So I am starting to cut and am planning on going the old Keto Route with a 500ish calorie deficit as I have had success...

So I am starting to cut and am planning on going the old Keto Route with a 500ish calorie deficit as I have had success with this before. However I always struggled with the High Fat macro but still had great results..

Is eating high fat necessary on Keto? What would happen if say I did high protein, low carbs, and low fat?

Attached: Keto.jpg (716x519, 40K)

I’m doing that exact thing right now and it absolutely sucks the first week, you have zero energy and your body has to adjust to it. If you make it past the first week it gets better, you’re still kind of sluggish and cranky but you shed weight. Less than 50 grams of carbs a day total, used to do 30 max but I just can’t do it anymore.

Yeah the first week is a little rough but I basically did the same thing before last summer and did pretty fine.

I'm wondering if besides the "low energy" people claim you'll need the fats for if there is anything else that they do towards conserving muscle. burning fat%, health reasons, etc..

Damn I always try to stay under 20grams of carbs on a cut haha I eat a lot of fish.

protein over ~30% kicks you out of ketosis

if you go into keto right away with a deficit you will just burn a ton of muscle

you need to get a lot of mitochondria produced before your body becomes very good at using lipid metabolism, at least a month of keto at maintenance

>Is eating high fat necessary on Keto?
Absolutely not, just make sure you are eating low carbs and have an adequate protein intake
>What would happen if say I did high protein, low carbs, and low fat
It wouldn't be keto. Also, it would be a shitty and unhealthy diet.

It doesn't

Attached: 1478616744704.png (860x650, 60K)

high fat is absolutely necessary
if a lot of fat is not present your body will just look for stuff to burn up for energy, when you're not in keto for a long time and starting to build up a lot of mitochondria, you just derive a ton of energy from neoglucogenesis.

high protein, low fat, low carb will make your body very efficient at neoglucogenesis.

So in your opinion what macros should you aim for in a cut without super high fat levels?

Currently I have been aiming for:
55% Protein
45% Fat
5% Carbs

Thoughts?

I'm cutting on a 1000 calorie deficit (2lbs a week) and losing exactly that. I'm using a 40C/20F/40P ratio and prefer it to low carb high fat due to the larger amount of food you can consume throughout the day.

High fat is fine and dandy but when you're tracking your shit you quickly notice that going high fat is the difference between eating 5 meals and 3, not only that but carbs are better for energy anyway.

You definitely need more fat, at least 60-65%, because it's your primary energy source. There is no benefit to high protein.

>quickly notice that going high fat is the difference between eating 5 meals and 3
Implying that if you're on a high fat diet, you'll have to eat less because frankly you get the best bang for your buck with veggies like broccoli and spinach, followed by starches like sweet potatoes, followed by fruits.

Just fast. I ate keto at maintenace calories for 2 or 3 days before water fasting and worked great. It was a little less than a week long, but I had great energy after the 1st day and visibly lost fat. Thats my plan for the next time I cut

Hmm okay thanks for the help I will try to adjust I just find it harder hitting that high fat macro versus high protein macro...

Easier to eat a lot of fish/chicken with low carbs than high fat, low carb sources. I've read about "fat bombs" before.. are people srs about doing those? Lol.

>doing the atkins diet in 2018

Keto is a meme

Have to agree.

Your life is

>Easier to eat a lot of fish/chicken with low carbs than high fat, low carb sources.
Are fish and chicken not high fat? Just don't eat them lean.
By the way, the way you count macro ratios is by calories, not weight, so 1g of fat is worth more in calculations than 1g of protein or carbs. Just in case you didn't know.

So the tilapia filets I typically eat are: 20g Protein versus 2g of fat. You're right though I could switch to more fatty cuts of chicken/steak etc.

I've been counting macros/calories with myfitnesspal app so I assume that is calculating them correctly however just when I scan/enter everything for a day I notice I am usually behind on my fat macro and ahead on my protein.

Ackshually, it can. It's called gluconeogenesis. Your body is capable of converting excess protein into sugar, and it is capable of doing so in high enough amounts to kick you out of ketosis.

No, it's a real diet that people actually do.

Doggystyle on your mom is a meme, but also what we all do each night

calories in calories out.
No meme diet can stop this.
Unless you have a specific health reason as to moving to a diet you're a fucking moron.
If keto can fit your macros have at it, but the odds of you properly hitting micros on a meme diet of any kind is low. The average person skips on their day to day diets, let alone when we add nutrition as a factor.

Even if you eat more protein in grams, doesn't mean that your ratio is off
Pic related is my ratio

Attached: 546546354.png (931x262, 15K)

yea but unless you're eating 2.5lbs of fish every day you won't hit that mark lol

It is demand-driven, not supply driven. Unless your protein is really high, with low carbs and fat, it won't do shit.

>day 11 of keto
>feeling sugar and fruit cravings unbelievably bad
>sat in bed and tried to distract self from cravings
>crashed and slept for 16 hours
I'm really pissed off at myself, I've shed 8 pounds in not even 2 weeks but I feel horrible every day.

Attached: 1520916483476m.jpg (1024x681, 210K)

take 200mg ibuprofen per day or 400mg per 48 hours for like 5 days it'll get you thru that hill

A decent response on this board? :O
To start with
60% fat
30% protein
10% carbs
If you're unsure buy a ketosis test. As long as you're remaining in decent ketosis it wont particululary matter. (Needing more than 1 g of protein per pound is a meme)
who is? keto doesn't include 2 of the major foods groups atkins does.
You know whats a meme? coming to fitness boards and finding out half of these guys are fat as fat with bitch tits because the diet industry has been fucking them for years.
I look at it simply: the people on keto I see look lean and healthy. in stark contrast to everyone else.

I'm a noob and have a question about this subject. I always saw Keto and thought it would just end up with me failing and crashing hard. Isn't carb cycling basically a more moderate form of keto? Just eating carbs on heavy workout days and less than 50g carbs on rest//light workout days. This seems a lot more manageable. Or does this basically never train your body to burn fat instead of sugar?

TLDR: Isn't carb cycling basically a tamer version of keto?

or does carb cycling never condition your body to undergo ketosis?

I've heard a lot of people advocating for cycling for better athletic performance, but I haven't read much about it

im not here to argue with you, but from a logical standpoint, i think cycling carbs will stand stronger from a lifestyle change point of view. I simply cannot see myself limiting myself to 0-50g carbs a day for the rest of my life but I most certainly can see myself limiting my carb intake on rest days and eating high carbs on heavy workout days. Just seems more logical to me. Just trying to learn more about dieting.

How do I know if I'm in ketogenesis?
Pretty sure I had carb flu on the weekend as for 2 or 3 days I felt hungover, but now I just feel normal, not crappy, not superhuman.
Keto strips show nothing in my urine, although the ones that've been sitting in the trash a few hours are indeed deep purple.

((( DIETARY FAT )))
Nigger just don't eat food.

Does alcohol (spirits) knock you out of keto?
I had a bunch of gin before and I'm wondering if I'm still in it.
Google told me it had zero carbs, but I dunno, maybe ethanol fucks up your percentages?