/fast/ # 144 - Virgin Walk Edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be

While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

last thread

Attached: 0JPQt1L.png (554x604, 383K)

How to tell family I'm not insane and am being safe when engaging a long fast?

Do you live with them still?

You can't fast while living at home. It scares people. Have to live alone. OMAD until you get your shit together and move out.

I ate high fat low carb for ten days and today marks day 1/40 of my water fast. Gonna post my after pics when I'm done, feel free to motivate me by ragging on my fatass physique. 6ft 275lbs

Attached: mcfattie.jpg (2341x1737, 643K)

I don't live with them, but that doesn't stop them from barraging my facebook/phone with their worried messages. I'm mostly ignoring it, but I mean I don't want my family to be worried about me at the same time kek

>Uncharted 2
Pleb

Is coffee good for fasting?

Have you tried explaining to them how and why it has nothing do do with anorexia nervosa? Because I'm sure the first thing that comes to mind when you bring up Not Eating is Eating Disorder. Explain to them what you're trying to achieve and clear up the all the usual misconceptions surrounding fasting. Place a heavy emphasis on benefits and I'm sure they'll come out sympathetic assuming a) you prove yourself knowledgeable on the subject, and b) they're not retarded

have you not sent them any of the above links

Yeah man. The taste of black coffee is particularly the best but once it starts to cool down you kinda get use to it. And the feeling afterwards during a fast is pretty nice. I could go for a medium coffee from Dunkies right now...

Fucking normies. Do they only exist to fuck up our fasting?

>4th day of water fast
>aiming for 16 days
>2500 sodium + 3000 potassium + multivitamins

head feels like its caving in, not a full blown headache but a wierd sensation. I feel i cant think clearly and im feeling kinda weak

Is this normal?

How do I get potassium?

google/search in amazon "potassium chloride"

what works for me is mixing 4 grams of LoSalt (~1800mg potassium) and 2 grams of Himalayan pink salt (~1300 sodium) in 1L of water, daily. Anything stronger and I start getting a runny stomach and the like. Try tinkering with the dose and see what works for you.

Do what I do and don't tell them. Best for your mental sanity during the fast

>tried the carnivore diet this week
>always feel satiated and steady energy on mostly fatty meat and eggs
>mental cravings for salt start after a few days (pork rinds, nuts)
>mental cravings got heavy today and I ate a bunch of fruit
I guess I'm going back to ketOMAD getting a lot of veggies in. I never had that stomach hunger doing carnivore but this is the first time I really felt that mental urge pushing me towards a specific taste or type of food.

Just to clarify I'm not new to extended fasting. I've only really noticed the physical hunger in the past. Was this my body/brain trying to correct micronutrient deficiencies?

Can you elaborate on your keto meal of the week? On your entire week plan actually

>6ft
lmfao okay Hector

My first week of fasting I felt like I had an ice pick made out of frozen nitrogen rammed through my temples. It got so bad I had to refeed after 9 days.

I'm on my 3rd fast now, and am basically doing 2MAW. I eat on Saturday and Sunday and fast during the weekdays. I'm still getting the headaches but they aren't nearly as bad. I think a few more weeks of this and I can attempt to go for longer fasts.

Beyond.
After breaking my fast,or even eat ketogenic, I am tired as fuck.
I can't even sleep.
I do drink lots of water.
So, what is the issue here?

What the fuck is the problem with that first sentence?
Ignore the first word please.

do i have to lift when i'm water fasting? im too poor to afford gym membership..cant i just do bodyweight exercise? im on my 4th day so im a bit worried

how to reach my fiber intake on keto?

Body weight exercise is fine. Its not recommended to do excessive weight/ cardio training whilst on the fast

Stop wasting money on video games.

Attached: a36aea8d-76f8-436a-b68f-a0dac9bcd63f.jpg (1006x768, 396K)

Fasted 5 day, lost 5 kgs, 5 cm smaller around my belly. Good experience.

i cant even afford games...i can only afford food and pay rent thats all

Quit the video games on your water fast.

Starting my second water fast tomorrow, was hard to get back into the mindset of it but did some IF for preparation. Last fast was 108 hours and I broke it for no good reason, over the past year I've managed to undo years of weight loss and weightlifting due to lack of motivation. I've got all potassium and sodium chloride I need for weeks as well as magnesium sulfate. Confident that I'll at least beat my previous time.

Will take some progress pictures, currently 108kg 180cm. Goal is mid 70s.

