QTDDTOT

Progressive overload for hanging leg raises. Can someone explain to me?

Love this challenging exercise. Wondering if you can eventually add weight to it somehow?

Attached: 477c34f3cc395893d37190f7efff2cb4.jpg (650x366, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sON-SHTtVCQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i'm lifting again after a 1 of slacking. I'm back to skinnyfat but i trained for 3 years before, should i bulk to regain mass or cut to skeleton first?

Why not? Gyms often have those ankle belts with chains on to put weight on.

Wouldn't eating at maintenance and just lifting lead to change in your body composition?

Gold's or Planet Fitness for a teen?

i have absolutely no idea, guess that could work, i'll give it a try

Attached: 1490392215367.jpg (510x346, 39K)

I put a dumbbell between my ankles and do my HLR's that way. Really fucking difficult in the beginning, but I've worked my way up to 3x8 with 10kg now

how many sets should I do for pull ups?

Back feels "stiff" after deadlifts. Normal?

Try holding a medicine ball or dumbbell between your feet

Eat a little below maintenance for a few months. You should be able to put on some muscle from noob gains/muscle memory while losing some fat. Reassess from there

I do 3x8. If that goes well, I add weight the next session. Doing 3x8 with 20kg atm

thanks

Yeah pretty normal. Just make sure your lower back isn’t rounding. If it bothers you too much switching to sumo stance puts a little less pressure on your lower back because you’re more upright

I may have a job soon that will mean working long hours a few times a week.
Would cutting lifting to twice a week, focusing on accessory lifts on top of compounds be enough? Combined with about 7 hours sleep a night?

Why is my deadlift going way up and my squat getting worse

strap these to your legs so that they don't move around

Attached: tornozeleira-caneleira-peso-perna-2kg-par-preto-D_NQ_NP_884501-MLB20341027680_072015-F.jpg (1200x800, 146K)

I gym 7 days trying to cut usually eating 1400 cal daily and burning 400 at the gym

I was 73.95kg a few days ago but I ate a block of cheese and some bags of chips I’m wondering how to calculate water weight from it.

I shot up to 75 kg and after 6 days of gym still at about 74.3

Feels bad to gain.

How many hours would you be working on these days?
Would it be difficult to throw an hour in before work?
I work 12 hours and still throw an hour in 3/4 mornings
Your first few days will be draining but your body will get used to it

Red pill me on gzcl

Don't worry about it so much user. You'll check the scale one morning soon and see that a bunch of weight is gone all at once. Just stick to ur deficit, avoid anymore salty foods for now and drink plenty.

Cheers, thank you my man

SS training is mind numbingly boring
3 exercises per day, 3 sets of each.
Same shit every session.

I dont care about strenght that much amd i feel like im neglecting my calves, arms, stomach
And well, almost everything except for squats.

Is there a better routine for someone who wants to just gain mass? Or is SS still a good starting point?

My current lifts are
>Sq 180lbs
>Bench 140lbs
>Dl 225 lbs

Am i strong enough to start working on mass?
>Bodyweight 154lbs, height 6'

Ye you are fine to move on imo.

also, you should challenge yourself if you feel bored and shit. Being bored at the gym isnt good, it means you will eventually start skipping days and then stop going.

Lads I haven't wanted to eat much in a few days, is this normal?

I have a sniff, just like a little cold/flu thing but have still been training. And Ive just not wanted to eat as much at all, even when I make myself nice food I just end up leaving half of it.
Normal or should I start to be concerned?

guys, i don't get any soreness anymore.
that means i need to add more weight or what?

Attached: 1519981307524s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

more sets or more weight but dont go insane, sometimes your muscles are deceptive

Also to note, adding extra weight is good but also try vary your exercise routine.
Don't do the same routine for years on end

This but if you do decide to keep the same exercises try doing low weight high reps

I don't move up in weight to much until I can do do at least 3*15 when im doing lower weight with no longer than 2mins rest and I rest with and work

Anyone got a pdf of 5/3/1 Forever?

I think I'm over training and not leaving enough time to recover. I only do Sundays as a rest day and hit cardio every day.

I've been hitting weights mon, tues, thurs and friday. With body weight stuff scattered throughout.

What do you guys recommend for rest days? Browsing around places keep saying only train a area 2 times a week at most.

