op but I agree about their marketing being pretty dumb, it's basically being sold as some way to find out that you are "actually X" and can find some other identity (usually self hating whites)

Some of the adds are pretty much le56% memes. Though it's pretty rare that you'll find much out that you didn't already know (if you have geneological records). Personally though I have a german surname and my tests came back with irish/scottish/english (which was expected) and a little south european (expected) but also a significant portion scandinavian (~20%) and not even trace amounts of DNA from germany proper, or the continent in general.

Otherwise the stuff about predisposition to diseases could be useful in prevention, but the rest is kinda stuff that is "just for fun".

If you have the money to piss away or you'd just like to be "certain" of your lineage for whatever reason they are pretty cool, not sure what else they'd be good for.

I just did it. Confirmed I'm my parents' son. The only really useful thing was finding I have a gene that predicts macular degeneration. Ran the report through foundmyfitness, it had a few more neat things, like I found out I have a gene that makes me metabolize vitamin e poorly so I should consume more than usual, and another one where I metabolize beta carotine poorly as well so should also up intake there.
So yeah, it was neat, don't regret it. Just be sure to do the foundmyfitness report too, it's free.

Whoops other way around with vitamin e, I actually have an inflammatory response rather than anti-inflammatory, so should consume less.

Never heard of this but i ran mine through promethease and now i know all the horrible ways i will probs die

The best way to do it is to just get the ancestry kit, then send the results to Promethease who does it for like 5$

>poor beta carotene uptake/conversion

Just eat actual vitamin A.

>inb4 muh toxicity

That was the recommendation, eat animal organs.

promethease looks scary, like it's listing the ways you will probably die but can't do anything about. Was there anything useful in the report?

Actually, the whole thing was really interesting, esp the parts warning about risk factors; just realize you'll have the iron throne of damocles over your head forever after

sounds too spooky, I'll pass

I thought it was the sword of damocles. And I thought it had something to do with being a metaphor symbolising the inherent dangers that come with ruling.

Lol, I might check it out, looks incredibly interesting.

Thank you

no, all wrong, he sits on a sword and has a throne hanging over his head, symbolizing the health risks in his dna crashing down on him eventually

i used the raw data and sent it to athletigen to get these results. i got my 23andme done when it was much cheaper so im pretty happy with the purchase

Attached: muhjeans.jpg (1427x988, 213K)

>the iron throne of damocles

Attached: 2017-11-03_19-52-49.png (179x149, 71K)

Basic ancestry kit will give you all the raw DNA data?

>less focused under pressure
KEK
U
C
K

>power-oriented muscle performance
>endurance-oriented
>at the same time
what did they mean by this

Yes I know it means you're just unremarkable/average.

I have read the fine print and these companies retain your DNA records and reserve the right to do anything they want with it. While no current risk exists, i don't like the idea of corporations or the government someday seeking out my DNA for commercial, nefarious or law enforcement purposes.

I think there is a great market out there for a company that does what 23andMe do but that promises to delete all of your data after providing it to you. I'd pay double what 23andMe charges for this type of product.

>What does Veeky Forums think about Dna testing?

I think it's only a mater of time before the FTC shuts them down for false advertising and making bullshit medical claims.

don't worry, they probably won't want to use your shitty DNA for anything

Keep in mind you are asking the least intelligent board

Attached: 036bb51eb9c89ead1211058e50b278e2.png (1187x378, 36K)

>sending your DNA to the jew and giving him money for it
Good goyim

I knew some faggot would say this. The point is that corporations already pay to get your commercial/browsing behavior and it's probably only a matter of time before they seek out your DNA.

And what do you care? Products are created/sold to fit your needs.

They put in less than 1% of random dna because it means 0%, but works well for getting people to share their results. Can’t be assed to look for source, I read it somewhere a few months ago

i found out that im quarter italian. i didnt know that.

Because i find most marketing to be annoying and obscene. Why the fuck do you care that i don't want my DNA floating around? Is that really such an objectionable stance to take?

You're in the thread that's making inquiries about dna testing and you post your shit tier concerns in it, you baboon.

im interested in this

have fun having your dna planted at a crime scene you dumb penis licker

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 6.56.48 PM.png (498x359, 151K)

dont trust the origin reports of these test. only the racial reports. download ur dna and reupload to a site where u can check ur racial backround. probably in ur case u are celtic germanic, which the test missinterpreted as english, irish. my father is 100 percent german but got english back for example

This is funnier if you change "normal dna" to "white dna"

My sister paid like $100 for that, with blood test and everything.
It came out that she's a mix of like 5-10 races or so. (Like everyone else)
It's fucking useless

Attached: 6ee.jpg (491x491, 40K)

>like everyone else
el ogro americano

I just got my results back:
98.8% European (50% NW, 20%, Eastern, 29% Balkan)
.6% North African
.3% West African
.2% Native America/East Asian

La Creatura...

