Which karate branch?

I want to start a MA because my new work timetable prevents me from my usual activities so I have to stay in shape.
is there any karate branch which still uses barehanded fighting? I cant remember if shotokan or kyokushin was "the hardest" one,but i see a lot of ma discussions here on fit.
I want to become tough and be able to spar with intensity to vent off my incel sexual energy.

Attached: o1kMFTf.png (721x636, 474K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ujMgPDUGYUs
youtube.com/watch?v=NqcE1J7z2eE
thesun.co.uk/news/2834997/security-guard-asda-manslaughter/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if you want intense sparring do boxing

Just do Judo then, get to hug everyone while trying to throw them. Can Mount them to win by pin should be enough for your sexual energy.

Who knows you might even get to play with a qt and get her in a triangle ;^)

kyokushin does full contact bare knuckle sparring pretty often, will make you pretty tough and able to take a punch or a kick. Unfortunately there are a lot of mcdojos, so make sure the one that you go to does regular full contact sparring. One downside of kyokushin is that it doesnt include head punches, but tbf punching a skull bare fisted is a good way to break your hand

>usual activies
>sexual energy
You saying to don't have time to fap, op?

And assuming you're American, TeamUsa has maps for affiliated dojos to help cut down on mcDojos.
Also, why the desire to spar bare knuckled? You're just running the risk of hurting yourself practising, one of dumber occurrences. Just fight frat bois on the weekends if you wanna bare knuckle routine; it'll tell ya real quick what does and doesn't work.

>that pic

Great way to get arthritis

wing chun or jeet kune do

Done both Shotokan and Kyokushin both have there benefits. Shotokan focus on a slightly longer range of fighting with an aim of one hit wins but depending on the dojo may focus more on kata and basics. In the UK we uses thin mitts but i don't no about america. On the other hand Kyokushin focuses on endurance and has more intense sparring but loses something as you cant make contact to the face. You won't compete without mitts but will more likely train with them if you like working hands.
Personally i enjoyed kyokushin the most but i'd already been training for 5 years so i jumped in with a decent level of experience.

Attached: whitemitts.jpg (250x244, 12K)

>wing chun
>tough

>his face
la creatura

maybe with little baby hands like yours

Kyokushin, seidokaikan, enshin, ashihara, kudo/daido-juku

Everything else is point krotty dancing

just end yourself soyboy

Attached: baki-historically-accurate.jpg (692x1100, 212K)

I love sparring with karate guys, you faggots tap so quickly once any sort of joint lock is in

go to bjj or muay thai, stay away from karate you retarded scrub

We do groundwork in kudo. Its basically karate flavoured mma. The main difference is no ground strikes but headbutts are legal

I've never had a problem with grapples unless they say you can't strike,often can't take a hit, similar with muay thai fighters as they train with massive gloves usually don't do to well if not allowed them.

I fuck with kudo actually, but it's grapple game is weak. Aesthetic to watch though, and more entertaining than most bjj matches. Didn't know headbutts were legal.

If you need to strike while grappling then you need to train harder.
'often can't take a hit'

Maybe depends on the school. I did it in Japan. My coach was ex-japanese team and we had about half-half ex-judoka and ex-kyokushinka

At one of the clubs i trained at they had an open matt session where we'd usually take up about half the space and bjj would take up another part. Once nobody turned up for karate so i trained with the bbj and got demolished as karate which focuses on strikes. later on they asked to spar with us controlled but both grappling and striking in which they never manged to put a lock on because the couldn't get close enough without getting hit with body and thigh shot easily dropping them.

Mishima style karate.
Imagine doing the spinning demon or the tripple spin kick to roundhouse.

Attached: 301cfc7bed26da0373b0743f197c26a4.jpg (817x1180, 140K)

honestly, yeah a lot of my peers lose their minds as soon as the circumstances change but that's strange that they'd do so poorly. Sounds like they were weakbodied bitches desu and I won't excuse them.

Karatefags are usually fun because so many of them want to make this a quick event and that's just not how we train. You might hit me with that leg, it's not a sure thing you'll get it back.

Seconding judo. You are guarenteed to fall so learning how to do so safely is also a good thing.

Shokokan-ryu was gay and lame. Nice Kata tho

Kyokushin was fucking hardcore bareknuckle shit. My mom was a black belt and had to go to NY to take sparring tests

>Karate
Muay Thai is objectively superior

Attached: buakaw-banchamek-696x1036.jpg (696x1036, 73K)

Eh, depends what you want out of it. Muay thai is fun and I prefer it as an overall system, but most gym goers there get easily overwhelmed when you throw in traditional shit too. I did tkd for a few years before getting into kickboxing and even if I fought more experienced thai fighters, I could throw some fast and strong kicks off my front leg or some spin shit and make up for it. Footwork from tkd also lets me move alot easier and less stiff from most

Kyokushin and then do Judo.

