Best routine while cutting?

Just started to cut at ~1850 kcal a day.
Currently 165lbs at 6 feet. I am an intermediate lifter. What is the best routine?
Pic related: its me

Attached: 28109106_1704244176280348_1009934978_n.jpg (750x750, 90K)

How do people properly cut at such a low amount? Do you lay in bed all day?

If you can't function on 1800 there's something wrong with you.

I'm cutting on 2900kcal.

Why are you cutting, OP? You have striations right now.

I roughly eat around 1300/1400 kcal while cutting (Im 6'2 190 lbs), because I hate it and want to get over it asap. Its not as bad as people think as long as you eat satiating food. If you keep your strength, you shouldnt lose any actual muscles mass desu, even at bigger deficits

This
Cutting on 1800 means u are a lil girl or a lazy faggot that should rather move than starve himself

>you shouldn't lose any actual muscles mass
you do

What r u gonna cut you fking turd?

Attached: 1518812265402.png (600x842, 142K)

>Do you lay in bed all day?

No, you go about your day like any other.

> lazy faggot that should rather move than starve himself

Not sure what kind of logic that is. A larger deficit combined with your regular exercise would mean you cut faster. Certainly not lazy.

You do not.

Have you considered starring on my 600lb life? Seems like easy money

1850 is too low to maintain muscle in the long run, period
but since you are 165 @ 6 feet, you should be bulking, since you are already skellymode

No you don't, not enough to actually notice, not enough to really look at yourself in the mirror and see it. These dudes that cut and loose their lbm are the guys who allow strength losses to happen in the gym.... and it IS a choice unless you're straight up starving yourself. I have never accepted strength losses in the gym while cutting and i have never lost even close to a noticeable amount of lbm on a cut. Did a set of 9 and a set of 8 this week on bench but 2 sets of 10 last week on the same weight? Do another set and make sure you always get the same amount of working reps at that weight as you did last time... next time around, you'll be back to 2 sets of 10 or more unless you're a generic failure.

Total bullshit. Thought processes like this are why guys are cutting for 6 months and STILL don't get lean and just quit.

I'm actually 175lbs you fukkin snail

fine, be this way, dont take the advice
just gtfo then

maybe when your max is 200lbs

This. Im 5'10 145 lbs cutting at 2500 kcal and it is going perfectly. Just be active as fuck. Shit is great

this, desu
i usually only lose like 2.5kg on my 5x5 lifts, just because a eat a little less
but thats 2.5kg of a 5x5 95kg incline bench for example, and its over a couple months

My 160cm life, then?

nope 6'0

Attached: 1475786446134.png (745x637, 10K)

Where do you get this shit? Im absolutely positive you don't have experience with this happening because its just bullshit. I was 235lbs in late December benching 225x10 for 3 sets.....this morning I'm 204lbs and did 235x10 for 3 sets last night and am still increasing weight on 90% Of shit i do, albeit slowly, but it's still happening because I'm not a bitch and don't accept the strength losses, i just work harder to maintain and still improve... you know, the shit no one wants to do.

A 500 cal deficit is just SILLY. How someone convinced people of this is completely beyond me.

>obese
that's a different story
good luck bro

Not even close to obese, but continue on with your cognitive dissonance. Enjoy your 6 month cuts with massive strength losses because youre a total noob and listen to thr internet instead of actually getting first hand experience. What's this place even for if bb.com articles are the gospel. Pointless even trying to help you guys.

No bro, thats impossible.

actually isnt lol

like right now, im on a keto cut, 1000 calories deficit
been in keto for 2.5 months now, my 1rm's are still 2/3/4/5, all my 5x5's are the same, but i lost 9kg, and 3" from my waist

now thats not to say i wont lose strength/gains further down the road, but so far its good

I was being sarcastic, but you're just more proof that the strength and lbm losses are total bullshit if you maintain, or if needed, increase intensity in the gym.

Z-z-zyzz?

Attached: 1520663525781.jpg (272x314, 9K)

ye, but the fact is: in normal diet, i usually lose strength after a couple weeks, in keto: 2.5 months and still no loss

so it might be diet dependent

2900 is an 1000cal deficit for me if I do cardio and shit. I'm at 25ish bf and 6'4.

fatass

Me and every dude I've ever worked out with must just be absolute genetic freaks then because none of us have ever had measurable strength loss on cuts by week 12, let alone week 2. Makes me question what you do in the gym and how hard you do it, just does not compute to me, I've literally never seen it happen between 5 cuts of my own and multiple friends that have cut, and were on 1000+cal deficits.

Regardless, glad you're maintaining, keep working hard.

All my fat is on my stomach ://

Hey OP so I kind of stay on a permanent cut, I don’t know if this is relevant but I live in Manhattan where it’s very unfashionable to be above double digits body fat so I usually shoot for 1800cals a day plus some binge drinking partying on the weekends. It all evens out to a very slow cut that’s brought me down to 6-7% bf.

I generally run PHUL or PPL or PHAT. The focus is on keeping numbers from dropping. You’ll find a baseline number for main lifts for both strength and volume (e.g., your floor weight for Squat 3x5 and your floor weight for Squat 3x10).

Because you’re cutting, some days you will just be so exhausted that you can’t do more than that baseline lift + accessories. That’s fine, just don’t go under that baseline, so that you can maintain.

I’ve been on this since September and it’s worked well for me.

Attached: 9D6C88F8-1A0D-48D8-910F-B6819CAE2309.jpg (604x580, 249K)

i might have been inexperienced before, could be a big factor lol

right now, its keto like i said, and basically a 5x5 SL split (inb4 le meme)

>unfashionable to be above double, thus BELOW triple digits
>not bloatmaxxing
never gonna make it

Personal experience, i find during cuts, adding more volume is very beneficial to keeping strength up if you find you're honestly losing strength or just having a bad week. Like i said earlier, if you come in not finishing sets at the same weight, do another set. Never ever accept less total reps at the same weight than you did the last time. Im not a big fan of 5x5 myself but if it's working for you then more power.

this is good advice
i was always under the impression that, because more volume damages the fibers more, thus taking longer to recover, that it would work opposite.
good to know this isnt the case

i seem to respond REALLY well to 5x5
although its more of a strength scheme, i seem to make decent size gains on it

for example:
5'10, 190lbs
incline bench is 90kg 5x5
dip is +35kg 5x5
chest is 46"

high reps dont seem to work for me

Eat nothing. Drink black coffee and smoke cigarette every other

repeat that every other day

>25% bodyfat
>thinks he's qualified to give advice on cutting
Reminds me of my delusional fatass co-workers

Yeah just set your target and get there come hell or high water. I do the same thing when gaining mass. Went up in weight and only did a set of 9 and a set of 8 this time? I do an extra set of 4-5 reps, get the volume in, and truly 99% of the time, the next time i go in there I'm at 10 and 10 or 10 and 9, rinse and repeat. Obviously there's a limit to this, especially as a natty, but itd be years before you reached that point.

Yeah some people will respond differently. 90% of lifts i go for 2 sets of 10, I've had far and away the best results for that. That's a pretty good incline too.

cutting is for faggots

According to your height, weight and that pic you classify as a skeleton. Cutting would be pointless, because you don't have enough muscle mass to mantain a decently muscular physique after the cut. Try lean bulking to 190 lbs and then decide what to do

yeah, i usually go for lower reps, cuz i wanna build strength, but i built a surprising amount of muscle from 5x5's (FFMI of 23.8 currently)