Is there any hope trying to court a girl that's tried to kill herself several times?

Is there any hope trying to court a girl that's tried to kill herself several times?
Also do you recommend training strict press for OHP or utilize hip thrust like how Rippetoe teaches the movement?

Attached: ohp.png (948x441, 396K)

Attached: 1520992545896.gif (363x361, 44K)

Strict (although for most people that still necessitates a small amount of thoracic arch). The hip slam is a competition trick, unless you live and die by your ohp 1RM it's not a particularly useful variant of the lift - push pressing accomplishes basically the same thing without the added back stress.

That hand grip is too wide

i prefer strict personally, also depends on her situation if she went for help and is trying might as well is she dies get a new one

Wrong

>if she dies get a new one
thanks for the tip
I've been told that you want vertical forearms and you want your elbow to slightly stick out ahead of the bar, I was at 115lb 5x5 using Rippetoe's method and I struggle getting 8 reps at 85lbs strict pressing

Too funny. "Court" kek.

Don't have fantasies about "saving" her and don't do pathetic shit like telling her about how she's a worthwhile person and how life's worth living and all that crap. None of that will actually help, you'll come off as a loser, and she'll be repulsed by you and actually despise you.

If you want to hang out with her and maybe bone her (you degenerate) then just do it with a ZFG attitude and go places / do things with her. Maybe the steady presence and possible relationship might do some good. But given that she's that kind of damaged goods, being around her probably means drugs or at least alcohol abuse.

Longterm, girls like that are too damaged for a relationship worth having. People in those cases basically just have to hit bottom and start rebuilding before they're worth having around, and any relationship they do get into before that is usually either abusive or at least highly dysfunctional or codependent.

Strict press only. The way Ripp USED TO teach it. That new press is one of his biggest fuckups, the other big one is 8-10 minute rests between sets lel. Pic has too wide a grip, grip should be just in front of the delts.

>s tried to kill herself several times?
She's not even good at that.

If you really want do to do it, the way to go is to gradually just be there for her, talking all the time and hanging out etc, nothing too pushy or committal.

But you have to realize that if it does work, you're going to have second thoughts at some point and getting a clean break with no further thoughts of suicide on her part is fucking difficult. You're also going to doubt if you're a good person and whether you did it all just for sex to begin with. And if you really love her or just feel immense sympathy.

I like it strict.

He who buggers a fire burns his penis
Listen to ancient Rome, user

>tfw only attracted to severely depressed mentally ill girls
i think this is the male equivalent of women who think they can "fix" a guy. Personally I try to avoid it as much as I can now, it always ends up with you being her caretaker. However, if she's trying to better herself (going to therapy, fixing whatever is wrong in her life that caused her to attempt suicide), then it could be a perfectly happy and normal relationship

IF she's getting therapy and seems to be trying to change for the better give her a shot, if not stay as far away as you can. If she seems like she's a lost cause leave immediately and don't blame yourself if she threatens suicide or whatever, you can't be responsible for her.
I see guys try to pick up girls who need fixing all the time, it's a mistake.You should try to be with someone who is confident and happy with themselves.

i tend to use a little bit of hip drahve to kind of put my chest under the bar because otherwise i get some pain in my medial delts (though that's probably due to muscular imbalance). Also I like to turn the grip inwards slightly, so that the index finger is closer to a 45 degree angle with the bar. I find this helps activate the shoulders more and lets you lift heavier

1. it's not worth wasting time on someone with fucked up issues like that, can you really see it working with a suicidal chick?
2. I prefer strict bc I don't lift for the numbers, I'm just trying to work my shoulders.

When women think about fixing men, they mean take them and make them their host.
A man is actually feeling and empathetic, wishing and hoping a broken woman can one day share his love for life.
If a man knew how a woman operates, he would not give a fuck about her predicament and just live his live in front of her, giving her the false hope that she can get instant gratification out of him and maybe "love" aka barter with you because she sees you have what she seeks.