I don't believe all that residual shit, though. Perhaps the North African, but nothing else.

Attached: 1520775945933.jpg (600x800, 124K)

jajaja

>.6% North African
>.3% West African
>.2% Native America/East Asian
How does this even happen? Some ancestor accidentally got some nigger precum on her hands when they were branding the slaves or something?

I'm not the only person that doesnt want their DNA out there in the hands of some unaccountable corporation. Just because you don't care about your information doesn't mean nobody does.

> get 23andme results
> mfw 50% ashkenazi jew, 50% white
> mfw white nationalist whomst consumes TRS content
> mfw Jazz and Jesse hangs up on me

Attached: c3b.jpg (456x320, 14K)

Don't waste your money, mutt.

the i am jazz jazz? bro...

Attached: i-am-jazz-1_d9qfde.jpg (640x360, 39K)

What the fuck is the point?
The best DNA testing kit on the planet is a mirror.

NO! I haven't read through the replies yet, but there has never been a worse privacy nightmare than this. I would give my bank number to Nigerian Princes before giving my actual genetic code to strangers. Why do you even ask this?

Attached: no.jpg (696x394, 33K)

I have absolutely no idea how the East Asian/Native American come into the picture. There is no indication, whatsoever, that any of my forebears were East/Asian. No reasonable inference can be drawn, either.

Now, I am part Greek, so perhaps the North African makes sense. And perhaps through the North African, I retain a virtually non-existent trace of Negroid. But that also doesn't make much sense, because my Greek-ness was accounted for in the report.

I look at it as an inaccuracy, though. As far as I'm concerned, I'm 100% European/100% pure Bavarian phenotype.

Raised by step father.
Mom tells me I’m half Hispanic.
Dna test results 23% African.

El Abominacion...

ahahahaha.

la luz extinguido

la creatura

British & Irish
42.2%
United Kingdom
French & German
27.7%
Netherlands
Scandinavian
5.7%
Denmark
Italian
2.7%
Ashkenazi Jewish
0.2%
Broadly Northwestern European
20.5%
Broadly Southern European
0.3%
Broadly European
0.4%

This didn't teach me anything I didn't already know. I suspect the small Ashkenazi Jew was (((them))) messing with my results. When I first got the test it said 0.1%. My issue is that I was stupid enough to send my DNA to some Jew company who will turn around and sell it off to the highest bidders. It will probably be used to make bio weapons or something. And I paid them money to make it happen.

Yes, mine confirmed what I already knew.

I'm a fucking Euro-mutt.

*La

Waste of money IMO. You can get a pretty good idea what you might have floating around in your genes by looking at your parents/grandparents. I guess if you're one of those weirdos like the ones on the commercials who hopes to find themselves by learning just how white you really are, you can get some closure or something.

Las*

>Ashkenazi Jewish 0.2%
you probably just got some anscestor from the same area as Ashkenazi jews (around northern caucasus.)
Ashkenazi jews were originally caucasian people who converted to judaism i.e not some semite shit skins.
So congrats you might be 0.2% Caucasian. Or Jewish. Or neither cuz these tests suck.

Not sure why there's so much disdain for the tests. For mutts like myself it is very useful. I found out I'm half native American and 30% white with some other mixed traits. I knew I'd have both of those but not that what extent or from what regions in Europe. If you have a good perspective of your family history it's probably redundant besides the raw data which can be used with third parties.

>as if they weren't planning to breed das ubermensch
>as if your shit lower-middle class genes would qualify
>as if they don't already know who and what they are looking for, and just screening plebs for the cash / lulz
I bet you thought the NSA was gonna kick your door down too

They place random minority percentages to "confuse" racists ie people with 100% white heritage. Result is usually someone like a first generation Russian immigrant having "

Turks contain trace amounts of Native American. One of your Greek ancestors probably got raped by one.

bullshit. ashkenazi are mostly german jewish mixture which than settled in eastern europe

Yeah. I mean, it's whatever. I don't care. 99% European.

