I just tried running, i just died alittle bit inside

I just tried running, i just died alittle bit inside.
All i do is cough nonstop after the run and i cant get rid of the cough, why the fuck do i cough.

Attached: weight-loss.jpg (500x375, 142K)

PS its cold as fuck here

I always find that if i take some time off running and come back it makes me cough and fucks my throat, think its just cos of you not being used to the heavy breathing, goes after a while of doing it tho

Ok, thanks

Here's a tip: Breathing cold air through your mouth makes you cough. Get a mask or practice breathing in through your nose

There's a small chance you have exercise induces asthma. But more than likely it will go as you get better and improve your cardiovascular ability.

I am planning to buy some mouthprotection later this evening.

Could be maybe, i will keep going and push through the pain

Yeah the cold air can be brutal when you run especially you're not used to it. I'm not adding much but anecdotally I've experienced that. Oh but I do have asthma

Hot tea helps with the coughs

Somewhat related to OPs problem, why does my nose only run in the cold/in the sun? Is it some vascular constriction thing?

That goes away after a few runs. Certainly after a few weeks.

You're probably pushing yourself too hard. Start real easy and lightly and pick it up later.

The trick to running is weighting which is a wrestling concept I won't bore you with but essentially the harder the run gets the taller you stand up. Imagine theres a hook on the very top of your head pulling you up and stretching your spine out and just glide.

Also breathe like you're hitting a bong.

Good advice, ill keep it in mind

>mask
Don't be a little bitch. If I can winter hike in subzero conditions before pulling on face protection you can run in March without issue.

It's all practice user, keep at it.
The first time this year i started running again (after smoking copious amounts of tobacco/weed during the winter) i almost blacked out because i was so exhausted.
And yes, try to run with warm clothes on or wait until the weather improves.

I don't use it either, but you can't compare hiking to running in terms of breathing

One other thing. Actually the most important. Breathing out is more important to visualise than breathing in. Breathe out as violently as possible.

Fuck off tough guy, let OP get face protection if he wants.

I have heard that breathing is very important, thanks mate i'll also keep that in mind

Like a couple of other anons have said, it could be asthma! I tend to only get excercise induced asthma when the temp is below 15°C, and the only thing that helps is an inhaler. Get one from a pharmacy and have a few puffs before you run, it may stop the coughing.

are you on gear?

metal gear?

I picked up running once a week besides my lifting. Holy shit bro's stamina gains make you feel come alive. I also bought running shoes for the first time and the difference is insane!

This wont hurt my gains right, if I eat extra on the running day.

I dont understand the question, what kind of gear?
I use running shoes and normal clothes when i run

I've been trying to do the whole Couch to 5K thing and it makes me feel like a piece of shit.
Never been fat, just not very active so I wanted to start doing something about that.
Turns out I can't run for more than 4 minutes without my body dying. This is what I get for not being active for all 19 years of my life, but it's just so hard to keep myself from slipping up and just not running.
I'm tempted to just start from 0 again.

Attached: 1516927901317.png (300x470, 219K)

Run. its good for your heart and your head

What if i cant because of snot?

run for 1 minute, walk for 1 minute start like so

Attached: running-chart.jpg (2048x1487, 554K)

Don't start with couch to 5k
Start with a steady daily pourposeful 30 minute walk.
Do this for 1 week.

As for couch to 5k. It's about building endurance, not actually completing a 5k.
It's building a base of fitness that will allow you to JOG for at least 20 minutes nonstop.

Do not RUN when you first start
Learn how to jog correctly, learn how to pace yourself, learn how to breathe correctly.
THEN you do couch to 5k.\
If you are having trouble completing the next weeks workout then do the last weeks workout for another week.
Listen to some music and concentrate on each step and your breath.
It will help.

Try running indoors to see if it’s really the cold getting to you. If you still cough, it may be exercise induced asthma like the other guy said. I had that when I was younger, but I practiced running because I wanted to have a faster mile time in PE, and the coughing went away. If necessary, you can get an inhaler that provides quick relief. Should be able to get it through insurance. It’s worth it to keep practicing because it has become an incredibly beneficial hobby for me.

I just started running so I need some advice. Are you supposed to breathe through your nose or mouth while running?
If I'm running a 10k I could only breathe through my nose for the first 3k or so then I get tired and start to breathe through my mouth.
How do I increase my stamina?

In your nose, out of your mouth.
As for stamina, consistent practice.

You CAN do fartlek or interval running. But that's kind of advanced and you don't really understand how to breathe correctly yet.,

Depends on effort levels an easy jog through nose

Maybe you run too fast. Running helped me to love physical exercise because I learned that if you feel like shit at the start you just have to stick with routine and you WILL get better in no time.
Also you might consider that running might not be for you and try billions of other cardio types.

Attached: 1517507919595.png (591x1847, 994K)

>How do I increase my stamina?
Run more, satan. Not in the single session though. Take your time and gradually increase your weekly mileage

Stop being a baby, I'm a 215 pound fatty and I can run 5k in under 30. You should slow down your pace.

steroids

Will never use stuff like that im not gay

Get a heart rate monitor that beeps when you’re outside a bpm range and keep it between 70% and 80% of 220-(your age) for 30 to 60 min 3 to 6 times a week.

You will probably be walking starting out, but that’s the right intensity for your heart and lungs to grow more efficient and eventually you’ll be running the whole time.

Meant for

Really depends on what kind of cough it is then. If the only thing causing the cough is the cold air, you can try to power through it even if it's not ideal. But if you feel like it's heavily affecting your breathing you might wanna get some kind of facial protection. Doesn't have to be an advanced mask. I use a very thin buff that I gor from my trail running community and it helps me a lot, without hindering me from breading.

It's super important to experiment with different kinds of runs. If you only fo 10k runs it'll increase very slowly. Try doing a very slow 15k for example, or some 400-800 meter intervals with rest between. You will notice a huge change

Lol u must be a tough guy, aren't cha?

Man, that brings back memories. Back in the day ('70s) when running was getting to be big thing, they referred to that as "sky hook'. You were supposed to imagine it to help you up hills.