/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

'made this after doing box squats for volume' edition

ITT: bench press, squat and deadlift discussion.

Attached: 1510528025047.jpg (245x300, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/your-drug-free-muscle-and-strength-potential-part-2/
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/83rvj6/program_review_one_year_of_531_bbb/?utm_source=reddit-android
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>mfw bench press is the best measure of raw strength and this thread will be full of dainty armed, soft bodied manlet who think they're hot shit because they can half squat 315 pounds

seriously. you ONLY dump on bench press because you're shit at it.

Attached: 1519486183111.jpg (200x200, 11K)

nah mate bench is the worst of the three, it's well known

t. manlet with a shit bench

reverse hyperextensions are the best posterior chain accessory. this really isn't even up for debate.

Attached: 1509307466132.png (760x610, 278K)

Projection

This and bent rows.

wrong

there not specific to pl

>there not specific to pl

as they were quite literally invented by a powerlifter, this could not be further from the truth.

Attached: 1506207946667.jpg (599x569, 191K)

i don't have a brainlet image strong enough for this

Squats today. Upped my triple to 185kg (407lbs). Went super quick, gonna up weight to 190kg. 1x20 @ 135kg (297lbs) went okay, upping weight to 137.5kg as per scheduled, 3pl8x20 soon. Got a few mires today. Then did bb bent over rows for a set of 10 @ 120kg and then 3x10 lat pulldowns.

based caulifla poster

Attached: 1519889156572.png (1000x1428, 1.21M)

good taste, my man.

Attached: 1519718529991.png (850x1445, 907K)

You only idealize bench press because it's the GDE lift.

t. fat shit manlet with a shit bench who thinks he's hot shit because he can use his lard gut to propel himself upward to put a few more pounds on his totally unimpressive squat

Didn't you quit powerlifting, fatterpanzer?

brrrrrpfft BRPFFFT BRFPTT

Plop

Plop

Plop

Squuuuuish

Plop PLOOOP plop

Norman khan is now in the toilet ready to be flushed back To India

Attached: c9a4f14.jpg (403x363, 25K)

Based

quit projecting

bet you've got a totally shit bench press ya faggot

All muscle building exercises are specific to pl.

Friendly reminder that a 140kg in competition bench is the bare minimum to be allowed to post in plg. Have a good day.

tell that to figjam

190kg

Samefagging

Projecting

Projecting

There's a BBC club in the town over to mine lol

>190kg
Your traps aren't very big because you don't deadlift much.

How to make bench feel lighter? When I unrack it I often lose confidence at how it feels in my hands.

Your deadlift is low and that's why your traps are small

Who'da thought it

They look pathetic though.
When I get to 5 plate dead will it look better? Probably only marginally better.

Post your bench press with proof or lose your trip and fuck off you histrionic faggot ass

untested feds are the future of the sport and the IPF will eventually die. the only way for powerlifting to continue is financially incentive, eg big money meets. the only place that money can come from is fed organisers also being rich steroid dealers on the side

disprove this fact

Why don't you wanna do shrugs? They train your overhand grip as well as your traps. Goat fluff work if you ask me.

I don't wanna die

and it takes like 2 mins to be done with them. Load some weights do 20 reps rest a few seconds repeat.

There's plenty people who can fund meets outside of being drug dealers kek

Much more likely equipment manufacture companies will keep it alive

no. next argument

Make those power shrugs then he's got a solution.

Are you so naive as to think something like the IPF will die because there's not enough big bad equipped drug dealers to fund it

What kind of drug dealer would part with money like that anyway? Companies can profit from investing in feds, drug dealers can't unless they have some sort of unusually high PL drug market share

Do you lift anything overhead?

Standing press, push presses, oly lifts if you can do them without crippling yourself, etc, are your friends.

Check the pic. 147.5 kilos. AKA, 1.2 your mothers.