I'm not really getting DOMS in any place other than lightly in my shoulders but I feel like I'm not making any progress

Attached: 1507195764652.jpg (330x327, 23K)

Do you guys still lift even when you're being swamped by work, school, deadlines, etc?

Attached: 1520959201462.jpg (1080x1154, 1.61M)

Gold's. Always Gold's in that situation. Planet Fatness sucks complete ass. Are there other gyms near you? Sometimes the mom and pop gyms are great. Or there are other chains, like Crunch, which can be good.

Why wouldn't you?

Instead of asking this question, maybe ask "why are these other things more important than my health?"

If you wanna train like that it's best to do something like PPLxPPlx that way you can make progress still if you're not going up anywhere you need to eat more and or rest more

Related Scoobert
youtube.com/watch?v=sON-SHTtVCQ

>What do you guys recommend for rest days?
I don't get this question, rest? read? study?

Maybe it's worth skipping a workout or few to have more time to work on a project, study for a big exam or some shit

Attached: 1520959200531.jpg (1080x1154, 1.54M)

Congratulate me on hitting 1 pl8 squat

Looking for a good intermidiate level mass building /volume routine. Something along the lines of 3-5 days per week with steady progression. Can anyone point me in the right direction or help me build a decent routine?

I fucking hate eating vegetables, so i'm gonna drink them with juice, but what are the best veggies for juice?

Right now I have:
Spinach
Tomato
Red Onion

Also, should I drink this for breakfast or for dinner after working out?

pls respond

Attached: 1343689750517.jpg (960x960, 66K)

As a beginner getting into lifting, I feel like I have an unnecessary fear of getting injured. Where's a good resource for learning how not to completely fuck up my body? I will be lifting at home so I won't be able to ask anyone about my form and whatnot.

Skipping a workout here or there isn't a problem. The way the question was worded made it sound like you had no time to work out at all.

Life is variable. If you miss a workout, that's fine; keep in mind what you were going to do and do that next time. Or do bodyweight or strap work at home if you don't have time to get to the gym. I really can't believe someone can't spend 15 minutes on a bodyweight circuit in their bedroom before work on days they know they won't have time to lift. Anything is better than nothing.

I have hard a lump on the side of my dick. It's not from sex and i stabbed it to see if that would drain it but it just got bigger then went back to the size it was before. Help

Attached: large.jpg (500x406, 26K)

I did that last week. Good job, user!

Tight your core, your chest and push with your butt faggot.

NEVER HYPEREXTEND

carrots
greens (spinach, kale)
celery
maybe toss some fruits in there, too (blueberries, strawberries, bananas, apples)

Watch YouTube to learn form, or read starting strength. Record yourself and check your form that way. Could post to eg reddit for form checks if you wanted.

>Stabbing your penis
Are you mentally impared?

I would recommend soaking it with a warm wet towel, 20 minutes 3 times a day, and applying topical antibiotic ointment.

After soaking for a few days, it should shrink.

If it gets larger or more tender, you want to be examined as you may need antibiotics orally to make it resolve.

Attached: 1505827264256.gif (200x200, 2M)

>Carrots
Hate them so much so probably not
>kale
>celery
Shit I forgot about it yesterday when i went to the market, but thanks fampai gonna add those!

Do you think it would be OK if I add melted butter/milk to mitigate the taste of raw onion?

Should I drink them in the morning or in the night?

Also, unironically this also helps with cummies, right?

I don't know if it'll help you spurt more/farther.

Just...remove the onion? Don't fall for memes.

>Are you mentally impaired?
Probably it was only a pin though

On days you do a mini-workout, do you count that as a regular workout? E.g. if your routine has A, B, and C days, and you skip the gym on a B day, do you do the B day routine next time you go to the gym, or move on to C day?

I want to start doing a light calisthenics routine (~20min) every morning, to help me wake up and start the day right, however I already train 5-6 days a week (3 bouldering/2-3 lifting).

Would It be too much volume/not enough recovery time to add morning calisthenics?

To be clear, I'm not asking for a routine, just want an opinion about training volume.

