Am i a beginner if i lifted for a year but all of my lifts suck because i had a shitty diet...

Am i a beginner if i lifted for a year but all of my lifts suck because i had a shitty diet, shitty sleep and followed a shitty bro split with no progress in weight?

Attached: 6B5D9646-B71C-469C-8D28-2964591C851E.png (480x527, 267K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
startingstrength.com/get-started/programs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Posts lifts
Weight
Height

Yes and no.

Bench: 54kg
Deadlifts: 80kg
Leg press (nonsquats): 120kg
OHP: 30kg

Weight: 80kg
Im 185cm

>am i a dyel if im a dyel?

Your status depends on your lifts not how long you've been lifting. Your lifts are pathetic, and leg press doesn't count.

Yeh your def a beginner

>no squats

pls no

Shocking, absolutely shocking.
You're lower than a beginner, with those stats you're just as strong as someone who's never been to the gym in their life, if you had a strength level between 1-100 you'd be at 0 still on the start menu of the game.

Attached: chrome_2018-03-14_22-18-29.png (895x790, 393K)

>bench 54kg
>deadlifts 80kg
>OHP 30 kg
>leg press????

I hope those are troll numbers, I was 1.8m, 72kg when I started lifting and had greater numbers than you....

start sleeping and eating right, and do ss, since you clearly haven't done anything for a year

I made good gains my first 6 months in the gym then absolute shit for the next year and now I’m making good gains again because I actually had to start doing things properly but I do PPL every other day which is a glorified bro split and I’m making better gains than when I was doing UL because of muh frequency science bullshit

So i can do linear progresion shit right?

Before you even step into a gym again,
First: Start getting AT LEAST 140g of protein in your diet, the rest of your diet can be sorted later, one step at a time
Second: Get 7-9 hours of sleep EVERY NIGHT, as soon as it hits 11:59pm start getting ready for bed so you have a full 8 hours when you wake up at 8am, change the times depending on your schedule.
Third: Get a real routine, --> reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/ this is good for starters,
Or if you want something simpler, do startingstrength.com/get-started/programs

Get your shit together.

So i should do beginner routines like PPL right?

So in your opinion PPL is a good routine that works for you?

PPL is not a beginner routine.

do SL/SS

>as soon as it hits 11:59pm you should be in your bed already, so you'll get a full 8 hours when you wake up at 8am
fixed

If your diet sucks your lifts will suck. Calculate your tdee, exceed it, get your protein, lift heavy.

Just, stop and consider this picture for a moment. She has an erect, unprotected penis inside of her vagina at the moment this picture was taken, ready to just ejaculate inside of her at any moment. Just... Dwell on that for a moment, brehs.

I started with PPL as a beginner and I'm progressing faster than the average lifter.
When I started I was weaker than the average person, 7 months later I'm almost lifting the same weights that a person who's been going the gym for 12 months should expect to be lifting.
I'd say it's a beginner routine.

am already doing that. i never gave afuck about that shit before now. i eat like 180g protein a day but im currently on a cut so i only eat at 1800-2000 tdee

can i do it on a cut?

PPL gains come to down discipline

Ss and sl have more slack

whats the difference between SL/SS?

>currently on a cut
If you're on a cut you aren't exceeding tdee. Your lifts will suck until you eat at or above your tdee.

Strong lifts
Starting strength

SL has more volume and more lifts

post stats

yes, but doing ppl as a beginner while on a cut is almost one of the most retarded things you can do for your strength

5x5 vs 3x5 and cleans

Hmm ok ok. I think i will do SS since i have heard about it most

so is it more for hypotrophy. i want strength desu since i feel quite pathetic at the gym. so i assume i should do ss?

sucks for me but im quite chubby rn

These are the people telling me my 1/2/3/4 in 7 months of lifting are e stats

Was at 65kg (On Bulk) in August, 5 reps
Deadlift: 50kg
Squat: 42.5kg
Chin-up: Did 3-4 Chin-ups with bad form
(Didn't record Bench or Overhead starting weights).