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-14 Lifting Database.png (478x393, 28K)

if the IPF has the sponsorship money tho give out as prizes why dont they? its because a) they have almost no money from sponsors and b) money meets incentivise taking drugs to win

WRPF money meets are pretty much 100% funded by kirill and his drug dealing empire. other money meets are about 50/50 sponsor money

You don't deserve the life you live, nigguh, you just cry all day and don't help nobody

Bench more
strongerbyscience.com/your-drug-free-muscle-and-strength-potential-part-2/

Scroll down until he talks about his "bulgarian" method and program

God speed

>How to make bench feel lighter?

Take weight off the bar.

nigger

Go start /owg/ and fuck off.

Be more determined in your unracking. Unless you actually lift big boy weights, then I don't know.

>How to make bench feel lighter?
Body build your stabilizer muscles like your rear delts and your lats.

Implement Joker sets into your training so you can feel some heavier weight in your hands.

Why ur diddlylift a shit?

Someone's buttmad that I, noted benchlet, bench more than them.

>Joker sets

Jim plz go.

Seriously, feeling more confident under heavier weights might be as easy as unracking weights in excess of your 1RM and holding them for a 5 count or some such. I know some people like doing stuff like that for squats.

Though I would make 100% double plus sure you have safeties to save your ass if you try this for bench press.

>Someone's buttmad that I, noted benchlet, bench more than them.
No. I've benched 161kg in comp, and 165 in the gym.

You quit powerlifting. You had one good lift. You did not need to be here acting like an authority on anything. You are literally fat Panzer.

Different guy but man does that method work wonders for my squat , first time I squatted 200kg I walked out 240kg before and honestly 200 felt like a cake walk. I wonder if that will work with bench.

I have that stubby legged, long torso body that would be better suited to sumo, but I pull conventional because I have self respect.

Also, I kept blindly grinding out Texas Method for squats while deadlifting usually once a week. Looking back, it's kind of obvious that that wasn't ideal for deadlifts. I started to make some more deadlift progress when I started to deadlift more, but that was halted when I got sick of barely fitting into the pants I bought specifically to be able to fit into and lost 20 lbs. I'll probably never be Good at deadlifts like I am at squats, but it'd be sweet to get 6plate.

I'm SLOWLY gaining back up while trying to have more pulling volume and more volume in general. Would like to at least get back to a 600 lbs squat (dropping the weight left me at 585 lbs), get TO a LMAO6PLAYT deadlift, get to a LMAO3PLAET clean and jerk, and get to a ROLFLMAFO2PLAIT snatch, and still be able to fit into a 36'' inch waist without leaving a semi-permanent imprint of the waist band on my lower abdomen.

>I've benched 161kg in comp
Post proofs.

>You are literally fat Panzer.

He'll be thrilled to hear he has one good lift.

It'll only REALLY help if the volume from training has built strength, and there's been enough recent intensity in reps to keep neuromuscular recruitment at max, to be able to actually lift the weight.

Which seems like a "no shit" thing to say. I'm just saying that it won't help you actually be any stronger, but it should help you be confident and sturdy under the weight. Second guessing a rep will likely cause it to fail.

What should I do as an accessory for diddies today?

Yep, fat manlet with a shit bench confirmed. Lose the trip and fuck off, Frodo.

More diddies. The exact nature of which depends on what the point of failure on diddies tends to be for you.

You're not training. You're exercising for fun. So pick whatever you want.

going to be running 5/3/1 in a few weeks, apart from the obvious increase in strength, how well does it increase size?

>5/3/1
>he fell for the raffy non lifting jimposter
ahahahaa

Y'all hating on my hashtag #SquatSwag because you're giraffe-legged GDEs that don't try hard enough.

Attached: Bad News Intensifies.gif (498x330, 191K)

>5/3/1

Enjoy wasting your time, gde.

Attached: ohnonono.png (310x326, 29K)

I'm not a powerlifter

Welcome to plg.

Then fuck off to your little "bodybuilding" bullshit thread and stay out of the POWERLIFTING general you ignorant retard.

>running 5/3/1 in a few weeks, apart from the obvious increase in strength, how well does it increase size?

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/83rvj6/program_review_one_year_of_531_bbb/?utm_source=reddit-android

Worked well for this guy.

Stay committed and consistent.

Attached: jGNJ2Xl_d.jpg (640x640, 21K)

Good news, hardly anyone here is either.

