Motivation

running low on motivation, can Veeky Forums assist?

Attached: 29136900_2106297616260088_7594700480619261685_n.jpg (768x960, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qux9-HOm6eg&t=5s
youtu.be/jMlF2ooVQKE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is it with you faggots seeking motivation? If you aren't self driven then you will fail. Find your own motivation instead of asking others to motivate you.

who hurt you?

he is right though..

jordan peterson

Nobody, but you are pathetic if you need words on an image or pictures of women to drive you to do something. If you seek motivation from others, it will die fast. If you find it yourself, you will be dedicated in the long run. The fact that you have to ask for motivation kinda shows that being Veeky Forums isn't your thing.

Motivation comes from within, if you need to go searching for some external source then we can all say with certainty: NOT GONNA MAKE IT.

Attached: 1cba7f5a08c79e84fb6839fe0220075addf25582884ce175ebcee7a03b88d7e5.png (506x704, 238K)

Just go to the gym
Go to the gym because it's a priority in your life
Go to the gym because you have nothing better to do
Go to the gym because you actually like working out and enjoy progressing
Go to the gym even if you don't want to, because even a bad workout is better than nothing

Consistency is all that matters in the end, fuck motivation

Motivation is a false god. Dedication is manhood.

This girl went to my school

u mad that success isn't made by an easily accessible external source?

not gonna give up and yeah you guys are right, gonna dig deep and find what pushes me and use it, so in a way you guys gave me the motivation i needed, thank you faggots

no im in it for the long haul just needed something to get me to push the extra mile

Have fun friend. Sometimes changing your routine or tackling other aspects of fitness helps.

thank you

The only motivation you need to go the extra mile is because you can. I do a ton of exercise just because I'm able to. If you're not on the floor you can keep going.

good point

You're not running low on MOTIVATION; you're running low on WILL POWER.
If you're trying to achieve your goals on will power, you will burnout. Some nice words or some inspirational media may recoup some of your stamina but the only way to stay strong long-term to find motivation via a strong emotional connection with the goal you want to achieve. You need to ask yourself these questions:
1. Why do I want this goal?
2. What are the steps I need to take to achieve this goal?
3. How will this achievement change my life?
4. How can I connect the three steps above to a motivational, emotional, anchor.
Godspeed, faggot.

Attached: alllifeisconnectthroughfeel.png (500x522, 43K)

good shit, thanks

I've had difficulty maintaining motivation for most of my life, but I suppose what motivates me the most is the idea that I don't want to be some childless fat bloke in his mid 30's screaming at a television and drinking alcohol. I want something in life, I don't know what, but I really want something. It has already been said in this thread, but your motivation is going to come from yourself. Read Meditations.

Attached: 30659.jpg (309x475, 95K)

good idea, and yeah nobody wants to end up there

You don't "maintain motivation". You become and remain disciplined.

part of discipline is being able to keep yourself going so same thing?

I'm fit and have low motivation. Getting fit only takes a few hours a week. I spend about 6 hours/week on exercise to feel good. What I don't get is how people spend 40+ hours/week on their soul-sucking jobs...getting and staying fit is so easy by comparison, but 75% of the population is overweight! I'm on the wrong planet, honestly.

Attached: ayy2.jpg (614x426, 20K)

Here you go OP, don't become me.
>tfw went through issues last year, and didn't get back together since Dec
>am now at 250lb
Wew, life sucks sometimes. Fixing on going to /fast/ and just forcing myself to do it, through any means necessary to get back to 150-155lb.

Attached: reverse progress.png (1193x628, 376K)

Attached: 1517638938812-fit.jpg (468x468, 46K)

Look at this, find high-test motivation!

Attached: 1517427118237.jpg (3183x3077, 3.01M)

>implying reach didn't have the best armor design
343 homosexuals fite me

Bunch of self righteous faggots.

You don't need sauce to eat a burger but you're sure as fuck gonna put some on that bitch because it tastes better doesn't it.