40 days isn't something most people can do, but do what you can. You might want to get some multivitamins if you don't have them already though. You want to get as many of the micronutrients you need even if you're cutting down on the macronutrients.

180 cm and 82 kg
I believe in you my friend : ^)

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160
Here is a pretty good info on fasting

I can't seem to get past 48 hours without excruciating eye aches. Pee is crystal clear, so I believe I'm hydrated. Not sure what it is. Maybe just something to bear through?

Got that covered, user. I take magnesium orotate at night, a Jarrow's B complex at noon and some selenium + iodine in the morning. I've done several 3 day fasts before, and I'm certain I can pull off the 40 days. Fuck being obese.

Lol you are NOT 6ft 275lbs

My pee is dark yellow. I've been using snakejuice without potassium. Am I going to die?
My vision goes blurry the first day but it recovered this time without vitamins.

You should be able to get through a few days without potassium. Dark pee usually indicates dehydration, but it's not a guarantee. Maybe you're coming off of more of a dependency on carbs/caffeine/other shit before fasting?

Naw, haven't had any caffiene for weeks. Last I smoked tobacco was a week ago, last I smoked weed was Saturday. I only have two glasses snakejuice per day, plus one 33 oz bottle of water.

How much sodium would you be getting from the two glasses. Too little and you're going to feel tired, too much and you'll be feeling dehydrated and maybe get high blood pressure. The potassium is necessary as another electrolyte and to balance out the sodium. At least this is from my simple understanding. I'm going to be starting with 4.7g of KCl and 3g of NaCl with 1-2L of water and adjust from there if needed.

4.7g of potassium is too high imo, you could get by just fine on 2500mg - 3000mg

Is it safe to fast to your goal weight ? I've been on and off fasting since February, highest hours were 119, got chips brought to me and broke. Though this month, I've been fasting 6 days, eating 1 day, mostly low carb, last week was the first week I did it, and it seemed fine, lost ~6-7 pounds.

I'm 21, 5'6, ~283lbs, male, just trying to get down to ~140-120 before October or November. If my 6/1 day fasting works for me, I think I'll probably fast the next two months.

I'm afraid of the lose skin though.

Attached: holding-fat-loose-skin.jpg (383x428, 20K)

Been intermittently fasting and after a 3 day fast I've apparently gained weight

could it be water retention?

Here's a question: is it worth it to fast for any of the following durations?

>2 days
>3 days
>5 days
>7 days

Yes

You're probably right. It is the RDA but I had none when I did a four day fast and didn't really feel too bad. I'll also be pretty sedentary anyway so wouldn't need the full amount.

What's the consensus on Epsom Salt and Baking Soda? Taking both would give me the shits but combining all of it with Sodium and Potassium would cover all the electrolytes for a water fast. Taking a lot of Baking Soda would prove bad but I guess a small addition would be beneficial?

Is cheat day allowed in OMAD? I mean free of eating window for a day every weekend
I don't mean pig out, just moderate eating

so pretty much 90% of u are fatasses?

Just remember, the most important thing after dieting or fasting is to adopt a diet that fits your new caloric requirements. If you start consuming more calories than you burn everyday again then the weight will just come right back.

What's your diet like sans fasting? What do you normally eat including meals, drinks, and snacks?

No sugar, no milk

I weight 200 now, down from 208 and before that 220.

Is there a guideline to breaking fast? I just ate a taco and shit myself. I know people say dont eat carbs but this spaghetti is treating me pretty well.

>uncharted 2

fucking plebeian blob

go slow and light when refeeding.

Day 1 - Break fast with bone broth or equivalent
Day 2 - bone broth and eggs
Day 3 - introduce carbs but still keep it omad
Day 4 - should be back to normal

I heard the autophagy in dry fasting helps with that
People who lose the weight by dieting deal with that too tho, not much difference

Lose skin is inevitable unless you plan on losing the weight over a period of like five years or something, even then there will always be some. If you're super overweight, like you are, then just dropping the weight is probably for the best provided that you do so responsibly, if you're worried about it then consult with you doctor and talk to them about the potential issues that can come up. They'll probably recommend a more traditional diet but if you're careful about things then fasting probably won't hurt you at all.

The lose skin will tighten up over a period of two to three years. After that point if there is any lose skin left then just have it surgically removed.

Your goals for weight loss are rather unrealistic by the way, that's way too much to expect in that amount of time. Just do what you can within your limits.

