How intellectual are you Veeky Forums?

How intellectual are you Veeky Forums?

Attached: 8D7C23EF-416E-43AE-91AB-64C850399611.jpg (1616x2864, 559K)

i tried user but im too adhd. internet done fucked me up.

"No!"

I read 4/7 on the SHIT-TIER

Hallo Ernst.

Oh no I like fantasy. I guess I'm shit.

>The Great Gatsby
>good
That book is atrocious.

I fucking loved The Stranger, recommending it to everyone, no matter who you are. It's a pretty short book but it portrays Camus' philosophy very well.
Although I imagine a lot of people will misunderstand Mersault's thoughts at the end, in which case I recommend reading Camus' essay Sysiphus which works like a synthesis of his philosophy.

"god tier" according to that list

didnt understand notes from the underground, havent started on brothers

No one is gonna mention Clifford in middle tier?

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

>Wuthering Heights
>shit tier

W R O N G

is Atlas Shrugged good?

>great gatsby
>a fucking comic novel
>atlas shrugged

consider me baited

Attached: 1336481171450.png (186x186, 3K)

>atlas shrugged
>ghostwritten for a female jew
>god tier
Yeah, nah.

Reading Brothers Karamazov right now

Most of that god teir is awful or meh, lotr and war and peace are my all time favorite.

Atlas shrugged is the peak, you faggot

Accept the free market

The Great Gatsby was the most overrated pile of shit I ever read in my life.

Explain.

>everyone biting the Veeky Forums b8 that was posted here like 12 hours ago
Perhaps not all of us are going to make it

This. It’s a dumb person’s idea of classic literature.

Camus is gay. If you want God-tier literature read Louis-Ferdinand Céline.

>One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
Thats, literally, me with Harry Potter.

100 Years of Solitude being on low tier always triggers me because I love that book.

>Notes from Underground is low tier
>Somehow Atlas Shrugged is high tier

Attached: 1411925263552.png (667x670, 386K)

Noone is going to mention that Ulysses is in middle tier? But the dark night rises is in god tier?

How is this supposed to indicate any level of intelligence. Looks like someones opinionated list of favorite books. Nothing more. No Tolstoy, no Haruki Murakami, no Asimov, no Feynman, and absolutely nothing technical.

Fuck outta here with this psuedo-intellectual bullshit.

>reading fiction
>intellectual

There's maybe 2 or 3 books there worth anyone's time

Never read a book my entire life, fuck that shit

Power of now
Power vs force
Think and grow rich

I'm halfway into Brave new world right now.

My most recent read was pic related, it's really great reading if you're doing creative work, it has some interesting takes on self dicipline.

Attached: 41egKjcFRWL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (333x499, 26K)

I tried to read The Fountainhead

It's the second book i've abandoned in my entire life

Post the original you fucking faggot.

Jesus how are you fucking idiots still falling for this bait chart

ive read the stranger and atlas shrugged because im a gay faggot

The correct response is 'I am not an intellectual'. Read more Plato.

Attached: 1514516379667.png (800x1182, 443K)

More intellectual than the person who put WH and Alice in the same tier as Martin.

Why would they? I think its fair

That image is gay, Veeky Forums helped me get fit and i use 30 mins a day and end up belly laughing almost every time, at one point it was an addiction, then i deleted my facebook 8 years ago and never looked back, Veeky Forums is great, at least for me.

"No!"

>people are battling for fleeting moments of superiority

Is this the dullest bait in the history of bait threads?

No, it's fucking terrible. Objectivist Lolbertarians will pretend it's good because they agree with the philosophy but it's still shit writing.

>Gatsby god-tier
Is this a joke?

What the hell? I agree that harry potter is shit tier but song of ice and fire is top tier novel material. I read most of G. R. R. Martins bools and I also read most of orwells stuff and i have to say that i love both authors for their styles and they are my favourite writers.

>Ulysses
>mid-tier
You must be joking, right?

>Harry Potter
>shit tier

Ayn Rand wasn't a libertarian by any stretch. She was another self-serving cunt that talked a good game about individual rights and less government interference, but then immediately did an about-face when it came to copyright protections for her shitty books.

The State, But Only When It Suits Her.

Her books really are shit, though. The dialogue reads like it was written by a mildly autistic edgelord 16 year old. I don't know how she got to be a grown ass adult without realizing that people don't talk like they do in her books. Of course, she was probably too busy typing it all with one fucking hand to care.

Not as dull as the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

a-at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1442007704699.jpg (1750x3024, 699K)

I enjoyed Clifford and Grow
seems like I'm middle tier intellectual

yep

I think reading is generally for faggots but I will still read Beowulf since the film adaptation was so fucking horrible I have no other outlet for what's one of the greatest stories ever told

yes

>has read at least one book in each tier

Thanks for reminding me I need to get back into reading again. Haven't made it enough of a priority.

why is Hamlet low-tier?

Recommending this for /fitlit/ lads

Attached: file.png (893x1360, 1.18M)

I've read at least one book from every tier. I am the omni-tier.

They're not at all comparable other than that they're both French.

I've never seen those at the gas station

Attached: 81cb97b97357749e9f2f1eb8e20051aa.png (530x340, 263K)

Came here for this classic.
Thanks user have a (you)

>no bello gallico
>no vipera et lima
>no canis per fluvium
>no catilinarias
what is this

Why isn't The Count of Monte Cristo shit-tier? Fucking terrible book, bloated and boring

this picture is obviously satire, just subtle enough to be taken seriously by some people

>no Clifford

not based

>Rand was born Alisa Zinovyevna Rosenbaum ) on February 2, 1905 to a Russian Jewish bourgeois family living in Saint Petersburg
oy vey

Attached: hand.jpg (143x196, 13K)

>implying reading a few books makes you an "intellectual"
>ayn rand
you brainlets will never learn

t. college-educated

Attached: 1511866148884.png (320x312, 61K)

>getting trolled by Veeky Forums

> Paying to be indoctrinated thinking you'll gain knowledge in the age of free information.

I've read most of god-tier. L'etrange and Great Gatsby don't deserve to be there. I can't speak for Atlas shrugged because I was too young when I read about a third of it and ended up putting it down. Brothers Karamzov is the goat.

>American literature
>god-tier

kek

Attached: AYYY.jpg (720x960, 52K)

I've read more than half the books on each tier and a lot a similar or close.

>2018
>being a hamlet

>dostoevsky and rand on the same tier
I am beyond disgusted.

DEH

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 2K)