You don't need motivation to achieve your goals if you're already disciplined but it sure as hell helps you the fuck out along the way.

Fuck off out of here with your "lel faggot never gonna make it if you need motivation" heroic knightly bullshit.
Go eat a sauceless burger, or drive a car with the minimum number of HP required to get to the speed limit, or use a landline phone instead of a iPhone 10 because that's all you need to make calls, then come back here and be a righteous bellend. Until then post a sweet motivational photo or go and fuck yourself with the head of a rake.

Attached: 1520368802455.jpg (755x331, 44K)

I've lost my motivation aswell. Gym used to be everything for me, I'd put id before everything else. When I lost my brother it was just all out the window. I still want that dream body and to be strong and healthy, but I can't pull my pathetic ass to the gym. What do fit?

Therapy dude. I lost my brother 5 years ago. It still fucks me up sometimes but I’ve gotten a lot better.

Fuck the Stoics

I'm in a similar spot to you man, gym was everything to me but I stopped going like 2 years ago and got fat and depressed as fuck. Started going again like a month ago and the difference is already night and day, lifting/exercising in general is a must for me to stay sane. My advice would be to just fucking go to the gym, don't think about it just go there and try to follow a similar routine that you use to do, after the first week you'll feel a lot better, I can almost guarantee it

btfo

sure, watch this webm on repeat until you are motivated enough

Attached: 1520945821720.webm (640x360, 1.77M)

That book I literally >how to be a man 101
Got me out of a hole years ago.

Amen brother.
I'm 75% of the way through Meditations now and I'm starting to think proponents of the book haven't read it. Marcus himself says that he is grateful that he was born to wealth and power so that he could practice stoicism; that if he had been born otherwise his base desires coupled with a need to work, and the demeanor of his peers in youth, would made his philosophy impossible.

i don't get it

Attached: 1417344401990.png (1000x1144, 180K)

Plz delete this hurts

>running low on motivation, can Veeky Forums assist?
No. Veeky Forums cannot assist. You're not gonna make it.

for some reason this motivates me hope it helps :)
youtube.com/watch?v=qux9-HOm6eg&t=5s

Do it for him.

Attached: 1519965953021.gif (200x200, 3.06M)

Attached: 1509574179575.gif (410x258, 998K)

Reach was the best halo game desu

The best kind of motivation.

Attached: 1510616728011.gif (360x250, 984K)

Yeah, if they want pics of hot fit chicks, they should probably just ask for that.

>Mfw didn't graduate and dropped out a month before finishing hs 4 years ago

Attached: image.jpg (661x791, 294K)

They're either women or gay

This. And its not even fucking motivation, its fucking discipline. You think guys who have a 9 to 5 are fucking motivated to go to their job everyday? They fucking go because they know they have to.

You will never make it if you dont realize this.

She looks like my ex

Attached: 1493565265046.png (635x661, 227K)

fake and gay

No. That's discipline.

I think of it a couple of ways. First, motivation is the match, but discipline is the built bonfire and the putting on of new wood to keep it burning.

Motivation is mind. Discipline is mind and body. The first starts you, but you gotta keep doing the work.

Motivation and discipline are two separate things.

You don't need motivation, you need discipline.

I don’t eat sauce on my burgers and my motorcycle redlines at 80mph. Fite me.

Nice, and agreed.

>I still want that dream body and to be strong and healthy, but I can't pull my pathetic ass to the gym.

You lack discipline, not motivation. You're motivated by your dream body. Now you have to be disciplined to make it.

This sounds like the beginning of a new Wojak drawing.

Why do I only have motivation to lift when I'm not able to go to the gym?
>work at 10am
>get off work 10pm tired af
>dick around on le chins until 2am
>need to sleep so I can get through the day without a hundred cups of coffee
>you know what would be fucking amazing right now? Full body workout+cardio at the gym
>would get into bed at 5am if I did
>still have to be at work at 10am
Why can't I have this energy right after work?

This is great, but I don't know how to do the last part. Any advice on that?

