>get on bench press
>trying to find my max
>70...70 fuckin pounds...
>feel like everyone is watching me struggle with 70 pounds
>so many beautiful women being at the gym makes things even worse
>feel like theyre judging me
>feel so ashamed. honestly thought i was stronger
>finish my sets after spending what felt like an eternity
>keep from making eye contact with guy thats about to get on cause im embarrassed
>he's throwin on all these huge weights
>he's not even that big looks like an average joe
>makes me feel even worse
>that was a week and a half ago
really killed my motivation desu. any former lanklets have this problem starting out or is it just me? i've always felt alot stronger than that and now that reality has set in i'm feeling super fuckin down. sucks even more cause i know people especially a couple cuties i work with that go to this gym

Attached: 1475739342312.jpg (205x246, 5K)

Shut your punk ass up and lift.

fpbp, stop being a pussy and get stronger

Then keep on lifting dumbshit, thats literally the point of lifting, to get stronger, or you can keep feeling sorry for yourself and stay a weak bitch

fpbp

In all seriousness though, its not about what other people are doing. Lifting isn't a team sport, you're not in competition with everyone else at the gym, you're in competition with yesterdays version of yourself.

Just keep at it, I started only benching 90lbs and now I'm at double that.

We all start from somewhere, user. He may be pushing a lot of weight but if he still looks like shit then who tf cares?

>6'1
>lanklet
lmao, also stop whining, nobody gives a fuck about you at the gym, they're there for themselves. Unless you're being obnoxious nobody's going to notice you.

yeah i know that just wanted to hear from some peeps who went through the same thing..makes me feel better not feeling like the only one. didn't expect so much hostility lol

>70 lbs
how do you lift 70 pounds?
don't tell me you put on 2.5s to put up 1 rep at 70, please for the love of god tell me you didn't do that OP

>be 25
>trying bench for the first time
>bench the barbell until failure
>get stuck under the bar itself
>just the fucking bar
>gym brah a few feet away watching tv
>to embarrassed to say anything
>he turns to see me trapped
>"oh shit!" pulls off the bar with one hand
>he fails miserably trying to hide his laughter
>"You ok bro?"
>haha yeah thanks man, its my first time here
>"Why didn't you say anything?"

Needless to say it was embarrassing as all fuck, that was nearly a year ago and now I'm considered a regular since its a small gym. Keep going man, we're all gonna make it

Attached: 1514486667649.jpg (1002x812, 393K)

Whenever you go out in public people can tell you can bench around 70lbs. No one looks like a lanklet but can bench 200 lbs. Girls already knew you were weak so just ignore them as you train.

>whinging on a mongolian pan-pacific basket weaving fitness forum about being weak
>not expecting hostility

Attached: 1518126334194.jpg (2048x1726, 138K)

Its people telling you the way it is, nothing hostile about it.

It doesn't matter where you start user. It only matters where you stop.

>didn't expect hostility
>whining on 4chin
Gee

>MFW I was really happy to have reached 75lb 5x5 bench this morning after lifting for 3 months
>see this fuckin' lanklet complaining about only lifting 70lbs on his first try

s-shut the fuck up and lift moar you lanklet scum

Attached: 63278-full.png (272x204, 35K)

who gives a fak brah you lift for yourself

>get on bench press
>trying to find my max
>70...70 fuckin pounds...

Because your CNS is shit from never training it. Give it 3 months and you'll be doing one plate easy. Everyone has the muscle to move 1 plate, but not everyone is trained in recruiting it.

i know ppl who had trouble lifting just the bar. just stfu and lift. give it time you'll be lifting 150+ no problem

You're weaker than most are when they start, but also taller. Just keep at it man, if someone does look, they probably are just reminded of their first days at the gym.

I started with the bar at 23.

Protip: very early on which is where you are now as a lanklet, just do pushups for chest

kek @ pic and @ story. we all make it eventually.

If you are embarassed about improving yourself you are never gonna nake it. Not being mean, just saying it how it is.

bar is 45 right? two 10, and two 2.5. so yeah 70..

ppssshhh user dont worry.. you could look like me.. a decent sized guy... I used to do a 5x5 with 215, then fucked up my shoulder.. now I can barely bench 165 after 8 months off.... feels bad especially when I am still DLing 4pl8, squatting 3pl8 and OHP 135x5... then this pathetically weak bench press... fortunately enough people know me and talk with me so its known that my shoulder is trashed.

>3 months for 75lbs bench
jesus mate, what did you start at?

How did you hurt your shoulder?

Literally nobody cares about how much you lift, nobody is looking at you, nobody gives a shit. You could flop your dick out and ejaculate all over the seat and people will think it's some weird meme exercise you're doing.

