Who else lifts to be physically intimidating/stand up for themselves?

Almost every single post here is “WILL ABS get me girls?? Or will getting buff get me girls?”

> be me
> traditionally good looking, nice hair, good jaw- no trouble getting girls in school or college.
> 6’1 , 150 lbs twink
> intimidated by other guys and bullied around
> start lifting to gain respect from other dudes and so I can protect myself if shit goes down

Surely I can’t be the only one who lifts for solely this or sports/athletic reasons. It’s a nice bonus to have women like your body but IMHO a nice face + abs is everything women want. I’ve been lifting 3 years now and am 185 pretty lean at 6’2 and have never had anyone fuck with me. I feel confident in my ability to protect mysef and my GF. It feels nice not being scared to go to the gym because your bench is 1 plate or your arms are 12”

Attached: 246ABE35-BA39-467B-8ADB-7B468AB7B2AC.png (395x349, 146K)

Have you ever considered that maybe you stopped getting bullied because you got older and so did everyone else and they grew out of that? In any case, I'm glad you've improved your physique and confidence

Maybe yeah but I’m just 20 and was 17 when I started lifting. I just feel most guys really don’t respect a skinny lad especially if you’re lanky and 6’+ too. Men are traditionally muscular and if you’re not you’re less of a man in a sense

For sure its happening to me, same height as you and weight , just some of it is fat, packing on muscle pretty quickly

Wouldn't boxing or krav maga or something be better for that purpose ?

This

>3 years ago
>getting off train, walking to work
>catch a glimpse of dude sitting on bench in front of me staring at me
>think he wants to start shit
>stare back while I walk towards him
>take off earbuds because he was saying something when I was near him
>he says "hey bro what's the problem"
>"you tell me what the problem is"
>"what do you mean"
>"I thought you were going to jump me because you were staring at me"
>"no bro you gotta learn to relax why would I do that I just thought you were cute"
>say "haha yeah ok" and spaghetti my way out of there power walking as fast as I can

I now try to not be so autistic and find that most people are actually pleasant, people that act tough etc are just uneducated scum, at least where I live.

Looking intimidating is a far better deterrent to begin with in my experience

I'm 6'3, 240 pounds, 27 years old but I have a baby face and "adults" bully me all the time. kids bully me, everyone does. How to stop them pls

Grow a beard and shave head.

this
>5ft8 155lbs dyel
>start lifting 2 months ago
>still 5ft8 but gaining muscle mass
>gonna start boxing lessons the second i hit 1/2/3/4/5
>doing this so my future son has someone to look up to/someone to teach them to stand up for themselves

>be me
>Scandinavian
>got robbed at knifepoint by middle eastern immigrants the first time when I was 13
>bulked up during puberty
>studied some martial art
>now dedicated to maximizing my combat ability

Sandniggers can burn in hell.

Attached: 1519707896456.jpg (584x573, 82K)

i did that

still get talked down to lmao. even the skinny 19 year old manlet at work pushes me out of the way

Muscles aren't intimidating though; height, frame and skull size are. Actually, the more some dude looks like a bodybuilder, the more I'm convinced that they're all show, no go.

>that pic

man, lifting really does help when you have a 4-5/10 face. I mean, you're not gonna be banging supermodels but he definitely turned into a much better catch

>1/2/3/4/5
??

The fact that you're 240 pounds and you're getting pushed out the way by some skinny bitch shows you're just letting them push you around. Next time he tries just brick wall the fucker but act nonchalant about it.

I lift to shitpost about it on Veeky Forums once I am A E S T H E T I C

You clearly are underage. Bullying is just as common in adult world as in kid or teenage years. If someone has that mentalility, being weak and a push over they will be bullied their entire lives until they change.

This gigantic guy started shit with me in de club. He was same size only crazy muscular. Arms as big as my head. It turned out okay but i've been lifting ever since
Never again i'll be scared of a guy my size

Attached: 1515674239063.jpg (736x1060, 85K)

Haha Europe is a fucking mess with that shit

Yeah, I have a blue pet elephant too.

Bodybuilding won't help you if shit goes down, just avoid fights altogether if you don't want to die or go to prison, if you're that worried over your wellbeing go train MMA, but shit do you live in Uganda or something that your life is at risk every day?

Attached: 1518731568928.png (485x443, 23K)

i lift to bash lebs

cronulla riots will happen once again

Attached: 1455175214145.png (349x321, 18K)

>not getting his number
>not having a lovely dinner together in a trendy new Salvadorian bistro
>not giggling drunkenly while fondling each other while you fumble with the keys to your apartment
>not licking him clean after he creams your boipucci
Fag

If you're not a complete twink confidence is all you need to not be fucked with.
Lifting can give you that confidence, martial arts can give it, even being a 6'5 fatty can do.