Attached: 1520537302144.png (480x602, 397K)

For rest days I was asking frequency. One day a week? 2? More? Just asking around

I sometimes get massive patches of sweat under my armpits. Is there anything I can use to treat it or anything in my diet/drinking pattern I should look out for to try and stop it?

when should I eat test-food like avocado, pomengranate, garlic and onion ?

I mean, does it count? Yes, your body knows you worked out. Do you count it towards lifting? I mean....maybe? Depends on your level, I guess. I'd probably log it, but if I really felt like the bodyweight stuff I did was just to maintain and keep my body active, I might not "count" it.

I mean does it count as having done the day B workout?

I get your question. I mean, why not "count" it if you felt that you actually did something that pushed you a bit. There are ways to make bodyweight squats hard, or you did harder kinds of pushups, or whatever. I don't know. If it felt like more than 30% of your workout intensity and you only do this occasionally, sure, count it?

How many calories do you think is in this "goulash" I made? The brown rice should be 150 and the stuff is just ground beef, peppers, onions, canned tomatoes and spices

I have sprained my ankle three times in the past and ever since it feels less stable, but I would like to start running. Anything I should keep in mind, or specific exercises I can do?

is the 4 in 1/2/3/4 for only one rep?
It seems hard to crank a 405 dead for 5 reps.
Also the 1/2/3 is for 5 reps each right?

Why am I always ravenously hungry in the evenings? It doesn't seem to matter if I have a big breakfast/lunch or abstain from food all morning, I always get hungry as fuck. I looked up "Night Eating Syndrome" but I don't think thats it. Is it something to do with what im eating?

what foods should i start eating i eat lots of carrots and a fuck ton of cottage cheese but other than that im very limited in options what do
also recipes are welcome

read the sticky

chicken breasts, oatmeal, greens, eggs, etc

Forgot pic lol

Attached: KIMG0245.jpg (4160x2340, 1.7M)

what are you eating? it's possible that you aren't consuming very satiating foods in the morning, when you do eat.

I would just compensate by having a light breakfast or lunch, and skipping the other meal (or just having a ~150kcal snack) and getting most of your calories in when you are hungriest. When you eat won't effect your gains unless you are intensively micromanaging it, and even then the returns are minimal.

anyone? just looking for opinions here

Attached: 1519456222131.jpg (1080x1069, 324K)

Basic shit. Oatmeal, eggs, chicken, spinach, stuff like that.

Been lifting for awhile now but I've never really deadlifted. Can 1 pl8 OHP, 2 pl8 bench, 2 pl8 squat. Should I buy a belt if I'm going to deadlift, or would I be fine winging it as I've been doing?

You can easily intergrate most of these in meals
As a snack or with your meal, look to/ck/ or fit food threads for recipies

>not even 2 plate squat
>its time to move on lol

does anyone even lift anymore here

No. The trend is back to pump and fluff bullshit in the name of "VOLUME BRAH"

Hey guys I need your advice.
I've hurt my lower back using the ab roller on my toes with bad form two or three weeks ago. At first I thought I just pulled a muscle or something but it still hurts and not only is the muscle still hard, but the vertebra hurt when I press on them too, as well as most movements involving this region.
I really don't have time going TochterTochter the doctors this week.
Is it better to do nothing until it gets better or should I try some light ab roller exercise on my knees instead?

might just be when your insulin peaks every day - if you are overweight or have a predisposition to diabetes it might just be that you have worse than average leptin sensitivity.

Don't sweat it, just arrange your calories around having a big meal when you are hungry.

Is swimming a suitable replacement for lifting or is it a gains goblin?

Swim intensively for 45 minutes every day, but I feel bad for not hitting the gym as well.

Attached: tumblr_inline_nt0vb5equP1spsojg_500.jpg (500x473, 55K)

got a bad case of the flu, been shaking all day. What are your foolproof flu recipes? Wanna go back to lifting soon.

It's great cardio and burns a load of cals. Will it replace lifting? No. Can it compliment it? Yes.

i asked because i specifically wanted your opinion

Attached: 1514780261742.jpg (240x240, 8K)

173 cm 72 kg skinny fat, currently cutting(500+ calorie deficit) but my already DYEL lifts are suffering. Should I stick to it until I've reached a certain BF% so I can start eating at a maintenance or should I just eat at a maintenance?

Is +5llbs a week for bench too slow for a beginner?