To the extent that you can separate "size" and "strength," 5/3/1 is going to be even worse for size than for strength. There is SOME consistent intensity that will keep your neuromuscular recruitment high, allowing you to lift relatively heavy weights with the muscle you have.

It is catastrophically lacking in volume, to the extent that "fixing" it requires making the program hardly resemble 5/3/1 at all.

If you can find a free version of an Andy Baker "powerbuilding routine, give that a look. I fucking HAET the word "Powerbuilding," but Baker is usually pretty on the ball and it can't possibly be less useful than 5/3/1.

But a quick google on my part shows no free version. If you want to spend $45 (and you shouldn't want to spend that on ANY program off the internet), be sure to share with the rest of us.

I'm really bored, tell me your height, weight, and stats and I'll try to fart out a general idea of the routine for looking pretty that hopefully won't be complete shit.

>It is catastrophically lacking in volume, to the extent that "fixing" it requires making the program hardly resemble 5/3/1 at all.
Do you want to know what is catastrophic? Being dogmatic and grinding away at a program that's not giving your results anymore. Grinding away at a program that gave you a good Squat and cucked you on your bench and your deadlift.

But at no point did you decide to be flexible and change. Instead you quit.

Go fuck yourself.

or maybe his bench/deadlift progressed at a different rate compared to his squat based on his body proportions not his program

thanks for the advice. I've reevaluated my goals to a degree and it seems that PHUL looks good for what I want.

Or maybe you are just a weak cunt who should keep his mouth shut

are you assuming that he would have a stronger deadlift compared to squat if he ran some bastardized 5/3/1 memeshit?

Still waiting big guy.

>are you assuming that he would have a stronger deadlift compared to squat if he ran some bastardized 5/3/1 memeshit?
I'm not assuming, I am assuring you that is deadlift would be better.

531 has better fatigue management for the deadlift since it is split more effectively. If you pick the wrong template, sometimes bench and squat can suffer due to lack of frequency, but deadlift always thrives.

I run 531 on and off for years, and it always gets me back up above six plates in a handful of cycles.

I want to die

that what happens when you become a p*werlifter

Thanks I just quit powerlifting and now I'm happy again

I didn’t ask if it would be better I asked if it would be stronger than his squat

It’s a no because of his proportions not his program. you can’t blame his deadlift:squat discrepancy based on if he did 5/3/1 or not so you can’t point it out when you argue why his program is bad m8

>But at no point did you decide to be flexible and change.

I did change, you buffoon. I stopped doing anything more than very vestigially resembling TM (I still tend to have relatively higher volume earlier in a week and relatively higher intensity later in that same week, but that's where any similarity ends). It's a multiple week cycle with higher volume, more accessories with higher volume, less frequent high intensity, but still kind of frequent for neural recruitment purposes, some "speed" stuff for power (and fun), and a load of olympic type lifts in the hopes that holding 315 lbs over my head will fill the void a healthy person fills with external validation. It probably won't, but I currently don't have a lot else to do with my time.

I quit going to powerlifting meets (at least for the foreseeable future). I didn't quit training.

That's not a bad idea, depending on what exact PHUL routine you come up with.

Oh that definitely plays into it. I am built to squat. Which means I am good at squatting. Which means I was eager to do squats because being good at something is fun. Which means I got better at squats.

I definitely could have kept my deadlift up better in hindsight, and probably have been a touch better at bench press. But I am an average sized guy with long arms (they have been measured by the closet thing you could come to a "professional" on the topic and that's why all my golf shafts are an inch short of standard). My bench press was ALWAYS going to be shit. The stubby legs/long torso didn't help my deadlift any, but the longer arms should have.

I still recommend TM to FOLP intermediates looking for something to do, ESPECIALLY as an alternative to 5/3/1. Just with the strong recommendation to do some deadlifts on volume day, and add bench press related accessories (even curls, shit) throughout the week as practical.

How do you program with RPE?
For example If I want to make an hypertrophy cycle of 3 weeks, at the end of the third the weight should be @8RPE? or how much should it be?

