How are your pull ups coming along user? You can do a pull up, right?

How are your pull ups coming along user? You can do a pull up, right?

Attached: pullup-main.jpg (700x606, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

50pullups.com/50-pullups-programme/less-4-pullups
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can do about 20 in a row

Thinking about adding some weight

15 proper pullups. Not the bullshit pullups everyone else does where they neither go all the way down nor up and their swinging legs do half the work.

10 pullups at 95kg

i can do at max 10 atm. could do more but my bodyweight fluctuates a bit and i'm on a bulkeroni

Need gif

5 + 50 lbs

uhhhh i do chin ups

I hit 20 pretty recently, now I'm working weighted sets into my routine to try to get those last 3

faggot

Did 3 today with 1pl8.

Attached: 1502975096360.jpg (600x400, 215K)

Yeah, I'm 205 and can do 10 straight.

Am I good or a faggot because I can't do 20 straight?

I don't get it. Why not just do more reps with full ROM? I don't get adding plates.

you're a faggot because you browse this site

I do both. Unweighted feels really easy after deloading.

I don't get it. Why do people bench 2 pl8 for 5 reps when you could just slam 1pl8 for 25???

6'3"
243lbs
Can do about 13. Nothing amzing
Can bang out 23 or so chinups though.

>Yeah, I'm 205 and can do 10 straight.

that's impressive dude I didn't even know people could live that long

lel

6'4" 230lb
I try to do them in sets and usually go 8/6/5/5/3 or something, not very good at them.

~*`QUESTION`*~ Should I do my pullups on non-back/bi days? I find that they tax me a lot and make me have to drop my weight on my other lifts if I do pull ups first. Conversely, if I do pullups after a couple of other exercises I find that the amount I can do is severely limited. Should I just be doing pullups every day?

Why pull up when it's all about the weighted stretch?

Attached: 12016871924_8ee3db1c33_b.jpg (960x960, 222K)

Thats when i started adding weight.
Keep doing one of two sets without weight at the end of a session, for max reps.

I can do like 10-11. I dont know how to improve past that. Heard recently about just doing a certain amount of pull ups a day for a few weeks every day in small chunks. Like 50-60 a day and supposedly this is might improve my pull up game.
What do you think about that? Could that work?

Attached: 8GrdFiT.jpg (1280x1783, 379K)

Once you get to 3x10, add weight or do advanced progressions like side to side pull ups, archer pull ups and eventually one arm pull ups. Or do more sets.

Always do pull ups and pendlay rows first and do them on back day you do maybe a few on days that aren't before your back day but otherwise keep it exclusive unless you're doing full body

went from being a fatass who couldn't even do negatives to being able to do 2x2 dead-hangs w/ 10kg extra, and 5x5 dead-hang bodyweight (105kg)

feels pretty good, progress is super fast once you can do dead-hangs. tryna get to 5x10 in the next few weeks

Literally nobody in my school gym does pull ups properly, it pisses me off so much. Get hard mires for doing weighted ones tho.

I've been doing pull ups like shit and realize I can do only one properly. Now I might start seeing some progress.

>hard mires
>for 5'9" 130lbs manlets

3 pull ups + 20kg @ 82kg bw

i can do 5, despite being fat. Like 240 lbs builtfat.

How much weigh should I lose so it doesn't greatly affect my lifts, but should be able to do 10 strict pull ups? I'm thinking i should be down to 200-205 lbs (my goal weight).

I'm not going to rep out 20 chin ups instead of strapping plates to me and actually building strength. There is a point where doing more reps doesn't help with strength or size gains. This is why we do heavy bench presses instead of 200 push ups

Why is 8x4 so easy while 10x3 is so much harder...those last few reps on the last set are fucking horrible.

I'm almost there. I can pull myself up twice but I need to pull myself about 3-4 inches higher to get my chin above the bar and turn them into 2 official reps.

So how strong do you have to be do these and dips? I'm a fatass and I can barely do one. This feels terrible.

If you train pull-ups, and can do 5 at 240, going down to 200 will get you to an easy 15 or more.

The fatter you are, the harder they'll be.

Fattie detected

I guess they'll have to wait until I'm below 20% bf.

I went to the gym today and did 160 chin ups and 160 chin dips. It helps if you go to scoop city before hitting the gym.

Attached: 4L_arxbMRMf.png (424x458, 316K)

I can do 4-5, that's it. And that's cheating a little.
I've been doing this for a few weeks

50pullups.com/50-pullups-programme/less-4-pullups

tl;dr do sets of negatives, rest between,1x2x3xx

I can do only 7

Attached: fucked up feel.jpg (668x712, 129K)

Current best is 27 bodyweight. Sets of 8-12 with 1pl8 and 3-5 with 1.5 added. They're one of my strong points.

>I feel guilty because I know I could get other women and sometimes I think about doing it, but so far I haven't gone through with anything because I'm still holding out that I can change her mind.
You realize people do go for total volume right?

Skelly who can't do a pullup. I can do two chinups in a row, but chinups are gay.

I'm working hard to be able to do unassisted pullups.

Most likely, yeah. However, if you can at least dead hang, do dead hangs. Being able to hang on is the first step to doing a pull up and if you can begin progressing as a fatass, things will only get easier down the line when you're at a lower weight (to a certain extent).