Good point m8

This just makes me hate women.

Attached: tmp_18494-angry322558771.jpg (220x220, 10K)

There are some gyms that close late at night and even those who don't open very early, you could eat a quick breakfast at 7:30, workout from 8:00 to 9:00, eat a big lunch at 10 and then go to work feeling like a big boy.

>1. Why do I want this goal?
I like sex
>2. What are the steps I need to take to achieve this goal?
Find a girl who I find attractive and who finds me attractive in return, then procceed to fuck
>3. How will this achievement change my life?
Getting laid has never changed my life in a significant way and I don't expect it to, I just want to fuck
>4. How can I connect the three steps above to a motivational, emotional, anchor.
If I'm fit more women will find me attractive.

Lmao ur retarded
"motivation" is a joke, only fear and discipline can make you actually achieve something.

Mirin and half chubbin on this handsome girl though.

But yea motivational pictures aren't going to help. Just gotta go and do it and keep the discipline up. I know it's hard but that's why 99% of people don't do it. Once you're at the gym you'll be glad you made the decision.

You also will get more respect from men.
The ones that have never tried to make it will acknowledge your physical superiority, and the one that have made it/are in the process of doing so will understand you are one of them.
This will help you in the way others treat you and raise your confidence from achieving a physique that you've put time and effort into.

There's more to it that just women, brah - it's quality of life overall

Attached: 1519877382267.gif (360x240, 2.46M)

Don't look at the Aesthetic Motivation images GOY. IT WON'T WORK SHUT DOWN ALL AESTHETICS!!!!

>motivational thread
>demotivational reddit tier nonsense discipline shouting faggots
these threads need to be fulfilled with big asses and tits and a bunch of spectacles of human willpower going against massive pushbacks and still coming back to be more

suck my dick discipline fags, you aren't even disciplined

Attached: 1521054429754.jpg (1919x2404, 1.16M)

Aww.
I remember my first time watching Greg Plitt.

He's right though You'll never make it.

How can you achieve your goals without discipline? You wouldnt eat the sauce by itself would you? You need the burger to enjoy the sauce in the first place. But then again, when you actually learn to appreciate a burger, you realize the sauce takes away from the burger in the first place.

Yeah some eople want things like iphones and fast cars, but does that actually help you?

We are talkimg about improving one's body (and mind), things that cant be improved with just sauce and no burger.

You need the burger first, before you can put sauce on it.

And once you have discipline, youll realize you dont even need motivation.

I cant tell you are a superficial person, can only be happy with materialist objects, and that translate to other aspects of your life. Being motivated feels good, being disciplined doesnt. You're always after that hit of motivation to make your dopamine levels rise, instead of digging deep.

Thats why motivationfags will never make it.

Go to the gym on your way home or on your way to work. Make it easy so when the motivation is low it's easier to go

You got some valid points and also some invalid points, and I agree with everyone who says discipline is what gets you to your goals, but it's fucking wrong to say motivation doesn't work. That's the biggest lie in the world.

You know what motivation does? Starts literally every goal you've ever had.

You know what being disciplined without motivation is? It's being a 9-5 wage cuck who goes to a job he's not motivated to do, but is disciplined into doing it Daily. He's sure gonna make it isn't he?

Discipline is the key to achieving big things, it always has been, and always will be the secret. But what sparked those "big" things for you? Motivation.

Did you decide to just live life by the iron bar and sculpt your body daily because muh discipline? Or were you motivated to get in shape by the babes on the beach lusting over some jacked and ripped bloke they were with?

Did you add another 5kg on the bar every month because discipline says so?
Or did you once see a man, hidden in the corner of the gym, with shoulders as wide as a doorframe, clap his hands in a cloud of chalk dust before ripping 7 plates a side off the ground without a speck of difficulty and think "fuck, I wanna be like that one day"

Motivation is the seed, and discipline is the water and sunlight.

For the record, I have a 4bedroom house and I don't even own a couch. I'm about as far from materialistic as you can get but thanks for the assumptions.