Attached: 1495355211941.gif (178x90, 130K)

Depends on what weight you started. Personally, I was skinny and weak as fuck so I started with the bar and worked my way up doing +2.5kg every session. It didn't take long for me to stall

New to lifting, and I need to get instructions on proper lifting form (dealifts, squats, etc.)

Should I hire a personal trainer to help me with this? About how many sessions would that take?

You can do it yourself. Use a book like "Starting Strength", YouTube vids, pics from your phone, etc.

But hiring a trainer can be super helpful. I've done exactly that after two months of learning on my own. I bought a 6-pack of sessions. He helped me understand the mechanics of deadlifts and squats, and helped me increase those lifts safely. Now I know what to pay attention to when I lift alone.

Weighted knee raises, rom to the chest.

Yeah, I know it's possible to learn from books/youtube, but I just want someone there to point out if I'm doing anything wrong, and then go on their way.

Once I get the form down, I should be good.

Are you used to eating a lot in the evenings? You may have inadvertently conditioned yourself with environmental cues that trigger hunger.

If you're used to getting home, sitting on the couch, playing Halo and eating an entire pizza to yourself then you shouldn't be surprised if you get home, sit on the couch , play halo and want to stuff a pizza in your face. Hell, even just getting home in the evening can be enough to trigger you to eat a lot. A couple of options:

>Fill yourself up with low cal/health foods

>eat less during the day and make the evening when you take in most of your cals

>resist the urge to eat like a walrus when you get home and eventually your hunger will die down

The last option might be hard at first but it will give you the most control over your appetite and, by extension, food intake in the long run.

Attached: gymbros.png (300x233, 45K)

Then read SS and watch some vids, then get a trainer for a few sessions. Easy, and a good way to learn.

Bumping this.

Also is pre-workout after 7 pm a bad idea? I dunno if the caffeine will fug me up when I try to sleep at 11.

do men that were previously morbidly obese have different physiques with the same body fat percentages as opposed to men that were just slightly overweight? My scale says I'm 20.8% bf but I like this but with a big spare tire around my waist still

Attached: bf.png (230x259, 137K)

I've recently finished 6 months of maintenance after losing about 125 lbs. I'd like to build some muscle but intentionally gaining weight is a little worrisome for me given my previous struggles to lose weight. What is the minimum I can gain on a bulk and see any sort of reasonable results. Is +/- 10 lbs for bulk/cut reasonable? 15? 20?

Redpill me on Jawsrsize. Does it work or is it bullshit? Is it the only practical way to build your jaw?

Just experiment with your form every session until you find the technique that's most efficient and stable for you. Most of the PT's at my gym just give out advice that anybody could look up on the internet, and even then the advice only applies to most people. Everybody is built a little differently and only you will know your body best and what feels good or not. Since you're just starting out, you still have some ways to go before grossly improper technique will hurt you. Don't be like those retards that load up plates that they can't lift within a safe margin of error.

Not Hamplanet Fatness. Never.

Brachioradialis pain after bicep curl (beginner). Is it normal and will it eventually stop?

Attached: IMG_1452.jpg (800x800, 82K)

Give me a routine to turn into a different shape , I want to start boxing or kickboxing, so a shape for that.I know I dont need a BB routine and i distrust crossfit.
I own a bar and two 15 kilos plates.
I haven't lifted in a year tho.

Attached: ot.jpg (343x486, 15K)

Taking a week off lifting and I am cutting.
Should I continue to eat at a deficit (was at 1000 deficit) or should I just eat at maintenance for now?

Why such a high deficit?

I would continue to eat what you were eating the weeks before (in total, not relative to calories burned).

Pretty sure I'm hovering around 20% bf
Planning on lowering the deficit to 500 once I think I'm close to 15%

Lifts haven't horrifically plummeted since I started cutting in December so I think I might be okay for now.

How to become ottermode from skinnyfat when I have no gym in 40km radius of my living place, no money for equipment, gotta earn the money for it.

I'd seriously suggest hershel walker's Bodyweight routine.

I advise against hanging leg raises. For a year I had bad lower back pain, could never figure out what was causing it.

Until eventually I finally found out it was hanging leg raises that was the cause. They also involve the hip flexors alot, making them tight, so that causes even more issues.

Switched to ab rollouts, more superior exercise, no back pain.