You're getting hostility because this is pathetic, even though I'm telling you people don't give a shit, what's more important is that you shouldn't give a shit what other people think. You're improving yourself right? You're putting in the work and effort to bettering yourself right? Then why the fuck should you care what other people think? Even if they're thinking anything bad about you, why should you give a shit what they think? You shouldn't, don't you ever get discouraged about improving yourself because random gym thots think you're weird for doing that, fuck them off and get to the work you've always wanted to do.

mfw i could bench press 155 the first time i laid hands on a barbell

Attached: image.jpg (1242x2208, 1.07M)

lmao sorry man.. honestly thought i'd be on the very bottom of the weak bitch scale

i know i know but seeing normal lookin dudes almost no bigger than i doing 3-4 times what i can do and smokin hot beautiful women just gets to me..

yeah that's pretty fucking embarrassing. but just keep lifting, as a wise man once said "nobody gives a shit, nobody's even looking at you, you're not even big enough to see"

Ahahahaha what a faggot expecting fucking professional level strenght when first time in a weight room

Build up slowly, you are 23. If you rush and do stupid shit, only snap city awaits you.

The bar + 15lbs

Still in Auschwitz mode

Attached: 1475790106109s.jpg (250x228, 10K)

>Literally nobody cares about how much you lift, nobody is looking at you, nobody gives a shit
yeah alot of people are saying that which. not the kind of environment i'm used to desu.

is this way ugly faggot

Hold up, you added a total of 15lbs to your bench over the course of 3 months

This sounds like you don't eat at all

Attached: 1509534482697.jpg (500x500, 32K)

Eat more good stuff, more protein and add a little bit more weight every week or two.

You have to calculate how much calories you're burning on average, if you have no real effects after almost 3 months then you have a bad diet. Don't be afraid of eating more, you can always reduce the calories later on.

As for the 30kg bench press... damn dude, even I've started with 50kg and I was a fucking noodle. But that's okay, keep lifting, a month from now you should be able to bench more. That's how it works, simple biology.

BUT YOU'VE GOTTA EAT BOI.

This.

Everybody around you already knows youre pathetic and weak, theres no place to go but up from here

everyone went through what u did they just didnt whine like a little bitch, they werent as self absorbed to think that every gave a fuck about what they lifted, they just went and improved.

Nobody at the gym gives a fuck about you. The ripped guy couldnt lift anything when he started either, and i bet he didnt go cry about it online.

15lbs? no i've added 60lbs.

Hold on, should I be counting the bar? Has Veeky Forums memed me?

We all start somewhere, just keep going op, 3 months ago I could barely bench 5 reps of 65 lbs and today i hit lmao1p8 +10

Attached: 1510378867658.jpg (374x512, 32K)

This. Everyone has been there don't worry your lanky little arms off

you absolute fucking retard

Attached: 1512872692435.jpg (645x671, 81K)

Everyone starts out small. Don't think about others, just stay focused on your own progression. Pretty soon, you'll be able to lift as much as them, so don't give up.

Started with 5 kg
Now 40 kg after two and a half months
Still nothing and still look skinny but it gets better

Fucking hell, how am I supposed to know when you retards are being serious or not

You mean to tell me i've been benching over 100lbs for like two weeks now?

>tfw you've told your friends your stats already

FUUUUUCK

Attached: e0c59537f6da24eec6c08e53f2d28ed7--china-painting-dark-art.jpg (474x615, 41K)

If you stick to it, progress will come a lot faster than you expect. Hang on dude.

What are your stats now? Be honest.

Attached: IMG_0755.jpg (600x318, 52K)

Were you just pressing plates at the start

congratulation, all your lifts magically went up by 45lbs

Bar+ 2.5 kg on each side

lmao why do you dyel autists make these posts? do you think anyone would view you as badasses or something?
insecure retards

I am judging everyone that comes in and sometimes i see these retards doing excersices wrongly or doing things like flexing or taking photos and can't help myself but laugh at the retards. You really think you aren't judged of what you are doing when you are in a space with people doing the same thing?

>could barely bench the bar at the start. had it tipping over and shit, had to have my friend spot me
>7 months later
>benching lmao1pl8 for 10 reps

it's more than bodyweight too so feelsgood. on the road to 2pl8 now. you can do it OP

Attached: a blyat from the past.png (497x495, 361K)

You're posting on a board filled with fags trying to lift their insecurities away.. the other half doesnt even lift...

>don’t even bench because lankleton weakbitch
>Been going to the gym for just over 2 months now
>all I do is a rotation of machines and increase weights every week

Today is the day, I’m confident even if I have to start with bar+15lbs on each side.

but why use an anonymous board to try and cover up and project their insecurities?
it is anonymous, no one knows who ie behind a post

invest a few 100 dollars for a bench, bar and some weights at home.

Fellow 6'1 lanklet here. I started out doing sets at 75 lbs. Some days I could do 8 reps, but mostly was in the 5-7 range. I've been lifting for about 3 months now and just hit my 1 rep max of 130 today. I'm doing my sets now at 95 lbs and feeling stronger every time. We have the superpower of newbie gains and before we know it we'll be tossing plates on there and laughing at all the 5'7 manlets. Remember that you have the ability to work on your weight, and were gifted with a good height. Imagine how unmotivating it would be the other way around.