Google intermittent fasting

so dudes i have an issue. just tried my second fast and i made it three days. my issue is that i'm really irritable when i'm hungry so it was basically just three days of me being in a bad mood and my fast ended when i screamed at my cat over something trivial and had to get something to get myself out of that state. is there some way i can deal with this or do i just have to keep my unavoidable issue under control? it happened to me on my last fast too and i figured that on the third day i'd be past the initial hunger pains stage and wouldn't be pissed off from hunger all the time.

If you are a fatty you're not hungry after three days, it's your food addiction that is causing these symptoms probably. However, three days is decent for a second fast. Refeed with a keto diet and try again.

Is it fine to fill up a bunch of these with salt and potassium chloride instead of mixing up the snake juice?

Attached: emptycaps.jpg (1600x1600, 272K)

am fat but i don't really eat very often. usually just omad and since hanging on fit i've limited it to mostly healthier options. don't really have fatass "gotta have food in my mouth right now" cravings either since i stopped buying snacks. i crashed and burned after this one but i'll get back on it soon. also i hear the OP suggestion for snake water values is too high and i don't have any idea what might be a more reasonable amount. thoughts?

>break 40 day fast
>oh god how I missed food
>the next day
>feel empty inside
>want to fast again
Did I give myself a mental illness?

Attached: 1492876925743.png (600x500, 102K)

>6'
>104kg/ 230lbs

Im on my 3rd day of water fast and was planning to go for the whole month.

I jumped in cold turkey without any prior IF or OMAD and other than a few hunger pangs feel fine. My question is shall i ease into the long fast or just go for broke and will there be any issues later?

You should be fine, just remember to regularly replenish your electrolytes.

Good luck, user. May God heal and protect you during the fast.

how the fuck do you fucks drink a litre of snake juice considering you're meant to take small sips throughout the day? Its 4pm here and i haven't even hit the 500ml mark

Attached: 1481435918949.png (1140x798, 45K)

Elena or Chloe?

What did you break your fast with?

Had the same problem so I switched to pills.

You need water to carry the salts around your body.

Wanted to break it with a beef stew but pigged out on a piece of seared soup-meat(mostly fat). Had later two cups of stew.

make the snek juice , take sips all day .
you do gave to drink all of it.
meditate
take cold showers

Attached: 1520950371969.jpg (696x589, 65K)

>Going on a fast without any hobby to engage in
Smart, sitting there and staring at the wall is sure going to make time fly by while you're fasting

Carnivorous low carb is great for healing, you should eat raw though or else you are missing out on a lot of micronutrients and possibly causing digestion issues. Instinctive eating is GOAT though after you're healed.

I don't think it's right for me. At least not currently. My diet was pretty much 73/27 ground beef, eggs, bacon, pork rinds, some avocados here and there. I don't have any good sources to buy animal products from near me. Even if I did I'm in college so I can't afford all the good shit like grass-fed/wild organs, meat, and bones.

I think my mental cravings was my body trying to push a bowel movement. This morning after eating all that fruit last night I took a gigantic shit. It makes sense that I would crave a lot of salt and fiber from fruit/nuts considering both aid in bowel movements.

>raw
wat

Even Homo erectus used fire to cook its meals.

Attached: 1452634180264.jpg (500x502, 70K)

Hi /fast/, newfag here!
I'm a retarded fat fuck that wants to repent himself and people have told me to come here, since college life barely gives me time to exist, let alone exercise.
I have some questions:
The OP says that, since I'm a fat fuck, I should fast until I'm not, but does it mean to literally not eat anything until I'm a stick or do I have to follow some kind of cycle for the best possible results?
What results can I expect if everything goes well?
If I were to break my fast, what should I eat in order to not fuck my stomach up from days of fasting?
I'm 6'4'' and I weigh ~231 pounds, BMI ~30%, how long should I last if I were to try water fasting?

You shouldn’t fast until you’re a stick.
Long fasts for weight loss are a tool to shed a lot of weight quickly and in a way that can be easier than on very low calories.

With your height and weight, you’re a lot nearer to a healthy weght than I would think most people here were when they started.

You don’t need to completely stop eating from one day to the next. If you feel like a softer start, you can begin by doing OMAD, which means only eating one meal every day. This way you get to feel full every day, and if you practice a bit of restraint and don’t just completely pig out for your meals, it will help you lose weight fast, and in a way that’s pretty manageable.

