How The Fuck Do I Do This?

Every time I do hanging leg raises, when I bring my legs back down, I just start swinging back and forth from the momentum, even when I try controlling the negative. How do I do them properly?

Attached: download.jpg (608x400, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

idoportal.com/blog/hanging
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Grip the bar as hard as you can, it will stabilize your body.

That's the whole difficult part about them dipshit, you're probably too much of a corelet to do them

Do them more slowly. If you can't do it do knee raises instead.

Wow you sound like an alpha dude!!!!11!!

I do these and pull ups every day at my gym. Buff dudes are all swollen in the squat racks buttfucking each other.

lol enjoy looking like pic related

Attached: 1391770935262.jpg (800x600, 43K)

Thing is if I do them too slow my grip gives way.
I still do other core exercises...

just do a few at a time until your strength builds up. Sounds like your weak grip is probably your main problem.

My grips not bad, I deadlift bare handed. Just gets really frustrating when I try do these and can't feel the benefit. Makes me want to just try another exercise.

Try doing a very slow negative. Like, 10 seconds or so. Increase speed over time. Also, flex your lats and squeeze the bar harder.

9 times out of 10 when people can't do these without swinging they lack the ab strength.

>Thing is if I do them too slow my grip gives way.
Then hang more. Do pic related.
idoportal.com/blog/hanging

Also if you want to improve your grip strenght do rice bucket work.

Attached: Hanging_challenge_highres2_New.jpg (1024x724, 117K)

>grips not that bad
>can't do leg raises because my grip gives way
>I deadlift barehanded
>barehanded
>deadlift
>deadlift barehanded

Haha holy shit OP stop, please, I'm dying over here

Attached: 1508115038715.jpg (2736x2052, 778K)

Nice reddit spacing.

Thanks I'll try it

>leg raises

Attached: wef.png (453x626, 43K)

Look. Bud. Ignore these other dickheads. Listen to this.

When doing leg-raises, have a spotter. Each time you raise your legs, have the spotter push your legs back down, with as much force as he can, as if he was pushing a little bastard on a swingset.

The purpose of this is to keep the muscles that raise your legs engaged. It's a workout for both you, and the spotter.

Proofs. I always feel them in my abs right below my chest.

work your abs more. ab machine. crunches. decline sit ups. hold a plate while doing it.

how the FUCK is it possible to be this weak? even as a dyel in 10th grade doing this shit for the first time it wasn't that hard

Attached: 1434213169791.jpg (290x324, 23K)

Lol post your butch tits fat fuck

Attached: firmly.jpg (500x379, 39K)

Stretch your hamstrings.
When your legs come up your back bends making you swing back and forth

Stop the momentum

based

I have the same problem but slowly making progress:
Do captain's chair knee raises > bent leg raises > extended leg raises
If you can do sets of 15 with good form, switch the dip station and repeat the progression.
If the dip station leg raises are challenging, keep doing AMRAP with good form and supplement them with a few sets of 15 with the captain chair
Then, repeat for the pullup bar and use the dip station for volume sets.

To counter swinging on the dip station, extend your arms, squeeze the bars, brace core, engage lats and traps put feet together forward.
move slowly your legs and stop at every rep. don't use momentum.
For the pullup bar use the same tips except instead of hanging relaxed, pull yourself up a bit, engaging lats and traps.
If grip is the limiting factor, do farmer walks o more deadlifts.

TL;DR: follow the progression, keep total volume high, good form, slow controlled reps, strong grip, stabilizing lats/traps/core and feet forward.

The stronger you get the more controlled it becomes

Wide grips. I used to swing as fuck when I did my shoulder width grip for leg raises. Then, I switched to super wide grip (as wide as the rack) and boom.

Alternatively, set the safeties high on the squat rack and put an empty bar on them. Hang from the top of the rack and have the empty bar support your lumbar so no swinging. Eventually, go back to normal once you're strong enough to go slow to disperse momentum.

What I've found helps with swinging motion during any hanging exercise, is to squeeze your ass. Pullups got you counting seconds like a grandfather clock? Activate dem glutes. Knee/leg raises got you rocking like an autistic kid on the bar? Clench those asscheeks like you're doing a live action rendition of the nut nutcracker, but in your ass.

Attached: 12107782_1047419645290062_831711126377635191_n.jpg (720x960, 134K)