>start sl5x5 because never lifted before
>start at 65lbs because I didn’t want to be that guy just lifting the bar
>feels laughably easy
>add 10lbs a day instead of 5
>go back down to 5lb increments when it feels like serious weight
>175lb bench and yet to stall
>still feels perfectly manageable

Who else /notshitgenetics/?

Dude. We all started with the bar. You learn technique and build some muscle. Don’t worry what other people say or think. We all started there.

You should stall soon. Most people do right before 2 plates. But don’t worry. You’re just beginning. It takes a while to mentally adjust to not getting stronger every workout.

>Who else /notshitgenetics/?
Dude you're under 6', probably 5'6 or something.

>Veeky Forums claims that people don't judge you for low weights
>everyone ITT telling OP how weak he is and how pathetic it is
>any time anyone beginning posts numbers here on Veeky Forums everyone insults them, usually mentioning how their first lifts were x lbs heavier

interesting

>feel like everyone is watching me struggle with 70 pounds
That's when your autism defeats you
Whoever wants to improve himself at the gym doesn't give a flying fuck whether you're reverse grip decline benching only the bar or doing barbell flies in the curling rack
Just pickup weights and put them down, repeat x infinity and enjoy your gains.

how much is 70 pounds in actual weight?

Something to consider is doing dumbbell bench press. An alternative for if you cant do much weight and it can help with stabilizing your movement for when you move on to the actual bar.

Because they want to convince themselves, the anonymous board helps them do it. You'll see a lot of memes here, nofap, cold showers, challenge any of them and you see what happens.

I started with the bar for bench and 70lb squat sweetie :)

6’0.5”, ackshually

>your friends will either not believe you when you tell them your true stats, or they'll call you a fucking retard for not counting the bar
must suck being a brainlet. at least your lifts aren't pathetic

I wonder what kind of "friends" you have

Sure buddy.

That's cool... now you know your max. Write it in the front of a little notebook with the date.

No excuses... exercise three days a week until March 13, 2019. If you can't make it to the gym, then do pushups in the floor. Write what you do in your book.

On March 13, 2019, bring your book to the gym and find your max. Write it on the front page under "70lbs, March 13, 2018." Then decide what to do for 2019.

Do it faggot!

>26 year old 5'9" emaciated faggot at 135 lbs, look like ugly slenderman
>never been to a gym before because im a miserable shut in
>place of work has a few hydraulic machines in the basement: seated bench press, back row, tricep dip, and a free trainer, the kind with the weight plates you put the metal stick into

>finally decide to go down there and do some of em
>basically do a circuit of them every day, know you're supposed to rest but im so weak ill just keep going
>been doing it for a few weeks now

>struggle through 70 lbs on bench
>300 lbs on leg press
>100 lbs on the back machine
>120 lbs on tripcep dips

and im sure those numbers are even faker because they are hydraulic machines, and i want to use that free trainer but not sure good exercises to do with it

lol try 5'11 135lb submanlet
I look 50 and I'm 19

Show progress

Excellent post

is 155x3 bad for a dyel? i just got a home gym set up in the last week and am on the first week of a routine

>this humblebrag

hha yeah such a dyel lmao

I followed a shitty routine for a couple months before graduating high school and haven't touched a weight in over a year

HAHAHAHAHAHA How can you be this dumb? THE BAR IS WEIGHT

Why does it matter that cuties go there? You're not attractive, you can barely bench 70 pounds

Same, still haven't gotten past it tho

>been lifting for two months and still use dumbbells for BP because I'm too scared to bench a barbell

Attached: 1519597325897.jpg (400x533, 55K)

The taller you are the more you need to eat to maintain or gain weight. Start eating big already and kill it. Consider yourself lucky for being tall because, yes you have to eat a lot, but at the end you will look very huge, and will be able to lift more. Height is a limitation and unlike fat and muscle mass it cannot be changed. Oh and don't forget to choose a good routine, I suggest SS and add chins and dips to work arms which is incredibly great for aesthetic, considering SS is bad for aesthetics. Also I have noticed having strong arms help the bench, you will unrack and hold the weight easier.

6'2 skellyfriend here. I know that feel but you gotta start at zero. Don't worry about what you're reping right now. The only thing that matters is improvement. Don't lift with the goal to move max weight every time. Because you'll lift with shitty form and not grow. Lift with the goal of great form and getting maximum pump so that you can very slightly improve next time. Then ingest protein like your mom at her fave gloryhole. Very slowly you'll start to see gains. We're all gonna make it.

6' 130lb, im naturally athletic and max 180. you'll be ok OP. we all start from the bottom

I'll take pity on you man. You always count the bar, so add 45 lbs to your lifts.

Good job man. I'm working on 3 plate right now, looking to reach it for 8 reps by New Years, wish me luck.

Attached: IMG_0794.jpg (1200x1200, 63K)

Not me.

I started doing 70lbs at 6’1 150lbs and now I’m doing 70lb dumbells nigga

Use your fucking brain