Please help, Veeky Forums

please help, Veeky Forums

I just got a DEXA scan and have really bad bone density that's on its way to become osteoporosis, all I was told was to take vitamin d and calcium. this was 5 months ago and now I fractured my elbow from skateboarding.

I was out on TRT because I had low estrogen and low testosterone around the same time.

my bones hurt please please please help

Attached: 1514668368850.jpg (768x768, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4214007/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Clean organic diet, bone broths for helping your cells and gut.

You will need to fix your hormonal imbalance too.

I've been doing keto for a month now and thinking of dropping it in favor of just gorging myself for nutrients. I'm 5'10" and 150lbs, I could stand to gain 20 more lbs. I've also been doing a collagen supplement in the mornings and might bump it 2x a day.

As far as hormones go, I meant to say put* on TRT. It's been 6 months. I'm just worried that I need to be put on some bisphonate bullshit. Joint pain is shit.

bump

Sounds like your docs are correcting your hormones and making sure your diet is on point. I'd do bodyweight exercises in the meantime as weight bearing exercise is great for bone density.

>do bodyweight exercises
>weight bearing exercise is great for bone density
what?

bump

oof my bones

Apparently, consuming soy with fructooligosaccharides or FOS (fruits and vegetables such as bananas, onions, chicory root, garlic, asparagus, jícama, and leeks) and dried plum was found to be "effective at restoring bone loss as a result of ovarian hormone deficiency" in rats.

Here's the study www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2011/836267/, and here's more information about FOS en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructooligosaccharide

inb4 OP isn't a rat
inb4 soy
inb4 not a clinically blind double placebo controlled randomized twice over study

>fructooligosaccharides
u wot m8?

it's a type of fiber found in certain foods like some fruits and vegetables

research k2 Mk-4, you might be able to get to prescribed by a doctor at osteoporosis treatment levels.

duh
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4214007/

Vitamind d3, vitamin a(50%recytyl acetat), vitamin k2(mk7), raw milk from grassfed mamals(for bacteria and enzymes), double progression lifting

k2 mk-4? all I was prescribed with was some fucking shitty calcium chewables that aren't even as good as my jarrow supps. fuck. I need a better doctor before this one sends me home with fosamax.

vitamin K research in regard to absorption of calcium into the bones is inconclusive (ie vitamin K is likely ineffective). On the other hand, at least two studies have concluded that FOS and inulin promote intestinal calcium absorption in animals and humans (see www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14747679, and www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10075343).

>chewables
meme doctor detected

What is wrong with chewables you NEET

I still got a fracture from these useless chewables and it's an easy script to fill out from any rheumatologist that doesn't want your jaw to die from bisphonates.

I heard weighted vests help, what am I supposed to do with one? just wear one around the house or something?

chewables are basically for children and retards. chewables are also less potent because they're designed primarily to be more palatable

Attached: 1521134654375.jpg (600x930, 44K)

Fractures happen, you still have a bone disease so these treatments are just attempts to help

Bisphosphonates can help but like you said they can cause osteonecrosis of the jaw and can cause their own unique femoral fractures. There isn't a perfect solution, but if you really want bisphosphonates ask your doctor about them...

This is false

You get your calcium from food anyways, you're not "losing effectiveness" unless you take it with something else that can chelate the calcium or affect absorption like antacids maybe can

Bisphonates are the last draw. I'm at the 5 month point of taking TRT since being diagnosed with ostoepenia and was told to wait it out while my bone density "naturally" raises with the adjustment in my hormones via therapy. I'm just fed up with the joint pains, small fractures and feeling my rib cage cave inside me.

jaw rot is definitely something I'd like to fucking avoid, jesus.

The jaw osteonecrosis and femoral fractures are risks but they're still relatively rare

I told you to put the carton down. I warned you.

Attached: 20953008_709638515900433_5394334376144424494_n.jpg (670x671, 48K)

oof owie