>mfw i'ts fucking 3PM and the courier isn't here with my winstrol

Attached: yamero2.gif (308x312, 3.15M)

>muh namefag trying to appear smart
you dont even know who he is or what his squat looks like

If you don't know why TM is a hard program to progress deadlift on compared to 531, then you're hopeless.

I took my name off to reply
he posted himself squatting a while back check the archives bud

I’m not saying ones better than the other I’m just saying you should not compare discrepancies in the lifts to determine if a program is good you should compare rate of progress in the lifts

I wouldn't use it for hypertrophy blocks, for those just focus on adding more sets/reps.

>I still recommend TM to FOLP intermediates looking for something to do, ESPECIALLY as an alternative to 5/3/1.

Though I wouldn't necessarily recommend running it into the absolute ground with 8-10 week cycles ad nauseum like I did. Go through a couple, maybe even a FEW resets, but once it gets to the point that you're making MAYBE 5-15 lbs on your 1RMs (especially if that's on squats and deadlifts) every "cycle," it's definitely to the point, probably past the point, that one move on to a different, more periodized, less consistently intense (intensity should regularly occur, just not every week in brutal amounts, "hypertrophy blocks" are for slackasses) program.

Maybe RPE isn't the best tool for basing your programming around, if this is the kind of question you need to ask.

Really, it's going to make a DRASTIC difference based on the number of reps per set you do. Triples @8 are going to elicit a different training response than sets of 8 @8.

If you're doing higher rep sets (say, 8-10 on core lifts), it's probably better to keep the RPE a touch higher than if you were doing lower rep sets. The weight itself won't be so crushingly heavy that it's beating up your joints and nervous system, and you're going to have to push a little bit to best build volume, which is the goal of such sets. Not necessarily a 10, but almost certainly a 9.

I would also say the core stuff you have a known, recent max for would be best based off percentages, once given the rep range you want to work in. RPE would be more handy for modified lifts (RDLs, close grip bench, etc) and accessory exercises you don't really have a max in, and have no good reason to ever bother testing a max in.

In case anyone was wondering, and because I'll take any excuse to show this, webm related.

Attached: Squat 600 lbs.webm (480x360, 939K)

I literally saw this Webm before you even started tripping and several years later you're still posting it.

>I would also say the core stuff you have a known, recent max for would be best based off percentages, once given the rep range you want to work in. RPE would be more handy for modified lifts (RDLs, close grip bench, etc) and accessory exercises you don't really have a max in, and have no good reason to ever bother testing a max in.
this sounds like what I thought.

desu right now im not sure if im adding excesive intensity going up to 80%, it seems i lost my mind and instead of doing overal more volume, im just increasing the weight lol

I DID post it before I started tripping, but I did that lift IRL about 13 months ago. It would be literally impossible for me to have been posting it for several years.

It's a damn shame I didn't bother recording the 272.5 kgs I got in the meet a couple months after that. I'm 99% sure it wasn't nearly such a grind.

your point? It’s a pretty strong lift even if it is years old

My point is trappy saved the webm from someone else and is larping ad this guy

He also posted one saying haha okay Raffy in a specified colored shirt so it’s definitely not Raffy even if we tease him every so often about it

>desu right now im not sure if im adding excesive intensity going up to 80%,

If that's for sets of five, it's probably reasonably wearying, but not at all unreasonable. Just don't be doing nearly 85% 5x5 early in the week and what ended up being multiple singles at 96% later in the week, EVERY WEEK.

I'm pretty sure that, combined with a 14 hour car ride, was why I did worse squatting at nationals than I did at the meet I qualified for nationals in. I was burnt out as all hell.

I don't see how that's proof. Trappy just asked someone on her discord with big arms to hold up a sign lmfao

There's no point blanking out your last name when you leave the numbers and events you competed in.

Attached: 1517569459780.png (811x628, 93K)

Really, Raffy could have ensnared a reasonably strong friend in his web of lies and we could be working together to mess with you all. But I don't know where they'd have gotten a WKU Rugby shirt in Brazil.

Oh yeah, it'd be easy enough for someone to look it up. But I figured most of the sort of clown that would care to do it for any nefarious purpose would be stymied by having to put in the SLIGHTEST bit of effort.

t. 1337 Haxorz