>tfw want to do kyokushin after seeing the sparring
>dont want to be a 20 year old weeb buying a gi and wearing a white belt
why do all karate places insist on training in a gi? it seems like grappling doesnt exist in that system so why do you need it?

just do traditional boxing for a few years and then practise how to check leg kicks for 20 minutes.

gain 30lbs too.

you will rape skinny manlets who think flashy kicks work in street fights.

Dude I love my gi, as weeby as it sounds it helps me get into battle mode.

>BJJ primadonna making shit up again
The 90s are over, dumbass. No one believes in an invincible style anymore.

FWIW I tapped Bjj guys with leg locks as a Karateka before. Look up Dean Lister and enjoy embarassing loudmouth black belts. And MT has shit hands and no footwork.

If it's made for women shouldn't it be super effective when a dude uses it

The kyokushin style gi feels way different than a gay sports karate set of pajamas.

From experience kyokushin schools don't expect new students to last long, so just go try it out for a month and if you like it go buy one.

>Kyokushin was fucking hardcore bareknuckle shit. My mom was a black belt and had to go to NY to take sparring tests
Did she have to fight 100 opponents for her black belt test or is this just a meme?

Wing Chun is just, well, historically, it appeared just after the Chinese encountered Western (English) Boxing. It's basically the close distance infighting of ye olde bare knuckle boxinge in a simplified way, with some Asian bullshit tacked on.

This is nothing rare, btw. Japanese Ju Jutsu only appeared after meeting European martial arts (and it looks the same pretty much), they just had Sumo beforehand. Muay Thai only appeared after Savate was encountered.

100 man is more a self-imposed challenge. Allegedly mas oyama, the founder, did 3 100 man in 3 days.

Muay thai hands are utter shit.

Catch wrestling>BJJ
Your shitty conditioning is laughable.

This

In my experience the 2 most Legit Katate Styles are Kyokushin

youtube.com/watch?v=ujMgPDUGYUs

and Kudo karate

youtube.com/watch?v=NqcE1J7z2eE

though Kudo mostly practiced in Russia and eastern European countries

mcgregor would reck him

Shotokan is a fun hobby, but really not so tough, at least where I did it.
Haven't tried out Kyokushin myself yet, but it looks much more interesting, harder and more "realistic" except for the no head punches thing ofc.

If you wanna have a nice little hobby and don't care much about real use, go for Shotokan.
If you wanna blow of some steam and get hit hard, go for kyokushin. I'd do it myself if we got a proper dojo here but for now I'm only doing Krav Maga.
Which is nice and fun and a great way to blow off steam too, btw. But be careful to pick a proper school where they actually do sparring if you wanna try it.

excellent vids

As a black belt karate-ka

do brazillian jiu-jitsu or muay thai.

God damn those kicks to the knees made my knees ache.

That Irish man would lose so hard people would legit kill themselves.

I have no doubts there are elements such as stepping outside the centre-line which is similar to working the angle in boxing or kickboxing but the stance taught in wing chun (arms out away from the face 70% weight on the back foot) make it easy for someone to either grab your outstretched hand to pull you in clinch style or throw you. Also the fact the knowledge is passed down from person to person makes it likely that the less flashy more efficient aspects of the art were lost.

would you be scared of a woman who was a shredded as that? This guy would actually be incapable of incapacitating an average sized western male.

Even though I suggested judo I would be hesitant to use it in a street fight for the pure fact that while training in judo teaches you to fall, you don' know if the other person does. I can't imagine executing a drop seoi nage or a ko/o-uchi gare for fear of dropping the other person on their head and killing them. I guess it depends on the law in your country but over here in bong-land you can be done for manslaughter for what seems like nothing.

E.g
>Friends friend is Security Guard notices roastie is stealing a bottle of vodka from local Sainsburies
>Takes chase
>Roastie trips falls onto bottle
>bottle smashes shards fly into the girl
>She bleeds out
>Security is charged with manslaughter

I'm not saying the charge is right but I don't want to end up there from trying to defend myself.

Are you that same guy who made a thread on pol?

dafuq, did he go to jail ??

kyokushin is the best traditional karate system around, though honestly I'd recommend going to a good mma gym if you want to spar with intensity and get in good shape. Cross train in bjj and boxing if you have the time and want to be relatively well rounded.

saving this thread cos it has potential

meditation and mma or just karate?

thesun.co.uk/news/2834997/security-guard-asda-manslaughter/

Same incident same outcome, doesn’t say if doorman was charged or jailed but I assume if charged will get jail time

Also I know it is shit tier news outlet

The reason why their fistfighting pretty much sucks is because in MT competion they don't earn points from punching.

I self had trained in MT and I'm consider about training in boxing for better punching techniqes.

This. Also this is why the Dutch kickboxing guys used to go to Thailand and knock the Thai's out because they had superior hands from western boxing training.