3!

... so 6
You fucking DYEL

/rhabdo/ core I see

For some reason I have poor rep performance with pull ups. At my best I was capable of 15 deadhang pull ups (and that was when I was chasing 20 reps) ,while managing to do 40+ kg on weighted pull up. Right now I am at almost +60 kg weighted chin up and almost at +50 kg for pull up.

can only do 4 almost 5 all the way down to the point I'm disengaging my shoulders then abducting them again and up. Doing negatives to fill out the sets. I'm not even close to being fat.

Pullups kill my fucking elbows, helo me anons

I can barely do a dead hang

>Been lifting for a year
>Can only do 3 pullups
Help

do negatives or do more sets.

>did frankoman dumbell routine on and off for a year
>can do 15 pullups no problem
To be fair I'm pretty active in sports and other outdoors activities.

More sets with 3 reps? I dont think i could do any after the 2nd set desu

I can do two with good form but my arms/back shit out when I go for the third. How do I stop being such a weak faggot?

Attached: 1519945346273.jpg (480x480, 64K)

pretty well m8, pretty well. I have a lot of control over them, I can do them quite slowly without swinging around

They're fucking impossible, I've had them in my routine for 4 months and I can still only do 5 properly

>negatives
>rows
>reverse curls
>grease the groove evert day
You'll get there user

I can only do 10

chinups

Attached: 1516564476047.png (801x595, 570K)

>muh total volume
sorry but that's such bullshit

"Volume" isnt just feeling a pump from blasting 20 reps of fucking 1pl8 bench. intensity comes into factor In the volume equation Too.
225 for 3 sets of 10 is better volume and a better use of time than 135 for 100s of reps

Neutral, thumbless grip will do wonders for your lats. Don't fall for the "wide grip, wide back" meme, (its somewhat the opposite really), the lats work the hardest when the elbow is close to your body.

The wide grip over hand pullups are fun and it can be good to practice the movement pattern but really they place an uneccessary stress on the shoulders for no added benefit.

I did 20 wide grip pull ups in a row today, feels good man. Too bad I'm still DYEL though.

I can do 18 with a perfect form, then I start cheating to end up with 28 pull ups. More important than a pull up is a muscle up. If can't do even one muscle up, you shoudn't be considered a man.

Going for max reps about 25. I can do 3 with 60 kg (I'm 75 kg).

I mostly do archers and one arm negatives.

tfw when 20+ pullups but can't do a single muscle up. Any tips/advice?

Working on Wide Pull ups
Can do 12x3 Close grip
Imma make that shit

Go slow on your negatives

you're not doing your pullups correctly then. unless you literally don't have triceps, you should be able to pullup so high that you're basically already doing the muscleup

Do 72 strict pull ups every session (9x8)

Use a thinner bar, and focus more.

Why not both

Pullups first at start of back day; then chin ups at the end with other bicep work.

You just need pistol squats, muscle ups and dragon flags.

Just watch yt videos on muscle ups, there is alot of momentum and speed involved.

>tfw my fucking gym doesn't have a proper pull-up bar
just those stupid angled bars and the straighter ones are too high up for a manlet like me

>You can do a pull up, right?

No. I go to the gym and work mostly my back for this reason. lat pull downs with as much weight as I can handle and a lot of back rows. Because I am a bitch I can only handle 5 bars of weight on both back machines.

I'm able to regularly do a max set of 18 with strict form. In all other exercises I am pathetically weak, I'm not even close to 1/2/3/4.

Attached: CuqN-WHVUAA-hva.jpg (1024x700, 99K)

I can do 10 deadhang, 5 sec reps. Only doing them as accessories tho after 4 plate DL and heavy rows, so no idea how much would I be able to do fresh.

I'm at 88 kg

I'm decent at regular lifts but I can't do a single pullup
what can I do instead so I eventually can do at least 1?

Same

>Training for 1.5 years
>Can only do 1 pull up
>Cutting now to increase numbers

It gets easier at 190-200lbs, r-r-right guys?

I'm this guy and weigh 195. Pullups are easy and I only started doing them last month.

Attached: squat.png (679x680, 362K)

>tfw no gif

Bro i literally just did 8 today. I've outranked you boy.

Bend over

Went from not being able to do any back in January, to doing 5 right now. Dead hang no swinging leg shit. I gotta be able to do 20 in summer 2019.

I can do 16 with perfect form and im super happy. I do 100 pull-ups in however many sets it takes every back day and I totally recommend it!

> he’s holding a 45
> wait no
> he’s holding an entire barbell

I thought he was holding just a plate too.

Attached: 1476785445770.jpg (328x300, 12K)

Attached: pullups for days.gif (217x540, 46K)

OP was asking for it

Managed five muscleups this week
Feels good man

this is no longer funny.

what's the difference between a pull up and a chin up and which one should i do

Relative strength bro

Is there any reason to do dead hang pullups other than to look like a tryhard dyel

So widest viable grip would be inline with shoulders?

Got 6 strict form pullups with 15kg added now, feels good brehs.

Attached: 1477627567306.jpg (559x558, 67K)

helo user how are you

My Nigga.

Attached: 1509916992183.jpg (960x811, 75K)