Blogpost example without trying to sound overly edgy:
>be me, 5'11 165lbs, shit faced drunk
>at party see guy who tried to molest friends sister some time ago
>go over, grab him and tell him I'll put him down if I see him around her again
>stumbles backwards doesn't even answer
>friends come and convince me to leave him alone
>when I get back he's gone
>friends tell me next day when I'm sober I genuinely looked like I'm about to kill him
>was maybe the third or fourth time I got aggressive when drunk but friends sister is like my own to me

Was a feminine NEET tumblr fag two years ago who played video games all day and watched anime with no friends. I got pushed around by guys and bullied without even realizing it.
I quit gaming, quit all the fashion bullshit, quit anime and developed a huge social circle.
Joined gym 9 months ago and beefed up.
I don't take shit from anyone anymore and am pretty respected by my peers.

the paranoid virgin vs the gay chad

This happened yesterday. I was standing on the sidewalk with my girlfriend and some asshole passed very close to us while riding his bike. Like super close and very fast. At the same time he was yelling "CAREFUL, CAREFUL!!" in a very irritating tone. I yelled "What the fuck, you idiot" or something along those lines and he instantly stopped in his tracks and turned around. He got off from his bike and I thought "Damn this is it. We're gonna fight". Mind you I've done boxing for a couple of years but I've never been in a street fight before.
As I start walking towards him he starts yelling again "Why didnt you move are you made of steel or something what the fuck" and then he kind of like hid behind his bike, while making it seem as if he was going to throw the damn thing at me (pathetic I know). I looked into his eyes and I could see this fucker was terrified, lol. He was a bit taller than me but he was very skinny. At that moment I just laughed and waved him off. My girlfriend was glad I didnt hit him.
Anyway, that was the first time I've seen someone be physically intimidated by me.

i'm not poor, so i don't live in an area where people try to intimidate each other physically.

>he doesnt know about the secret 5th lift
You are never going to make it

a true Viking, Godspeed (or whatever vikings believed in)

odin you noob, brush up on odinism

did you fuck her

I'm a 6'7 nerd, but I hide that with a beard and exercise (gained 100 pounds since the end of high school) and it's been incredibly helpful at work. People just seem relieved that I'm friendly and do their best to keep it that way. Useful when half of my job is negotiating. So I suppose it falls under this category?

Not me. I already look like an angry asshole (thank you slav genetics) anyway. Lifting only made it worse. Talking to shy girls is a fucking nightmare.

I lift because it helps me be a better fighter and because i love moving heavy weights while normies stare thinking a 200 kg deadlift is superhuman (i know it's not even impressive, but somehow sounds like a ton to them).

i've been training martial arts for years (going for shodan in november). When i was around 20, i only did cardio and calisthenics with my regular training. I was 175 lbs at 6'1 and was fighting competitively, and i got in quite a few street fights with assholes who wanted to hit a smaller guy (i looked skinny dressed, obviously). They regretted it, but somehow people would still think they could win a fight with me because i didn't look impressive enough with clothes on.

Now after lifting and doing starting judo too, at 225 lbs, I had people who acted aggressively simply shut up when i looked angry at them. And no one picks on me randomly in the street (which is saying something in eastern europe). The only time i get in arguments with people si when i'm driving, and they can't see me, and if i get out of the car, they suddenly become calm and understanding.

So yes, being a huge ass bastard is a far better deterrent against random violence than being an actually good fighter. (I'm a worse fighter now than when i was competing, now I only train for fun)

>Starting judo

i meant to say "beginner level judo".

I did not.
I treat her like she was my own sister.

maybe you're fat.

Can I bully you back into being a cute neet bf

So you fucked her then?

this

We're in the same boat except my boat it about 5 inches shorter. Holy hell you must be skinny though.
I'm a 5'8, 170 lbs personal trainer. Got into this business because I pissed off a lot of people when I was younger. Spent some time homeless, met a lot of terrible people, told them how terrible they were. Got older and realized I actually had goals and cared about things and would like to stay alive. So I started kickboxing and barbell training and made it my career and never looked back.

All the aesthetic concerns on this board bore me but you people are actually mildly supportive of eachother and funnier than the other boards.

>I feel confident in my ability to protect mysef and my GF

Why? Do you also feel confident in your ability to play rugby and shot put because you lift? Fighting is a skill like any other, lifting doesn't magically make you good at it. Walking around thinking you do is dangerous and irresponsible.
Take ONE class of any legit martial art and find how to helpless you are. It's better than one day picking a wrong fight and getting you (or your GF like you said) hurt.

How do you think you would react if you were in the same situation now?

based cletusposter

>185 pretty lean at 6’2

shaking in my boots OP so scared