>find out you're like 1/128th cherokee
>hired everywhere

Attached: haha hilarious.png (70x86, 17K)

Pay debt

You are from usa I'm guessing
Pay your 21,000,000,000,000 debt

Yeah, I had read/heard about some databases that had the accuracy down enough to pinpoint with pretty good certainty the country/area you came from, but I never went through with it.

Any reccomendations? It kind of threw our genological records for a whirl because I have now know scandinavian ancestors and the records are almost complete going back like 8 or more generations. Reasonably also I should be at least 25% german, if not more, if the records are right, even if somebody got "cucked", there was german from multiple sources in my family on both sides.

Any recommendations on places to send the dna to to get a better ethnicity result (preferably free)?

la monstrada de americana...

Dios mio...

I'm thinking of doing it eventually because my dad was adopted and we don't know his ancestry

how the fuck did you not know you were 50% jew? That's quite a large margin

Attached: mia.webm (404x368, 2.2M)

yeah you'd think at 50% he'd have the nose, the hair, the ears, the eyes, some dead giveaway. Maybe he just didn't want to see it.

Also that means that either one of his parents is a full jew or they are both around half jew, how would they not know that?

intothetrashitgoes.png.exe.org

> thought I was a regular beaner my whole life
> take 23 and me test
> turns out I'm a white bean soysauce potato man
finally understand why other mexicans and whites do a double take when I speak spanish.

kek

I was:
100% northwestern European
>63.4% British and Irish
>19% French and German
>4.5% Scandinavian
>0.7% Finnish(benis :DDDD)
>12.4% Broadly Northwestern European
I don't think it matters if you have 0.2% Jew bro, it's insignificant. I didn't expect to get this much northern, my dad and gramps are pretty swarthy.

Attached: 1516564395642.png (2552x5560, 2.39M)

What did he mean by this?

>Also that means that either one of his parents is a full jew
Yeah, I really don't know how you would be unaware of your jewish parent unless he was adopted or something.

Giving your DNA to a commercial organisation

Attached: brainlet.png (183x275, 4K)

I look like canelo, except i got blue eyes, and no freckles and my hair isnt as bright red as this potatonigger
I'm mcwhitexicananese

Attached: saul-canelo-alvarez-01.jpg (694x1000, 413K)

you don't need to pay an extra ~$60 for the health reports you fucking mong just go to snpedia and browse your raw data

squawker.org/culture-wars/dna-testing-companies-like-23andme-admit-adding-fake-african-ancestry-to-white-profiles-in-order-to-screw-with-racists/

>have sympathy for us goy you are 0.1%!
>it's always (((them)))

Attached: 1514981922236.jpg (662x712, 48K)

TIL the 56% meme is not a meme

>giving your DNA to snakes like this

insideedition.com/investigative/21784-how-reliable-are-home-dna-ancestry-tests-investigation-uses-triplets-to-find-out

Attached: 1515378794518.png (330x189, 19K)

Unironically this.

Attached: 1364780554255.jpg (201x201, 12K)

DO NOT GET DNA TESTING UNDER YOUR REAL NAME.

The insurance companies buy this data en masse, you sign away your privacy upon submission. This data will be used against you in the future.

DO NOT GET DNA TESTING UNDER YOUR REAL NAME.

seeUnless you're some public high profile racist I do not understand how these companies would know to fudge your results, its more likely that these test are not accurate down to the decimal, they're just suppose to give you a general idea

you are utterly retarded and one of the best goys around

don't forget to get a credit card!

lol ok pal

I don’t trust them, one of those companies admitted to give back partially falsified results in order to ”break norms”, because ”lel any whitey who wants to know his ancestry is a racist 10%black will change their views and won’t get us sued”.

Attached: 5BC2FD81-0C32-413C-9B1F-C322EBD44C36.jpg (722x349, 65K)

These.

The race stuff is probably an attempt at excusing their shitty algorithms.

i thought i was going to be 13% native american and did know my french dna, so did have surprises, but unless you are totally clueless then i wouldnt spend $159. mine was a gift and I wouldnt spend money on that

fit == pol?

oy vey.

reupload ur dna (which u can download on the site u got ur heritage info) to getmatch (free) to get racial results. go with the standart (first options) becausethey are probably the best to analyze. also u can test for genetic health for free on snpedia.

>Pay someone to collect your absolute most intimate and personal data.

Why?

>tfw mega mutt and super curious as to what i am

He's not wrong. Had a professor who BEGGED us never to do this because anything wonky that showed up in our results could silently be the reason we get denied on future life insurance or health insurance policies. She said that though the companies won't test you to seen unfair they can use what DNA companies had have found in your DNA against you.