March at 69kg (On Cut), 5 reps
Deadlift: 95kg
Squat: 92.5kg
Bench: 62.5kg
Overhead: 40kg
Chin-Up: 8 with good form

You might technically be "progressing faster than the average lifter", but you would be making quicker gains on SS.

so being a beginner has nothing to do with how long you lifted but how much you can actually lift right? so will i get noob gains? I remember last year i bulked and my lifts went up quite fast, but then i quit fitness due to travel and when i came back and tried to do the same i was weak af. i ate food but didnt check protein/sleep

>sucks for me but im quite chubby rn
You can try to minimize the deficit. Don't try to be a hero and cut 1000 calories a day. You can try 200 or so instead. It all depends on your strength gain goals vs. your weight loss goals.

Yes, if you are still lifting beginner weights you will get noob gains. The only real exception is if (for example) you have high upper body lifts and noob squats. You won't make noob gains on squats in this case unless you stop lifting so heavy on upper body, because otherwise your recovery is wasted on non-noob gains.

Think about it this way, who's advice are you going to take, the guy who's been lifting 5 years and looks like he's hit his natty peak. Or the guy who's been lifting 9 years yet you can lift more than him?
It's not about length worked, it's about knowledge gained and if they can put that knowledge to action. This applies to every skill in life, no one looks at the 55 year old who's been using computers his entire life for computer advice, they look at that 18 year old IT support who somehow knows how to fix every computer related problem including problems the 55 year old has.

Not op. I have been doing 5x5 SL for 7 months and is getting a bit boring. Can I switch to the PPL one right now or I'm late to the party?

Attached: 1520828955795.jpg (480x953, 323K)

can you tell me about it? what is it like? Your lifts been better? what do you dislike about it? how long are you supposed to do it?

How the fuck is it possible to have lifts this low? Even with an absolute trash diet of fast food several times a week, junk food, and no fucking order or uniform to anything whatsoever you should still have made more than this. Holy fucking shit, what did you inject chocolate ice cream into your veins every single day and lift for like 10 minutes?

I literally cannot wrap my head around this, I get a lack of progress due to a shitty diet but your lifts are fucking ridiculous. Just curious, what the fuck did you eat? How often do you lift?

i hit one muscle group each week. i didnt really try to put on more weight desu, i just lifted the same shit everyday since whenever i put on more weight i didnt feel the burn lol

It's a pretty linear program, you have the same 5 exercise 3 times a week, you can do some meme chin ups. I started in August 2017, never lifted before. Pic related is my progress. Bare in mind, I'm a fatty in perma cut who followed a shit diet for months,now im trying to eat well but still way under my tdee. So I'm hitting hard plueatu atm. Yes I suffer a lot bench and barbell. I have more strength in my legs.

Attached: IMG_20180315_005424.png (1080x1681, 94K)

are you supposed to only hit 1 set of dl? I saw it on their page too

You can switch them. It's literally workout A and B. You can do ABA or BAB and dl 2 times.

In PP it states that you get to intermediate stage once your body can't recover within 24 to 48 hours. But seeing as how you are saying you lifts suck and you just started, yes. You are a beginner.

>whenever I put on more weight I didn't feel the burn
The ought to dissect you in a lab

How can you be that weak? Don't even need to lift to do them weights.

It's never too late to swap routines, Deadlifts, Barbell Rows, Squats, Bench, and Overhead are essential to gaining strength, as long as you're doing these every week then you'll gain strength regardless of the routine.
The other exercises part of the PPL are there for both strength and aesthetics, they'll work on parts of your body that the major compound exercises don't get.
Because SS is used for solely gaining strength, it's pretty fast to get in and out the gym while still getting your gains.
PPL is to gain strength and look good, so you'll be spending more time at the gym but you'll physically look better in the long run.

are those 1rm?

No 4x8