>5'8" female
>130 pounds

Went from 195 to 130 in under a year by barely eating thanks to vyvanse, I'm wanting to keep going and lose 10 or 15 more without looking like an auschwitz jew
I'm having trouble breaking this plateau, should I fast more or just eat less? Bf says I should eat at least 700 a day but that feels like a lot since I usually stay under 500

I was kidding about being a stick, I only really want to reach an healthy weight because of a wake-up call from real life.
I already tried OMAD and lost like ~3 kilos, and I still do that, so restraint is not really a problem. I just wanted to know if the OP actually meant everything it said or not.

>fast until I'm not, but does it mean to literally not eat anything until I'm a stick
not stick thin but a body fat percentage of about 10 - 15%

>some kind of cycle for the best possible results?
imo a cycle is best as it doesn't expose you to the extremes of fasting. im personally on a two week water fast followed by two weeks OMAD

>What results can I expect if everything goes well?
significant weight loss. I went from 124kg to 108kg in a month

>were to break my fast, what should I eat
small light meals with next to no carbs. Eggs are a good bet. Ease into it (think of it like penetrating a tight twink asshole. No homo)

Bone broth is great as a first meal

>how long should I last if I were to try water fasting?
i dont understand, you can last as long as your will power

>I went from 124kg to 108kg in a month
That's really good to hear, thank you user!
Now for a retarded question, if you're willing to bear with me a little more:
Is sparkling water OK instead of plain old water? I only need to pour a little salt in it every now and then/if I feel dizzy, right?

you should exercise more. you could easily lose 10 to 15 lbs in a few months.

carbonated water + salt = normal water you idiot. Salt decarbonates fizzy drinks. and read the opening post regarding salt intake you moron

Day 3 of the fast and I've been vomiting mucus.
Should I be worried?

36 hours into a fast and was not hungry at all, the ghrelin waves are barely happening.

Is this a good sign or a bad sign? Im fat as shit 350 6ft

nah. anyone who isn't obese vomits mucus all the time. that just means you're making it.

B-but I am obese

>I only need to pour a little salt in it every now and then/if I feel dizzy, right?
Yes, don't bother drinking the concentrated sea water they recommend in the OP. Agood pinch or two of salt in a warm cup of water in the morning, and one or two more throughout the day should be fine, and you can regulate it if you end up getting headaches. I've been doing 5 days fast per week for a month now and had zero issues doing it this way. Slightly salt warm water even tastes sort of good, which you can't say about concentrated piss aka snake juice that will make you vomit or shit yourself unless you drink a ton of plain water with it.

Feel free to break your fast once a week and eat a bunch of spinach, vegetables and some meat and nuts and fats.

Does swallowing snot break your fast?
I've had a really runny nose the last few days and I can't help swallowing some of it when it goes down my throat.

Elena, not close.

That's a great sign. It means that your body is already adapted to deriving its energy from your fat stores. Make sure you get the electrolytes in and then listen to your body; if you're getting headaches or faint-headedness it is probably a good time to re-feed.

4 0 k g
k
g

Good luck bro, keep us updated. Can't wait for the update and the results after 40 days. In theory you should lose around 11 kg or 24llbs, beacuse every gram of fat has 9kcal and your body probably (conservative estimate) consumes ~2500kcal per day. 2500kcal*40days=100 000kcal/9kcal(1g of fat)=11,1kg or 24,4lbs. Also try to go on walks just to get the blood flowing. I go on walks in the evenings, because is less people and less heat give it a shot man.

Do I have to maintain Keto after I fast for extended periods of time? I miss foods like Pasta, Pizza, and fries as it's made up the majority of my diet since I was young. I don't want to revert all my fasting progress though by eating a lot of carbs after fasting.

Every estimate I have ever read puts one pound/kg of bodyfat at 3500/7000 calories.

>Do I have to maintain Keto after I fast for extended periods of time?
You can go back to eating like trash and fatten yourself up again if that is your wish, just gradually go back on carbs over the course of a week once you stop fasting, especially if you are diabetic.

So I tried 16;8 and now I'm doing 18;6 So good so far. I'm 18 years old 6'5 and 235 pounds and cutting to 200 pounds, will fasting really make me grow an inch or two?

Bodyfat isn't pure oil, it has water also. Bodyfat is not 3500 kcal per lb. Oil is, not bodyfat though.

>You can't fast while living at home. It scares people.
Thankfully my father understands what I am doing, when he was in the military he was in a situation without food for several days and was already educated on how are bodies work.

How many of you have fat parents by the way? My mother isn't obese but she use to constantly cook like a god damn Italian, the amount of carbs I was getting growing up was insane and now I'm reversing the damage.

Attached: 434563456345.jpg (1300x1402, 1.3M)