I come to Veeky Forums for posts like these, really made me rethink my assumptions about motivation that everyone parrots in these threads

But he's right, motivation comes and goes. Once it goes you waste time looking for it or worse asking for it.

Once you learn discipline motivation won't matter. Because while motivation is great while it lasts, once it's gone you have nothing.
If you build a foundation of discipline even if the walls of motivation crumble you still have the foundation to rebuild on.

Attached: l_16817002421f1c6before.jpg (620x641, 84K)

>girl

You are right motivation is what starts whatever endeavor you are doing. But it's the discipline that keeps you going when the progress is slow, when the gains aren't what you expected, when the temptation to cheat on the diet shows, when it's shit weather outside and you'd rather stay in cozy and warm bed. Motivation is great but it's not enough.

Damn dude, I thought I got fat after getting out.. I went from 155 to 215. Back to 160 now though.

I concede in the fact that motovation is what starts the fire. We might be just differing in the semantics.
I agree that motivation is what kicks you in the right direction, but once you start your journey in accomplishing your goals, motivation almost becomes superfluous.

Your example of someone looking at chad and his hot girl and wanting to become like that isnt necessarily becoming motivated. Its just setting up a goal that you want to achieve, and discipline is the only means of achieving those goals.

Discipline and motivation are not the determinamt factors of someone deciding to add weight to his lifts so as to build muscle and strength. It was that persons goals that were the determinant factor.

Discipline and motivation are just means of achieving ones goals. Motivation is definitely not equivalent to someones goals.

Regardless, you still havent shown me how and why motivation is important to achieving ones goals. I still stand firmly with the view that discipline carrys much more weight than motivation. Why does someone need motivation when he has realizes his goals and just needs discipline to achieve them? Once, motivation fags btfo.

Also, i dont see why you felt the need to share your 4 bedroom house thing.

>4 bedroom house
>not materialistic

Unless you have a family, you dont really neer those extra rooms, thus you are still a materialist. BUT LETA GET BACK TO THE TOPIC OF MOTIVATUON.

Read.

what's the big deal. a guy having his picture taken while a separate girl and her bf get into some goofy PDA? is she supposed to dump her guy and hook up with the dude having his pic taken because he's more important or some shit? Back to /r9k/ you faggots.

Well thanks to pointing me to a post that was posted an hour after my post. Too bad I left my time infinity stone in my other pants so I can't see the future.

Make today your next step

This must be you.

Attached: 1508122068123.png (658x901, 64K)

Attached: 1508240795220.png (769x621, 19K)

>Coping mechanisms this strong.

Cor blimey m9 you're a lost cause.

Attached: 1509231793194.jpg (480x347, 21K)

What a great argument.
Tell me when you look like you lift.

This

there is nothing wrong with her, the webm just shows a happy winner and a depressed loser, just that

Unironically

youtu.be/jMlF2ooVQKE

Anyone got good motivation wallpapers for my phone?

Attached: 1506424751013.jpg (500x500, 85K)

I think this might have gotten compressed but I used to use it a lot.

Attached: 1389968969673.jpg (1680x1050, 199K)

Someday you're going to die and on that day you're going to wish you were a sick cunt at some point in your life.

Attached: 1438164485719.jpg (306x306, 49K)

HEY YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT HOW CAN YOU DARE SAY THIS... I CANT EVEN BELIEVE YOU JUST DONT CARE ABOUT US :(

I THINK YOU RUINED MY WHOLE DAY AND LIFE!!! IM CRYING AS I WRITE THIS!!! STOICISM HELPED ME SO MUCH STOP ME FROM COMMITTING SUICIDE AND NOW YOU THROW IT ALL BACK IN MY FACE!!! SAY SORRY OR I WILL KILL MYSELF FOR REAL!!!!

Let's face it, if you have to ask a bunch of shut-ins for pictures of wolves to "motivate you," you really just need to buy a gun and one bullet and make it count.