Depends on your goals/what specifically you are training for

hypertrophy

Dyasfunctional and codependent relationships are the best

They don't stray and the sex is so passionate

Erh I like it

You pretty much just set the agenda and they don't challenge you with any of their nonsense ideas
It's cozy

Love is love or whatever
I wouldn't recommend it, I feel p jaded but I am so far over anyone who let's their emotions get the better of them all the time
You don't need to be a knight in shining armor to date a girl, I don't know what the answer to her problem is, but it's probably not a guy

You cam absolutely marry someone broken and try to safe them. Be prepared to sacrifice your own life for hers though. A few years in you'll start resenting her for it and you either push through it amd know it gets better or you split at that point.
Been married to an ex anorexic/suicidal for 5 years now, best thing that ever happened to me.

Dysfunctional codependent relationship checking in
I can tell you that over time she will get over it. Maybe. The sex is fucking ridiculous.
>4 years in
>look myself in the mirror everyday and ask if its worth it

>You pretty much just set the agenda and they don't challenge you with any of their nonsense ideas
until you get a text at 3am saying "i really dont want to live any more. I want to kill myself." Shit's horrible, makes your stomach drop

It depends OP ive dated 2 girls who have attempted suicide.

One I eventually realised she was doing it as a method to control and manipulate, the other was just genuinely going through a rough time. Now we're solid af and have a child together.

I've never met this girl but she's attempted three times and the last time was a month ago and she slit her wrist and her throat. The other two times were in middle school. I know her mom but I don't know her that well personally aside from the stuff her mom has talked about. She's had an abortion which I just found out a week ago and I'm wondering if guilt from that motivated her to attempt previously, but I still don't know why she attempted the two times in middle school.

>not messaging back "ok, then get help from a professional, good night".
dunno. I can't be arsed to help those who just look to leech.
if a dysfunctional woman is comfortable, has no reason to change, then she should better get her hands, legs cuffed, her mouth gently shut and get strapped to a corner where she can do no harm.
Maybe plaster her with a biohazard sign to warn those who can read.

Once you realise the amount of time it takes for her to be normal in the head you won't want to be with her anymore

jesus christ my dude you are broken and you don't wanna think about it so you try to fix other people

love yourself my man

y---y---you don't know me!

Erh they tend to just fit round my personality and take on my traits

Gf was depressed as fuck when i first met her, few months and she told me about her dad beating her and her mum, her first bf was also violent, really skewed her concept of relationships.
Basically a self loathing non trusting qt that needed some help, i stepped in to get laid at first but saw some glimpses of a smart funny girl, with 2 or 3 shit friends and no family, so i stuck around.

fast forward 1 year and she now goes to the gym daily, got her uni courses in order, stopped wearing makeup 100 percent of the time and is genuinely funny. So yeah sure OP it can work, as long as you put your foot down when shes being a cunt or irrational, and don't let her crying dissuade you when you're in the right logically, many ups and downs but in my case it worked out okay.

My wife has disassociative identity disorder, so you know, things can work out. She's less work than the girlfriend I had before and she was just a bitch. Sometimes people just have to fix their own issues though.

As for OHP I dunno, i have a bad habit of sticking out my lower back but I do that when I'm just standing around anyway, but I think strict is probably for the best.

Ex boyfriend of a chronically depressed girl here
No amount of love in the world can teach her coping mechanisms, only she can realise how to improve her situation. 3 years and I couldn't make her move an inch she was too scared to admit she wasn't coping and too scared to open her mind to CBT

>girl with mental illness ever
Enjoy your low potential offspring

I got into lifting through watching Rippetoe's videos but I do strict press. The hip drive shit is too complicated for me. I don't know what it's supposed to help and I don't know how to do it properly so I ignore it.

what were her symptoms? how did she act during the day, what would she do/not do

Y tho? Find a better mate to raise your young. Do you want a flightly suicidal soy goblin to be their mother?

Attached: 1516552356060.png (502x277, 370K)

You are a fucking moron, comparing the push press to hip sway

Please just listen to rip you mongs

Attached: legday.gif (176x363, 39K)

I utilize hip thrust now after learning it from Rip. I didn't get it at first but now I see how slamming your body forward gets more force into the bar. Makes a big difference on singles.

>3 suicide attempts
>an abortion

jesus christ dude, fucking run away

Attached: internalscreaming.png (578x523, 258K)

>They don't stray
lmao

>too scared to open her mind to CBT
why would you want her to stare at pictures of homos on a mogadishan iron ore trading post newsletter deposit site?